• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I noticed something about Destiny Islands...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furry Lukar

Website
lukar82394.deviantart.com
Okay. In Kingdom Hearts, we obviously can only see one island in Destiny Islands, although in one cutscene, Sora is in a house that isn't on that island. In Kingdom Hearts II, when Selphie and Kairi are walking, you can obviously tell that they are on some sort of mainland, while the island from game 1 is in the distance. However, in the ending of KH2, you can still only see the island from KH1. Anyone know why the mainland randomly "disappears?"

And yeah, random topic, I know. It's just that this has been bugging the hell out of me for a few days now, lol.

Last edited:

Muse

you look atrocious
The mainland isn't important. >> Sure, that's where they live and go to school and all that stuff, but the other island is where they play in an unsafe environment with no parental supervision! :D

Lol. The main island didn't disappear, it's just not important.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Destiny Islands is made up of two seprate islands. The one where Sora Lives and the one where they play, it is hinted at that when Sora notices that Riku and Kairi's boats that they used to get to the island where they played when the heartless arrived.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
sunset.png

url

Think about it.

Last edited:

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
Either you can only see the mainland from one side of the island, or it's just not important enough to be seen.

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
The creators of the game obviously weren't considering the placement of the sunset in KH1 when they made that scene for KHII. xD

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Umm... by the way the sun is placed, they were.

If you look closely, the sunset in the first picture is off to the side of the island, which means that, in the second picture, they're not actually facing the main island when watching it.

Which means that they wouldn't be able to see it.

Thus, the end. The place that they were at just couldn't let you see the main land, not that it wasn't still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back