• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KH 2.5 HD ReMIX confirmed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I was under the impression that he called them "spin-offs" in interviews because of his translator, not because he was actually calling them that.
No, he used the English word "spinoffs" specifically. However, this should not be confused as him acknowledging that they are of less worth than a "numbered title." It's the first time they're releasing such an installment since 2005. To play to their strengths and take advantage of the hype, Nomura is choosing his words carefully in order to convey just what a big deal III's release is.

He's not contradicting what he said in the past about the importance of the handheld titles (especially BBS and 3D, as those if us who've played them understand exactly what he means), but right now he needs to focus on making III as big a success as it possible can be. It's business.

But then again, the community takes the word "spinoff" far more negatively than Nomura anyways lol

Last edited:

Pestilence

Awards
For whatever it's worth the official Kingdom Hearts website acknowledges KH2 and BBS Final Mixes in the KH timeline so it just adds to the possibility that they have both final mixes coming over in the next collection. Before they were doing these collections western marketing never talked about final mixes and liked to pretend they didn't exist. The original Coded is still not acknoledged so don't hold your breath for iOS port anytime soon :lol.

IdNydVM.png

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Wait, did he really say that? Damn, this is bad. Whatever, I'll keep telling everyone that all the KH games are important and that they need to play them all in order to understand anything.

The only games that I consider worth playing are BBS, KH1, KH2 and maybe DDD. They contain unique characters, worlds and soundtracks. In other words, each of these games are a whole new experience.

I agree that the plot of Chain of Memories is vital to the overarching storyline, but unless you are obsessed with Kingdom Hearts and don't have anything better to play or do with your time, I would advice people to just watch the cutscenes on YouTube. The two DS games reek of filler fluff and you certainly don't have to play either of them, or even watch the endings on YouTube to understand what's going on in the series. Of course, people will now play and watch them through the HD collections as they generate trophies.

Sorarocks93

Awards
The only games that I consider worth playing are BBS, KH1, KH2 and maybe DDD. They contain unique characters, worlds and soundtracks. In other words, each of these games are a whole new experience.

I agree that the plot of Chain of Memories is vital to the overarching storyline, but unless you are obsessed with Kingdom Hearts and don't have anything better to play or do with your time, I would advice people to just watch the cutscenes on YouTube. The two DS games reek of filler fluff and you certainly don't have to play either of them, or even watch the endings on YouTube to understand what's going on in the series. Of course, people will now play and watch them through the HD collections as they generate trophies.

Well, yeah I wouldn't be in this site if I wasn't. I have other favorite franchises too, but KH trumps them all.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'm more of a Final Fantasy fan myself, but I also love Kingdom Hearts of course. But there are plenty of gamers who either aren't as invested in any specific series or prefer another series who only aim to play "the best of the best". I'm sure you can relate to this as well. I know I can. There are plenty of series that I like, such as Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid, but I certainly don't have the time or the passion to play games like Umbrella Chronicles or Portable Ops. There are just too many good games out there, so I cannot prioritise spin-off titles for series that I like but that I'm not obsessed with. And for many others, Kingdom Hearts is such a series and to them, only the four games I mentioned are really of any value to actually play.

Sorarocks93

Awards
I'm more of a Final Fantasy fan myself, but I also love Kingdom Hearts of course. But there are plenty of gamers who either aren't as invested in any specific series or prefer another series who only aim to play "the best of the best". I'm sure you can relate to this as well. I know I can. There are plenty of series that I like, such as Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid, but I certainly don't have the time or the passion to play games like Umbrella Chronicles or Portable Ops. There are just too many good games out there, so I cannot prioritise spin-off titles for series that I like but that I'm not obsessed with. And for many others, Kingdom Hearts is such a series and to them, only the four games I mentioned are really of any value to actually play.

I never played anything else than KH1 and 2 because I just couldn't afford them. However I did watch all the walkthroughs on Youtube. But I do consider them all important. That's why they included them in the Collection.

TheKelsblade

I never played anything else than KH1 and 2 because I just couldn't afford them. However I did watch all the walkthroughs on Youtube. But I do consider them all important. That's why they included them in the Collection.

Ever thought about using an emulator?

Only game you probably couldn't play is DDD, because it's solely for 3DS if I'm not mistaken, and I don't believe there is an emulator for that.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Ever thought about using an emulator?

Only game you probably couldn't play is DDD, because it's solely for 3DS if I'm not mistaken, and I don't believe there is an emulator for that.

I don't have problems downloading music or movies. But it's different for gaming. If I haven't payed for it and it's not mine then I don't want to have it. Same reason I don't like lending games and stuff.

TheKelsblade

I don't have problems downloading music or movies. But it's different for gaming. If I haven't payed for it and it's not mine then I don't want to have it. Same reason I don't like lending games and stuff.

Ah, I see.

Start working some corners then, I'm sure you"ll have your money for the games in no time. Hahaha

Sorarocks93

Awards
Ah, I see.

Start working some corners then, I'm sure you"ll have your money for the games in no time. Hahaha

Well yeah definitely. I even have them now. I can buy games for the console I have. But buying another console (psp,3ds) is different story. That's why I'm excited so much about the ReMIXEs. The same level of excitement as I have for KH3

Last edited:

Sorarocks93

Awards
My advice: buy the consoles used. A good PSP slim goes for about $70 on Amazon.

Yeah well, no point in that now. It's pretty much guaranteed that we'll get a II.5 and BBSFM along with it. I would do that if I was a collector though.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I agree with Sorarocks93 though. You'll save a ton of a lot more money with the ReMIXs; not to mention the extra updates that come along with it. Although, if you're a collector, then I suppose that's what you should do.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
For whatever it's worth the official Kingdom Hearts website acknowledges KH2 and BBS Final Mixes in the KH timeline so it just adds to the possibility that they have both final mixes coming over in the next collection. Before they were doing these collections western marketing never talked about final mixes and liked to pretend they didn't exist. The original Coded is still not acknoledged so don't hold your breath for iOS port anytime soon :lol.

iOS could easily deal with re:coded and 358/2 Days actually, there wouldn't be a point in releasing coded on it.

Well if you are planning on getting the collections anyway, it's not stealing, you're just playing it earlier than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back