• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

it seems odd....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

marluxia101

well...in the 358/2 days trailer, there were 2 cutscenes that made me think,, and they both concern riku...

the first one is the scene where riku is talking to xion in destiny islands. when i finished kh2, i thought that when sora and riku passed through the door to the light,, then that's the only time that riku ever got back to destiny islands(more importantly to the realm of light). but this scene happens between kh1 and kh2. nomura said in an interview that the reason why riku could not go with sora in the ending of kh1, is because he cannot cross the door to darkness. meaning from that point till the end of kh2, riku cannot go back to worlds that belong to the realm of light.

he only lost his connection to the darkness when he transformed back to his real form from being xehanort's heartless. he even tried to open a dark corridor, but couldn't anymore. king mickey then told him that he does not belong to the dark realm anymore. so, why is it that he was able to go to destiny islands in 358/2 days?...

the 2nd one, is the scene where knig mickey meets riku in the twilight town woods. in that scene, riku was already in his xehanort form. but we all know that the first time he used that power is when he captured roxas, because he couldn'rt defeat him. so does that mean, that scene is past the time he captured roxas? if so, is it possible that that scene is near 358/2 days ending?

what do you think?

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
Not sure that the time with Roxas was the first time he transformed into Xehanort's heartless, he's too conscious of his ability to change into it. Besides, he transforms back into Riku form in the scene with Mickey in the woods, so it probably wasn't the first time.

Your point about Riku traveling to Destiny Island is interesting. Maybe the Destiny Island we're seeing isn't real, so he's able to go there. I'm beginning to think, when Xion is sleeping so often, she travels into her memories where Destiny Island is. Somehow other people can visit her there, maybe part of why we see Roxas in the Chain of Memories scene of Riku and Zexion. Special room in Castle Oblivion is my guess.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
the first one is the scene where riku is talking to xion in destiny islands. when i finished kh2, i thought that when sora and riku passed through the door to the light,, then that's the only time that riku ever got back to destiny islands(more importantly to the realm of light). but this scene happens between kh1 and kh2. nomura said in an interview that the reason why riku could not go with sora in the ending of kh1, is because he cannot cross the door to darkness. meaning from that point till the end of kh2, riku cannot go back to worlds that belong to the realm of light.

No, he only explained why Riku didn't pass through at that specific moment, since Riku had neither the option of going through the door, nor proper control over Corridors of Darkness, it would seem. That, and ya know - circumstances.
Riku did get out of there pre-KH2 though. What pulled Riku out of the Realm of Darkness was DiZ in CoM. Once Riku reached CO, he was free to roam the Realm of Light as he pleased.
Nomura explained a specific moment with highly unlikely circumstances; it's not to be used to explain anything else other than the ending scene of KH1.

he only lost his connection to the darkness when he transformed back to his real form from being xehanort's heartless. he even tried to open a dark corridor, but couldn't anymore. king mickey then told him that he does not belong to the dark realm anymore. so, why is it that he was able to go to destiny islands in 358/2 days?...

I fail to see the logical failure.
Riku being tied to the Darkness = Riku being able to use Corridors of Darkness (hecenforth refered to CoD).
Riku being able to use CoD = Riku being able to bounce around worlds as he wishes, from Twilight Town to the Land of Dragons where Sora later meets him, to the Realm of Darkness itself when Sora meets him during the whole HB fiasco, to TWTNW at the end of the game -
To Destiny Islands, and Beast's Castle during CoM.

There's nothing stopping someone related to the Darkness from being in the Realm of Light. And on the contrary, Riku is not a being of Darkness - hence his inability to pass through the DtD in the first place, thus getting him stuck on the other side of it.
It was his somewhat affinity to it however that later on enabled him to yes travel to Beast's Castle and DI.

the 2nd one, is the scene where knig mickey meets riku in the twilight town woods. in that scene, riku was already in his xehanort form. but we all know that the first time he used that power is when he captured roxas, because he couldn'rt defeat him. so does that mean, that scene is past the time he captured roxas? if so, is it possible that that scene is near 358/2 days ending?

It's not after, I'd assume, since that would just about screw up the entire point of Riku's story in KH2.
The reason he even keeps the blindfold on is to hold XH back. Namely - he could.
The reason he didn't want to meet with Sora was because he - as far as we know today - was stuck as Xehanort's Heartless. Thus he also named himself "Ansem" when DiZ asked him for his name - after Roxas's capture.
I'd imagine that he went so gong ho during their fight that Riku used up too much of the Darkness and was stuck as XH - until AtW made KH blow up, and purified XH from Riku's Body, leaving him with no relations to the Darkness, and with all but no choice but to return to his original appearance.

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
well...in the 358/2 days trailer, there were 2 cutscenes that made me think,, and they both concern riku...

Lets here it....

the first one is the scene where riku is talking to xion in destiny islands. when i finished kh2, i thought that when sora and riku passed through the door to the light,, then that's the only time that riku ever got back to destiny islands(more importantly to the realm of light).

