• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is the ps3 worth it

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TERRAISAWESOME

Hi i really want to buy a bunch of games and there all on ps3.My dads job has 18 ps3s and i cant find any other system.Then again i have enough money to buy one so should i buy it?:confused:

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
=( if FF13 and VS13 remain exclusive to PS3 I'd nab one on the spot. Build wise and "investment" wise, its a much better system, however currently the 360 is where it's at for games and the Wii is where its at for the quirky/nintendo factor.

If you like movies and all that stuff too, I'd say go for it. Starting next year the PS3 is getting so many great games. I'd get DMC for it. =3

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Bleh, I know its 360 as well, but GAF and Capcom have already confirmed that the 360 version controls worse then the PS3 version. The game was built with the Sony controller in mind. If this person is getting a PS3, of course they will get the PS3 version of DMC. <3

why does this have to turn into a console wars thing when I recommended a multiplatform game?

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Bleh, I know its 360 as well, but GAF and Capcom have already confirmed that the 360 version controls worse then the PS3 version. The game was built with the Sony controller in mind. If this person is getting a PS3, of course they will get the PS3 version of DMC. <3

why does this have to turn into a console wars thing when I recommended a multiplatform game?

I wasn't trying to turn it into a console war topic; I was merely stating that it's on the 360 as well as the PS3. Now, TIA, is you like massive multiplayer games, I'd recommend the PS3 for Warhawk and The Orange Box for Team Fortress 2. If not, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune looks really good.

S

Shadow Soldier

I say take a look at the games that are coming out in 2008.

Also, how can DMC4 be built for the PS3 controllers? Both controllers have like the same layout except for the placement of one joystiq...?

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But what about Capcom's Devil May Cry 4? We knew both the PS3 and 360 versions would be on display at this year's Games Convention in Leipzig, and according to GameSpy, there is one somewhat significant difference: the controls. Attendees had a chance to play the section called "Exterminator," where Nero eventually battles Berial, a fiery demon from hell (where else?). As it turns out, it seems the visuals are very close - perhaps with a slight edge going to the 360 version - but the controls simply feel too "directly ported" in that version. Their description is as follows:

"Argue however much you will; after five and a half years of hacking, slashing, and shooting demons, we and millions of gamers are very accustomed to the feel of the PlayStation controller, be it Dual Shock 2 or Sixaxis, for the DMC experience. Our gripe with the Xbox 360 demo is that the controls feel too directly ported over to Microsoft's controller, and it's not a good ergonomic fit."

This is something fans of the series may have anticipated, but it's very possible that Capcom will do some control tweaking in the 360 version before it's released early next year. For now, though, those who are avid followers of the franchise may want to opt for the PS3 version, just because it feels more familiar.

A few weeks after above articles like that appeared on many sites, Capcom confirmed they were not changing the controls on the 360 version. DMC has been a Sony franchise, that's what I meant "built on the dual shock controller". It's just...better.

Terra, an important question - is online gaming big to you? Do you mind paying for online play?

The M.C.

JTTW
i would say its worth it if you like/use blu-ray, and if you are into PS3 type games. i think "if its worth it" depends on how much you like Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, and Heavenly Sword, and how much you like future titles comming to the PS3. such as Final Fantasy's, DMC, Little Big Planet, etc. seeing that you "really want to buy a bunch of games and there all on ps3," i would go for it. i think the only concern would be when you would buy it. like if you want to wait till its cheaper or if theres a new model that might come out eventually or something.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
personally i'm going to say yes, there are alot of good games out already that can keep you busy until the major games start coming out soon

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Capcom: 'ain't no difference' between Devil May Cry 4 versions - Joystiq

Also Monkey. the article itself specifically states that the only problem was that they were simply accustomed to the PS controller, so they weren't used to playing it with the 360 controller yet. God of War is going to be quite weird on the PSP after being accustomed to a PS controller, no? But you'll get over it and you'll get used to it

Like SS pointed out, the layout of the buttons is exactly the same between the two controllers, so the only issue here is that they were just not used to the 360 controller being used for the game at the moment.

------------------

As for the original post. At the moment? Not really. The games that you want aren't out yet, correct? Then don't bother with it until the games you want are out. At the moment, the only PS3 model worth owning costs $500, so you're spending $500 for a console that's going to have the games you want in a year or so, but not at the moment. So, the solution, is to wait until the games you want are out, and by that time the PS3 will be even cheaper and you'll save more money

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
yeas , it worth it , be cuz of HOME

Uhh...which isn't out yet?

I wouldn't exactly call a less-good version of Second Life a reason to own a PS3...Metal Gear Solid, perhaps, would have been a better reason

MAX!

^
but it will release this year 2008 - and DMC & HAZE will release in the first of the year
it's worth , i have it and it's rocks - the updates to the platform make it more cooler
like themes , new media

D

Deleted member 36435

yeas , it worth it , be cuz of HOME

HOME is the Sims (Online) where you pay for things with REAL money.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Onto the topic: I say the PS3 is definitely worth it but not now, for you anyways. I've owned one since the second shipment (gave them time to fix bugs) and I have all I need and I can get more to fill my satisfaction whenever I get the money. The thing with the PS3 is that there is always something to do if you have the money. If you don't well good luck having having. :)

TERRAISAWESOME

But what about Capcom's Devil May Cry 4? We knew both the PS3 and 360 versions would be on display at this year's Games Convention in Leipzig, and according to GameSpy, there is one somewhat significant difference: the controls. Attendees had a chance to play the section called "Exterminator," where Nero eventually battles Berial, a fiery demon from hell (where else?). As it turns out, it seems the visuals are very close - perhaps with a slight edge going to the 360 version - but the controls simply feel too "directly ported" in that version. Their description is as follows:

"Argue however much you will; after five and a half years of hacking, slashing, and shooting demons, we and millions of gamers are very accustomed to the feel of the PlayStation controller, be it Dual Shock 2 or Sixaxis, for the DMC experience. Our gripe with the Xbox 360 demo is that the controls feel too directly ported over to Microsoft's controller, and it's not a good ergonomic fit."

This is something fans of the series may have anticipated, but it's very possible that Capcom will do some control tweaking in the 360 version before it's released early next year. For now, though, those who are avid followers of the franchise may want to opt for the PS3 version, just because it feels more familiar.

A few weeks after above articles like that appeared on many sites, Capcom confirmed they were not changing the controls on the 360 version. DMC has been a Sony franchise, that's what I meant "built on the dual shock controller". It's just...better.

Terra, an important question - is online gaming big to you? Do you mind paying for online play?
No online is not that important to me.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
We know nothing almost nothing about HAZE, Warhawk is legitimately good but he says that he doesn't even care for Online, and Warhawk is a online-only game with no offline features

MAX!

i know just saying that to TERRAISAWESOME
cuz he says : "No online is not that important to me."
and i reply to him with the best online games

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
If online isn't that important to him, why would you tell him to look forward to online-central games?

That's like baking someone a chocolate cake when they're allergic to chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back