• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How would you alter/improve the Kingdom Hearts series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Exin

Awards
...Or at least any of the installments individually. I haven't seen a whole lot of threads about such, so I went ahead and made this. If there are any already made similar to this one, then I must've overlooked it and I apologise.

Anyways, this thread's for any KH fan out there who express what they would've done to make the games a better experience for them and others. Whether it be the characters, stories, gameplay, etc. I can't think of anything of my own for now, but maybe you do and could.

Please feel free to express your thoughts and ideas in the comment section down below. Thank you.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Story/characters:
Give existing characters screen time before introducing 10 or more new characters.
Make characters more individual instead of linking them to each other.
Connect the disney worlds (esp kh2) more to the kh-story.
Kill 358/2 Days.

Gameplay:
Make keyblades great again. (normal attacks)
Fairer bossfights (BBS) where you dont need 100percent invincibility dodges to defeat them.
Speaking of which: No 100percent invincibility dodges.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
gay-it-up-500.gif

This series (actually pretty much every series) could benefit from this.

Though I would also like to do a hell of a lot more to the series as well, whether it be from how the FF characters have pretty much become... obsolete/minimally used, how they should be integrated into more Disney worlds (Zidane in Neverland, The 4 Heroes of Light dispersed throughout worlds in a title who then all come together in one of the later worlds, Red XIII in Pride Lands, Lightning in Deep Space, etc. that I could go into a lotta detail about but I won't bloat the thread with that).

Stronger female representation, as well as representation in general. If we ignore the clones, we still have character who all looks pretty much the same in the main cast, and even amongst the FF cast. I'd like to see main characters of different body types, skin tones, and identities who can still kick ass.

Kairi. I can forgive how she is in KH1, since really, the plot as it was kind of wouldn't be able to function the same way it did if she had been altered and wouldn't feel like the kind of homage it was to older Disney tropes, butttt then in the squeakquel they could have had her training with Tidus, Wakka and Selphie to get stronger and find her own way off the island to find her best friends which would then, understandably, lead to her getting kidnapped by much stronger characters, but still show that she was getting a more proactive role in the series. Have her be part of the final fights in KH2 due to this, although leave the final FINAL fights just Riku and Sora because the game, and series, needed that. Then have her come back with Sora and Riku in DDD to be trained while they undergo Mark of Mastery exams. Have her confront Lea, who now also wants to train, about how he kidnapped her, tried to kill her best friend to get his gay lover best friend back, have them play off of each other and develop as their own characters due to it, and maybe even give a lot more backstory on her time in Radiant Garden, how Lea could have known her and even been around for when they experimented on her. By the time KH3 would come around, Kairi would be a full-fledged warrior, maybe not a Master, but at least a real contender who wouldn't need to be undergoing whatever catch up game they are now trying to play with her. I still think Kairi should have been the one to save Aqua tbh because while it's cool that it'll be Sora I would have loved for her to see the girl she sent off to be protected actually be a protector now and also the one to save her the way Aqua would save her from the destruction of Radiant Garden and Maleficent.

Integrate the Disney worlds better. Each installment has some great integrations, and then some... not good ones. If the world cannot fit into the main plot, then at least tie it into that character's own plot and journey of self.

New Game+ mode that also allows you to have whatever Party Members you want to use in gameplay, even if it obviously doesn't translate to cutscenes.

Multiplayer with wi-fi.

Implement new Square properties into the series the way they did TWEWY.

I could think of a lot more, but this is all that is in my head right now before bed.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Story/characters:
Give existing characters screen time before introducing 10 or more new characters.
Connect the
disney worlds (esp kh2) more to the kh-story.
Kill 358/2 Days.

Gameplay:
Make
keyblades great again. (normal attacks)
Fairer
bossfights (BBS) where you dont need 100percent invincibility dodges to defeat them.
I agree with this list so much.
giphy.gif

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Story/characters:
Connect the disney worlds (esp kh2) more to the kh-story.
Kill 358/2 Days.
On 1 complete agreement. The series in general has a problem with introducing new things before properly fleshing out already existing material. This goes for both characters and story points/concepts.

2 is also a good point, as connections and links between characters should derive their importance from how they are forged and developed by the characters themselves, not by some higher power like "fate" or something creating these links.

Point 3 is utterly needed actually, as when they're only filler the Disney worlds are practically worthless to have and only there because it's "a staple of the series".

