• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I can’t be the only one who’s sick of waiting for the next game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

j_kazmi

With every new game nomura answers 2-4 long running question but also creates 10 more unanswered ones.

I can’t be the only one who’s done with waiting for the next game hoping to get answers to questions A B C D E and F, then only getting answers to A B and C, the rest being unanswered whilst Nomura’s also giving us more questions.

I was hoping that KH3 would rap up the saga with no or very few unanswered question but from the very beginning the game teased the next saga. I don’t mind that they didn’t answer all the kHUX questions but why tease the hell out of it the entire game.

I wouldn’t mind them teasing the next story or game if the games in the series came out in a regular basis but when a new KH game comes out every 2-3 years(some times even more) it starts to get a bit ridiculous. How long are they going to drag these stories out?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

If they keep doing this in the long run I might stop being a KH fan because there has got to be an end point right. I loved KH3 and will still play next few KH games but if they keep stretching out the story and leaving intentional plot holes in the story with no end in sight, I might end up leaving.

Last edited:

SerDuncan

Yeah, this is definitely having that whole "just let it end!" feeling for me. I feel like... every good show or game series has to end at some point. Or it just becomes a waste of time. One of the reasons Avatar the Last Airbender and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood are so good is that they take the time to end their stories. They have the character's arcs end, they tie up as many loose ends as possible, and that's it! If you look at Avatar, there's only really one unsolved mystery at the end, and it's hardly related to the main story. In FMA:Brotherhood, there's hardly anything left at all. There are even video game series that do this well too, a good example being Professor Layton. At the end of each trilogy, the questions asked in each game get answered before moving on to a new mystery. Of course, with Kingdom Hearts, it's a little more complicated.

That said, other popular franchises have shown it's possible to tie up a character's arc, or mysteries within a series, and then start a whole new storyline. It might not be the best example, but Ace Attorney did a great job in the first three games in ending the Kurain plotline, bringing Phoenix's story full circle, and ending the series on a high note. In the next trilogy, we have Phoenix an entirely different problem, something unique from his previous experiences. It works well because they aren't retreading new ground, and they aren't simply erasing character growth that happened up until that point. (well, except with one character....)

For Kingdom Hearts though, we'll never have that wrap up game. This game was supposed to be a conclusion to the Dark Seeker saga... but we hardly get anything answered or wrapped up. If anything, we have more questions now than we did four games ago, and almost none of them have been solved. And yet, Nomura is looking ahead to future games and future storylines. He is doing amazing world and fun characters he created a disservice by leaving them behind so he can deal with tastier fruit. It's clear he got bored with what he made before, and it shows. So yeah, I agree with you. Whatever the next game is, it better be a better wrap up than this one, because if it isn't? I might just stop caring. (not that Squeenix really cares about one person, but it's the thought that counts)

j_kazmi

Yeah, this is definitely having that whole "just let it end!" feeling for me. I feel like... every good show or game series has to end at some point. Or it just becomes a waste of time. One of the reasons Avatar the Last Airbender and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood are so good is that they take the time to end their stories. They have the character's arcs end, they tie up as many loose ends as possible, and that's it! If you look at Avatar, there's only really one unsolved mystery at the end, and it's hardly related to the main story. In FMA:Brotherhood, there's hardly anything left at all. There are even video game series that do this well too, a good example being Professor Layton. At the end of each trilogy, the questions asked in each game get answered before moving on to a new mystery. Of course, with Kingdom Hearts, it's a little more complicated.

That said, other popular franchises have shown it's possible to tie up a character's arc, or mysteries within a series, and then start a whole new storyline. It might not be the best example, but Ace Attorney did a great job in the first three games in ending the Kurain plotline, bringing Phoenix's story full circle, and ending the series on a high note. In the next trilogy, we have Phoenix an entirely different problem, something unique from his previous experiences. It works well because they aren't retreading new ground, and they aren't simply erasing character growth that happened up until that point. (well, except with one character....)

For Kingdom Hearts though, we'll never have that wrap up game. This game was supposed to be a conclusion to the Dark Seeker saga... but we hardly get anything answered or wrapped up. If anything, we have more questions now than we did four games ago, and almost none of them have been solved. And yet, Nomura is looking ahead to future games and future storylines. He is doing amazing world and fun characters he created a disservice by leaving them behind so he can deal with tastier fruit. It's clear he got bored with what he made before, and it shows. So yeah, I agree with you. Whatever the next game is, it better be a better wrap up than this one, because if it isn't? I might just stop caring. (not that Squeenix really cares about one person, but it's the thought that counts)

Yeah I get the feeling Nomura will never properly wrap up any major story in the game and if he does it will be half assed.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

jahob000

I'm done waiting...KH3 was the last one I was waiting for. I never wanted another saga or for anything to go beyond 3. I knew nothing would get wrapped up properly because they were going to use KH3 as a setup for whatever's coming next. At this point, anyone who's waiting for the next game is either a die hard fan or someone that just has issues with letting go of things and wants it to continue for all of time. I'm not trying to insult anyone by saying that either. When I heard KHUX was cannon, that was kind of it for me. At that point it was like a fanfiction. Then small pieces of that fanfiction made it into KH3. It's like if Harry Potter accepted someone's fanfiction and put it into their story.

