• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kadaj's Final Mission: Lifestream Crisis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ok, guys. I just wanna tell you all that I'm not going to be doing any chapters for a while now. You're free to be able to still read and comment on the fan fic. As you notice via my sig, I have important exams again. But I am still trying to get on whenever I have any spare time. See y'all later and hope to catch you again when my exams are over.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Puddle Jumper said:
I hope you do well and good luck!
I got good news. I only have four exams left. I do three this week, but next week, I only do one. That means I have Monday to Thursday off on that week. So I will be able to temporarily go back into fan fic writing. Oh, I have tomorrow afternoon off. I can do some then.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sorry for not posting for a loooooooooooooooong time. Could it get any longer? NO! So here I go!

~~~

Chapter 12: The Secret Weapon

Several weeks had passed by since they had arrived in Mensikia. There was only one person who wondered about their being here and that person turned out to be Kadaj. He began to wonder how they could come to such a beautiful place and stay here, whilst there was so much danger going on in the real world?

I must be the only one who questions everything around himself lately. Kadaj sighed as he stood outside of his new room in a golden building. He watched the villagers as they were preparing for the Mensikian ritual as Destiny had told him so. As the blue flame was lit in the big golden plate, it made Kadaj wonder about all the bad things he had done a year ago with his brothers, Loz and Yazoo. Had it been worth it?

"It was worth it," Aeris had told him when they had first came out of the Lifestream and they were approaching the city of Edge. "You were driven to become normal and any person would do that."

"Would someone not normal steal Materia from the one trying to save his own people?" asked Kadaj. "Would someone not normal destroy all in his path to become normal?"

But that had been the point where this short conversation had ended. He remembered so well of how his heart, mind, body and soul had been ripped out of the Lifestream and washed out into the planet. Kadaj had already began to forget about the Promised Land. He desired to go back to it, but almost everyone who had been released from that paradise had their minds corrupted by Sephiroth. He and Aeris were lucky to escape his wrath.

"What you doing?" asked Destiny as she came to talk to him and sat on the wall.

"Nothing really," said Kadaj. "I was thinking ... about the chaos in the Lifestream that happened not so long ago. It just sickens me how it could have all collapsed. We still need to know how it did all come to unleashing those who died recently or a long time ago."

"I know we do and we will find out," said Destiny. "Right now, we need to be ready for Sephiroth and his followers. They've all been infected with the Jenova cells, right? Well, that means we have to be at our best. I can handle Sephiroth if you -"

"I can handle him, I'll be fine," said Kadaj.

"You know what ties our bonds even stronger, Kadaj?" said Destiny.

"What does then, Destiny?" he asked.

"Memories," said Destiny, answering his question. "People may not think highly of memories, but we do in Mensikia. We think highly of the people who have passed on or have actually left us here. I know for a fact that Cloud thinks of someone very highly and yet, she is just a memory to him."

"Aeris ..." said Kadaj.

"You do know that Cloud and Aeris cannot meet, Kadaj," said Destiny. "But remember what Aeris said to you. There is someone that Sephiroth is holding and he is precious to our side."

"Zack," he whispered. "We're just wasting more time! We have to rescue him now!"

"That must wait for now, Kadaj," said Destiny. "For now, we must wait for the Mensikian ritual to take place. The chief of Mensikia has dispatched spies to watch over Sephiroth."

"You WHAT?!" said Kadaj loudly. "You know what has happened previously to them. Sephiroth shall slaughter them."

In the meantime, much was going on near the city of Edge. At Sephiroth's base, all were under his control. Sephiroth laughed as he held a Mensik by his throat and had his Masamune to his chest.

"Look upon me, all," he said in his usual dark voice as his green eyes were cast upon the entire group there. "I am the mighty Sephiroth and we shall possess all with the Jenova cells. I am the master of Jenova cells, thanks to my father here."

Hojo smiled nastily as he was applauded. "Indeed," he said. "Once we regain Kadaj, it shall all be fine. But then again, I wonder what I could experiment with ..."