Point 4 is...well, subjective, lol.

Gameplay:
Make keyblades great again. (normal attacks)
Fairer bossfights (BBS) where you dont need 100percent invincibility dodges to defeat them.

One's mileage may vary on Point 1 if that would really be an improvement as plain simple Keyblade whacking can be boring at large.

Agreed, bosses need definitely a more sophisticated and diverse AI and be challenging without being borderline unfair and there being only one viable way to get past a boss.

If those do exist, there needs to be a penalty for using it too much (i.e. chaining too many dodge rolls together eventually makes the character dizzy) or there needs to be something different in place to prevent abuse.

Muke

whatever
Awards
For KH2, I'd SLOW DOWN THE VOICE CLIPS in the german version. It's so obvious they slowed them down x2 to match the lip sync but it just sounds horrible when Roxas talks normal and then suddenly Hayner talks rapidly fast and
UGH
(Example here: 51:10)

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
To go for an individual title, I'd make KHII's Disney worlds suck less. Especially the Pride Lands.
Aside from making it one visit like I'd probably do with the others, I would....

-Make SDG's entrance to the world humorous by having them fall from the sky and sliding on the elephant tusks (it's amazing how we never actually see how the gang actually enters a world.)
-Shenzi and Banzai briefly mention freaking out about Scar's new posse.
-HYENA HEARTLESS!
-Nala becomes a party member. (Darn you Blackdrazon.)
-Maleficent is actually involved. Recruiting Scar, or at the very least causing trouble, by turning his hyena army into HYENA HEARTLESS!
-???
-And most importantly, adapt Scar's death by having him devoured by the Heartless. Bonus points because it gives an actual reason for him becoming one.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Story point:
- No more linking characters together, like Void said. We know they're one happy family, but I think they need some time apart.
- Explaining things more clearly. I know the English dialogue is partially to blame, however I'd prefer not reading tons of books to clarify what's going on.
- More backstory, motivation, and depth to the actions of the characters.
- Make KH less cheesy. May be impossible, though. Still love this series, though.

Gameplay point:
- More variety in the combat. No more blocking and countering just to win, no more mashing a button just to win. I still like the combat, I would just care for improvements.
- A less frustrating camera.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Less drama.
Need I put flashbacks of 358/2 Days?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Less drama.
Need I put flashbacks of 358/2 Days?
What do you mean, less drama? Sorry, but I gotta disagree here. IMO, drama is a way to actually develop the characters more/give them some nice character moments. Remember that scene in BBS where TAV's friendship-meter literally went from 85 to 0? (if that makes sense) I feel like that scene alone had so many nice moments - everybody finally speaks their mind, they react to one another etc.
Without effective drama, that wouldn't have happened.

But I don't like some fake forced drama like in CoM with Sora and R(epl)iku or - as you said - in some parts of Days.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I'm mainly focused on 358/2 Days. I agree. Drama is important, but there can be too much of it. Some drama wasn't needed to be added, yet it did give explanation to the story. But this is a Disney game for crying out loud. KH1 did have a little drama between Riku and Donald, but those are only minor. That drama don't last the MAJORITY of the game, Riku's drama was more focused near the ending of the game, at Monstro if I remember right where there's more of the focus had started on Riku. I just don't like playing games that make you feel crappy cause of the drama between characters just goes on and on, when at the end you leave a friend and the other one "disappears". I just don't like it, but that's my opinion.

Hirokey123

Awards
Oh boy I have some idea...

KH1

- Zoom out the camera
- Fix the physics so making a tiny hop onto a platform in front of you doesn't feel like a monumental task
- Have Kairi start appearing and talking to Sora the minute Sora wakes up in Traverse Town, have them travel around, and then when they get to Yuffie and Leon have the reveal that no one but Sora can hear and see Kairi. Thus Kairi is now is like a ghost that follows Sora and this allows the two to adventure and interact together while they try to figure out the answer to mystery. So she can interact with more than Sora have it so when SDG do their "all for one and one for all" thing they "connect" to Kairi and become able to see and hear her for the rest of the game. Likewise Riku should be able to see and hear Kairi to and this way we can get more Riku and Kairi interactions. Everything else can remain the same and would work just as fine as it did.
- DON'T LEAVE KAIRI BEHIND IN TRAVERSE TOWN TAKE HER WITH YOU TO HOLLOW BASTION! This way we can reflect more on Kairi's thoughts about what occurred in HB the first time and then she is left behind with the other princesses to hold back the darkness. It makes a hell of a lot more sense for her to be helping the other princesses do one of the only things Kairi can actually DO than to let them do all the work while Kairi sits at Traverse Town.