Am I sick of waiting? Yes. Will I be waiting anymore? No.

j_kazmi

I'm done waiting...KH3 was the last one I was waiting for. I never wanted another saga or for anything to go beyond 3. I knew nothing would get wrapped up properly because they were going to use KH3 as a setup for whatever's coming next. At this point, anyone who's waiting for the next game is either a die hard fan or someone that just has issues with letting go of things and wants it to continue for all of time. I'm not trying to insult anyone by saying that either. When I heard KHUX was cannon, that was kind of it for me. At that point it was like a fanfiction. Then small pieces of that fanfiction made it into KH3. It's like if Harry Potter accepted someone's fanfiction and put it into their story.

Am I sick of waiting? Yes. Will I be waiting anymore? No.

Honestly I would be right there with you and be ready to leave.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

mrnst7

Im my personal opinion, I believe that the main reason the story gets so convoluted is because they try to keep the story as a kids game and do not allow any characters to perish or be removed from the story.

I understand their reasoning behind Disney being for kids, but they also admitted to the fact that 90% of the people playing are followers of the series which essentially makes them very much of age. I'm not saying the game needs a mature rating but why not up the ante a little bit and remove characters that are 1000 years old or have died 14 times.

They actually stated in kingdom hearts 3 that a character can die if both his body and heart are destroyed at the same time so that's a start. I just strongly believe if we constantly had around 20 main characters instead of 200 characters with confusing names that continuously change names, supportive sides, and bodies, we would have a much more entertaining plot.

I really liked the way they set up the black box going forward, but also strongly am against the scenery taking place in the present. But also, what was up with all the members of organization 13 acting like they were good and never wanting to even be in it at the end??? Only Vanitas was like btw, I am actually darkness , and everyone freaked out like it was not possible he still enjoyed being on the side he chose.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I mean so, from a business stand point if they just tell you everything there is less chance you will come back lol, you seem to be a rare case where its having the opposite effect on you.

Or rather, maybe you are getting sick of the story? I agree things need an end in sight when they are story driven, I guess this series has the issue of having the charm of being a Disney Japanese RPG that I doubt anything else will replicate anytime soon so people want more. I almost sometimes think the series would be better with smaller, more contained stories each game or two so that it doesn't feel as forced to make it go on for a long time. But even that way, I am sure there would be unanswered question between games.

I guess my answer is, at least at this time, honestly no. I actually think waiting a few years is better. If they kept forcing out a game every year the story would get as bloated as it did this saga. Even though it was nice at the time, when we literally got every game from Days to Dream Drop in the course of like 4 to 5 years, it added a lot to all the issues KH3 couldn't tackle. Plus, waiting a few years, at least to me, makes it better in the end so I can be hyped again when I finally play a new game.

j_kazmi

I mean so, from a business stand point if they just tell you everything there is less chance you will come back lol, you seem to be a rare case where its having the opposite effect on you.

Or rather, maybe you are getting sick of the story? I agree things need an end in sight when they are story driven, I guess this series has the issue of having the charm of being a Disney Japanese RPG that I doubt anything else will replicate anytime soon so people want more. I almost sometimes think the series would be better with smaller, more contained stories each game or two so that it doesn't feel as forced to make it go on for a long time. But even that way, I am sure there would be unanswered question between games.

I guess my answer is, at least at this time, honestly no. I actually think waiting a few years is better. If they kept forcing out a game every year the story would get as bloated as it did this saga. Even though it was nice at the time, when we literally got every game from Days to Dream Drop in the course of like 4 to 5 years, it added a lot to all the issues KH3 couldn't tackle. Plus, waiting a few years, at least to me, makes it better in the end so I can be hyped again when I finally play a new game.

No I’m definitely not saying that we need more games more frequently. I actually sort of agree with you because I think KH could definetly benefit from less games with more contained stories.

I also don’t mind waiting a few years for the next game but when they have these giant teasers and cliff hangers, it can get pretty annoying especially when they keep doing this over and over again over the course of almost two decades. KH3 should have ended imo with no cliff hangers and close to no unanswered questions so we could patiently wait for the next saga.

Its fine to have unanswered questions and cliff hangers in some games but not in all games, especially if the game you’re talking about is meant to be the end of a story arc.

But maybe you’re right. I might be getting sick of the story because I don’t really like how they keep dragging the story forward after all these years.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I think KH games should be thought of as TV seasons. Each season answers questions built up from past seasons as well as ones brought up in the current season, but they almost always end by setting up what the next season will be about, what the next phase of the story will look like.

But, I also don't think KH3 ends with that many crucial cliffhangers or anything either

It sounds like a lot of people have just grown out of the story and we're hoping for a place to make a clean and easy break, and if that's the case, then, just take the break now. Most of the big story stuff is resolved, and for the parts that aren't you can fill in the blanks yourself.