"FATHER!" hissed Sephiroth. "This is MY moment! MY moment! I am the only one permitted to speak alone, you imbecile! Now ... alas, I am your saviour. The one who CAN lead you to Mother. She will set us all free and make us powerful ... so powerful that you could not imagine true power. My father, Hojo, has deviced something so powerful that we cannot be stopped. We have created the ultimate device to combat anyone or anything!" He turned to Hojo. "Bring it on."

Suddenly, Hojo ran off and brought on a big metal box. He put it up at normal height and then the door was opened. "I present to you all," he smiled nastily. "I present to you all on this day! THE ULTIMATE WEAPON OF DESTRUCTION!"

And then someone stepped out of the box, or rather two people did. Loz and Yazoo did. "Two potentials to become me," hissed Sephiroth as he stood next to them. "But what would happen if these two were together as one? Well, I say we find out right now. The most powerful Jenova cells rest in my body and I can transform these both! Now what would happen if they are as one? Loz, Yazoo! Prepare yourselves, it is time that you fuse together and become ... a part of me."

A green aura surrounded Sephiroth's body and there was a scream of pain coming from him. That aura went over to Loz and Yazoo. Sephiroth took a deep breath and watched as the aura brought Loz and Yazoo together to form as ... one. The new person almost looked identical to Sephiroth. A smile crept upon his face.

"Welcome, my friend," said Sephiroth. "You are now a new person and new to this planet. Tell me, what do you wish for your name to be?"

"I wish ..." said the newcomer. "... for my name to be ... Dusk."

"And so it is Dusk," smiled Sephiroth nastily. "Welcome, my friend. It is time to put you to further use. The Jenova cells ... the ultimate Jenova cells ... they are at your disposal. You will become a god just like myself. Here, Hojo. IT IS TIME!"

Hojo nodded. "I wish you would address me as your father, Sephiroth," he said. "But we are both getting what we ever wanted. After all, I am reunited with my son and we are finishing off what we first started."

"And with Cloud out of the way, all is fine," laughed Sephiroth evilly.

Hojo opened up a tube and then some Jenova cells went rushing into Dusk's body. He cried out in immense pain and laughed. "It's time," he hissed. "I know where the fools are hiding. They hide in the keeper of the Lifestream's sacred home ... it is time to get them ..."

~~~

Sorry, it's so short. Been a while since I posted here.

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPOILER ALERT IN THIS MESSAGE! SPOILER!Well, not that big of a spoiler but still....~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have read the first chapter, and it seems pretty good!=^_^= Though, I'm a little upset by the fact you mad Reno and Rude seem cruel because they were allies after all in the movie! Also, I have to read on on seeing why Kadaj would want to help them! @_@ It's pretty good so far, though, I hope you do NOT SET UP A CLOUDxAERIS THING! AT THE END OF ADVENT CHILDREN, THEY CONFIRMED ZACK AND AERIS WERE MORE OR LESS A COUPLE!*Anime vein*

EDIT: Then again... Kadaj would probably be a good guy since he did spend his days with Aeris and stuff.....

Ty Leonheart

I've never commented before but i have been reading the story. All i want to say is............ Great Job. You must be a master or something

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
If you read the fan fic, then you may stop asking questions. Asking so many questions isn't exactly good for a fan fiction. Keep your questions to yourself if you could. I'm not getting at you, but Reno and Rude were only taking orders from Rufus. So now we move on to the thirteenth chapter and you know how unlucky this is gonna get ...

~~~

Chapter 13: Luck Is Running Out

Kadaj was now alone as he walked through the jungle beyond Mensikia. "I'm broken and I'm a lost cause," he said to himself. "What good can come out of this? My mission is to only restore the Lifestream, this isn't a second chance at life. It's a chance to put everything right."

