• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

i paint therefore i am

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Wicked Dawn

The majority of these have been done within the last few months. I did some creative jazz in making most of them, so I'll explain at least the basis of the methods I used in an ultimately vain attempt to satisfy that hungry curiousity nagging at the corner of your brain. Theoretically. The files are a little big so you can see the details, if you so wished. Also, I do not own a scanner that functions properly so we, my friends, shall have to go without.

therushcopy-1.jpg

- the Rush. This one was made in the spirit of paranoid schizophrenics. The writing was once coherent, taken from this crazy journel I keep of rantings when I go sleepless and under the influence of stuff, but it was written over so extensively it became delightfully incoherent.

Rain Painting - For my rain paintings I pull out some canvas, spraypaint a base coat (in this case plain krylon black with some white thrown in) and then the real fun begins. When it's raining I take the dried canvas out and spraypaint more layers (in black and white with this one) and let nature do its thing on top. I let it dry overnight and this effect is produced. I thought it pretty spiff when all was said and done.

Cherry Painting - A friend and I produced this out of pure, sweet summertime boredom. To do so we took some canvas, spraypainted a base coat of black and let it dry, then we took some cherries from a cherry tree in my backyard and placed them in an organized fashion on the canvas. We then spraypainted white over the cherries, and then took cellophane wrap and squished all the cherries, tipping the canvas on its side and with gravity's assistance let the juice run down. You can't really see said juice lines that were produced, but they're in existence, I assure you. Afterwards, some red spraypaint and we were finished.

Is there a ghost in my house? - I drew this after consistently listening to the song of the same name by Band of Horses for about two weeks, and after reading House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski.

Marilyn stencil - a piece of poster board on which I drew and then cut out an image of Marilyn Monroe in a tactical fashion with a delightfully sharp exact-o knife, to be used in stenciling with spraypaints.

Marilyn spraypainted - the result of the stencil up thur.

Helios man - some guy I like to draw. That particular style of sun I refer to as helios, and it often appears in my doodles along with the radiohead bear and a triangle-headed fellow. The background is the rush, pictured waaay up above.

...that's enough for now.
Please comment or critique as you see fit.

A Wicked Dawn

I dislike doing this just as much as you like seeing it, but a double post seems the only way to acheive a suitable bump.

Commentation pleaseandthankyou...? I'll take anything. Kind of a whore for comments right now...it's been one of those days.

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
The Marilyn Stencil was very beautiful, along with the rest (of course). You have a really nice, deep, and dark style of painting that I rarely see often today. Keep on painting :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back