• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I can't help but question myself

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Last year my parents got divorced, one of my best friends moved away, a cat I had for over a decade died, my girlfriend and I broke up after having a relationship that lasted over a year, and then I've been significantly falling back in all my school work. And then right now I'm worrying about where my mom is going to move because she has to be out of the house in the beginning of March. There's really nothing she can do because she's not able to get a job because of her mental issues, and SSI keeps rejecting her.

So, yeah, my life has been less than satisfactory for a while now. I've been getting depressed a lot, and sometimes just don't want to do anything.

My views on what I want to do in the future have been changing from knowing exactly what I want to do, to being unsure, and I'm starting to not even care that much. I just can't help believe that I'm going to fail even if I try to do something.

I've started to feel less attached to anyone, and have avoided some of my friends completely. I don't feel welcome anywhere I go, not home, not my mom's, not school nowhere. The only place I don't feel unwelcome is when I'm doing something with the church, but it's still strange there because the Youth Group is all but dead, and the pastor, who I was closed to, recently retired and moved away.

I guess I'm probably just complaining, but still. I just feel like some kind of void, and feel nostalgic for when I was in Middle School, 7th Grade, for some reason, to be specific.

There we go, story of my life.
Any advice?

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
It is sad to hear all that because I havnt really experienced anything like that before.

But, If I were to give advice, I would say that you need to find more outlets to focus on. It seems like everything you ends up getting worse but that cant continue forever. Just keep trying new things, like sports, music or even martial arts clubs. I joined a martials arts tricking club recently and I was suprised to see how everyone was so close. I have already made a few friends that I wouldnt have met any other way and it really gave me a new thing to spend my time on, something that will pay off in the end and is fun all along the way.

To be honest, this is what I would think to be a common crisis in some teenager's lives. They wonder if they should try anymore or if it would be alright if they just faded into the background of their own lives. I know many teenagers who gave up and who are just doing things to get by, rather than to advance. I wouldnt recommend it.
Just try to get better, study a little harder, put yourself out there more. No matter where you end up in life, you are never going to look back on this time and think "man, I wish I tried a little less." That is because you have nothing to lose here. There is no real downside to trying.
Give it everything and then you can really be proud of anything you achieve.
I hope everything works out.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
Ive experienced alot of what your going threw.... and the only thing i can say is look at the positives in life, your friends, achivements anything to help you move on. As for your mom that i dont not know what i can say to make anyhing better. If you focus on the negatives, you will be consumed by the darkness (lol just kidding but seriously) Bad things happen to most people in life but just remember this expression.. Its helped me get threw alot, "What dosnt kill you only makes you stronger"

I Love And Miss You Mom, Where Ever You Are Watching Over Me, Andrew, And Jakki....

SIDE NOTE!!! F**K YOU !!!! T-T WHY WHY DID I HAVE TO LOSE THE GAME!!!! T_T

SIDE SIDE NOTE!!! TIME TO CALL MY FRIENDS OR TEXT THEM THAT THEY HAVE LOST THE GAME XD

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
I have been in this exact same situation for the most part and I made a pretty big amount of mistakes because I became down due to the situation. The best advice I can tell you is to keep your head held high and make peace with your family and yourself before you are completely torn apart by this situation.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I know that it may be tough, and your life is down the drain, but you can't just let life get to you. Stay strong, try and find something to fill that "Void" that you think that your life may be. Trust me. No matter what, you can't just give up on life and wait to die. Even if you feel don't feel welcomed no matter where you go, you just can't give up, you can't give in, and you can't give out. I hope that i helped, good luck. Remember what i said. If you need a friend, i can be a friend. Okay, bye. Again, i hope that i helped you.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
While I haven't had those things happen to me in such a short span of time, they have all happened to me at one point or another. The thing I relate most to you about is your best friend moving. I grew up moving around the world with my dad in the Air Force, I was quite adept to saying goodbye to good friends and then making new ones elsewhere.

But when my parents divorced and I moved to a place that was permanent, I made an amazing best friend that I'll never forget, and I still ache for his presence still today after him having moved some 5 years ago.

When that happened I shut myself in, I didn't dare make anymore friends, because the pain was too much if, in the off chance, they left me for good. I deplore you not to let this happen, where before I could make friends easily, I now am actually horrendous at it now, I'm uncomfortable making friends, and I'm sure the people that have tried to befriend me could feel that unease, and I never really could feel real affectionate towards a friend as I could before.

Seeing as I still struggle with this today, I'm not really one to offer advice on the matter. But maybe, you can tell how serious I am, and maybe you can find a way to prevent how lonely it will be when you realize that you don't really have any friends, no one to confide your troubles in. Truly, truly try not to shut, at least your friends out, because, I'm assuming you're actually 15, trust me, you're going to need friends through the rest of highschool, and perhaps you'll part when college comes, but at least you'll be alright with connecting to other people. Like I said, feeble advice really, but trust me, it sucks not having friends.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
It is sad to hear all that because I havnt really experienced anything like that before.

