• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

how do you beat xaldin

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_knight19

i am trying to beat xaldin on expert and i keep losing to him. i really need help. please. like what level should i be when fighting him.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I rest my case that he is the hardest boss at that point in the game lol.

Just make sure you keep up your attacks. Valour form was the most useful, I found.

When he does the dragon thing, try and outrun and jump over it...

I can't say much else really... Oh, and try move around as much as you can when attacking him

Ultima Power

OK, 2 things:

1. Maitaj, I would say Sephroth is the HARDEST boss in the game, 10 times harder than Xaldin.

2. I can help you with defeating Xaldin. Here's how to beat him:

You should be at least level 35 for this battle. Be equipped with Hi-Potions, ethers, and all kind of medicines.
Now, in the beginnig of the battle, Xaldin will surround himself with his wepeons, so DO NOT go next to him, don't attack him at all. I would suggest you get Goofy to the party, and use Knocksmash immediately. Now Xaldin will begin to start slashing you with his lances, so block them with guard. Later on, Xaldin will jump into the air, and slash down towards you. Here's the important part. When he is about to slash down, jump into he air when he lands, and the Reaction Command 'Learn' will appear Press triangle as much as you can. Your attack command will turn into 'Jump' or 'Jump x(number of times you get learn)'. Immediately begin attacking with Jump. This will unleash Sora into the air, and slash down onto Xaldin. This infilicts quite a lot of damage, and gives you a chance to dodge his attacks. Later on, Xaldin gets serious, and begins glowing green, and this is where you have to RUN AWAY, since he will unleash a lot of attacks, that do a lot of damage. Then, Xaldin will ride his lances, and they will form a dragon on the side of the battle area. Preferably, do not stay on the side, since this attack may hit you twice, so stay in the middle. Now, when the tornado comes towards you, Reflect immediatly, so you can protect yourself. There is a way you can dodge this tornado, by using High Jump level 3 obtained from Valor Form. Anyway, there will be times where Xaldin will repeat his moves, so just do the same things I told you and you should be safe. If you want to do some damage, I suggest summoning Genie, and turn him into Valor, since Rave does quite a lot of damage.
If you die, do not start panicing, since there will be the possibility that King Mickey may save you, so just use the Pearl attack when you are using him.

Phew, this took me long to type ;)

Anyway, good luck in defeating him and completing the game.

Last edited:

MrXIII

As you say you are playing on expert mode, and since the recommended level is Level 40, I think, I'd suggest you add a few levels on top of it (maybe 43 or so) if you want to play safe. It is HIGHLY recommended to have Donald in the battle party during the fight.

It is a wise idea to have high leveled High Jump and Aerial Dodge (the growth (?) abilities you obtain from leveling up Valor and Master Form), and active during battle, as well as Reflect and Cure on your shortcut buttons. You may want to switch off Donald's spells except for Cure, as he won't run out of MP then, and he might save your life with it. Guard is an absolute requirement for this battle, have it on at all times. Xaldin's main advantage is that running straight into him will get you knocked back by the wind shield (which looks a lot like Aeroga from KH1), so try to learn his attack rhythm and timing so that you can Guard accordingly. While guarding, try to jab in a few Triangle button presses to hopefully get a few "Jump"s activated. IMO it's not worth it to save up a few jumps to unleash a huge... um... kangaroo attack on him, 'cause he will shred Donald and Goofy (or the Beast) in the mean time, and keeping them at high health might mean Donald can save his Cure for you instead. "Jump" onto him and give him a taste of ONE full combo, retreat after that to avoid him recovering in between and knocking you back.

When Xaldin turns invincible and starts comboing you back and forth, spam Guard, not Reflect, to block his attacks and save MP. You shouldn't be too near him anyway if you followed my advice up to now, so you should see his dark-green aura and first attack in time to Guard against. After he jumps onto his lances to prepare for the giant wind tornado attack, immediately run to the middle of the bridge. The tornado can be dodged by High Jumping and Aerial Dodging it, but this will not work if you stay in one corner. Also, the very moment you Aerial Dodge, you parry (deflect) all attacks on you, therefore the tornado SHOULDN'T hurt you (it's too long ago that I tried this, so I'm not sure anymore).

