• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I hope we get to see Sora and Elsa sing Let It Go together

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridgeman

Well they could easily make Sora a bit older in KH3. Besides, age doesn't matter in Disney romance

Bridgeman

Five years is nothing. Besides, there's some wiggle room here and there, we don't know how much time has passed exactly, only roughly. They could make him 17 or 18.

disney233

Awards
Honestly there should be some SOME musical styling or some kind of singing in KH3. After all it is half Disney. And what I wouldn't GIVE for Hail to Mr. Oogie or the Oogie Boogie song to be in Halloween Town for KH3.

Precursor Mar

Cuz she's single, and there's no way her ice magic could hurt Sora. He could like contain her powers or keep her from hurting others unwillingly.

Five years is nothing. Besides, there's some wiggle room here and there, we don't know how much time has passed exactly, only roughly. They could make him 17 or 18.

tumblr_inline_n4s06vQv8N1r0435e.jpg

STAHP!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Just...just no singing. No singing ever.
And...isn't Let it Go about Elsa isolating herself from everyone? I don't think Sora'd be comfortable singing along about that.

Bridgeman, wouldn't Lea be a better love interest for Elsa? Fire an' ice and all that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Or we can just not give Elsa a love interest at all. That always works.

KH1 Sora - 14
A few months pass in KH1
28 days in Castle Oblivion
One year passes after CoM/Days
KH2 Sora - 15 and some months
A few months pass in KH2
KH3D is like a few weeks after KH2

Sora is at best 16 give or take a few months.

DoctahFaz

Awards
All kidding aside: I definitely hope they don't downgrade the Frozen world (if there is one) to simply a musical one like Atlantica was in KH2. That would be a severe under-utilization of the world's gameplay and narrative potential.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
All kidding aside: I definitely hope they don't downgrade the Frozen world (if there is one) to simply a musical one like Atlantica was in KH2. That would be a severe under-utilization of the world's gameplay and narrative potential.

Trust Osaka. They know what they are doing. Considering Nomura's comments about the team getting excited about working on worlds, they probably have grand plans for any potential Frozen world.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The one thing I do not trust them with is flinching enemies and hitstun... BBS and DDD are awful when fighting human enemies that don't flinch or even budge when you hit them.

Doesn't that also add somewhat of a difficulty to the otherwise rather easy games? If enemies can be constantly stunned or flinch it becomes a walk in the park to defeat them because you can loop them.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Trust Osaka. They know what they are doing. Considering Nomura's comments about the team getting excited about working on worlds, they probably have grand plans for any potential Frozen world.

Osaka has proven themselves to be fantastic, and given what we've seen of that shot of Sora seeing Rapunzel's Tower for the first time, which perfectly mimics Flynn's shot of seeing it for the first time, they know exactly what they're doing and are doing it DAMN well. I couldn't believe how much like the film the world looks. If they haven't even started on the shaders/details yet, then the Tangled world is going to look like we're playing the film by the end.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
The one thing I do not trust them with is flinching enemies and hitstun... BBS and DDD are awful when fighting human enemies that don't flinch or even budge when you hit them.

Doesn't that also add somewhat of a difficulty to the otherwise rather easy games? If enemies can be constantly stunned or flinch it becomes a walk in the park to defeat them because you can loop them.

I know this is little off-topic but I really wanna tackle this issue.
The flinching and hitstun of enemies that can be best seen in KH1 and KHII formed this some sort "flow" of battle which was really great, and I think Launchpad has talked about this numerous times. The hits also feels really good and you have a sense of power when your smaking your foes with the Keyblade. But it also adds problems, since some enemies and even some bosses could be stunned for a long periods of time, and thus making the battle easy as heck and simple button smashing. Some bosses balance this really well, in KH1 Xemans, possessed Riku and Sephirtoh, and from KHII Lingering Will and Roxas, and the AS fights, pop right into my head. In BBS and DDD it sometimes feels that the enemies just suck up your hits.

So how this could be resolved? I think hints can be found when you look the series. What the bosses that I mentioned had were a few things: They dodged your attacks, were fast, and sometimes blocked. They could be stunned, but Possessed Riku with his blocks and dodges made it hard for the player to get to him. Same thing with Roxas in KHII. He moves fast and dodges your attacks, so you must time your actions correctly to get to him.
If we combine these elements with BBS and DDD`s more randomized attack pattern, and the overall upgrade of KHIII`s enemy AI, then I think we are on the right track. In away I think Young Xehnaort in DDD represent some sort of prototype of these bosses. He is fast, he blocks, his attacks are hard to read. So you have to block, dodge etc.. and when you get to him, you lock him in a combo. All thou I think the hitstun needs to be a little bit better, Team Osaka is going into the right direction.

Whew.. ah sorry again about the off-topic..

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Enemies not flinching makes the game more difficult, yes, artificially. It doesn't inspire me to play better, it inspires me to never use my Keyblade and just stand back spamming commands..

EDIT: The post above me knows what I'm goin' on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back