• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm a bit disappointed...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Akriloth

I'm not going to bag on KHI. I love the site, between the creative(albeit repetitive) theories, the news updates, and the great staff.

But I do have to say, I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of updates recently. I'm a huge KH fan, and this has become my one and only website for staying up to date with KH news; however, there's not been an update since Feb. 17th. I can understand that no new news may have been released in regards to the KH series, but I can't help but wonder if it's possible for some type of update on the front page on a more frequent basis. Be it KH related, Sony or Nintendo related, or even affiliated website related.

It'd just be nice to see something new on the front page.

_Akriloth_

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Quality over quantity.

There's nothing to update with on the KH games front, so there'll be no updates. Otherwise it'd just be crapping on.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Why bother putting the effort into making a half assed post if there is nothing to talk about? If the fans want information from us, they can wait until we actually get some.

And by "we," I mean the Site Staff, who I doubt are sitting around doing nothing at all. More likely than not, they are already aware of this issue and working on a solution.

Then again, I'm not in contact with any of them so I could be completely wrong.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
bittermeats can only do so much

the site staff used to do more forum related news also

not to mention that "sora will be in brall" article

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Well, there are different things I can think of, that could improve a little on the site.

Things like, contests, "pic/video of the week", community updates, etc.
I see things like that on other fansites, I'm sure we could steal an idea or two. :3

Rix

:)
Awards
I do personally hate it when theres loads of news which isn't interesting.. I think that the site staff should only update the news if theres something more important to write about. Maybe some other things now and then too, but not too often.

I do also agree with Leonard. More contests and stuff would have been great.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Any news is good news, even if it's minuscule at best.

Considering there's been a small drought in news it shouldn't me much of an issue. It happens, but with the possible release of Days this spring there will be new things to come. Honestly, it's all about patience.

Akriloth

I agree with the more contests ideas. What happened to the caption contest being updated on the front page?

As for the pic/sig contest of the week that was mentioned, I know that's given all its glory in the Graphics/Media thread, though simply for the sake of updating, and only while this "drought" is going on, do something like a congratulatory post. Not running the whole contest from the front page per se, but juisst something like:

"Hey, the weekly graphics contest is over, and here's the winner!"

And display the name of the artist and the picture. Just something to get the front page moving again. Possibly come up with some new contests, or shed some front page light on the winners of all contest, if at least on a temporary basis. So does anyone have any ideas for new contests?

Akriloth

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think its time a new, more highly engaged site staff is hired or the old site staff get active again. =]

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
You guys could do something similar to Kotaku, and write KHI original features, like the Editorialists and I had planned way back when....fun little notes, contests, blogs, whatever.

You don't have to take my advice, but that's what Kotaku uses to fill up the gaps between slow news.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
I have to admit that the bouts between updates is long. Of course, nothing can be done about that if there is no news to be told.

But... it's quite possible that people will stop coming to KHI if they never see the main page updated with something.

You want news when there's no news to report?

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
On top of that people join here everyday; a little drought of news doesn't really do much.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
You want news when there's no news to report?

Well, a part of me wants to say yes, because then there'd be news to report, but that defeats the whole purpose of your sentence. And there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

No, but I meant more that the long waits between news things probably does turn off people. If they don't come back often to find news, then they'll forget about the site.

I did, for quite a long time, before I ever signed up at the forum.

And it's not as though there haven't been suggestions about what could be put on the main site, though some of it would seem a bit off topic to what the main site is about.

I suppose this would be called an impassé.

Back