Awards
If all of you are so sick of waiting, why on earth do you still have active accounts on a website dedicated to Kingdom Hearts? If you’re truly planning to cut ties, why continue to complain on forums that only exist because of the series you want to cut ties with? I know that sounds harsh, but reading some of these comments all of you have written, I get the idea that you’re not actually cutting ties with the series; you’re just bitter and you feel like complaining. I know it may seem really hard to believe, but there are still some people interested in seeing what comes next. If you’re just going to try and ruin a good experience for those who still enjoy it, then that is far worse than if it takes Nomura’s entire lifetime to finish the story — or if he never finishes it at all. Some of us just love Kingdom Hearts’ story. Even though it’s confusing, complicated, still full of so many questions, and even corny at times, there is a beauty to Kingdom Hearts’ story that just isn’t found in other video games. That beauty is what has kept me with the series, and will continue to do so. I understand not everyone values that beauty above excellent writing or fantastically developed characters. Everyone values different things in stories, and some people value things in stories that most critics and reviewers don’t. Please do not spread complaints if you’re actually planning to cut ties. If cutting ties with Kingdom Hearts is your plan, then please just let those of us who still find Kingdom Hearts’ story engaging enjoy it in peace. I know I’m going to get a lot more complaining and backlash from this post, but at this point all I can say is that I just can’t stand it when people ruin a good experience for others because they weren’t completely satisfied themselves.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
With every new game nomura answers 2-4 long running question but also creates 10 more unanswered ones.

I can’t be the only one who’s done with waiting for the next game hoping to get answers to questions A B C D E and F, then only getting answers to A B and C, the rest being unanswered whilst Nomura’s also giving us more questions.

I was hoping that KH3 would rap up the saga with no or very few unanswered question but from the very beginning the game teased the next saga. I don’t mind that they didn’t answer all the kHUX questions but why tease the hell out of it the entire game.

I wouldn’t mind them teasing the next story or game if the games in the series came out in a regular basis but when a new KH game comes out every 2-3 years(some times even more) it starts to get a bit ridiculous. How long are they going to drag these stories out?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

If they keep doing this in the long run I might stop being a KH fan because there has got to be an end point right. I loved KH3 and will still play next few KH games but if they keep stretching out the story and leaving intentional plot holes in the story with no end in sight, I might end up leaving.

The Xehanort story has ended.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
What's still there from the past that's unresolved? KHIII just asks new questions that I'm sure they're planning on bringing up. KH has always teased new games in the endings since the final mix of the first game. Hell, even the first iteration of the first game didn't have a compete ending when you think about it. Kairi was still without Sora, Riku was still stuck behind the door, and Sora didn't seem to be getting out of End of the World yet.

KHIII asks questions, yes, but none of them to do with what was currently going on. Isa and Lea have new backstory now, but it's fine since that backstory didn't actually matter to the final battle anyways. If anything, I'm glad that we have the secret ending and epilogue teasing some sort of continuation past III. If unchained X is that bridge to the series then so be it.

kaseykockroach

Awards
What he said! I'm just annoyed seeing a black coat in the secret video. I'm so sick of seeing those black hoods and desperately need villains with a different fashion sense!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Everyone left with coats just needs to throw it away, revealing their outfits in the most flamboyant way possible.

Who except the MoM and Luxu even has still coats?
Lea/Axel, Isa, Roxas and Xion discarded their coats and were shown in casual clothes during the ending. Ansem the Wise, Even/Vexen and Ienzo are back to wearing their labcoat-with-scarf thingys, Dilan and Aeleus are back wearing their guard uniforms and I bet when and if Lauriam, Elrena, Luxord and Demyx return they will no longer have black coats either.

The Foretellers always had their furry cosplays and TAV never wore coats at all.
In fact, I'd hope that now that SRK and the Days crew (except Roxas) all have new duds it's about time that the BBS trio gets some new outfits when they appear the next time around.

j_kazmi

I guess I’m just annoyed at how deeply connected the next saga will be to the Xehanort Saga.

Like Nomura took almost two decades to tell the story of this saga. Not enough happened in this saga to warrant the story being told over almost two decades. This saga, if handled properly should’ve been completed well within a decade.

I think my main point is that Nomura is taking way too long tell his story and he keeps expanding it.

To me atleast, many of the games feel like they’re simply drip feeding you the story between giant Disney segments(which I love btw, the series needs Disney) and then we’re left waiting for the next instalment.

I think I may have named the thread incorrectly because what I really mean is that I’m sick of waiting for the story to slowly progress and limp forward over countless years. I mean people have grown up and have had kids between the beginning and end of the Xehanort Saga and the next story is looking like it’s going to be heavily connected to last storyline.

kaseykockroach

Awards
The problem with Nomura is that he’s more interested in making his stories complex, but not his characters. So his characters being interesting feels like an accident, which he ignores in favor of more subplots.
We joke about Sora’s mother never being mentioned again after her one line, but it’s part of why I find it difficult to find the official canon incarnations of these characters believable. Nomura simply doesn’t allow for them to have much of an inner-life, leaving it up to fanfic writers to do the job for him of making his characters fully realized.

Back