Re:CoM

- Riku's story needs to be completely repaired starting with his disney worlds. His disney worlds should be showing all the stuff he was up to off screen during KH1, it should be fleshing out his relationships with the Disney villains, it should be showing us his first memories of meeting Ansem, etc....
- Riku's story need to have it's dialogue rewritten so we don't have aneurysm from all the times they say "darkness" and "darkest darkness" should not be a phrase ever in any respect.
- Zexion, Marluxia, and Lexaeus all need more screen time
- Zexion and Lexeaus should have had two boss battles like every other organization member in the castle.
- Marluxia's mech phase shouldn't exist skip straight to the angel of death
- A Xion enemy card should be added so we have a magical variant of what Roxas does, because as it stands we've have an almost complete set of abilities in enemy cards but are missing a magical equivalent of Roxas's card.

KH2

- Axel, Namine, Riku, and DiZ are not going to be dropped out of the plot for a million years not after they made us spend hours getting to know them.
- Yensid's info dump is going to be flat out removed and replaced with "there is an organization doing stuff, there is nobodies, go be careful" albeit a bit more fancily. All those extra details like who the organization are, them being nobodies, the details on what Nobodies are, all the other crap Yensid taught us, etc.. would be more organically inserted into the plots of the other worlds (and I mean all worlds not just original but some of this stuff we'd learn in Disney worlds) that will help the pacing tremendously
- Donald and Goofy get new outfits...minor nitpick I know but it bugs me they never have new clothes.
- DiZ is going to appear after the HB 1000 heartless battle and start his whole revenge plan, that's what the plot of the second world visits will revolve around so they don't feel so pointless and that's where we'll actually get to see all these "plans fall apart" that caused DiZ to change.
- Kairi upon making it to Twilight Town will be grabbed and pulled into the corridor of darkness, but just as she is about to vanish there will be a flash of light and the keyblade will appear in her hand shocking Axel and letting her break free. Instinctively Kairi will use her keyblade to lock the corridor so Axel won't be able to get back to her immediately using that one, as she'll know the keyblade can lock or unlock anything thanks to her previous experience.
- HPO will put up more of a fight defending Kairi more accurately they will grip Kairi and try to pull her back while Axel tries to drag her away and that's when the keyblade will appear.
- Kairi will then proceed to go on her own little off screen adventure traveling around by using Pluto who can sniff out corridors of darkness. We'll occasionally get cutscenes showing us her adventure hearing about Sora, and likewise there will be NPCs that mention Kairi is out there looking for him.
- Namine and Riku will also have a few cutscenes together as will Namine and Kairi, dunno what Namine will be doing but I imagine helping them on their quests to make up for the hurt she caused them.
- Sora will not get the clue of the photo to the mansion until the very freaking end so it makes sense to go check twilight town instead of getting the photo and then...never thinking to check twilight town until the very end.
- Sora and Kairi's reunion will just before the final world and he'll watch Saix appear and take her that is what will prompt Sora to head after her to the organization's world.
- Everything else pretty much proceeds the same except you know Kairi will already have keyblade out in the scenes where she is readying to fight Saix and the heartless, Namine will rescue her, etc.... BUT when Kairi joins the party she will become an actual party member you can have in battle.
- This means during the first couple of Xemnas fights you can have a party of Sora, Riku, and Kairi till ultimately Kairi gets split away from the two.
- Memories of Roxas's adventures will crop up more often in the world to so you get a better sense of Roxas being there.
- Secret memory Xion fight against the Xion boss fight in Days, won't be in the cavern of remembrance but instead in front of twilight town clock tower where Xion "died" and only appears after the Roxas fight in TWTNW. (yes I know she didn't exist when KH2 is made I'm saying Xion is the kind of character they should of already created and hinted about during KH2, basically Roxas's life should of been more fleshed when KH2 was being written.)

