• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm the only one who finds it funny that we actually have another trio (Sora,, Roxas, Yozora) that are associated with a certain time of day ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
As you know, the name "Sora" translates as "sky", the name "Yozora" as "Night sky", and regarding "Roxas", I heard somewhere that in Spanish there is a name similar to" Roxas",. and translates as" Red sky " (Red sky ,usually always associated with twilight.) Also interesting is the place where the heroes live Sora lives in a place where it is almost always day, sunny and light "Destiny Islands", Roxas lives in a Twilight town, in a world where it is always twilight. And Yozora resides in Quadratrum ,a world where it is mostly night. And it's also related to the nature of the characters. Sora is a completely positive hero who fights for the light, Roxas has been on both sides for his existence. Yes, and his clothes have a black and white motif, even Nomura himself said that it should associate light and darkness. And Roxas itself is quite volatile. Regarding Yozora, there is little that can be said about him at the moment, but he seems to be on the dark side at the moment, or at least, more correctly, someone is manipulating him. Well, by nature, Yozora is more antagonistic and hostile from what we see. Maybe it's just a small thing. But I found it interesting and I hope in the future that it will somehow beat.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I like this idea. I'd actually say Ven too represents a Sky, dawn to be precise. He even comes from a city associated with it Daybreak Town, though the world we meet him in isn't as associated with Dawn. Ven generally is associated with beginnings. Being the youngest union leader and apprentice. Like Roxas he too has a black and white color scheme in his outfits.

I couldn't find anything on Spanish name that's similar to Roxas, which means Red sky. This might be something similar to the Kairi being french for Melody, that was floating around for a bit. Though it's also possible that I just haven't looked into it enough.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Sora debuted in Kingdom Hearts, Roxas debuted in Kingdom Hearts II and Yozora debuted in Kingdom Hearts III.

Nomura-san, you sly fox.

okhi12

Awards
I couldn't find anything on Spanish name that's similar to Roxas, which means Red sky. This might be something similar to the Kairi being french for Melody, that was floating around for a bit. Though it's also possible that I just haven't looked into it enough.
I'm spanish and you're right, there's nothing with the red sky meaning.

regarding "Roxas", I heard somewhere that in Spanish there is a name similar to" Roxas",. and translates as" Red sky " (Red sky ,usually always associated with twilight.)
If you mean a person's name, the most similar in spanish is Roxana (Roxanne in english), which means dawn. Not red sky but close enough.
If you mean a noun, there's not a specific word for red sky in spanish, but 'rojas' is the feminine plural word for red.
Anyway, Roxas is obviously associated with twilight and I'm sure his name is supposed to support that, even if it's not very accurate.

Last edited:
Back