But, If I were to give advice, I would say that you need to find more outlets to focus on. It seems like everything you ends up getting worse but that cant continue forever. Just keep trying new things, like sports, music or even martial arts clubs. I joined a martials arts tricking club recently and I was suprised to see how everyone was so close. I have already made a few friends that I wouldnt have met any other way and it really gave me a new thing to spend my time on, something that will pay off in the end and is fun all along the way.

To be honest, this is what I would think to be a common crisis in some teenager's lives. They wonder if they should try anymore or if it would be alright if they just faded into the background of their own lives. I know many teenagers who gave up and who are just doing things to get by, rather than to advance. I wouldnt recommend it.
Just try to get better, study a little harder, put yourself out there more. No matter where you end up in life, you are never going to look back on this time and think "man, I wish I tried a little less." That is because you have nothing to lose here. There is no real downside to trying.
Give it everything and then you can really be proud of anything you achieve.
I hope everything works out.

I've always been a computer type nerd. And physical activities have never really appealed to me, although I used to play baseball in middle school, which I was good at, but never actually enjoyed [I really just did it because my dad wanted me to].

Up until recently, my fascination with computers has dropped. I always wanted to work with something with computers, like programming or web design. I have had a growing liking to ministry, and would like to maybe look into that, but I'm scared of what my family would think because the only people in my family who go to church are me and my sister.

Ive experienced alot of what your going threw.... and the only thing i can say is look at the positives in life, your friends, achivements anything to help you move on. As for your mom that i dont not know what i can say to make anyhing better. If you focus on the negatives, you will be consumed by the darkness (lol just kidding but seriously) Bad things happen to most people in life but just remember this expression.. Its helped me get threw alot, "What dosnt kill you only makes you stronger"

I Love And Miss You Mom, Where Ever You Are Watching Over Me, Andrew, And Jakki....

I've been trying to pull through things, but every time things are about to get better, something else happened. First my parents divorced, and then just weeks later my cat died, and then came the breakup. Just it all happening all so close together is whats been getting at me, and I feel horrible.

SIDE NOTE!!! F**K YOU !!!! T-T WHY WHY DID I HAVE TO LOSE THE GAME!!!! T_T

SIDE SIDE NOTE!!! TIME TO CALL MY FRIENDS OR TEXT THEM THAT THEY HAVE LOST THE GAME XD

I lolled.
Literally. I Laughed Out loud.

While I haven't had those things happen to me in such a short span of time, they have all happened to me at one point or another. The thing I relate most to you about is your best friend moving. I grew up moving around the world with my dad in the Air Force, I was quite adept to saying goodbye to good friends and then making new ones elsewhere.

But when my parents divorced and I moved to a place that was permanent, I made an amazing best friend that I'll never forget, and I still ache for his presence still today after him having moved some 5 years ago.

When that happened I shut myself in, I didn't dare make anymore friends, because the pain was too much if, in the off chance, they left me for good. I deplore you not to let this happen, where before I could make friends easily, I now am actually horrendous at it now, I'm uncomfortable making friends, and I'm sure the people that have tried to befriend me could feel that unease, and I never really could feel real affectionate towards a friend as I could before.

Seeing as I still struggle with this today, I'm not really one to offer advice on the matter. But maybe, you can tell how serious I am, and maybe you can find a way to prevent how lonely it will be when you realize that you don't really have any friends, no one to confide your troubles in. Truly, truly try not to shut, at least your friends out, because, I'm assuming you're actually 15, trust me, you're going to need friends through the rest of highschool, and perhaps you'll part when college comes, but at least you'll be alright with connecting to other people. Like I said, feeble advice really, but trust me, it sucks not having friends.

I still have contact with most of my friends. Some I even had since elementary school.
It was one of my closest friends who had moved. I had only known him for about 3 years, but our friendship was more "brotherly" than my other friendships.
Most of my friends are really more just acquaintances.
And I'm only able to see my friends at school and on weekends because of my living arrangements I have now. It's really hard for me to become close to them, and those whom I'm already been close to are actually falling further away from me.

Also, just because I mentioned my living arrangements, I thought of something else I might mention. During the weekdays I live away quite a distance away from everyone I know, and because of that, during the week I have nothing to do except like use the computer or play games. There's nothing near enough that doesn't cost so much money that I can do, and I know no one around. My dad wants me to transfer schools, but I don't want to for 2 reasons. 1) I suck at making friends. 2) The schools grad requirements are different, and has a different amount of classes a semester, and after doing the math, I'd have to go an extra year to graduate.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I havent been in the same exact position as you but its close and I have felt like that. I came to this school a week after the school year started and people were friendly at first but I didnt really know how to take that it in at first so it looked like I brushed them to the side and now its the middle of the year and I havent really became good friends with people that I want to be with, im cool with a good amount of people but their mostly seniors, sophomores, and freshmen, so my senior year I might graduate without having real friends by my side. Im not sure how to explain it without sounding dumb but it makes me think the way you do like I have a void and im not welcome really anywhere and I get that nostalgia feeling too. I think about my problem a lot but I dont know how to deal with it. You on the other hand should go to Church more, try to find new hobbies to forget your gf and your cat, call your friends, and try helping your mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back