• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ideas for a possible Final Mix (please share your own)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hexxagone

I just want more cutscenes to flesh out the characters and story. Even if its just 15 minutes spread across the whole game.

Graceful Schemer

Spoiler Spoiler Show

2. At least 1 new keyblade,
Spoiler Spoiler Show

3. At least 3 new Links,
Spoiler Spoiler Show

4. New Cutscenes, particularly the one I already typed in the Cutscene Improvement thread.
5. Re-fightable
Spoiler Spoiler Show

CutiePique

Awards
It's late, so I'm not in a position to list out my own final mix additions right now (hopefully I remember to come back later), but I ended up focusing on this and wanted to react to it:
Addendum 2: Situation Commands

Situation spells should only give you the version of the spell that's two levels above the version used to get it.
Blizzard -> Blizzaga
Aerora -> Aeroza

This would also change the number of spell levels, -za would be 4th tier and -ja or -gun would be 5th tier.
Firaga -> Firaja

This would also create a better drawback to using higher level spells, as you're able to use every level of a spell in this game. You're only be able to normally use magic up to tier 3, the higher the spell level the more MP is used. You would have to strategize which spells you put in your quick menu while also thinking about the level of the spells you put in, as it would determine what situation spells you get in combat.
=.=); W-wha? If we're still only able to use normal/-ra/-ga spells outside of situation commands... why exactly would we need to add a whole 'nother level for spells? We're able to "use every level of a spell" in this game as is... as in there are four levels for spells in this game and we can use them. And you already do strategize what to put in your quick menu while thinking about the spell level so as to get the situation spells you want? There's just the added strategy of using up an accessory slot to get a -za situation spell for the magic you're using, regardless of level.

...I am very confuse on what the goal of this change is. Also generally opposed if it means the elemental cufflink accessories lose their abilities, since the Water Cufflink was my bff for the early game and our tea parties together will get very awkward if I don't have a reason to use it on potential, future playthroughs.

LostArtist

Awards
One thing I haven't seen anyone mention. Tweak athletic flow.
Flowmotion, as broken as it was, was one of my favorite things about DDD because of how satisfying it felt just moving around.
Here it feels really off in the timing, especially when you jump after doing a wall bounce.

also I haven't 100% the game, how far does athletic flow get upgraded, does it ever get to the infinite point that kh3d has lol?

edit: nvm. hmm strange the timing feels fine to me now, maybe I'm going insane haha

Last edited:

NewChallenger

I posted these ideas on reddit earlier; however, I have a few revisions:

1. Critical Mode

2. New Game+

3. More Secret Bosses that are relevant to the story (possibly Sephiroth as well).

4. An expanded Twilight town that has its own version of the "Cavern of Remembrance" with the Struggle tournaments acting as the new Olympus Coliseum/Mirage Arena.

5. The ability to disable Attractions, Keyblade Transformations, and Grand Magic

6. Drive Forms, Kh1 & Kh2 Summons, Keyblades and Abilities

7. Once Keyblades such as the Classic Tone and the Ultima Weapon are obtained, they are able to be bought, with munny, through the Moogle Shop. This will be more convenient that having to go through the tediousness of obtaining, like the first time. Now, you will be able to get the Ultima Weapon multiple times for the new playable characters very easily. (This includes New Game+)

Last edited:

SerDuncan

I love all these ideas. So many of these are so awesome and I really, really hope they get added later on.

However, i feel like KH3 is in a really unique position compared to the other 3 Final Mix releases we got, and not just cause times have changed. I feel, and I think that a good amount of the fanbases feels similarly, that KH3 had some really big issues in the story department. Pacing issues, things like that. While Attraction Flow and difficulty are things that could be reasonably expected to be a fixed with a patch, if we look at past KH Final Mixes, we see next to nothing in regards to story fixes or changes.

In KH1, they added only a few cutscenes. One or two of Riku in the darkness, and the cutscenes around Xemnas. Neither of these impacted the overall plot of KH1 at all, and were either a very simple expansion or a setup for a later game. In KH2 Final Mix, added cutscenes were almost purely cosmetic in nature. There was a ton of added development for Axel, after they realized his popularity I assume, and then some awkwardly shoehorned in backstory for "dead" characters from COM. Again, not really things that fixed major issues in the KH2 storyline, simply things that added to the experience, or shed further light on a subject. In total, the KH2 new cutscenes are 26 minutes long. In BBS Final Mix... you have the most interesting example, and one that at first glance might lend hope to a KH3 final mix. But at the end of the day, the new scenes in BBS didn't fix issues in plot complexity, or fill in plot holes. It didn't really give us any connections between characters we really wanted to see. It was a short new section to play as Aqua, and 3 new cutscenes.

That's why I feel that what I REALLY want KH3 to add in a Final Mix just simply isn't feasible based on past experiences. I want them to try and fill in plot holes, add to the story, tone down the complexity, maybe let us play as someone else. And I just don't think we're going to see it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm honestly expecting KINGDOM HEARTS III to get a full year of support via free updates, DLC, and a final re-release as KHIII Final Mix.

