• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How can Riku perform the MoM exam without a Keyblade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
3D is apparently supposed to be about Sora and Riku taking the Mark of Mastery exam to become Keyblade Masters, but Riku isn't even wielding a Keyblade in the game, he's wielding the Soul Eater.... has anyone thought about that and wondered how he can take the exam?

Light

faster than
Awards
Possibly I have a suggestion. In the Xehanort Reports it says something about Keyblades being Man-made.
Maybe Riku has made a Keyblade by using his heart.

Samhain

Bronze Member
there is no more soul eater
it changed into the way to dawn which is a REAL keyblade

close this topic plz

Awards
there is no more soul eater
it changed into the way to dawn which is a REAL keyblade

close this topic plz

this topic doesn't need to be closed because in the game he obviously has the Soul Eater SWORD and not Way to the Dawn.

Stars

リク
Yeah, from the scan he is weilding a Soul Eater, not Way to the Dawn.
Soul Eater is a keyblade too, he can use it to perform the MoM.

Samhain

Bronze Member
this topic doesn't need to be closed because in the game he obviously has the Soul Eater SWORD and not Way to the Dawn.

its only because somehow they are playing through the kh1 version for some odd reason. notice sora's clothes are KH1 NOT KH2.

it's probably an illusion. either way. The Soul Eater changed into the Way to Dawn which IS a keyblade. the soul eater is not a keyblade. but it changed into one later anyway in kh2. so yes riku has a keyblade.

Awards
its only because somehow they are playing through the kh1 version for some odd reason. notice sora's clothes are KH1 NOT KH2.

it's probably an illusion. either way. The Soul Eater changed into the Way to Dawn which IS a keyblade. the soul eater is not a keyblade. but it changed into one later anyway in kh2. so yes riku has a keyblade.

Yeah i know he has a keyblade, but he's not using it! He's using the soul eater. I never said Riku DIDN'T have a Keyblade at all, I said he doesn't have one in THIS GAME being Kingdom Hearts 3D!

Samhain

Bronze Member
and i said it's an ILLUSION
they probably just reverted back to the KH1 style

LOOK AT SORA'S CLOTHING. it tells you everything.

Awards
and i said it's an ILLUSION
they probably just reverted back to the KH1 style

LOOK AT SORA'S CLOTHING. it tells you everything.

I know that they look the way they do in KH1. I'm not blind. And you don't know that it's just an illusion. We don't know anything about this game.

Crystal

Silver Member
Yeah, from the scan he is weilding a Soul Eater, not Way to the Dawn.
Soul Eater is a keyblade too, he can use it to perform the MoM.

Wait. What's the difference between Soul Eater and Way to Dawn?

captain

Bronze Member
He does have a Keyblade; his sword Soul Eater is actually a Keyblade (i guess it's just corrupted by darkness or whatever?) But it changed into Way to Dawn Keyblade

Soul Eater is just his default weapon like Kingdom Key is Sora's

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Um...

1) Soul Eater is a sword, not a keyblade.
2) Riku's Soul Eater either became Way to the Dawn or he dumped it when he got Way to the Dawn.
3) Swords can become keyblades; we have seen this in KH1 with Sora's toy sword. Stop saying that Soul Eater is a keyblade.
4) Later on in the game, Riku could obtain his keyblade and take the Mark of Mastery Exam. No one said that it has to happen in the beginning part of the game.
5) Advertisements lie. When we get the game, it's likely that the Soul Eater will be nowhere in sight.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Okay for all of those saying Soul Eater is a Keyblade and is the same thing as Way to Dawn, you're WRONG! Nomura already said Soul Eater is just a sword appearantly forged from darkness, and that soul eater was used as an intermediate weapon for Way to Dawn. It's true that soul Eater DID become Way to Dawn but the process of how it became a keyblade is unknown.

Supernova Zander

Calling Soul Eater a sword doesn't make much of a difference as to whether or not it's a Keyblade, as ALL Keyblades are technically swords, just with unique properties. Soul Eater was the intermediary to Way to the Dawn, so it was only half a Keyblade, but it's still a Keyblade none-the-less. Riku goes around bashing Heartless with it, and they release hearts, which only Keyblades can do.

PianoxLullaby

Website
www.pianoxlullaby.deviantart.com
This is also my response to everyone saying Soul Eater is a Keyblade.

Uhm, didn't Riku use Soul Eater BEFORE he knew he was the "true Chosen One" in KH1? I'm pretty sure he used that in the battles where he was present before this time and after. I'm pretty sure the kid would've known he was a Keyblade wielder if he'd been using Soul Eater the whole time and it was supposed to be a Keyblade, which it is not. It doesn't even have a Keychain and the design is so foreign to a normal Keyblade type that it's just not all that plausible. =\

Don't believe me? Watch him "help" you fight Monstro the first time in KH1: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 1 - Parasite Cage 1 (Monstro) (Expert) (Starts at about 3:20)

Anyways, to the OP:

Yeah, that is quite the question. Hopefully they'll think about that and give Riku Way to Dawn instead. Or maybe by this point he WILL have WtD and you can use it (perhaps the cutscenes are workable around which weapon you're using at the time?)

I honestly have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back