• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► iPhone or Droid?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Which do you think is better? Which do you personally use? Which type do you use or have? What has the most capabilities and crashes the least? Which is the simplest to use?

Thanks for answering.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Well my opinion is the only one that matters and I already answered this in MA but whatever

Get the iPhone. I like it better than the Droid. More lightweight, easier to use, in my opinion.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Also, I've heard of ones with built in wifi. Do all of them do this or just some of them?
What about GPS?

EDIT=16 views and only 2 replies........really?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 36435

I'm big on music, and the iPhone is the best media-playing smartphone on the market, so that gets my vote. Everything else is second in importance.
ahahahahahahaha
the best media playing smart phone?
are you joking?

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
I have an iPhone. It has never crashed and is great for music (obviously). It's super simple to use, of course, because that's Apple's style. It has a much smaller screen than most of the other smart phones, which is the only downside I can see in it.

I like Droid's too though. Just never really owned one. I would recommend trying them out if you have friends with Droids and iPhones.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I find it ironic that you responded in this way after the way you bitched about me doing something similar a few weeks ago -_______-

But no, I'm not. The iPhone is widely considered to be the best multimedia smartphone. It's for what it lacks in the actual phone and customization areas that it is often criticized.

D

Deleted member 36435

But no, I'm not. The iPhone is widely considered to be the best multimedia smartphone. It's for what it lacks in the actual phone and customization areas that it is often criticized.
not really, it is limited to itunes and itunes is shit-tier so
also, super low storage space you can't expand
less file types being allowed to play
is an iphone
tiny babby screen
itunes

klode_me

It's really all a matter of personal oppinion and ideal: Iphone, great and ideal user-friendly interface, making alot of great choices for you... in a literal sense, Apple has almost EVERYTHING cut out for you, and they are the only ones able to, since it's Locked and closed software :p
Droid, if you by that are refering to any Android smartphone on the market, is a different cup of tea, it is open source and widely renown for it's customizable user EXPERIENCE, indeed it can be a pain or a huge benefit, widgets, homescreens and ALOT of options and different skins/launchers make this a perfect choice for the freedom rider, indeed you can accomplish most with this one legally, without a huge brands constant concent... Google is way more open-minded than Apple I'd care to claim xD

Cheers
Klode_me

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
A vast majority of people use iTunes and, despite the few qualms they may have with it and Apple in general (me included), consider it to be the best in its department. Super low storage? 32 and 64 gigs is low? Right. The iPhone supports a lot of file types, and importing music into iTunes and having it converted into something compatible with iDevices literally takes seconds. The screen size is a matter of preference, and has no effect on how one enjoys the music on the phone. The iPhone screen is big enough for what it's iPod app does anyways.

Shadow Key

I think it depends on what your personality is. If you love music and a butt load of apps like I do, iPhone. Everything else, Droid.

State

Awards
I had an iPhone myself and was bored and quickly tired of it. Meanwhile, my MOTOROLA CHARM + Android rocks! :cool:

DROID_vs_Apple_Vector_Resource_by_rstovall.jpg

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
not really, it is limited to itunes and itunes is shit-tier so
also, super low storage space you can't expand
less file types being allowed to play
is an iphone
tiny babby screen
itunes
The only legitimate problem with the iPhone is it's lack of flash support.

I think otherwise people are just butthurt. As for a multimedia device it is clearly top tier because it has the best graphics support and resolution (although admittedly Droids are starting to pick up a lot more with both of those areas).

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
This is a minor thing, but not all Android phones are Droids. Droid is a Verizon brand and it's a name that only a few of their Android phones carry.

As for the topic at hand. I personally own a Droid Incredible and I love how I can customize. I do admire the iPhone's iTunes integration, but Google Music is really growing on me and my need for iTune's music is slowly declining. Though, I will say that the iOS App Store is more amazing that the Android Market. However, the Android Market is slowly starting to climb its way to being on par with the App Store.

Flash Support shouldn't be downside to iOS anymore because Adobe's has discontinued its mobile flash platform. Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) will supposedly be (one of) the last newly supported OS. After that Adobe will just give necessary updates to the already supported mobile operating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back