• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I love MoM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NoWay

Awards
Like really

I haven’t played a rhythm game before and I HATED Atlantica and the rhythm mini game in Disney Town. But I love MoM and it feels like a real KH game although its gameplay is so different.
MoM is a love letter for us KH fans and I really appreciate this game because it celebrates the wonderful music

I really appreciate their decision to experiment with the KH sidegames and nowadays I’m more open to different kind of game genres.

I’m really excited about what the next big KH game is going to be like.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Count me among the crowd that loves this game. It's addicting and loads of fun to play. This game has made me appreciate and enjoy KH music themes I normally didn't listen to until this title. This is the first and only game I ever got the Platinum trophy on and have full chained nearly every song on the list. I can't get enough of it. If only we could get some dlc to add the missing songs from the track and field battle KH3 worlds. I can dream.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Melody of Memory is the KH game I always wanted and thought I would never get.
I love KH's music, and I love rhythm games, truly this was a match made in heaven from the start.
Not only did I get the KH rhythm game I wanted, but it was actually really good.
I enjoyed Theatrhythm just fine, and I would've accepted that from MoM, but let's be real, those games leave something to be desired from the actual gameplay.
So when I got into the MoM demo and found it actually had multiple inputs, competent charting, and genuine challenge, I was soaring my dudes.

For once I really hope they're lying to us when they say no DLC, because I NEED MORE

But goddamn do I hate the way the fanbase reacted to this game. Why they gotta be like this

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
it's the most fun non-numbered title. where CoM, BBS, and DDD have always felt distinctly like 'Kingdom Hearts, but less', MoM just feels like a fun game with no real compromises. It's wonderful.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Melody of Memory is the KH game I always wanted and thought I would never get.
I love KH's music, and I love rhythm games, truly this was a match made in heaven from the start.

But goddamn do I hate the way the fanbase reacted to this game. Why they gotta be like this
People were salty about this game when it was first revealed because it used the Kingdom Hearts HD Remix assets which are essentially upscaled PlayStation 2 assets. But looking back at Melody of Memory, I think that was the smartest choice not only from a nostalgia standpoint but from a functional standpoint, too. It's arguably going to be one of the timeless non-numbered games.

Katsagu

Awards
I keep coming back to the game to try and finish my goal of "All excellent" every song on Proud, I'm closer to the end than from the beginning right now!!

I'm still holding onto hope that they'll change their stance on DLC for the game, but I'm not even sure if the game sold well enough for them to think about it. The KH3 segment remains my biggest gripe with the game.

NoWay

Awards
I keep coming back to the game to try and finish my goal of "All excellent" every song on Proud, I'm closer to the end than from the beginning right now!!

I'm still holding onto hope that they'll change their stance on DLC for the game, but I'm not even sure if the game sold well enough for them to think about it. The KH3 segment remains my biggest gripe with the game.
That would be my next question. Do we know any number of sold units?

Katsagu

Awards
That would be my next question. Do we know any number of sold units?
I don't know anything about that, not even sure if it was shared.

Only think I remember is not even seeing it in any of the 30 spots after release day on the Switch e-shop rankings here in Portugal...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I agree! It’s super fun, and filled with a certain level of joy I hadn’t expected from the same. Grinding out the Proud songs for the trophies can be painful but the songs are short and sweet (outside of a few exceptions).

In regards to sales numbers, SE has not revealed them. I doubt they hit any big numbers but I also imagine they expected that. April 1st would be the earliest time to expect any news of sales numbers as that is the start of the new FY year, but I wouldn’t expect any real detailed news until May/June when they do their big FY report.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I bought the game earlier this week because Amazon's having a B2G1 sale. It was like if it was only $30 instead of $50, and to me that's great for a PS4 game only a few months old. I've been playing the game nonstop the past 24 hrs. It is so addictive. I've been trying to get all the blue stars for each world to be "Completed" before moving on. I just finished the Days stuff and I'm about to go on into KH2's worlds now. It's a shame they didn't include KH2 Atlantica for "Isn't It Lovely?" I have SDG at around lvl. 60 already and RAX at lvl. 20. <3

I love the Museum part of the game to see all the official artwork over the years in one place, and how they have clip shows for the theme songs and character themes. I'm sure I'll be glued to this thing for the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Vulpes XIII

Awards
The game is awesome so much fun to play, it’s nice to play a Kingdom Hearts game that you can just play for a few minutes and turn it off whenever instead of planning to play the game for a little bit and then end up being on for much longer than you anticipated because of a lot of cutscenes and then having to try find a save point.

I’m not a fan of rhythm games as I’m not good at them and I don’t bother playing them, however the moment this game was announced I couldn’t wait for it to come out, considering it’s a game celebrating KH amazing musical soundtrack I just had to get it. Also the online mode was surprisingly addicting didn’t actually expect it to be that fun.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Random thought, but does anyone think—far away down the road—they may release a sequel to MoM after several more KH games have been made?

Actually, I still believe a 3.5 ReMIX for PS5 will happen that includes KH3 + Re-Mind. I imagine they would include MoM, too—perhaps they might have a few new track additions if that really happens? I’m really thinking of Simple & Clean’s opening version, Sanctuary’s closing version, Face My Fears, the orchestra versions of all the theme songs. Those are the things I most wish were available. Then there are other things that would be great like March Caprice, Fantasia alla marcia, the Symphony of Sorcery music, 100 Acre Wood, the KH3 world’s battle themes. I mean, I wouldn’t expect to get everything they *could* do, but there’s a lot of content they could add on as a bonus for a re-release if they wanted to. One can hope anyway.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Random thought, but does anyone think—far away down the road—they may release a sequel to MoM after several more KH games have been made?

Actually, I still believe a 3.5 ReMIX for PS5 will happen that includes KH3 + Re-Mind. I imagine they would include MoM, too—perhaps they might have a few new track additions if that really happens? I’m really thinking of Simple & Clean’s opening version, Sanctuary’s closing version, Face My Fears, the orchestra versions of all the theme songs. Those are the things I most wish were available. Then there are other things that would be great like March Caprice, Fantasia alla marcia, the Symphony of Sorcery music, 100 Acre Wood, the KH3 world’s battle themes. I mean, I wouldn’t expect to get everything they *could* do, but there’s a lot of content they could add on as a bonus for a re-release if they wanted to. One can hope anyway.
Maybe at the end of phase 2 they'll make a MoM 2. I would certainly advocate for a Melody of Memory 2 at some point in the KH future. It could fix a few of the issues the current MoM has. I love Melody of Memory, but there were some things that could have been improved upon. This is certainly a game style I hope returns.

If they do that 3.5 idea with new tracks for MoM, that would mean I would have to buy a PS5, and reset all my high scores from the PS4 version lol. All my hard work. Unless you can transfer PS4 data into a PS5 game. I don't know, I haven't looked into a PS5 yet.

v4vendetta

Awards
I haven’t played a rhythm game before and I HATED Atlantica and the rhythm mini game in Disney Town. But I love MoM and it feels like a real KH game although its gameplay is so different.
MoM is a love letter for us KH fans and I really appreciate this game because it celebrates the wonderful music

I really appreciate their decision to experiment with the KH sidegames and nowadays I’m more open to different kind of game genres.

I’m really excited about what the next big KH game is going to be like.

I really needed to see this thread! I put it on my Birthday list since April is rapidly approaching, but doubted myself after hearing all the negative takes from other KH fans.
I love rhythm games and find them super addictive (I play deemo religiously and loved guitar hero as a child).
I'll keep it on the list and give it a try!

Back