Zreig

It's late, so I'm not in a position to list out my own final mix additions right now (hopefully I remember to come back later), but I ended up focusing on this and wanted to react to it:

=.=); W-wha? If we're still only able to use normal/-ra/-ga spells outside of situation commands... why exactly would we need to add a whole 'nother level for spells? We're able to "use every level of a spell" in this game as is... as in there are four levels for spells in this game and we can use them. And you already do strategize what to put in your quick menu while thinking about the spell level so as to get the situation spells you want? There's just the added strategy of using up an accessory slot to get a -za situation spell for the magic you're using, regardless of level.

...I am very confuse on what the goal of this change is. Also generally opposed if it means the elemental cufflink accessories lose their abilities, since the Water Cufflink was my bff for the early game and our tea parties together will get very awkward if I don't have a reason to use it on potential, future playthroughs.

Cufflink abilities would negate the need to use certain levels of spells to get the situation commands you want, it would skip right to max even if you were using level 1 spells, thus making the cufflinks way more useful.

Again, in my version of spell tiers you have base, ra, ga, za, and ja. When getting a situation command, the level of the spell you used to get it will determine the level of the situation command spell, the command itself being 2 levels above the spell used, because of this another level of spells needs to be added for the sake of getting situation commands with ga level spells. You can only use base, ra, and ga normally, za and ja can only be used through situation commands. So overloading your quick menu with max ga level spells will get you the the strongest ja level situation command spells, but you'll also be out of MP really quickly.

WaltK

Awards
Really minor addition I think the game needs: make it so you can’t activate the finishers, grand magic, etc. outside of battle. It’s annoying when I go to a save point or try to open a chest and I accidentally press triangle too early and waste whatever commands I have stacked up.

Awards
What I want was mostly said in this thread.

Expanded Twilight Town, a CoR-like dungeon, more cutscenes to flesh things out, more original worlds, calling other characters with the Gummiphone and having Ienzo being the KH Otacon, etc.

What I'd like to add though....

Playable Castle Oblivion.

Just one more run through the ol' castle before it gets restored to Land of Departure. That's all.

also because the keyhole is supposed to be behind the chair ven's sleeping in

....how do we make square notice this

Last edited:

The Dark Mamba

Awards
- New game +

- Critical mode

- A second playable section in middle with either Riku or Kairi. Have Dark World be explorable for a little bit before
demon tower. For Kairi it could be training or a visit to Twilight Town to see Merlin

- Cavern of remembrance type scenario which leads to boss rematches

- Mysterious Tower playable. The assets are clearly there.

- Expand Twilight Town (possibly in a Kairi mission)

- More Non-Disney keyblades

- A few more links. Jack Skellington is a must and a new character addition like Wall-E or Lightning McQueen

- Additional cutscenes *cough "lingering will vs terranort" cough*

- An actual ending for the Arendelle. A simple "Thanks SDG" would suffice.

All of this stuff shoulda been in the game already but if it can eventually come out as a DLC/Final Mix then "yay". It still makes me anxious to think no update has been announced yet. The game desperately needs it. While a Radiant Garden scenario would of course be amazing too, it seems a little too unrealistic to hope for that.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
* Patching in He’s a Pirate as the battle theme of The Caribbean.
* More Hundred Acre Wood mini-Games with Eeyore, Kanga, and Owl showing up.
* Xemnas getting his zebra outfit for his final fight.
* Darth Vader Secret boss
* Older fan favorite Keyblades like Oblivion, Oathkeeper, Circle of Life
* Extra scenes in Radiant Garden that aren’t absolutely necessary, but to give Dilan and Aeleus a speaking role.
* Battle gates to let you refight world bosses like the Titans
* A tournament mode (sigh, fine, in the Coliseum if you must) where you can fight older bosses like Wargoyle, Behemoth, Groundshaker, etc
* Sephiroth Secret boss
* An actual Secret boss with hints to the future

Awards
Expand the Keyblade Graveyard and extend the Org fights that get interrupted with a cutscene.

Make Scala more explorable.

And one that may not be possible but imma list it anyway: Make Kingdom Hearts a world.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Do you mean like trying to expand on that cutscene of her in the bbsfm secret ending for 0.2 that never went anywhere?

No. I meant an in-story KH3 mission of her going to see Merlin in Twilight Town after whatever training she and Lea did. Or have the training be the mission. Anything would suffice.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure Land of Departure

What I want was mostly said in this thread.

Expanded Twilight Town, a CoR-like dungeon, more cutscenes to flesh things out, more original worlds, calling other characters with the Gummiphone and having Ienzo being the KH Otacon, etc.

What I'd like to add though....

Playable Castle Oblivion.

Just one more run through the ol' castle before it gets restored to Land of Departure. That's all.

also because the keyhole is supposed to be behind the chair ven's sleeping in

....how do we make square notice this

I forgot about this. They could make it a 30 minute world, and have leftover Heartless from the Organization's intervention, or maybe even Nobodies, or both. Then when you reach the Chamber of Waking and unlock it to redo into the LoD, you get back into the LoD's courtyard. I'd go as far as remake the entire BbS LoD in this game.

Johnny

They need to add a Riku mini adventure during the time he "retraces Aqua's footsteps" with Mickey/getting a new keyblade.

And also a Kairi mini adventure during her time training with Axel in the mysterious woods.

So much potential to make the game that much better.

Olympus Coliseum Tournaments, rewards, more keyblades, more abilities, more spells.

The list goes on and on.

Back