• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I Stammer...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masamune

Big Boss
Well i have a little speech problem. I stammer really really badly. And because of that i tend to become the subject of jokes at school. I have tried taking classes but they don't help a bit. I have had this problem throughout my life. Thats why i don't even speak freely to people.

Anybody else have this problem? What are you doing to overcome it?

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
I find it disgusting that you've become the butt of jokes for your stammer. =(

I've heard that being relaxed can help the problem. Perhaps if you try to keep calm, and not worry or think about your problem, then it may help. I'm sorry, but I couldn't say for sure.

But my advice about others making jokes? Ignore them completely. If they're going to be childish and cruel by making jokes about your problem, then they just aren't worth your time at all. Please, don't let them get you down. They aren't worth it.

I hope you're feeling better soon. <3

Shadukai X

Banned
What's stammering? I've never heard of it before, can someone describe it to me?

Keitaro Urashima

GET LADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you mean stuttering right?

i have that problem to, but the people who laugh or joke about it are my friends so eh.

just ignores it is all i can say

The Midnight Channel

My Photoshop Just Died TT_TT
One of my friends has the same problem and she is picked on all the time... She used to just let people say all kinds of nasty things to her... Until she had enough and kicked a guy in the nuts....

Now one made fun of her again.

My recomandation. Kick one of the worst in the nuts. It'll make them all stop.

Masamune

Big Boss
^ dont worry, i am not a fighting type of guy.

I find it disgusting that you've become the butt of jokes for your stammer. =(

I've heard that being relaxed can help the problem. Perhaps if you try to keep calm, and not worry or think about your problem, then it may help. I'm sorry, but I couldn't say for sure.

But my advice about others making jokes? Ignore them completely. If they're going to be childish and cruel by making jokes about your problem, then they just aren't worth your time at all. Please, don't let them get you down. They aren't worth it.

I hope you're feeling better soon. <3

I do really ignore them, but i guess that doesnt make them stop. They crack nasty jokes in class, but instead of punishing them, my **cking teachers giggle. Its really driving me mad.

Keitaro Urashima

GET LADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.........then theres nothing else you can do but punch the fool in the face

thatll teach to mess with ya

its the only way, if even the teacher sides with them

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
r1ku, my friend used to stammer a lot. People would make fun of him for it, but you know eventually people got over it and learned what a funny and fun guy he is to be around. He doesn't talk too much, but he's very popular. Just realize your stammering doesn't make you a bad person =)

Try to relax when you talk, are you sure you're not nervous when you stammer? Remember to relax, and that no matter what happens, you're you and that's the end of it, and no one can change that or hurt you for that. Just be calm and talk freely.

Also, try to think out what you're gonna say before you say it.

Masamune

Big Boss
Well I've been in that school for 3 years and no one has seem to gotten over it. I'But thanx for your advice =) I'll try to stay calm.

.........then theres nothing else you can do but punch the fool in the face

thatll teach to mess with ya

its the only way, if even the teacher sides with them

I would rather avoid fight.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Try and speak slowly and clearly, that helps me- I've gotten into the habit of not opening my mouth wide while I talk, I know this is different but it might help............ :p

Keitaro Urashima

GET LADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what massive attack said was a good idea but what if that doesnt work either?

if they continue to mess with what are you gonna do? stand thier like a wuss and take it? i think not.

Masamune

Big Boss
well i'll try to avoid fighting as much as possible but if they really start saying something bad than they wont live.

Little_Red

betch.
don't let your speech impetiment control your social life. when you talk, just speak slowly. think for a second and put your words together.

and about people making fun of you just just ignore them, if they continue just say this:

"You know what's even funnier!? YOUR FACE!"

other than that, i can't really think of anything

Keitaro Urashima

GET LADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well i'll try to avoid fighting as much as possible but if they really start saying something bad than they wont live.

Now thats what im talking about!

If they continue on, dont just not let them live, make them suffer in hell to!

okay maybe not that...but basically just teach them whose in charge

Masamune

Big Boss
Ohh crap,, i punched someone today at school >.< . they were cracking jokes at me in front of this girl i like :wub: .. so i leapt at them and landed 4 punches straight to the eye...:cursing:

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
You win.
I hear that thinking what you want to say in your head first, over and over, then speak it at the same time as thinking it works. It'll probably take a while to get the rhythm of it in your head though.

There was a pop star guy a while ago in the UK, he had a stutter, but he could sing perferctly. Apparently it's to do with knowing what the words you want to say are and knowing when to say them. I don't know though =\

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Yeah, one of my friends, Ross, he stutters but he has an awesome singing voice. He's also turned into a laidback smartass over the years, and his stutter has seemed to decline...perhaps just relaxing would help? Also, like Ichi Teh Killer said, think about what you want to say in your head...you'll probably get better with time. :D

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
My recomandation. Kick one of the worst in the nuts. It'll make them all stop.

And if THAT doesn't work, smash a nun in the cervix with a hammer! Small-town violence solves EVERYTHING!

No, really? Have a sense of humor about it. I mean, it'd be satisfying to wack them in the face, but in my experience, it's almost just as satisfying to pwn them verbally. I mean, kids that make fun of my back (even though it's not as noticeable as a stutter or anything) end up looking like fools when I give them a look that says, "I don't care; are you really gonna spend your time dwindling on MY faults?"

These kids don't matter. If they really have to point out the fact that you're not immortal to feel good about themselves, are they even worth your time?

Even though violence can be pretty sweet, not every battle is worth it. :/

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
^That would be my second choice, but with a slight change.
You could laugh along like "Yeah, I'm lame." and they'd eventually get bored because they won't get the reaction they want and move on.
I know it's difficult to do that, but there's a good chance they'd get off your case.

People who do things like target someone because of the way they speak have a very low attention span.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back