• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How much do you guys think the game will sell?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
According to some searches that I did these are the sales:

Kingdom Hearts - 6.4 million
Kingdom Hearts II - 4.33 million
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - 2.08 million
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days - 1.99 million
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - 1.85 million
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - 1.60 million
Kingdom Hearts: Re: Coded - 0.93 million
Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories - 0.87 million

I didn't search the compilations sales but anyways how much do you guys think this game will sell? Do you think it will sell more or less than KHII?

I honestly don't know what to expect lol

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Over how many years? I'd say 3 million in 3 years. Just a guess.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While the trend has been in the downwards motion, I think KH3 will make more than KH2 by at least 1-1.5mil units. It will be the fastest selling game in the series.

Lifetime numbers will definitely surpass KH2, but I’m hesitant to believe they will reach KH1’s numbers.

I only say this because I think this game will draw in a lot of people to buy it because of properties like Frozen and Toy Story being included.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Having some Star Wars and Marvel material (not worlds but possible Easter eggs and characters) could help boost sales as well.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Kh3 is also a multiplatform title, so that might help boost sales. I know I'm gonna double dip if a switch version ever comes out. Kh3 on the go. Yes please!

Awards
Kh3 is also a multiplatform title, so that might help boost sales. I know I'm gonna double dip if a switch version ever comes out. Kh3 on the go. Yes please!

I keep forgetting about the Xbox one lol

I'd say 6-7 million is likely.

I would love to see KH3 coming for KH1 wig but I don't think so lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I think it'll be second highest at least. So 5 million? There's been a lot of anticipation and constant reminders with the remixes. Plus the remixes probably has brought a lot of new fans. I think many people will treat KH3 as the last hurrah (although future titles will be made) and the sales will be higher than expected. However Xbox One copies will probably be pitiful compared to PS4. I mean they weren't introduced to remixes, and there isn't any exposure to loyal Xbox fans. They better make three times as many PS4 copies if they're smart.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Over how many years? I'd say 3 million in 3 years. Just a guess.
3 million in 3 years is extremely low and extremely bad. Tomb Raider 2013 sold 3.4 million in a month and it failed to hit Square Enix's expectations. No doubt they've fixed their expectations for game sales, but if KH3 sells 3 million in just 3 years then say goodbye to this franchise.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
No i do not want Kingdom Hearts III on the Switch cause if they do then it'll get delayed again and we can't let that happen
Nomura already said if any KH games were to go on Switch, or the ReMIX collections on Xbox One, they would come after KH3 has released.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Nomura already said if any KH games were to go on Switch, or the ReMIX collections on Xbox One, they would come after KH3 has released.
Dang... With all those remixes they could go another ten years before KH4 and/or the new saga comes out.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I think giving this is a series that has been made famous due to it's story, the pre-order/first day sales of KH3 will be incredible. People are going to be scared of getting spoiled accidentally so they will want to finish the game asap.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They have two teams that work on the KH series, it's not going to take forever for the next saga. A year or two, that's it

There is only one team on KH. Unless you are thinking about back when the staff in Tokyo worked on the series during the KH2 era, and Osaka was the side game team.

Let me update your knowledge a bit:

Back in 2007, the bulk of the staff that was working on Versus XIII was moved to XIII to help them finish the game. Then some of them were shifted back to Versus XIII for like a year while the rest worked on XIII-2 with tri-Ace and others were moved to Type-0.

Some quit, moved companies, moved departments. Some were working on what was Nomura's XV while some remaining staff worked on LRFF. What happened from there was that the Type-0 team joined up with the XV staff in 2014...then Nomura got booted from XV. Whatever staff remained around was likely part of XV, Mobius, or might be on FFVIIR. It's a little too much to keep track of it now, but that is the general gist of it.

All the while, Osaka was pretty much made the de-facto KH department. BBS was a big success for them, there was a shelved project they were working on, and then KH3D.

SE restructured their divisions so they are now called "Business Division 1/2/3/etc." Business Division 1 is the staff in Tokyo, with a primary focus on mainline FF and FFVIIR, helmed by Kitase. Business Division 2 is the other staff in Tokyo that worked on FFXV, Type-0 HD, Agni's Philosophy/Project WITCH, helmed by Tabata. Business Division 3 is the Osaka staff, working on KH and helmed by Hashimoto.

TL;DR

There are not two teams that work on KH. That went out the door in 2013. Probably even before then.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I think giving this is a series that has been made famous due to it's story, the pre-order/first day sales of KH3 will be incredible. People are going to be scared of getting spoiled accidentally so they will want to finish the game asap.

I think so, too, especially if there's a simultanous release around the world, which would make the possibility of being spoiled immediately even higher.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There are not two teams that work on KH. That went out the door in 2013. Probably even before then.
Maybe Oathkeeper was confused and thought the small number of individuals who made the ReMIX's were a separate team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back