Huh riku went to the realm of light in Kh2 he went to the land of dragons he was carrying the soul eater and warned the emperor about their dragon became a heartless.

but this scene happens between kh1 and kh2. nomura said in an interview that the reason why riku could not go with sora in the ending of kh1, is because he cannot cross the door to darkness.
Well exactly but eventually he passed through one of these doors in castle oblivion.
meaning from that point till the end of kh2, riku cannot go back to worlds that belong to the realm of light.

Wrong he uses a corridor of darkness to travel between worlds.

Well xehanorts form gave him the power that he need to open the dark corridor. It could be the worlds in castle oblivion.

Well it might not be his first.....okay.
what do you think?
:$

kurokitsunefang

um that is interesting. I literlly just re-finished the game and riku says something along the lines of: "It's good to be back" (paraphrase)... but what BM said about Xion mite be true, cuz we kno not of her power besides the keyblade.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
um that is interesting. I literlly just re-finished the game and riku says something along the lines of: "It's good to be back" (paraphrase)... but what BM said about Xion mite be true, cuz we kno not of her power besides the keyblade.

Only, it's kind of not.
Or did you not notice the two monster posts here pointing that out? XD

keybladelegacy

Website

Well Xion can use magic and next we dont know if she is an actual wielder because riku calls her keyblade a fake. Which leads me to believe the memories she got from sora and the memories of the kingdom key somehow gave her the ablity to wield a keyblade made from soras mememories. Which it wouldnt give it the properties of a real keyblade so riku easly pointed it out. But again this is an assumption.

A

Audo

It seems next to no one actually considers the possibility that Riku was wrong eh?

keybladelegacy

Website
It seems next to no one actually considers the possibility that Riku was wrong eh?

Ya there could be a possiblity that riku is wrong but to me he senses or it doesnt have the properties that an actual keyblade should have and calls it a fake. While xion says something about its not. But i doubt she knows.

Do you think that riku is wrong?:x

keybladelegacy

Website

How come?????
As for the XH Heartless tihng, it will probably be explained in Days, just wait and we will find out soon enough.

Well i got to step it up and get my assumption together....And for riku changing back and forth with the xehanort form. I have an idea but .......-_-

Oh, and as SA pointed out, Riku has been able to travel in the Realm of Light ever since CoM.

What about KBL.....D':

Swordplay

Kinda on and off topic at the same time, but do you think that Riku will be the final boss in Days? It seems a logical place to end it but the thing is Roxas looses the fight, so you think they would actually make you loose the final fight? If so, it may be the first in video game history to do it ha

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
No, he only explained why Riku didn't pass through at that specific moment, since Riku had neither the option of going through the door, nor proper control over Corridors of Darkness, it would seem. That, and ya know - circumstances.
Riku did get out of there pre-KH2 though. What pulled Riku out of the Realm of Darkness was DiZ in CoM. Once Riku reached CO, he was free to roam the Realm of Light as he pleased.
Nomura explained a specific moment with highly unlikely circumstances; it's not to be used to explain anything else other than the ending scene of KH1.

I fail to see the logical failure.
Riku being tied to the Darkness = Riku being able to use Corridors of Darkness (hecenforth refered to CoD).
Riku being able to use CoD = Riku being able to bounce around worlds as he wishes, from Twilight Town to the Land of Dragons where Sora later meets him, to the Realm of Darkness itself when Sora meets him during the whole HB fiasco, to TWTNW at the end of the game -
To Destiny Islands, and Beast's Castle during CoM.

There's nothing stopping someone related to the Darkness from being in the Realm of Light. And on the contrary, Riku is not a being of Darkness - hence his inability to pass through the DtD in the first place, thus getting him stuck on the other side of it.
It was his somewhat affinity to it however that later on enabled him to yes travel to Beast's Castle and DI.

It's not after, I'd assume, since that would just about screw up the entire point of Riku's story in KH2.
The reason he even keeps the blindfold on is to hold XH back. Namely - he could.
The reason he didn't want to meet with Sora was because he - as far as we know today - was stuck as Xehanort's Heartless. Thus he also named himself "Ansem" when DiZ asked him for his name - after Roxas's capture.
I'd imagine that he went so gong ho during their fight that Riku used up too much of the Darkness and was stuck as XH - until AtW made KH blow up, and purified XH from Riku's Body, leaving him with no relations to the Darkness, and with all but no choice but to return to his original appearance.

your good SA, lol, you never fail to amaze me with your wide array of knowledge of kh, and never missing a pointXD

keybladelegacy

Website
Kinda on and off topic at the same time, but do you think that Riku will be the final boss in Days? It seems a logical place to end it but the thing is Roxas looses the fight, so you think they would actually make you loose the final fight? If so, it may be the first in video game history to do it ha

Ya im borderlining........

I guess....You could beat riku and then a cutscene of roxas losing.....-_-

Swordplay

I said may be the first to do it. My knowledge of a another game that does this doesn not exist. What other game(s) does this happen?

Swordplay

God im an idiot! (smacks forehead) I love Shadow of the Colossus, one of the greatest games for the PS2. Ive beaten it and your right it does happen in that game, but why that didn come to mind i have no idea.

hammerofdawn13

when riku puts on the blind fold he turns to normal riku and when he takes it off ansems form takes over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back