He looked down at the ground and a sad look was on his face. He sighed and pulled out his double sword. A man with short silver hair down his ears with green eyes and a black long coat was shown. It was him, Kadaj. Looking at himself also showed reflections of Loz and Yazoo, his brothers. Kadaj really wanted to shatter his sword so badly because he felt betrayed with his brothers being with Sephiroth. But he didn't. They were his family and he could never do that. Putting his double sword away, he walked deeper into the jungle until he encountered Destiny.

"You know, I've been thinking," she said.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Perhaps there is a place for you in the world," replied Destiny as she looked as happy as ever. "There could be happiness and even hope for you. You're a brave warrior, Kadaj. But you've never really been able to have a good life ever since the Jenova cells almost drove you to the point of insanity."

"But why say this now?" said Kadaj. "You had plenty of opportunities to say it before."

"I just needed to get it out of my system, I guess," said Destiny as she gazed into the beautiful blue clear sky. "Another great day in Mensikia, I guess. Look, Kadaj. I know you're worried about Loz and Yazoo. I can see it in your eyes."

"What business is it of yours?" he sighed. "You haven't been following me, have you?"

"Not at all," she smiled. "I was just ... worried about you, you know?"

"No one's ever been worried for me before," said Kadaj. "That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that. But still ... I committed crimes as I faced my big brother. I tried to stop him from stopping me reviving Sephiroth. He only took advantage of me and he was alive ... in me. Now he's more powerful than ever. I don't know what to do anymore."

"It'll be ok, Kadaj," said Destiny. "You have to believe in yourself. Or else that won't lead you to anywhere. Loz and Yazoo will be fine, I know it. My visions don't fail me. I had one before seeing that they were in a safe place and that they knew Sephiroth was using them. They're powerless, but safe."

Suddenly, there was a bang. Kadaj and Destiny jumped from this. Destiny climbed up a tree right away and put her had on her forehead to block the sun from her eyes.

"What is it, Destiny?" said Kadaj.

"Aaaahhh!" she cried out in pain as she fell from the tree. Kadaj jumped into the air and caught her body to then descend to the ground. "NO! It's all happening now!"

"What's happening? Destiny, what's going on here?!" shouted Kadaj.

"Mensikia ... being attacked ... Mensiks ... dying ..." she said.

"Look, I'll put you underneath this tree and they won't find you," he said to her as he placed her painful body underneath the tree in the darkness of it. "I'll go see what's going on." And with that, he ran off with his double sword in his hand.

Meanwhile, Mensikia was indeed getting attacked. Dusk had arrived through forcing a Mensik to open the way to the mythical place. Alongside him, Loz and Yazoo were there with the special forces of SOLDIER that were infused with the Jenova cells.

"Where the hell is that damn silver haired guy, Kadaj?" yelled Barret as he began to shoot the forces of SOLDIER like no tomorrow. "He better get here as soon as he can, huh?!"

Vincent ran and clawed some of SOLDIER with his golden hand and then he pulled out his gun. Leaping into the air, he spun around and shot about ten of them down. "You are right," he said. "Where is Kadaj?"

"You can carry on asking where Kadaj is," said Yazoo as he pulled out his guns. "We just want to find him as well."

"Yeah, you guys better not be hiding our little brother!" yelled Loz.

"This isn't looking so good ..." said Denzel. He had taken cover and hid with Marlene and Aeris. "I wanna help, but I don't have anything that can stop them."

A female Mensik crawled over to them as her body was bloodied. "Please ..." she whispered and tried to raise her voice through all the pain that she was enduring. "You must hurry to the jungle ... it is ... the only safe place there ... the mythical jungle shall protect you ... the jungle god shall protect you ..." And with that, she was shot again and died before their eyes.

"The jungle ... let us go then," said Aeris. "I'll protect us all." She grabbed Marlene and hoisted her into her arms. "Denzel, you've been to the jungle before. Lead the way."

"Yeah, with pleasure!" said Denzel as he nodded and ran on ahead. Aeris hurried as fast as she could and they came to the jungle out of the grand ancient city's way.