Days

- As much as I love having Days on the go...do not put this game on the DS put it on the PS2 or PS3 where we can have better controls and a more fully realized game.
- Give us days where instead of playing as Roxas we play as Xion or Axel, in fact given the game is designed with a single system that works for all characters I would just have it constantly switch between the trio. It won't be very jarring and this way we don't need to experience their slower story parts where nothing is happening we can just jump to whoever has the more interesting story. Between the three of them there should always be something interesting/exciting going on.
- Now it's on the PS2/PS3 give us the lesser Nobody summons system
- Add in the Pinocchio World
- Tweak the damage so weapons hit harder and magic hits little less hard
- Cut the enemy HP in half....I know they already did it but they need to do it again the amount of HP bars some enemies still have is absurd.
- Now that things are rebalanced give us the KH2 magic system, we don't need KH2 spells just the rechargeable MP.
- I like the idea of tying our combos to our keyblades but they need to really flesh the system out. Each lets call it..."vein" of weapon should have a unique combo and I mean UNIQUE and stronger version of that keyblade get longer/shorter/more fleshed out combos with branching combo paths you execute with different button presses. Days had a little of that already but it was never very much and they could of done a lot more with this.
- Every Organization member should get 3 secret entries minimum not 1 or 2 and they should be meaty or at least enlightening. Stuff like Demyx's report where he does nothing but talk about releasing his next album and saix barking at him needs to get the hell out of here. That should be replaced with Demyx musing over his life, his relationships, something about his past, etc...
- Rikunort should be boss fight, there is a clear cut between when Roxas is knocked out the first time and when DiZ arrives. Plenty of room to insert Roxas's memories of Xion fading away and the anger of these last vestiges of memory vanishes jolt him awake. He draws both his keyblades and a real Rikunort DW Roxas fight begins...which ultimately plot makes you lose but whatever we need something climactic than that pitiful Riku fight if they aren't going to end on Xion.
- Riku and Roxas will have one extra fight that occurs at some point earlier in the story and Riku loses hard. Look no matter what the original intent was KH2's english translation decided to make it sound like the two fought multiple times so they need to follow through with that now.

