• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How much do you guys think the game will sell?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It was for the KH series?

Yes, it was a project that went into development after BBS. They refer to it a few times in interviews, and whenever asked they said it wasn’t Re:coded, wasn’t BBSv2, and it wasn’t what KH3D ended up being.

Give me a bit and I’ll pull up the interviews.

Awards
Yes, it was a project that went into development after BBS. They refer to it a few times in interviews, and whenever asked they said it wasn’t Re:coded, wasn’t BBSv2, and it wasn’t what KH3D ended up being.

Oh thanks! I wonder what happened

Awards
I was thinking about this again today, I have a feeling this might surpass our expectations, even with the leaks I felt such a huge hype for the last trailer and Utada song so this MIGHT surpass KHI sales IMO

I'm still waiting lol

jk

Knuxpyro56

I think with the recent trend of the rise and return of the Japanese Triple A game, Kingdom Hearts 3 will be the fastest selling game in the series. I think they will also benefit themselves if Sony puts Kingdom Hearts 3 as part of their "Best Place to Play" Lineup. After all it worked really well for Monster Hunter and Street Fighter 5 being in the Sony Advertisements.

Then again, Final Fantasy XV didn't even have a Playstation commercial, and that game sold well regardless (and it did have a PS4 bundle, so did MHW)

I'd say 5 million sales. It should note that there is no doubt that Disney would like to advertise it as well, since it seems to be focusing on the more recent franchises.

notnow123487

Awards
It will sell very well so long as it doesn’t suck as a game. This is Square Enix’s big title for 2018 and their biggest title since fFFXV, ignoring their western stuff. It seems like they’re on a every two year schedule for giant AAA game. They’re going to put everything they’ve got into selling this game with the help of Disney. Unlike when the first two came out Square was pushing out big games more frequently so not as much was put into KH. It’s going to surpass five million for sure again so long as it doesn’t suck the same way FFXV did although maybe a bit slower since final fantasy is a bigger franchise.

Swing

Awards
Hard to say to be honest. My inner voice tells me, that it will be less than KH2. The interest of the main stream audience in KH has dropped over the years. But on the other hand it is no longer exclusive and it will have Frozen in it and the kids love Frozen so much. Hard to say.

Awards
Hard to say to be honest. My inner voice tells me, that it will be less than KH2. The interest of the main stream audience in KH has dropped over the years. But on the other hand it is no longer exclusive and it will have Frozen in it and the kids love Frozen so much. Hard to say.

If it sells less than KHII I think it's safe to say that we might say goodbye to this franchise lol

Swing

Awards
If it sells less than KHII I think it's safe to say that we might say goodbye to this franchise lol

Well it depends how much money they put into KH3. I have no ideas how much a game like that cost. But it also depends on how many people are still interested in KH. Back than on the PS2, my friends and family loved KH to death, but after a while almost all of us lost interest in the series.

Awards
Well it depends how much money they put into KH3. I have no ideas how much a game like that cost. But it also depends on how many people are still interested in KH. Back than on the PS2, my friends and family loved KH to death, but after a while almost all of us lost interest in the series.

The fact that they have the largest team ever for background modelling development means that this ain't cheap lol

bagcifreak

So according to SE FF15 sold +7M copies (physical + digital) until the end of January 2018 (1 year 2 months) and the Windows & Royal Edition have yet to come out. I expect the Windows Edition to sell at least 1-2 million copies and I'm sure the Royal Edition will sell a few hundred thousand times too.

Do you think KH3 can achieve a similar success? Cause SE is hoping to sell 10M copies of FF15. Considering how high the budget for the game probably was I'm betting they expect at least 7-10M copies for KH3 too. It really depends on if the game ends up coming out for the PC and Switch too I guess...

Awards
So according to SE FF15 sold +7M copies (physical + digital) until the end of January 2018 (1 year 2 months) and the Windows & Royal Edition have yet to come out. I expect the Windows Edition to sell at least 1-2 million copies and I'm sure the Royal Edition will sell a few hundred thousand times too.

Do you think KH3 can achieve a similar success? Cause SE is hoping to sell 10M copies of FF15. Considering how high the budget for the game probably was I'm betting they expect at least 7-10M copies for KH3 too. It really depends on if the game ends up coming out for the PC and Switch too I guess...

IMO they don't need a Windows version of this game to achieve success with this game, the fact that it is already coming for XBox One it will already give the game a little bit of boost on the sales, I can see the game doing something like 6 to 10 million if they market right.

There's also DLC's and all this kind of stuff but yeah, I think KHIII can achieve FFXV success

A Switch version will be cute and it will help!

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
If the game comes to the Switch, I'll probably buy it again (maybe the Japanese version since there is never a language option for KH games...)

Awards
I'm legit surprised KH2 [all versions] sold the best in Japan!!! (source: https://sites.google.com/site/gamedatalibrary/game-search)

I really believe KH3 will outsell all other KHs, mainly because the IP recognition is super strong!

it will be the persona of FFs. lmao!

The FFs? lol

If the game comes to the Switch, I'll probably buy it again (maybe the Japanese version since there is never a language option for KH games...)

Yeah I'll probably buy a Japanese version if they ended up releasing this to Switch

saad

^
Final Fantasies*. they literally added Sora in WOFF to push sales + the thing they are doing now with record keeper.

bagcifreak

IMO they don't need a Windows version of this game to achieve success with this game, the fact that it is already coming for XBox One it will already give the game a little bit of boost on the sales, I can see the game doing something like 6 to 10 million if they market right.

There's also DLC's and all this kind of stuff but yeah, I think KHIII can achieve FFXV success

A Switch version will be cute and it will help!

I just like it when a game is available to everyone. I get that the PC version comes out later because of steam's crazy sales but I think it would be cute to be able to play KH3 on the PC someday because I feel like more and mor people switch from consoles to computers. I would also live for a KH3 Pocket version lmao.

Awards
I just like it when a game is available to everyone. I get that the PC version comes out later because of steam's crazy sales but I think it would be cute to be able to play KH3 on the PC someday because I feel like more and mor people switch from consoles to computers. I would also live for a KH3 Pocket version lmao.

I really don't care if it comes out for PC tbh, I pocket version would be cute lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back