Absolutely avoid Drive Forms in this battle, UNLESS YOU ARE DYING. Using any Drive Form, especially Valor, leaves you unable to use Guard, which you need to block just about ALL of Xaldin's attacks, unless you think you can dodge them (Master and Wisdom Form at least still leave you Reflect). If you have to switch, and have the choice, switch to Master, otherwise Wisdom. I repeat... Valor IS NOT A GOOD IDEA. Also, there's a high chance of switching into Anti-Form instead of your desired form during a battle against an OrgXIII member, which is pretty much an instant death sentence, especially when facing Xaldin's annoying combo and tornado mode.

Hope this helps.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
OK heres the rundown

1.Be atleast level 30 or 40.
2.Have reflect on the shortcuts, blizzard on th shortcuts, cure on the shortcuts, and ETHERS!!!
3.Use drives like Wisdom form. you want to be able to stay away from him and attack, by mobile action and the shooting.
4. dont use valor. you need to be close range for valor. that will kill you becuase even though xaldin flinches, you can still be countered.

Hope you do good!:thumbsup:

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
To be honest Xaldin is one of the easiest bosses in this game even on Critical I didn't die or have to use Mickey to beat him.

All you do is:

Guard when he lunges his spears at you to stop his attack and gather reaction commands, depending on how fast you are you can stock about 7.

Dash (Dodge Roll if you have Final Mix) when he tries to shoot you with his wind orbs, he usually fires them twice.

Aerial Dodge or Dash while simultaneously pushing triangle when he uses his ground strikes (The phase of the battle where he disappears and tries to strike you repeatedly with his spears)

For the best possible results of hitting him with a reaction command, make sure you stun him first (I.E block on of his physical strikes) then use your stocked RCs.

During the berserk phase all one need do is dash, dodge roll, or aerial dodge to get away from his physical strikes. When he actually fires his blast at you just to be safe use reflect.

Also: When his wind shield is down lay down a solid aerial combo or limit onto him.

Also: During the second phase of the battle after you've taken enough of his health and he's used his berserk attacks, he'll flash around the area. Instead of using Reflect, double jump and aerial dodge just as he's about to strike you and cast Magnet which locks him in places and for the majority of the time forces him to use his "ground strike" attack in which case you repeat the process i added above.

Trust me I beat him no problem 3 minutes tops.​

Ienzo_VI

what I did for the part where he teleports and attacks from above was that i had jumped while i was running and tapped triangle in midair. You might get hit the first time you try this, but you will get the hang of it really fast.

also when I was was fighting him, i used reflect as many times as I could before i had to use cure, since you can use cure even if you have 1 mp.Don't let you other magic spells besides cure go to waste.

Another technique is to watch your distance and know when to come close to attack. When he is cloaked in a whirlwind, just stay back and fire off a couple of blizzards at him if you want to. when it wears off go in to attack but be careful. Retreat if you think you need to or you sense his beserk attack coming.

Good luck, and if this advice doesn't work, I'd be willing to help you out some more

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Hope this helps, first off when you face Xaldin, try to dodge his attacks, use reaction commands, hit him, and try to make sure you save potions and such but also use it when you need it. I heard the best way to actually defeat him is keep running when he has that dragon thing going on and attack him when he's not invincible" or whatever mode and that King Mickey should help not only heal Sora but also attack Xaldin too if Sora's down.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
I really hate these kinds of questions...

There is only one way to beat a boss you cant beat....

LVL UP, train, work hard, and it'll be easy. Keep reflect handy, along with cure, and memorize his attacks and pattern of attacking

TrueRoxas527

When battling him, just use Reflect CONSTANTLY. You will need to especially when he does that glowing move where he attacks non-stop for a minute. Also, use Mickey to heal Sora only. Don't bother attacking Xaldin, he will just hurt you.

Also, the Semi-final round against Cloud, Tifa, Leon and Yuffie is the hardest part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back