BBS

- Trash the entire game and I mean the entire game we're starting from the ground up with this one because man did they screw up.
- PS3/PS4 game or bust not a PSP game because much like Days it just hinders it sooo much being on weak hardware.
- The "keyblade ceremony" is not going to exist period, Terra and Aqua can still meet Riku and Sora and talk to them we just won't have the ceremony bit happen.
- The title "Keyblade Master" is going to be changed to literally anything else so not as to cause confusion, I get it wasn't master in japanese pre-BBS but the fact is the english version do exist and should of been accounted for when making that title.
- Start off with us spending several days of TAV's life at LoD paralleling KH1 and KH2's openings. In This time we'll get to see LoD fleshed out as a world, get to see TAV's friendship actually build up, Eraqus's individual relationships with his students, etc...
- Aqua and Ven get more scenes together because they have basically nothing to show their history right now, we can keep those Terra and Ven flashbacks we just need some more Aqua and Ven ones.
- Aqua and Terra get more scenes and flashbacks together as well for the same reason.
- Cinderella and Olympus Coliseum are going to swap places in the story and I'll explain why after a few more points.
- Ventus and Aqua's disney stories are going to swap in all but Olympus and Cinderella.
- Terra and Aqua are going to meet in Cinderella's castle but it's going to be an awkward meeting, the same message will get across though it will have slightly different connotations.
- There with that the plot is now....
>Aqua hears first hand from Maleficent that Terra took Aurora's heart and it's Ven telling her to not lose faith.
>Aqua hears first hand about Terra "summoning monsters" on Snow White and meets the evil Hag who tells her that Terra threatened her with his keyblade
>Aqua gets a bit of relief when she hears Terra helped Zack conquer the darkness only to have it quickly shattered when she learns the whole reason that happened is because Terra came to Hades trying to learn how to use the darkness.
>Now Aqua will have actually "seen" and "heard" the "things that Terra did" and her mistrust and doubt with Terra will be well placed as will Terra's reaction to being caught.
>Ven will hear nothing bad about Terra in Snow White or Olympus so the only place he will encounter anything bad about Terra is Maleficent's word which he won't believe, and thus understandable from his point of view Aqua will be acting awful and unjustified.
>Ven and Mickey will knock Vanitas off the edge of the cliff they are fighting on so Ventus actually has reason to believe "the masked boy is history"
>Ven will encounter Kairi instead of Aqua and we will get scenes that deepen the parallels between the two, Aqua casting a spell on Kairi was a completley unnecessary addition we already as players had the explanation in KH1FM that Kairi was attracted to DI because a wielder was there and she's a princess...that didn't need more info.
>Dilan and Aeleus will meet Aqua not terribly important a meeting but then Dilan picking up Aqua's armor and keyblade has a bit more meaning. I'd also change the script a bit so after Even appears to tell Dilan and Aeleus they can't go running off against their master's wishes/their job of protecting the castle and that's what will prompt Aqua to run off to stop the unversed in their place. This will be meaningful for Aqua as it will be encountering someone like her who wants to follow her Master's orders but also wants to do the right thing.
>Everything with Terra will be mostly the same in all this except Aqua exposing his deeds will make him storm off before he can mention to Aqua what he learned about Vanitas, and before Ventus can talk to Terra about what he wanted to tell him in the first place.
>Ventus will not encounter Terra before he leaves, he will encounter Lea and Isa and mope around then get his friendship rekindled by them and run into Aqua. At that moment Braig will fire his gun at Aqua catching her off guard, Ventus will spot braig and rush after him (as Aqua cries out to not do so) where in they will have a cutscene and boss fight where Braig mentions stuff like Vanitas being alive. After beating Braig he will rush back to where Aqua was to warn her but only to see her just leaving. This is why Ventus continues his journey instead of flailing around the worlds for no real reason.
>Aqua's encounter with Vanitas will go as written but at the end after getting back up and running away Aqua will have a conflict. She knows she is supposed to take Ven home but she also knows her main quest is to take out the unversed who the masked boy is connected to, and the masked boy appears to be a threat to Ven and have some connection to Terra. Ergo while she wants to go find Ven and take him home she decides to ultimately prioritize rushing after Vanitas before he can get too far away. Thus it no longer feels like Aqua is just doing a sucktacular job with Ventus for no reason.
>Aqua will chase him to the badlands where she spots MX and Vanitas fighting but then Vanitas "beats" Master Xehanort and runs away. Now MX can play the old wounded Master who failed to stop his evil apprentice and wrap Aqua around his finger like he did to Terra...this way when Aqua and Xehanort do finally fight it actually has some real meaning and they aren't seeing one another for the first time.
>Aqua goes on her way and in the following worlds she'll hear Terra has been reminded how powerful dreams can keep the darkness away at Cinderella's, hear that Terra still values their friendship charm from Stitch, and let's throw in Peter Pan or the lost boys mentioning Terra saved them/Tink from the unversed. You know bit by bit we slowly rebuild Aqua's faith in Terra and make her think maybe just maybe Terra will be okay, maybe she was wrong, and then just when things are starting to looking bright we will brutally crush this new spark of hope by having her hear Terra helped kill Eraqus.
>Everything else in BBS can be left exactly the same I made sure of it.
- Gameplay wise in addition to the obvious smoother controls, better boss hitstun, and fixing the physics I would have it so when TAV perform style changes their keyblades transform like Terra's rock breaker he'll get a giant pickaxe or hammer, Aqua's spell weaver she'll get a baton/long magic wand, Ven's cyclone he'll get like a spinning fan blade, etc... You know it won't change how the combos work but it's a nice aesthetic touch and helps make them feel more like trained wielders as opposed to self taught ones.
- In the mirage arena TAV would have an unlockable style they can buy that when activated transforms their keyblade into a glider and then they can use their keyblade glider in battle.
- In Terra's final battle I would have Lingering Will gain a unique style change for this fight (kind of like how Terra vs Eraqus Terra constantly will trigger Dark Impulse) that turns his keyblade into a whip and lets him perform high speed powerful whip combos just like the boss fight in KH2FM+
- Add in more Command Boards, one for each world, and make it playable locally at the very least.
- Minnie doesn't banish Pete, Mickey returns to Disney Town and banishes Pete so as to not create that contradiction....also Pete starts running amok over the whole dream festival not just tries to steal an ice cream. >_>
- Yensid's Tower should look completely different on the outside so Donald is justified with not knowing it's the same place in KH2.

