• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I'm beginning to hate my mother

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
My mother keeps staring at me, walking around the house talking to herself, making nasty, wet sounds with her mouth, and then tells people how to live their and what they need to do regardless of whether or not she even knows what's going on. I'm so sick and tired of her. My father tells her constantly to stay out of people's business. It's gotten to a point where I can't be in the same room with her without being asked a hundred questions or told what I'm going to do with my life. Why won't she leave me alone?

Infinity's End

ars gratia artis
Maybe if you did something good with your life, she wouldn't ask you those things

IM KIDDING!!! <3

She sounds like my mom, I avoid her... I tend to say "having a shower" whenever my mom creates conversation

Keitaro Urashima

GET LADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kid life crisis

it happens

if she gets near you, leave the rooom, avoid her at all costs

i dunno if thats good advice, but advice nonetheless

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Well right now my parents are happy with me. . .so I can't really relate. . .but I'll try to. . .

I say that you should probably. . .1.) Avoid her. . .2.) Next time she tells you what you should do with your life, tell her that it's your life and you'll do what you want to in the future. . .

That's my guesses. . .

franklin

tell her you just got married and have a baby on the way and your dropping out of school so she can support you for the rest of your life

OmegaChosen

Calm and Collected Veteran
Awards
have an ipod on at all times, with heavy metal music. Then put a blindfold on and say that you're training your ears so that you can be a great fighter. of course, with the ipod on, that's kind of hard.....

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Or just blast Heavy metal in your room with the door locked and black curtains covering the window(s). . .and then paint your room black and wear all black clothes. . (kidding)

Little_Red

betch.
My mother keeps staring at me, walking around the house talking to herself, making nasty, wet sounds with her mouth, and then tells people how to live their and what they need to do regardless of whether or not she even knows what's going on. I'm so sick and tired of her. My father tells her constantly to stay out of people's business. It's gotten to a point where I can't be in the same room with her without being asked a hundred questions or told what I'm going to do with my life. Why won't she leave me alone?

some parents are just like that, if she starts bothering you just leave the room. and if they follow you into the next room, ask her for some personal space, if she walks in anyways go to the bathroom, she won't follow you there .

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
my parents wouldnt do that...cuz ive done heaps in my life...state champion in athletics...good in skool..music..

Do those activities and youll mum will stop telling you what to do..

Play a sport after skool or an instrument and you willl see less of her

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Grim, be happy that you are atleast that fortunate!

I would have killed to have a mother that cared for me as much.
Do I? No. You are so lucky to just even have parents. Keep that in mind.

My advice isn't run away. TALK to her. That seems to be all she really wants.
If she starts telling you how to run your life, just tell her that you are trying to be your own. That you need to choose your own path, and she can't 'babysit' you all the time. You are becoming an adult, if not already one, and need to start doing things for yourself.

If nothing else, you could turn the tables.. she asks questions about what you are going to do with your future. ASK HER why she wants to know, why it is so important to her. Tell her, that you are just curious about it, as she seems to be putting alot of stress on you. And if she keeps on doing it, just explain to her that you are going through alot of stress and that you need some time to yourself.

~~Azurith
'Azu Fact':
I <3 chinese food..

Devious

TGR, what has your mother been doing lately since this has started happening? Did she get injured? Did she receive or do something to make her feel more superior to others?

If it was a head injury then she most likely has a slight mental disarrangement that might be causing it. If she received something or did something to make her feel more superior to others... She's just egotistical...

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
ab
TGR, what has your mother been doing lately since this has started happening? Did she get injured? Did she receive or do something to make her feel more superior to others?

If it was a head injury then she most likely has a slight mental disarrangement that might be causing it. If she received something or did something to make her feel more superior to others... She's just egotistical...

Now that I think about it, she didn't start doing it till she got a certain job. But even though she no longer has that job, she still does it only just a tad bit less. I had a talk with my mother and she said she'll try to break the habit because not only was she getting on my nerves, she was getting on a lot of other people's nerves as well.

mental_mentos

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't know how old you are or the number of siblings you have though it kind of sounds like you are either an only child or possibly an older sibling. Most likely you are a teenager and for some unknown reason teenagers tend to have many disagreements with their mothers. Remember this is the woman that raised you. So she still remembers how you were when you were younger and she knew EVERYTHING that went on in your life. Now, you probably don't tell her all of the complicated social things and it makes her feel a bit unwanted. Maybe you could share with her, voluntarily, some things going on in your life. Trust me, when it get's time for you to head out to college it may get a little more complicated but hang in there. There is a silver lining out there waiting for you.

Devious

Well that job might be the cause of a smug attitude. Beyond her not having the job is a psychological habit that she has gained. It's probably become a subconscious attitude that she's gained from the possible high-end position she might have had. If you give me details on the job I can try and infer some more.

Mind you, all that I'm saying is from my observations on one's mind. Not scientifically proven but it has happened some point in my life and I like to study people without using any form of Scientific Conclusion. You can choose to believe me or you can choose to doubt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back