What's new

Welcome to Kingdom Hearts Insider

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ask a Mod

Ask Questions from your staff

Contact Staff

If you need additional information or have a concern please contact us.

• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How should the characters be treated going forward

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Reaction score
Awards
Good to know... I don't like several of those characters at all, jmo. My list of favorites are in my signature. But I can at least tolerate Terra since he's hot (and now we've come full circle :D ). Actually, now I have that on the brain, if hotness equaled popularity, Terra would be higher in the ranks, but he isn't. I don't think Riku's popularity is because he's cute either although it's probably one factor. Silver-haired bishonen and all that.
Well it’s true that Girls also simp for male characters but tbh you’ll find it more common that boys Simp for female characters more often😅, as a long time anime Fan I can confirm that, Terra despite being good looking and husbando material, honestly only few fans I see comment on his looks, while Aqua it became one of her traits of why she is a great character, there will be someone who must always mention how hot and waifu material she is.

Elysium

Villain by Necessity
Reaction score
Awards
I can't say I agree. I've literally never read anyone say they liked Aqua because she was hot, either here on KHI or on past forums like KHUltimania. But there are usually fanclubs for silver-haired bishies online. If it seems more common, I suppose it could be that gamers are predominately straight men... Probably the same reason the bitching over Atlantica and Arendelle are ever-present.

Regardless, Aqua isn't Cidney from Final Fantasy XV. I never realized the real life misogynist critiques of “She got where she is because of her looks” / “She slept her way to the top” could be translated into a dismissal of a fictional female character’s popularity as well, yet here we are.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Reaction score
Awards
I can't say I agree. I've literally never read anyone say they liked Aqua because she was hot, either here on KHI or on past forums like KHUltimania. But there are usually fanclubs for silver-haired bishies online. If it seems more common, I suppose it could be that gamers are predominately straight men... Probably the same reason the bitching over Atlantica and Arendelle are ever-present.

Regardless, Aqua isn't Cidney from Final Fantasy XV. I never realized the real life misogynist critiques of “She got where she is because of her looks” / “She slept her way to the top” could be translated into a dismissal of a fictional female character’s popularity as well, yet here we are.
Well don’t worry about that I no longer think her being hot is the main reason why she is popular, however what I said is that her being hot is one of the traits that make her popular, and tbh that’s kinda true in a way, in the past Aqua was one of my least favorite characters but now she is one of my favorites but I noticed most of the time Her looks are always mentioned when they talk about how great of a character she is, (ofc being attractive isn’t the issue) if I had to list everything about Aqua all the reasons I come across of what fans say when they say what they love about this character then here it is👇

1. She has the title of a keyblade Master
2. Her design is cool
3. She is selfless
4. Her fighting style and magic is awesome
5. She’s badass female keyblade wielder that can fight
6. She is motherly
7. She is Hot and a waifu material
8. She isn’t a useless female character
9. Step on me Anti-Aqua (lol the meme jokes)
10. She is legal

there are also inappropriate reasons like her chest and her exposed back and ofc 🍑، I don’t even want to go into detail lol

like I said Aqua has many reasons why fans love her, some are good reasons and some are not that important, however Roxas and few others outranks her for having more interesting unique reasons that actually make their character look cool and stand out and not because of their gender imo, many fangirls simp for Roxas for sure, and they would talk about his looks, still they often talk more about the stuff that what makes him great as a character, like his iconic dual wield and back story and other reasons as well

Also my bad I don’t want to drag this any longer since the topic isn’t about this soo that’s all I have to say.

Edit: I don’t agree that much with that Guest person said about Aqua, but I mainly replied to you cause I disagree with what you said about Roxas, he has many reasons why fans love him.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Reaction score
Awards
I think they should handle characters like what they did with aqua in 0.2 but as an episodes.

2-3 hours for each of them. Have kairi train and learn with aqua, isa and lea looking for subject X, MDG exploring scala etc. it won't take a full game and it will be enough for side stories and character development. they can make it as a DLC/season pass or whatever if there isn't enough time to add it with the base game.

Episode Kairi
Episode Subject X
Episode Mickey
or something like that.
i'm pretty sure that's what FFXV did.

but in reality we know it's not happening. and the only ones who are gonna get focus are Sora, Riku and Yozora.
I agree with this, maybe not entirely, but I still think it’s a cool idea to give characters their Episode Arc.

Elysium

Villain by Necessity
Reaction score
Awards
Your list has a lot of reformed/reforming villains in it, I sense you might have a bit of a type.
I do tend to enjoy villains because they're often more entertaining than protagonists. Growing up Disney villains used to be my favorite parts of most of those films, for example. :p KH doesn't have that many compelling antagonists, imo. I'm more attached to Vexen and Larxene when they were straight villains in CoM. Isa and Riku are a bit of a different case for me. While I thought they were both very good as villains, too, in 1 for Riku and 2 / Days for Saix, I was also attached to the evolving plots explaining why there was so much vitriol (mostly tied up in reactions to Sora and Lea, respectively). It's a question mark for me how much I'll like Larxene and Vexen once we get more of their past selves or recompleted selves going forward, if we even see very much of them.

I haven't stayed caught up with the mobile games, so I don't know how Elrena is depicted there. For some reason I imagine her being like Seifer.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6