As Barret and Vincent approached Loz and Yazoo, two familiar faces from the Turks appeared.

"Step aside, little boys," said Reno. "We have a payback to give them after all."

"Heh, look who's talking," said Loz.

Rude cleared his throat. "If I recall, we need revenge," he said.

"Well, we did beat the hell out of you both," smiled Yazoo evilly.

"Oh, my ... you just used your head!" laughed Reno with Rude. "I guess you guys don't have what it takes to beat this time! We're better than then. We're stronger this time and we can take ya both."

"I have better things to do than watch child's play," said Vincent as he turned away to defend a group of Mensiks. Barret eagerly followed him as he did not like the Turks or Loz and Yazoo so much.

"Someone can talk," said Loz.

"You are both SO going down," said Reno. "Uriaaaaaaa!"

"You know what? We may have been infused for a while, but hey," said Yazoo. "Dusk is a part of us and he can handle himself. He is now real and a part of Sephiroth. He's a part of us all."

And with that, Reno ran at Yazoo and started to kick him unexpectedly. Rude clashed with Loz and the pair of them exchanged punching blows. Yazoo grabbed Reno and threw him into Rude. Loz laughed as he watched all of this happening.

"Dammit," muttered Reno. "But hey, that wasn't so bad, right?"

He and Rude got back up to fight Loz and Yazoo. Meanwhile, Aeris was with Denzel and Marlene. They had now found Destiny in pain as she was forced to watch all of her people die through her visions. She was trapped and she could not be reached out for.

"What's wrong with her?" asked Denzel.

"The visions are hurting her so much," explained Aeris as she put Marlene down.

"Is she gonna be ok, flower lady?" asked Marlene.

"I don't know," replied Aeris.

Kadaj had now reached the main part of Mensikia in the city and he had seen his brothers fight Reno and Rude just like they did a year ago. But who am I meant to fight? He wondered on this when he saw a Mensik being slaughtered by ... Dusk. Wearing a creepy smile on his face, Dusk turned to Kadaj and pointed his long sword at him.

"And we finally meet! It is you, Kadaj!" he said. His voice was darker than before.

Kadaj looked at him and he saw both Loz and Yazoo in Dusk ... trapped.

"Sephiroth ... what have you done to them? He's enslaved their minds!" he shouted, glaring at Dusk. "And you are the creation that will soon be of ignorance. Can you not see that Sephiroth is going too far with this?"

"Sephiroth is the answer to all of our prayers," laughed Dusk. "If I have to, then I shall kill you. But Sephiroth wishes for you to be alive. I couldn't kill you even if I wanted to. I suppose Sephiroth highly speaks of you, Kadaj. Let us see how you amount to MY power!" And with that, he quickly stabbed Kadaj in the arm and then slashed him in the face and kicked him into a wall. "Ah, so the hero can't handle it?"

"I ... I'm no ... hero ..." said Kadaj as he coughed up blood and he was panting. He had never expected Dusk to be so quick. "You ... you stole their abilities."

"No, I borrowed them," laughed Dusk as he continued to slash Kadaj constantly and he was far too quick. "When we get our hands on you one day, we shall be together. You'll be completely immersed with me and you shall become normal just like Loz and Yazoo. Your body will become a lifeless empty vessel that will be used to help Sephiroth sail the planet of darkness."

Kadaj stabbed Dusk through the back and in front of his chest. "TAKE THAT!" he yelled. "HOW DARE YOU USE LOZ AND YAZOO'S POWER TO GET YOUR OWN POWER! HOW DARE YOU SPEAK OF SEPHIROTH IN FRONT OF ME AS IF HE IS A GOD! HOW DARE YOU EVEN TOUCH ME!"

Now it was Dusk's turn to cough up the blood and he glared at Kadaj. "I have no time for a mere puppet like you," he hissed. "It is time that you return to whence you came. Go back to the Lifestream! Or give me your power one day. Until that time comes, farewell." He slashed Kadaj one last time before running off into the jungle.

