• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Jiminy's Journal has a plothole :)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerruss

Awards
True, yet ironic since it was, what? 5 years between KH1 and 2?
And, yes, I do realize they probably weren't thinking they were gonna make a sequel when they released KH1. (I may be corrected, though)

May I use my first post to correct you?
Ok, at the end after the credits they had Sora, Donald, and Goofy finding pluto with a letter from the king.
And a letter from the king is what started Donald, and Goofy on their journey in the first place.
So, they implied that their would be a squeal.
And I don't know which one but both of the secret movies basically said they were planning on a squeal.(so at least they were working on the story line)

THough one of the reasons it took them so long for the second they were doing work on the KH engine, and than decided to scrap that and make a new engine for it.(According to disney adventure magazine)

On Topic: Like everyone else said they did the "plot hole" so you would have everything you encountered in the game in your journal.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
May I use my first post to correct you?
Ok, at the end after the credits they had Sora, Donald, and Goofy finding pluto with a letter from the king.
And a letter from the king is what started Donald, and Goofy on their journey in the first place.
So, they implied that their would be a squeal.
And I don't know which one but both of the secret movies basically said they were planning on a squeal.(so at least they were working on the story line)

THough one of the reasons it took them so long for the second they were doing work on the KH engine, and than decided to scrap that and make a new engine for it.(According to disney adventure magazine)

On Topic: Like everyone else said they did the "plot hole" so you would have everything you encountered in the game in your journal.

The scene with the letter was there so that the players would want a sequel purely to find out what was in the letter. (btw, has it ever been said what was in it?). And the secret video wasn't in the original release, it was added later on in the american and european version.

On topic: does it really matter wether they were in there or not? It probably was just there for completeness' sake and it only appeared when you were near the end of the game anyway.

captain

Bronze Member
True, yet ironic since it was, what? 5 years between KH1 and 2?
And, yes, I do realize they probably weren't thinking they were gonna make a sequel when they released KH1. (I may be corrected, though)

Um, have you heard of a little GBA game called Chain of Memories? It takes place between KH1&2, and was released 2 years after the first game and 1 year before KH2.
And there were 3 years between 1&2, not five.
They had sequels planned the whole time, hence the secret video at the end of KH1 and KH:CoM itself.

The scene with the letter was there so that the players would want a sequel purely to find out what was in the letter. (btw, has it ever been said what was in it?). And the secret video wasn't in the original release, it was added later on in the american and european version.

The secret videos for both KH1&2 were on the original Japanese release because they had sequels planned all along.

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - Opening Intro Movie
I assume this is the scene you mean? (Lol, rhyme) Well, the begining anyway, CoM picks up after they start chasing Pluto (although he seems to get away)

You know, both Pluto and Jiminy seem to play very mysterious roles in Kingdom Hearts...
Perhaps this will be expanded on in Coded?
It may also answer questions about how Jiminy seemed to record Roxas's memories.

Qarx

Um, have you heard of a little GBA game called Chain of Memories? It takes place between KH1&2, and was released 2 years after the first game and 1 year before KH2.
And there were 3 years between 1&2, not five.
They had sequels planned the whole time, hence the secret video at the end of KH1 and KH:CoM itself.

The secret videos for both KH1&2 were on the original Japanese release because they had sequels planned all along.

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - Opening Intro Movie
I assume this is the scene you mean? (Lol, rhyme) Well, the begining anyway, CoM picks up after they start chasing Pluto (although he seems to get away)

You know, both Pluto and Jiminy seem to play very mysterious roles in Kingdom Hearts...
Perhaps this will be expanded on in Coded?
It may also answer questions about how Jiminy seemed to record Roxas's memories.

Hmm, you sure? I'm pretty sure I heard between the original Japanese version and the American version, they added the Ice Titan, Sephiroth, Phantom, Kurt Zisa (from the Name In Game Sweepstakes), and that secret movie: Another Side, Another Story.
I also heard plenty of Japanese kids were mad about this, hense the Japan-only Final Mix release; this included one more boss battle ("Unknown", alleged to be Xemnas), 3 more Ansem's Reports, loads of Heartless, an extra, more difficult setting was included, and finally, the additional movie (extending Another Side, Another Story): Deep Dive.

Perhaps I heard wrong?

captain

Bronze Member
Hmm, you sure? I'm pretty sure I heard between the original Japanese version and the American version, they added the Ice Titan, Sephiroth, Phantom, Kurt Zisa (from the Name In Game Sweepstakes), and that secret movie: Another Side, Another Story.
I also heard plenty of Japanese kids were mad about this, hense the Japan-only Final Mix release; this included one more boss battle ("Unknown", alleged to be Xemnas), 3 more Ansem's Reports, loads of Heartless, an extra, more difficult setting was included, and finally, the additional movie (extending Another Side, Another Story): Deep Dive.

Perhaps I heard wrong?

Actually, that is right, except for the video part. Another Side Another Story was on the original Japanese release and the American release, but an expanded video, Deep Dive, was put on Final Mix

littleredh

Yeah lol....I believe that Jiminy probably is psyhcic and knows all the details about any oponent in the game you will ever incounter...but its just a guess

Qarx

I forgot if someone said it or not, but if you look in the "Album" section in the part about Twilight Town, there's a picture of the part where Roxas said his summer vacation was over. The picture was called "Recorded Data". There was no description on it.

This, too, was one of those things that are added after you "fight" Roxas. (at least, I THINK it is)

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
After Roxas rejoined Sora, his memories became Sora's as well.
Sora's memories are where Jiminy derives most of his Journal entries from.
He does this by...

CLIFFHANGER!!!

Well, perhaps Sora told Jiminy about what he remembered sometime off camera, and Jiminy decided to add it to the journal.

As for all the organisation members appearing at one point, I always assumed it was because Sora and co. had looked them up on the computer as they were browsing for info, since they're data appears right after that scene, if I'm not mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The information on the Organization members and of the Twilight Thorn don't appear until towards the end of the game, when Sora knows/is getting to know more about Roxas.

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
Oh, alright then, I guess I'm mistaken. I was sure it was after the computer scene.

You sure about that? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back