• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Intelligent Design

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxJonxx

Intelligent design is the assertion that "certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

I had to take a class about this subject, and I find this idea wrong, dumb, and retarded. They placed the idea of creationism into a new from, calling it Intelligent design. In the Dover District a cased occurred "
Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District" some bought some children a book called Panda. The book showed the idea of Intelligent Desing, and not Darwins Theory of Evolution. When the case took place the church discriminated on half the town. The so called church sent harrasing letters to non believers. They also wanted the Judge to be killed! This is why I hate religion because they preach one thing but do another.

very differentiable
Awards
It's just a fancy way to disguise creationism coupled with evolution, ignoring cosmology completely. It's just another god of the gaps, it still isn't falsifiable. What school do you go to that you had to learn this?

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
As far as I know, no American public school system has approved this.

A good thing at that, scientifically the whole concept is ludicrous. I was forced to read excerpts from the Bible in English class. Didn't bother me really, but it's the principle really. Next they will be changing up History class.

Can't wait to see what they try to come up with for math.
"Math is blasphemy, God is the answer to all questions."

No, but seriously, Religion and school do not mix, and if their anti-evolution argument is that no one can prove evolution, then they're just hypocrites and no one needs to deal with people like that.

xxJonxx

It is not me bashing it really it's me informing everyone about a topic I learned in College. University of San Francisco and the class name was Science and Society. I just wanted to show how hypocritical religion really is.

very differentiable
Awards
Science and society, i hope that was an example of what is not science, students without substantial schooling in biology could mistake it for true science.

Katsuno_Hitomi

I believe in intelligent design. I also believe that one day, all the discrepancies between religion and science are going to disappear, and we will know what really happened and how it happened. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I believe that God used natural laws, like natural selection, to create the universe. I'm a little fuzzy as to how that applies to humans, but I doubt that not knowing that will affect my eternal salvation.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
I believe in intelligent design. I also believe that one day, all the discrepancies between religion and science are going to disappear, and we will know what really happened and how it happened. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I believe that God used natural laws, like natural selection, to create the universe. I'm a little fuzzy as to how that applies to humans, but I doubt that not knowing that will affect my eternal salvation.

Intelligent Design and evolution are two very different things. Your type of "hands off" creationism is the opposite of God interfering in everything.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
It is not me bashing it really it's me informing everyone about a topic I learned in College. University of San Francisco and the class name was Science and Society. I just wanted to show how hypocritical religion really is.

Well seeing as how there are 1000 threads on evolution and creation and how you worded your OP, it sure seems like bashing to me.

Intelligent design is the assertion that "certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

I had to take a class about this subject, and I find this idea wrong, dumb, and retarded.

Oh, that's not belittling at all.

The so called church sent harrasing letters to non believers. They also wanted the Judge to be killed! This is why I hate religion because they preach one thing but do another.

Oh geeze. It's starting to get annoying seeing everyone getting butt hurt over something that one group does and then saying "THIS IS WHY I HATE RELIGION!"

Why don't you just say, this is why I hate that group, or person that did w/e they did. Don't put the billions of religions that exist into one pot.

How about this? Try saying, this is why I hate people. Because both religious and those who are not do the same thing, just through different avenues.

Last edited:

very differentiable
Awards
What college do you go to, since i thought they settled it in court a long time ago.

xxJonxx

Science and Society- Talks about the different issues between Science. Like Abortion opinions. Also if you believe in Intelligent Design they called it a Science. So please get the facts straight. Religion sees Intelligent Design like a Science.

Awards
Well seeing as how there are 1000 threads on evolution and creation and how you worded your OP, it sure seems like bashing to me.

Oh, that's not belittling at all.

I don't understand Forever Atlas' mindset. He probably is bashing intelligent design, but so what? Why do you expect us to pay any sort of respect to a ridiculous idea?

Oh geeze. It's starting to get annoying seeing everyone getting butt hurt over something that one group does and then saying "THIS IS WHY I HATE RELIGION!"

Why don't you just say, this is why I hate that group, or person that did w/e they did. Don't put the billions of religions that exist into one pot.

This is an immensely popular thing for crybaby theists to say. Never mind the fact that it would be impossible to list every religion in the world and then decide whether or not they meet the criteria to be held at fault.

How about this? Try saying, this is why I hate people. Because both religious and those who are not do the same thing, just through different avenues.