Kadaj took the blow well and he grabbed the double sword that he had dropped. "It's time ..." he hissed darkly. "Time that I had to do this on my own ... I HAVE TO STOP HIM!" And with that, he gathered his strength back and persuited Dusk into the jungle.

"We'll be safe," said Aeris. "I promise you that I shall protect you."

Suddenly, the sound of a long sword stuck into the ground was heard. Aeris, Denzel and Marlene turned to see Dusk had arrived. She stood and spread out her arms.

"You shall not harm them!" she yelled.

Dusk flicked his silver hair behind his ears and laughed at her feeble attempt to stop him. "Oh, really?" he said. "You may have been killed by Sephiroth, but I am different to him. I am a far more powerful creation that can even withstand ... THE ANCIENTS!" He pushed Aeris out of the way and it left Denzel and Marlene no choice, but to go and help her. Dusk felt pleased with himself.

"Flower lady! Are you ok?" said Marlene.

"Aeris! Speak to us!" shouted Denzel out of desperation.

"After all of this time, it has come to this," laughed Dusk evilly. "The last remaining Mensik is ours. Do you hear that, Mensik? Your race is over. They are all dead and you are now the last one. If I am correct, then you are the new guardian and keeper of the Lifestream. Oh, I do pity you. Actually, I don't! You will serve us now." He picked her up and then saw that Kadaj had arrived.

"Leave her alone ..." growled Kadaj as he pointed his double sword at Dusk.

"Don't bother," he said. "Destiny is the last Mensik of the planet. She will be used for our plans and there is no way you can intervene now." With that, he floated into the air holding Destiny in his hands. "The war has just begun, Kadaj. It is not too late to join us. Pick a side or else you will be facing the consequences. Luck is running out."

He flew away near to Loz and Yazoo. They were literally getting beaten up by Reno and Rude this time.

"Retreat!" said Dusk, commanding them. "The goal is complete. Now let us go."

Loz and Yazoo left Mensikia along with Dusk. Many forces of SOLDIER had been left for dead, but there had been a price to pay. The Mensiks lay dead and now there were none of them left ... except for Destiny. Kadaj returned to Reno, Rude, Barret and Vincent alongside with Aeris, Denzel and Marlene.

"We lost?" said Barret. "How could we?" He held Marlene in his arms and hugged her. He was so attached to her.

"Well, Rude and I won our battle," assumed Reno.

"But they got away with the girl," said Rude.

"Oh yeah, that Destiny girl or whatever her name is," said Reno.

"Her name IS Destiny!" yelled Kadaj. "It's not over yet. It will never be over. If Destiny dies, then we're all officially screwed."

"What do you mean, Kadaj?" asked Vincent. "Do I suspect that you are thinking what I am thinking?"

"Yes," nodded Kadaj. "No Lifestream, eternal life. We all want it, but it will be painful without the Mensiks. If Destiny dies, then we're all doomed. The planet will be cast into darkness and nothing will ever be the same. We have to go and save her. If only I hadn't left her there ..."

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Chapter 14: War of the Planet

Destiny is gone and we are still here as if nothing has happened. What is to become of her? Sephiroth has many ways of manipulation. Kadaj stood outside Mensikia and looked at the mythical entrance to the enchanted place. Kadaj was feeling so guilty. If Destiny died, then the whole world was doomed. No one wanted a world where Sephiroth ruled over the Lifestream and its flow.

"Are you coming?" asked Aeris. She was standing some distance behind him.

The others were at the truck and Kadaj was the last one standing there just silently. He turned to her and sighed. His eyes, for the first time in years, were full of regret. Aeris stood there waiting for Kadaj's answer and she was waiting patiently.

"I don't know what I should do," said Kadaj and he turned to face her. "Aeris, what should I do? What can I do without Destiny?"

"We started this alone, Kadaj," said Aeris. "As a matter of fact, you started this whole thing alone. You don't need Destiny. You don't even need me. You don't need anybody, but there is one person you need. And that person is yourself. Only you can do this for everyone at the end of the day. No one around you can make you do this in the end."

