• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How it could have been

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Just thinking about how the series would have been if some changes didn't happen. The hilarious nature of Xehanort saying, "And a great Chainsaw War raged!" in a Disney game is pretty amusing to me. Lol

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Chances are if the game had followed the earliest visions, Xehanort wouldn't even exist to say anything hammy like that.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
a lion fighting leon with lionheart keyblade
mickey mouse shaking b/w mickey's hand
mickey mouse impaling himself
mickey mouse voiced by haley joel osment
mickey mouse WITH A CHAINSAW

honestly? the series would have A. been much different, B. flopped, or C. not made it past the chopping block.

Anagram

Banned
I wonder constantly these days what the series would've been like had so many unintended titles and rushing happened.

Chain of Memories? Basically boils down to fan request, nay, children request.
Days? That's all nintendo's doing.
Coded? Just sorta happened.
DDD? HAD to happen by this point to tie together all these loose and scattered things for KH3 and set up KH3 itself.

BBS too had changes. It went from the PS2 title we see in early trailers teasing the infamous "evil Terra" to this PSP game that is a mixed bag of love/hate for most. Your either love it, like it, tolerate it for a specific character, or like the game but hate how it introduced some things.

KH2 as well suffered heavily from rushing and translation error. Its why the final mix had so much more added content. To this day a few errors remain such as Roxas's line "Why did he choose you!?". The actual japanese dialogue is more or less asking why Sora was choosen in general. There is no he, she or it's in japanese Roxas's words.
Braig was also misspelled. lol

All in all you can clearly tell it's a series that's been made as it goes because of KH1's expected status as a standalone. Even the Deep Dive trailer was just vague ideas. The Org coats so famous now was originally there because Roxas & Riku didn't have designs yet at that stage.
Nomura was just leaving something in case a sequel happened. lol

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
a lion fighting leon with lionheart keyblade
mickey mouse shaking b/w mickey's hand
mickey mouse impaling himself
mickey mouse voiced by haley joel osment
mickey mouse WITH A CHAINSAW

honestly? the series would have A. been much different, B. flopped, or C. not made it past the chopping block.

MICKEY MOUSE WITH A CHAINSAW

GREATEST THING EVER

Ven_Roxas

Awards
The point of my post was more of "imagine if". lol like how would SE pitch the idea to Disney?
"we want to make a game, where Mickey hacks away at other beloved Disney characters with a chainsaw!" lol.

i think the whole idea of keeping everything the exact same as it is, just replacing every keyblade with a chainsaw is just amusing to me. like the chain to return hearts, or mickey's letter to donald and goofy may have read, "find the unbreakable chain" instead of "find the key". lol. the entire series would seem to have more... gore? lol. I'm just imagining the final strike against the heartless in wonderland preceded with sora (or mickey if were going back even further with what could have been) saying, "off with your head". then the final blow cuts off the heartless head. lol.

all the while, I'm imagining the series would have played out a little more like the sharnado series, chainsaws and bad puns.
http://static3.consumerreportscdn.o...rticles/home_garden/Sharnado2_screenshot2.jpg

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The point of my post was more of "imagine if". lol like how would SE pitch the idea to Disney?
"we want to make a game, where Mickey hacks away at other beloved Disney characters with a chainsaw!" lol.
That's pretty much how it went.
And their response was literally "........"

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
What it could have been: A Donald game. That's what Disney wanted(originally) right?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What it could have been: A Donald game. That's what Disney wanted(originally) right?

Or a Mickey game.

If I remember correctly, Squaresoft was gung-ho on having Mickey as the main character while Disney insisted on using Donald in the role (which is somewhat odd since Mickey is their own mascot and much more "capable" than Donald, who's mostly a quacking idiot with a temper) and in the end Nomura was like "fuck you both if you cannot come to an agreement, we'll use an entirely original character as the main protag then" and that was the birth of the first "lion"-Sora design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back