• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I really want to know why this happened...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LionHeart14

I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section or this isn't a good question or something, but I'm just really ticked off and I want to know why this happened. I just started a thread, which I didn't think was any harm at all. The topic was "what game do you think has the best soundtrack" and literally 10 seconds after I opened it, a mod leaves a response that just says "no" and he closed the thread.
Why? That's all I want to know. I didn't think I broke any rules when I posted that, and if the mod would have told me what I did wrong, then I wouldn't have cared. But he just said "no". Seriously?
I'm honestly not trying to bring attention to myself or anything, I just want to know what I did wrong. I've seen threads like "whats your favorite song?" so how's this any different?

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
Where did you post the thread?
Also, did you search to see if there was an existing thread?

Moderators sometimes get understandably irritated when things like this happen because they happen so often and are easily avoided with a little help on the user's part. Don't take it personally, but try to maintain good conduct on the forums to make everyone's life just a little bit easier

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section or this isn't a good question or something, but I'm just really ticked off and I want to know why this happened. I just started a thread, which I didn't think was any harm at all. The topic was "what game do you think has the best soundtrack" and literally 10 seconds after I opened it, a mod leaves a response that just says "no" and he closed the thread.
Why? That's all I want to know. I didn't think I broke any rules when I posted that, and if the mod would have told me what I did wrong, then I wouldn't have cared. But he just said "no". Seriously?
I'm honestly not trying to bring attention to myself or anything, I just want to know what I did wrong. I've seen threads like "whats your favorite song?" so how's this any different?

You just did and they probably closed it because....

a) there's a thread on it already with a sufficient number of posts

b) Mod has a personal vendetta on the topic

c) they think the thread is retarded

or d

d) The mod dislikes you and the types of thread you post

e) worng section

Now I don't work in that section but I'm thinking it's one of the 4 reasons. I'm thinking A,C,and B

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
i closed and deleted the thread because there's been an influx of stupid "best [whatever]" threads in gvg lately and i moved them all to forum insanity

not to mention there was an identical thread in forum insanity, anyway, so your thread was pretty much useless

also whining about this on the forums was a pretty stupid decision since you probably could have just messaged me or something and we could have resolved the issue there but ok making yourself look silly is fine too i guess

Hokage

Banned
Awards
i closed and deleted the thread because there's been an influx of stupid "best [whatever]" threads in gvg lately and i moved them all to forum insanity

not to mention there was an identical thread in forum insanity, anyway, so your thread was pretty much useless

also whining about this on the forums was a pretty stupid decision since you probably could have just messaged me or something and we could have resolved the issue there but ok making yourself look silly is fine too i guess

silly willy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back