Hypocrisy is something that comes naturally to humans, but there's a difference between a person who claims that it's wrong to do something because a divine entity is whispering into their ear and a person who claims it's wrong to do something because it seems like common fucking sense.

xxJonxx

I know, I hate religion, but I am actually a Christian; however, it does not go well with my major because Religion and Biology always clash. Sorry I offend someone.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I don't understand Forever Atlas' mindset. He probably is bashing intelligent design, but so what? Why do you expect us to pay any sort of respect to a ridiculous idea?

Hmm, forum rules? Common courtesy? (which is immensely lacking esp. on the net)

No crap, not everyone is going to agree on the subject matter. That doesn't mean because you do not agree with it you spit on it.

You speak of hypocrisy in religions etc. however, that particular mindset saying, "why pay any sort of respect to a ridiculous idea?" is hypocritical right there. It's that type of mindset that keeps the conflict going on both sides and then finger pointing continues saying this side does this and that side does that because they are not accepting of the other idea.

This is an immensely popular thing for crybaby theists to say. Never mind the fact that it would be impossible to list every religion in the world and then decide whether or not they meet the criteria to be held at fault.

Then don't make the claim like it's an absolute. It would be nice every now and then for words like "most, some, many, a lot" to be used. :/

Hypocrisy is something that comes naturally to humans, but there's a difference between a person who claims that it's wrong to do something because a divine entity is whispering into their ear and a person who claims it's wrong to do something because it seems like common fucking sense.

Hypocrisy is hypocrisy. There is no difference where it is coming from.

I know, I hate religion, but I am actually a Christian; however, it does not go well with my major because Religion and Biology always clash. Sorry I offend someone.

I'm not offended by it. It just kind of gets old.

Btw: How can you be Christian and not believe in creation and hate religion?

Last edited:
Awards
Hmm, forum rules? Common courtesy? (which is immensely lacking esp. on the net)

No crap, not everyone is going to agree on the subject matter. That doesn't mean because you do not agree with it you spit on it.

This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact. The fact is that assuming that something exists without any sort of evidence whatsoever is foolish, and I'm fucking insulted by the idea that there's even a debate as to whether or not my children should be taught this in schools.

So fuck off. I'm not going to legitimize intelligent design by pretending that it might hold some validity.

You speak of hypocrisy in religions etc. however, that particular mindset saying, "why pay any sort of respect to a ridiculous idea?" is hypocritical right there. It's that type of mindset that keeps the conflict going on both sides and then finger pointing continues saying this side does this and that side does that because they are not accepting of the other idea.

The first part of this quote makes no sense at all, and in the second part you seem to assume that I don't want there to be a conflict between science and religion, which is not the case at all. I want the fight to elevate, because science is winning and the sooner people can unanimously agree that sky fairies ought to be left in the past, the better off we will be.

Then don't make the claim like it's an absolute.

If you're not able to put the word "theistic" before the word "religions" in your own mind when you read these sort of posts, you're too fucking stupid to be in this section. Try Forum Insanity.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE

ID defies facts and masquerades as a legitimate science. I don't see how it deserves respect. It is also degrading to Christianity, being that the religion can coexist with evolution without "alterations".

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact.

Oh really?

The fact is that assuming that something exists without any sort of evidence whatsoever is foolish,

I agree with you.

and I'm fucking insulted by the idea that there's even a debate as to whether or not my children should be taught this in schools.

I'm sure a lot of people who believe in Intelligent Design feel the same way about evolution. But you do not have to worry about that because there is no debate about it. You already know it can not be taught in public schools.

So fuck off. I'm not going to legitimize intelligent design by pretending that it might hold some validity.

Fine with me.

The first part of this quote makes no sense at all, and in the second part you seem to assume that I don't want there to be a conflict between science and religion, which is not the case at all. I want the fight to elevate, because science is winning and the sooner people can unanimously agree that sky fairies ought to be left in the past, the better off we will be.

No, I was directing my attention to the lack of respect shown. You expect others to accept your idea and then disrespect theirs.

If you're not able to put the word "theistic" before the word "religions" in your own mind when you read these sort of posts, you're too fucking stupid to be in this section. Try Forum Insanity.

lol What?

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
I'm sure a lot of people who believe in Intelligent Design feel the same way about evolution. But you do not have to worry about that because there is no debate about it. You already know it can not be taught in public schools.
No, I was directing my attention to the lack of respect shown. You expect others to accept your idea and then disrespect theirs.

The difference is that intelligent design is not based on facts, and evolution is. We can't go with every single viewpoint so we teach what is the most factual.

By not mentioning every other view, you disrespect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back