• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How much do you guys think the game will sell?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
3 million in 3 years is extremely low and extremely bad. Tomb Raider 2013 sold 3.4 million in a month and it failed to hit Square Enix's expectations. No doubt they've fixed their expectations for game sales, but if KH3 sells 3 million in just 3 years then say goodbye to this franchise.

Fair enough. I suppose I'll adjust my number to 4-5 million. Looking at total sales, the spinoffs haven't sold too well. I mean 2.8 just passed 1 million after one year. It does look like the numbered games have sold better than the spinoffs by a significant amount, but without a new numbered game being in the market for some time, it makes you wonder how it will be perceived in the market.

If KH3 outsells KH2, then it will be huge bounce back for Square Enix and a reason to keep the series going.

Awards
Fair enough. I suppose I'll adjust my number to 4-5 million. Looking at total sales, the spinoffs haven't sold too well. I mean 2.8 just passed 1 million after one year. It does look like the numbered games have sold better than the spinoffs by a significant amount, but without a new numbered game being in the market for some time, it makes you wonder how it will be perceived in the market.

If KH3 outsells KH2, then it will be huge bounce back for Square Enix and a reason to keep the series going.

But the games that aren't numbered where mainly for handhelds and yet they surpassed the million seller mark

The hype and marketing for KHIII is supposed to be way bigger than any other handheld/re-release games you know? I think we will se a hit here tbh, and it is the biggest SE title this year so they are probably betting all their coins on this game.

Knuxpyro56

Its pretty much going to come down to this.

Did Square and Disney market the game hard enough?
Did KH3 show enough to grab anyone's attention?
When KH3 announced anything (trailers, screenshots, world reveals, etc), was there excitement?
And If there was excitement, was it notable enough for more than the hardcore KH fan to notice? (like when we saw at both D23 Expos)

IF they get a yes, then they are setting up a Grand Slam.

Neo_

Awards
The lack of faith people have in this series' popularity is ludicrous; the population is increasing, gamers are getting older and new ones are coming in. With the push of social media and YouTube, the over decade-long buildup and​ the fact it will be on PS4 and Xbox One, I do not see why this won't be the best-selling game in the series.

Malla

Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 isn't on Xbox for some reason, so I don't know how much Xbox owners will care. I wonder how well they can market it as a standalone. "Kingdom Hearts for fans and first timers"? Kingdom Hearts is pretty notorious in gaming circles for its convoluted plot. Casual players probably won't care. Witcher 3 was a massive breakout hit and most people didn't mind that they hadn't played Witcher 2 for example.

bagcifreak

I think the only games that actually sold "bad" were KHII and KHBBS. Cause all other titles had decent sales numbers (for their consoles). I'm sure they were expecting +3M for BBS like the FFVII Spin Off title. I still wonder why they didn't release it on PS3. Also KHII was such a huge jump ftom 7M (if you include FM) to 4,5M (if you include FM). I'm sure they expected lower numbers but not 2,5M lower :p

I really really really hope KHIII turns out to be the best selling game in the series after 1-1,5 years. I'm sure the sequel never happened back in the days cause KH2 and BBS didn't sell well enough to treat it like FF or their other big IP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back