Kadaj remained silent as he heard Aeris turn back to the truck. He stood there for a while wondering on what she had said to her. She is right. Only I can do this alone if I decide to do it. It's time that I did do something! Trying to get over losing Destiny to Dusk who would take her to Sephiroth, Kadaj turned to everyone.

"This won't do," he said. "We need extra power. That means we free everyone from the prison. Vincent, you come with me and we'll go free everyone. We'll also take Reno and Rude with us ..." He looked a little worried about Reno and Rude, yet he only showed this expression to Vincent.

"So it is decided," said Vincent. "Kadaj, Reno, Rude and I shall go to Edge to the rebuilt Shinra building to free them. I would advise that Barret take Denzel, Marlene and Aeris to somewhere safe."

"I can take them all to Cosmo Canyon," suggested Barret.

"Not a bad idea at all," smiled Aeris.

"We agree with it," said Denzel. "Right, Marlene?"

"Of course we do! As long as I have Daddy with me," said Marlene.

"Yeah, I guess they agree with this idea," said Barret.

"Alas, it is decided," said Kadaj. "We free my brother and the rest of his comrades. Once that is done, we go ahead with the fight to rescue Destiny. Is that agreed? Well, I can see so." He turned to Vincent. "Don't think I'm considering you as the back burner. You'll be fighting alongside me and remember, we have to fight no matter what happens."

They all nodded at his last sentence. "So if it's settled, then I say we should get going then," said Barret. Aeris, Denzel and Marlene got on to the truck. Barret turned to Kadaj. "Give Cloud a message and tell him to get his spiky haired butt into this fight!"

"You got it," smiled Kadaj. "And if we meet Sephiroth along the way, then so be it. We'll hand his ass to him ... literally."

Vincent got on his glider and Kadaj got on his motorbike. Barret got into the truck and drove towards Cosmo Canyon. Kadaj and Vincent sped ahead towards Edge.

"So how do you propose you get over the sea with your bike?" asked Vincent.

"Why so curious, Vincent?" asked Kadaj as he put his bike to the fastest speed.

"Oh, that's just me," he said. "Don't worry, I'm stronger than I look. I'll pick you up and throw you."

"Then let's speed ahead!" yelled Kadaj as they sped ahead as fast as they could.

"Ok, be careful now!" said Vincent as they came towards the Costa Del Sol ocean. He picked up Kadaj's bike and tossed it towards the sea. Now Kadaj was seen to be riding the waves. He wasn't sinking at all and Vincent was right next to him. "Need another pick me up?"

"No, thanks," smiled Kadaj. "Ok, now let's go and get Cloud and the others."

They reached the shores of Junon and both of them smiled.

"Ready to gatecrash Junon and take down some of the special forces of SOLDIER?" asked Vincent curiously looking at Kadaj.

"Most certainly," replied Kadaj pleasantly as he unsheathed his double sword. "Killing some of them right now would give me some satisfaction." But that satisfaction won't be complete until I get Destiny back on our side. Who knows what Sephiroth could be doing to her right now?

As they drove through the town, they slashed through countless forces of SOLDIER. Unknown to them, the lifeless and manipulated Loz and Yazoo were spying on them from up above.

"Shall we alert Sephiroth?" asked Loz.

"No, let us tell Dusk," suggested Yazoo. "He will take care of the traitor."

"A brilliant idea, Yazoo," said Loz. "Now let's go and get him."

As Kadaj and Vincent cut their way through Junon, they came to the plains once again. They came to the cave, where Dusk was blocking their way.

"Going somewhere?" he smiled.

"Vincent," said Kadaj. "Get out of here! I want to get him for revenge."

"And revenge it shall be," hissed Dusk.

And within that, the pair of them clashed. The determination in Kadaj's eyes and his desire to see Destiny made him even stronger to fight this battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back