• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How would you rank the Disney Worlds?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
This is difficult but If I had to rank the worlds it comes down to world design and story. In my own opinion, I rank them with 1 being the best and 8 being the lowest

Story
  • Toy Box
  • San Fransokyo
  • Monstropolis
  • The Caribbean
  • Olympus
  • 100 Acre Wood
  • Kingdom of Corona
  • Arendelle

World Design
  • Toy Box
  • The Caribbean
  • Olympus
  • San Fransokyo
  • Arendelle
  • Monstropolis
  • Kingdom of Corona
  • 100 Acre Wood

mytomxxx

Besides 100 Acre wood (which I enjoyed the cell shaded graphics) I liked all of them, then it's hard to put in a rank,

1- PoTC
2- San Fransokyo
3- Toy Box / Monstropolys
4- Corona
5- Olympus
6- Arendelle

Storywise I really enjoyed toy box, monstropolys and san fransokyo.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards
1. Toy Box
2. San Fransokyo
3. Kingdom of Corona
4. Monstropolis
5. 100 Acre Wood
6. Olympus
7. The Caribbean
8. Arendelle

Awards
01. Kingdom of Corona
02. The Caribbean
03. Olympus
04. Toy Box
05. Arendelle
06. San Fransokyo
07. Monstropolis
08. 100 Acre Woods

Sdog

Awards
1. Toy Box
It was my most hyped going world going in and it stayed that way. It shows how much care went into this world above the others. The characters were true to the films; The original plot tied decently into the game; And it easily the most fun to gawk at even though we saw most of it in trailers and from the premiere event. Only gripes would be the lack of other characters from the movies like Jessie, Bullseye, Slinky, etc. and the fact that there was no bosses aside from what we were previously shown. But the same could be said for all the other worlds. Also, never got tired of hearing 'You've got a friend in me'.

2. San Fransokyo
I can see why this world took the longest to show off because, like Toy Box, the amount of work went into this world is noticeable as well. Again, the og story was nice as we get to jump in with a slightly seasoned BH6 and the whole sequence of Sora helping the team establish new moves was diddlyin awesome. I appreciated the darkubes fight as it felt one of the more traditional boss fights with telegraphing move sets and world unique. And the fact we have the option to explore the world with day and night options is amazing. It does suck that there aren't as many npcs and little things to do around the city as we'd like. As this world could've been a really great opportunity to utilize hub like world experiences Twilight Town couldn't.

3. Corona
Easily the best SDG get injected into the movie plot application yet. It proved to have some of the most visually draw dropping moments with the variety in environments they did with just one forest. That scene where everyone slides down that flower filled hil before getting your first look at the kingdom from the beach? Cmon. Though it definitely sucks they had to axe Rapunzel as a party member due to obvious plot restraints. And the lack of a proper Disney boss in this with Mother Gothel or incorporating her in some way definitely sucks.

4. Olympus
Herc as a permanent party member? Hell yes. About time. Going back to a fleshed out Thebes and Olympus? OMG. The overall verticality and construction of this world is amazing. But that fact it had to be a tutorial world was reasonable but also made it suffer. Hercules has always been one of my favorite Disney movies so finally getting to take on all the Titans in one world was a dream come true but was sadly soured by how boring it was to take down the first 3 and the 4th was a bit awkward. Also, no Phil dialogue was heart wrenching; Lack of an actual tournament, even in end game was more so; And only previous FF character reference was a bit weird.

5. Monstropolis
The overall construction of the factory was very well executed and made exploring insanely fun. I've always wondered about how big and complicated this place couldv'e been with how many working parts would be required to even make it operate, and this game delivered for sure. It definitely felt more linear than any other world, which is inevitable what with the setting, but it brought down the mood at times for sure. Though the moments in between all that with Mike, Sully, and Boo were some of the more charming ones with some of the best call backs to KH1 SDG meeting new friends. Cue the funny smile. Sully sneaking up and tossing Vanitas was the best. No Randall fight was the worst. Almost as much as putting him RIGHT back where he started.

6. The Caribbean
I was really excited and rooting for this world going in but it ended too polarizing for me. The biggest selling point for the world probably is what lessened the experience for me even though I still loved it? Ship combat or the idea of it is something I've always been enamored for with games and was hoping this one would do it but realized it meant nothing when its frankly half assed (I know its a sub section of an overall huge game. I don't expect it to be tear inducing amazing). I found just walking around Port Royal and the end fight with the Kraken and Davy Jones (FINALLY AN ACTUAL DISNEY BOSS) to be the most fun. Also they did an amazing job making SDG fit compared to KH2 and the cast look and sound amazing. The end cutscene was beautiful though needed Sora and Jack actually interacting.

7. Arendelle
While this is easily one of the more visually stunning worlds, and I'm a sucker for snow levels, the amount of Disney restriction KILLS this potential. We all know about that ONE dungeon in rpgs and other games alike that always have you just wanting nothing but to get outta there. Visually cool. But it really makes no sense when right before crafting it Larxene says, "Ice isn't really my style." (or whatever). Really?! IT takes up the first 1/3 of the world roughly we have to climb the mountain 3 times after just to keep SDG doing something while also barely touching the plot, aside from when they wanted to show off 'Let it Go' and 'DYWBASM' (which don't get me wrong had me cheesing and were a pleasure to watch again. They even made the models for kid Anna and Elsa! Damn!). Of course having neither of the sisters as party members sucked. But never having the chance to beat up Hans sucked even more.

8. 100 Acre Wood
They really shouldn't have made this 'world' without atleast giving it the same treatment as 1 and 2. The same minigame just with 3 different themes is honestly a slap in the face to its inclusion in the previous entries. Idk if there was a request to put 100 acre wood in or if Nomura felt inclined to do so but it was NOT necessary. Seeing Pooh and the gang, hearing the music, and having Sora see them again was nostalgic and nice but even Sora didn't understand why he needed to go there again lol.

Overall, we had a great set of worlds and I'm excited to see where they take it from here. The writing has had a noticeable step up, the animations has captured all the characters borderline perfectly, and at times it really felt like I was in the movies better than any Disney ride could emulate. Sure another 1 or two would've been great but the variety and selection with the allotted resources was well executed. The original plots were well woven to the main plot, though the SDG injections (aside from Corona) could've been a lot better. The worlds could've used more Disney bosses or atleast incorporate them into the existing fights through control if they don't want us beating on em. Though fighting some of the Organization in the worlds before cramming them all in the Keyblade Graveyard could've helped out with the pacing, difficulty, and made for a better payoff at the end.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
1- Olympus
2- Kingdom of Corona
3- The Caribbean
4- San Fransokyo
5- Toy Box
6- Monstropolis
7- Arendelle

I excluded 100 Acre Wood for obvious reasons, even though it's always the worst one.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Arendelle seems to be the least favourite world for most people, and none of the reasons is because it was adapting Frozen which is a decisive movie in its own right.

Awne

After some thinking, here's my ranking list :
1. Kingdom of Corona
2. San Fransokyo
3. The Caribbean
4. Olympus
5. Toy Box
6. Monstropolis
7. Arendelle
8. 100 Acre Wood

In the end, I liked the majority of Disney worlds, except for Arendelle and 100 Acre Wood, I was kinda disappointed.

Back