Coded

- We're rearranging everything in this game to and making the entire place take place in the digital Castle Oblivion.
- It will just be the message where the corruption because the message is where the pain is, and that means Castle Oblivion and its memory rooms will be corrupt. (Maybe we can even have some points where parts of LoD are actually meshed in with CO's scenery because of the glitching)
- We can still visit the same worlds and have the same levels but now they are visited via the memory doors.
- Do away with system areas use all that wasted space to expand the worlds, giving us new areas like maybe exploring the main island back how it was in KH1.
- Maleficent, Pete, Data Riku, Data Roxas, and Data Namine will all appear in the in between floors much like the original CoM and occasionally in the Disney Worlds/HB as they already do.
- Maleficent and Pete's plan will be the same except now they will seize Data Namine and control Data Roxas and Data Riku, let's give those data clones more fleshing out and make Maleficent and Pete and even bigger threat this way. We can also have reduxes of the "bad guy gathering scenes" where Data Roxas and Data Riku along with Pete or Maleficent talk about how Data Sora/MDG are doing. You know because Roxas and Riku have had criminally minimal interaction and this would give a chance for the whole Roxas, Riku, Namine trio to flesh out even if it's not exactly the real ones.
- Data Sora is not going to exist, this might seem extreme but we'll say that Data Sora is just missing data because the journal is messed up, data Riku won't be able to be located, and so that will leave them only with Data Kairi. This will be Kairi's first fully playable adventure and that means we will get Kairi+Namine, Kairi+Riku, Kairi+Roxas, Kairi+Maleficent, Kairi+Pete, and Kairi+Disney characters dialogue on screen fleshing out Kairi's character. At least this way repeating KH1/CoM worlds for the third/second time won't be totally pointless.
-Replace Data Sora with Kairi and pretty much all the scenes play out the same and it's more cool for Kairi to fight a giant dark evil Sora heartless/darkness than for Sora to fight a dark sora/darkside for the umpteenth time.
-Gameplay wise again like Days PS3/PS4 or bust not the DS.

DDD

- Hitstun, hitstun, hitstun, hitstun, hitstun, oh and did I mention hitstun?
- Give the TWEWY cast more presence especially Shiki who barely freaking exists.
- Reaper or angel boss in Traverse Town at some point...maybe while Sora is taking on every dream eater boss known to man Riku gets to fight the reapers that sent the dream eaters in the first place. Cause it's awkward how reapers are apparently in Traverse Town and yet we never see any of them.
- Kairi comes on this quest no if's, and's, or but's....Sora and Riku should NEVER have taken the raft off the island in the past of KH1 without Kairi. Like that just felt sooooo wrong on so many levels...
- Kairi will be permanent party member to both Sora and Riku. The excuse will be that because Kairi dived into Sora's heart for so long back in KH1 she is now able to, through magical heart powers, dive in and out of Sora's dreams at will and is pulled into sleep whenever he is. Of course she won't know it's Sora's dreams all she, Riku, and Sora will know is that every time Sora falls asleep Kairi gets transported to the world Riku is in without any kind of portal.
- Dream Eaters are still going to be a thing and exactly as they were, that's right we'll have 3 party members at all times but the game is hard enough/enemies numerous enough that I think that's not going to really unbalance anything.
- Someone in Country of the Musketeers is going to address how in the hell Pete got to this world and why Mickey doesn't think anything of it. Even as something as small as like Mickey saying Pete was sent to this world for the same reason he was and then this world being Pete's first big betrayal of Mickey's friendship would work.
- While I don't think Frollo really needs a boss fight I don't see any harm in him at least riding and commanding Wargoyle in Riku's fight, then falling to his death with Wargoyle so it feels like Frollo is more involved.
- Critical mode needs to be desperately tweaked so it's more like KH2FM+ where you take and deal more damage
- Like all the handheld games put this on a console.
- Since the Pinocchio world is in Days it won't work here let's replace it with one of the other worlds hinted at but not seen like Bambi, Dumbo, Jungle Book, Toy Story, etc...

Chi

-It doesn't exist in its current form period end of sentence. As someone who likes Chi I have yet to see it having done a single good thing for the series storyline. If they want to tell a story of the keyblade war and how it all happened fine but leave out the extra realms, the false worlds, the prophecies, etc... Let's make it just a very self contained side story that fleshes out this part of KH's history without having it really need to connect back to the future in any meaningful way. Let the past be the past without complicating the future with all this just unnecessary stuff. I certainly would pay to see/play a story that is about a master manipulating his apprentices into distrusting one another, gather wielders to create war against one another, and along the way some of the wielders they gather stop being pawns and start looking for answers. A very simple human story where no real previous knowledge of the series is needed, nothing is lost by skipping it, and all the characters can be new characters with no connection to anyone but themselves. You know like Rogue One it's a movie/story that exists for itself, it doesn't exist to set up stuff in the future it doesn't have a million obligatory connections or mentions to characters in the later movies. It's an entirely self contained plot someone thought would be interesting on its own to tell and it was, Chi could have and should have been like that.

