• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

how long did it take you to beat Xenosaga I ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrcEnigma

It took me about 47 hours to finish Xeno I (finished about a year and a half ago), and about 31 hours to beat Xeno II (finished around the 20th of February). I play RPGs for their storylines mostly, so I don't skip scenes and usually take my time going through the games. It just doesn't make any sense to me to go and buy a full-priced game and then rush through it in 10-20 hours. More so since RPGs, especially Xenosaga, are heavily driven by their storylines.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
You... skipped cutscenes in Xenosaga? O_O
I finished it somewhere 'round the 25 hour mark... I remember Episode II took a bit longer.

Dark Otaku

i did not skip a lot of them. the ones that i almost fell asleep through are the only ones i skipped through. but i already have seen the ones i skipped so i dont need to see them twice. (i always started a new game at the song of nephilim because i am always stuck at that part.

M

MegaFlare

Around 70 hours. I explored everywhere, and the battles were fun :-D

I loved it.

DreamCaster

Website
www.xanga.com
Dark Otaku said:
it took me 20 something hours. i skipped some scenes though. just finished it today. you guys?

Ehhhh?! Xenosaga isn't a game. It's more like a DVD movie where you ocassionally have to fight some monsters for 20 mins, then watch 40 - 60 min of the movie. I definitly played it for the storyline, the game part was just something to do to keep me busy (I played, or should I say "watched," it for, like, 4 - 6 hours a day for a week, so I'm guessing about 30 hours or so to beat).

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It took me around 56 hours. I did most of the extra stuff, but not all. =o I enjoyed it so much, and wanted more, but I didn't want Xeno 2. >>

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
I don't understand this hate toward Xenosaga Episode 2. It is far superior to the original.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
OOO! Yay! Argumental Discussions! =D

^Why do you think Xenosaga 2 is better then the first?

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
1. Different music. Dared deviate from the norm.
2. Better graphics- including the redesigned characters.
3. Improved gameplay.
4. The story gets a lot more interesting.

That's all I need, really. Dunno about the rest of you.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
1. Deviate from the norm? You mean techno music? Techno music is used alot in games, and this music actually made me turn my TV to Mute, expect during cutscenes. x_X;

2. Kos Mos = Ugliest piece of ugliness on the planet + preppy high school trying to act like a robot voiceover.

Ziggy = Didn't change, but the slightly altered Ziggy looks too anerxic.

Shion = Let's do what Square did with Yuna, and it didn't work. =D Yuna in X-2 was still liked by some people, but in this, shion just isnt shion.

Chaos = Chaos equal better, but I miss the anime face. >>; Later on I'll get to something about the graphics in general.

Jr = Same as Chaos

Momo = Change too big, almost to the point where it's not even momo.

Okay, now for redisgning the charecters in general: The excuse the designers gave for the new graphics, was to make charecter expressions more realisitc. The charecter expressions and emotions were not near the greatness of Xeno 1 and were done horribly. Not once did I feel sad, and this is horrible considering Xeno 2 has some very emotional cutscenes, but it just DOESNT work.

Gameplay: I thought the O ^ X thing worked VERY VERY well, as did the zones. But, stocking up ruined it. It was always stock, stock, stock, attack, repeat. And it asnt even fun anymore. Next, double attacks, you dont even need them. The skill system was dumbed down beyond stupidty. ALL my charecters had basically the same set of skills.

Story: The story is SUPPOSED to get better. Too bad they threw out the ORIGINAL scriptwriters, and CHANGED the story, and cut out everything good. That's right folks. the Xenosaga you see in part 2, isn't what it was originally SUPPOSED to be, and in 3, it'll be totally changed. The Xeno Universe is over!

=D

M

MegaFlare

I tend to agree with Monkey here. Some of the different voices made the characters seem to have different personalities than the first one. Shion's voice came off as "sweet" in the first Xenosaga, but in the second one, her voice made her sound kinda rude and whiney. I hated the change. Though, her look was better. ^^

As for the battles, as much as I liked the double techs, the battles from Xenosaga were more fun to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back