• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kanye West

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

king-DAVID

DaDides said:
tony yayo didnt have half the hype kanye west did, thats the truth

no those beats were wack period, only diamonds, goldigger, dreams, the one song one jay-z album, and thats it. Those beats are wack period, he could never be as half as good as dre (he still ight though)

no beef to anyone who disagrees

I never said he was better than Dre, all I said was that he was better than Yayo.How could you say that Yayo didn't have as much hype.In almost every damn video they had the free yayo shirts.In concerts they had the same shirts, and now they have the "Yayo's Home" shirts.In almost every interview the members of G-Unit were kissing his ass,oh he's so great,he's this and that.It's ridiculous to compare Yayo who only writes songs,with the help of 50 I bet, to Kanye who does everything.Yayo has nothing original about him,Kanye on the other hand isn't like anything out there right now.Blinding yourself to the facts doesn't change anything.

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
dude kanye had 100 times mroe hype than yayo period. Free yayo shirts arent on the market, just on g unit, and eminem. And of course what celebrity does not try to promote his album as much as he can when on tv? kanye did it, yayo did it, dre did it, em did it, snoop dogg did it, tupac did it, green day did it, linkin park did it, everyone. Doesn't matter kanye had alot more hype, ill post the album sales of week 1 of yayos and wests cd and i gurantee its gonna go like this

kanye west-600,000
tony yayo-350,000

cuz west had more hype than yayo! Yayo was dumb enough to release his album the same day as kanye

king-DAVID

I think you are confusing hype with promotion/marketing.When an artist says go buy my album,that's promotion.When they put posters up and TV commercials, that's promotion.But when you have people saying,"oh man he is so good","he is the best"...ect. Then that my friend is hype,Yayo had way more hype. Unfortunately as you'll soon notice though,hype doesn't really make an album sell.You'll see that most artists with only hype quickly disappear.Which means that hype has no real impact on the outcome.

saratp

Bronze Member
Awards
he is okay but I dont like him like that much

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
king-DAVID said:
I think you are confusing hype with promotion/marketing.When an artist says go buy my album,that's promotion.When they put posters up and TV commercials, that's promotion.But when you have people saying,"oh man he is so good","he is the best"...ect. Then that my friend is hype,Yayo had way more hype. Unfortunately as you'll soon notice though,hype doesn't really make an album sell.You'll see that most artists with only hype quickly disappear.Which means that hype has no real impact on the outcome.

Then why did 50 not disappear? Get rich or Die Tryin had the most hype for an album and did sucessfully sell over 11 million copies and still a classic. But he didn't fall, instead he brought g unit into the world and released another record breaking album (from what the billboards say) and did above average than any other artist/band.

LittleLegs

Tony Yayo is good but i still like Kanye West better

my favorite song from Yayo is curious...itz a good song

king-DAVID

DaDides said:
Then why did 50 not disappear? Get rich or Die Tryin had the most hype for an album and did sucessfully sell over 11 million copies and still a classic. But he didn't fall, instead he brought g unit into the world and released another record breaking album (from what the billboards say) and did above average than any other artist/band.

.......You didn't get what I tried to say <_<

Rappers who have only hype, dissappear quickly.People get all excited to buy the album,but when they get it they realize that it's only hype, and that the album actually sucks.50 Cent,who I have no idea why you brought into this argument, sold because people liked his album.They saw that he wasn't just hype,that he was good.I don't agree with that statement but that's not the point.And now I've been to busy arguing to notice that I've gone off topic.I will end it by saying that everyone has their own opinion,and mine is that Yayo is about as talented as Vanilla Ice.So there,I'm done arguing.

marlousmiracle

For the Future
Website
www.myspace.com
KingRiku911 said:
Truely I don't see why people like him so much! I mean truely he is just doin what every other rapper is doing. I truely don't like him. I would pick Snoop Em Will Dre Fifty or any of those guys any day.

KAnye west includes god in his song "Jesus Walks". snop dog i dont know what he talks about

cloud@omnislash

Kanye sells Yayo doesn't.
50 sells Jadakiss doesn't.
And for the many people who try say Kanye's beats are sry.
Just like 50's probably f*cked your favorite actress
Kanye's probably made a beat for your favorite artist.
Kanye/Swiss Beats/Neptunes/Just Blaze are the only real producers out hear and that's real.
I would have said Dr. Teeth but there's too many involved in Chopped & Screwed music.

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
^^Kanye has just started now producing for other people. Besides Game's dreams, what other song has he produced? outside the rocafella circle?

And the real producers are:
1) Dr. Dre
2) Scott Storch
3) Eminem (only when he is serious)
4) Kanye West
5) Cool, Mike Elizindo, Just Blaze (all equal)

Just Blaze has gotten horrible throughout the years...his beats on the Documentary=the worst beats ever.

Swizz Beatz-a Scott Storch wannabe to me

Last edited:

Agent Orange

There is no mainstream rapper really like Kanye. He's from the suburbs of Chicago, not a "gangsta", and doesn't wear clothes usually affiliated with hip-hop. I think he is a much more original rapper than the rest. His writes, and produces his own music as well. Currently one of my favourite rapper, along with Royce da 5'9". Besides those two and Jay Z, I don't really listen to rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back