Last edited:

KingOfHearts

I know Disney is involved, but I would want less silliness/cutesy stuff. The Disney worlds feel far removed from the core story, which I love the tone for. I want to see more worlds exclusive to kingdom hearts and the usage of more final fantasy characters. Just a little more mature overall, because Disney characters are already going to maintain the charm of the series without being overt.

I think that's it. I hate the dream eater designs (which falls in line with all the other cutesy stuff) but other than that, I just love the series and hope it continues for a long time.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Oh come ooon KH is already mature. Just because Disney's in it doesn't mean KH isn't "mature". :s

KingOfHearts

I can't tell if that's an emoticon, or sarcasm, but no. KH has mature concepts at its core, bit is littered with childlike cheesiness that's completely cringe worthy. The core is strong enough to keep me sated, but if I could have the cheesy crap removed, I'd be twice as excited about the games.

Hirokey123

Awards
A really sign of maturity is the ability to appreciate the cheesiness, revel in it even, not recoil. The fact we can have cute little fluffy rainbow dog cat unicorn things bouncing around with joy one second; And heart wrenching moments where people try to find meaning in their existence while being thrown into an emotional turmoil the next....is what makes Kingdom Hearts so good and strong. The cheese is KH's biggest strength not its weakness, much like Disney itself. Kingdom Hearts without cheese is like a bagel without cheese, it's boring, plain, and been there done that. If you want FF play FF, let KH be KH.

KingOfHearts

I have to disagree. Not with its existence entirely, but it's execution. It gets very overt at times and id like it to be toned down. I obviously look past it regularly seeing as though I'm a fan, but this thread is about what we would like to see changed. And if I could have badass looking dream eaters fighting alongside me instead of cutesy fluffy dogs and what not, I would appreciate it.

Heartless have a perfect mixture of cute/badass that Nomura could've taken design ques from. Nobodies also have great designs, but there's nothing cute about them. I don't care for the unversed, but they're infinitely better than the dream eaters for me.

Last edited:

Hirokey123

Awards
I mean you can have that though as there is balance in terms of design. Or are you say a skeletal T-Rex with a head that can detach from its body to fly around, a Saber Tooth Tiger, big burly lion, ghost, Frog King knight, dragon, etc... aren't badass enough? I felt they struck a really nice variety of designs where you've got cool even scary ones, regal ones, cutesy ones, unsettling ones, etc... basically the whole spectrum of dreams are represented from good to bad. Not really any difference from the heartless besides DE's unearthly colors but given they are supposed to be a manifestation of dreams I think the unearthly color pallets help sell them as being creatures that could have only come from dreams. (also if it bothers you that much you can paint them mostly black or something, at least their main body color and once that's a dark shade it helps mute the rest of their colors due the way human eyes work.)

Also most lesser Nobodies are actually pretty adorable and huggable or are you telling me you've never wanted to cuddle a Dusk? I can safely say I must not be the only person who thinks so since Dusk plushies are a thing. I always felt most of the lesser Nobodies were designed to be a mix of unsettling and adorable, something you could see yourself being buddies with but also something that makes you hold them at arms length. Well except Dusks and creepers those things are just absolutely precious...not sure why only Dusks got a plush...

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
i'm sorry that you want your disney game to be badass, but personally I can't take Donald Duck yelling at Sephiroth seriously.

The game should play it's cards straight. It's a delicate balancing act, but KH is at it's best, tonally, when the JRPG elements and the Disney elements are both working at 50%.

For example, before you fight Riku-Ansem in Hollow Bastion, Goofy hits a force-field and falls over, and Donald whips around in bewilderment; the scene that follows is serious and exposition heavy; sure, it's a little jarring but Kingdom Hearts is a jarring franchise and really only succeeds when it revels in that fact.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I was serious when I said that. It's like Hirokey said: KH without cheesiness is plain. It's just so 0815-JRPG stuff and I'm glad KH has its cheesy, funny, upbeat moments.^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back