• Hello KHInsider Forum Members! Please hide all spoilers and discussion for Final Fantasy VII Remake in a spoiler tag, keep all titles spoiler-free, and do not share any videos/streams/images prior to April 9th 9pm Pacific Time. Anybody who fails to comply will be banned immediately for a week.

Is It Nomura's Fault: The Problem With Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
This still baffles me. Of ALL people Xigbar would see Xion as...where the hell did Ven even come from? Like...of it was Sora or Roxas, understandable, but...he sees XION in Ven? I get that she's comprised of Sora's memories, but...it legit doesn't make ANY sense to me.
At this stage in the game, I'm surprised Luxu saw Ventus in Xion instead of Skuld. Same hair color (mostly) and both have tits. Why make it harder for one's brain?

Cumguardian69

Awards
No, the fault is bureaucracy. Disney kills the plot, Nomura has no idea how to write, scenario team are half invested half not, and SE is gonna SE.

Reminder that BBS was supposed to be a PS2 game.

Reminder that DDD was going to feature Nobodies and Heartless.

Reminder that VersusXIII got mismanaged by Nomura (muh musical) and SE (lmao) and then turned into the mangled mess we call FFXV.

Reminder that KH3 released in its sorry state then an entire year later they rushed out Remind and reused assets from 2(FM) for O&O.

Reminder that over half of KH3 is irrelevant Disney filler.

Sora is simultaneously Keyblade Jesus and a complete idiot.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Because skuld wasn't around back then and is retconned into being relevant
At this stage in the game, I'm surprised Luxu saw Ventus in Xion instead of Skuld. Same hair color (mostly) and both have tits. Why make it harder for one's brain?
If things had been planned out long in advance then Xigbar probably would have seen her as either Skuld or Ava, given who he really is. They are like the same size as well. But like you said they didn't exist back then and BBS was the prequel game they were promoting. Honestly Xigbar had very little interaction with Ventus so for him to have that strong of a connection to see him in Xion is almost misleading into thinking these two have long history.

disney233

Awards
If things had been planned out long in advance then Xigbar probably would have seen her as either Skuld or Ava, given who he really is. They are like the same size as well. But like you said they didn't exist back then and BBS was the prequel game they were promoting. Honestly Xigbar had very little interaction with Ventus so for him to have that strong of a connection to see him in Xion is almost misleading into thinking these two have long history.
I find it hard to believe that ANYTHING like this was planned out long in advanced.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
  • Ninja'd
  • In the Grid
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • Jiminy's Journal
Xion can only appear as a person connected to Sora who resonates strongest with the viewer. Besides the obvious answer that, as you all mentioned, Skuld and Ava weren't created yet, neither these two have anything to do with him.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Xion can only appear as a person connected to Sora who resonates strongest with the viewer. Besides the obvious answer that, as you all mentioned, Skuld and Ava weren't created yet, neither these two have anything to do with him.
Well...Ava and Skuld do know Ventus who is connected to Sora. I mean the game tells us Sora and Terra are somehow connected despite Sora never meeting Terra personally. Because Namine was able to reach Terra and she can only do her memory stuff with people connected to Sora, and this one is a big stretch. So there is a possibility that Ava and Skuld can be traced back to Sora's connections to because they know Ventus. I know what I just typed was incredibly stretching it, I'm just throwing that out there XD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
  • Ninja'd
  • In the Grid
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • Jiminy's Journal
Well...Ava and Skuld do know Ventus who is connected to Sora. I mean the game tells us Sora and Terra are somehow connected despite Sora never meeting Terra personally. Because Namine was able to reach Terra and she can only do her memory stuff with people connected to Sora, and this one is a big stretch. So there is a possibility that Ava and Skuld can be traced back to Sora's connections to because they know Ventus. I know what I just typed was incredibly stretching it, I'm just throwing that out there XD
Namine was able to dig deep and follow the connections to find Terra, but Ava and Skuld are a different story. They would be in memories Ven can't access, and through a heart that's both fractured and dormant, may very well be out of reach. It's not really the same case as Terra, who is actively being remembered.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Namine was able to dig deep and follow the connections to find Terra, but Ava and Skuld are a different story. They would be in memories Ven can't access, and through a heart that's both fractured and dormant, may very well be out of reach. It's not really the same case as Terra, who is actively being remembered.
Agreed. I was just using the Namine/Terra thing as a example, not that this is the same thing. The connections are still there in the heart even if the memories are unchained. So technically Xigbar still could have seen Ava or Skuld, because even if Ven doesn't remember them they are connected by the heart.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
  • Keyblade Master
  • Master Defender
Naminè is powerful. Putting aside the theory of her being Ava, those memories are still within Ventus. She can dig even deeper if she wanted to or was curious enough. I doubt it's out of reach for her. Farther, but it's very much possible. Keep in mind we still don't really know in full detail how she works aside from the simplified "traces links". She even confessed to Roxas that she doesn't know how to use her powers. It's basically trial and error. We didn't know she was capable of contacting Terra and summoning him, but here we are. This is her exploring. And if the plot calls for it, she'll continue figuring out other things with her abilities.

Her and Kairi are the series' best deus ex machina, lol.