• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Hidden Thoughts, Forgotten Memories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XionXIVRikuXV

Sorry for being so confusing... It's just the way I write. Ready to be confused even more? I promise all will be explained in due time... And yes, I mean to keep that promise. So... feeling stoked cuz I just got home from Tokyo Disneyland (Awesome place, by the way. Could use some sea-salt ice cream though. I heard there was some next door >_<), so I'm going to have an ADD introduction today. Sorry. Not sure if that's good or bad...? Well, either way... Chapter 9, here we go!

*~Chapter 9~*

“Alyx? You there?”

Alyx jolted awake, and almost fell out of her tree. She peered cautiously over the sides of the branches that kept her from falling. She spotted Roxas below her, looking up at the tree she was in.

“Coming,” she called down. Alyx disentangled herself from the tree’s branches and dropped down to join Roxas.

“’Sup?”

“Saix said he wanted to talk to you,” Roxas replied, looking a bit nervous.

“Huh? Why send you out to get me when I’m coming?”

“He says he went to your room and you weren’t there. So…”

“Shit. Knew someone was gong notice sooner or later,” Alyx remarked. She sighed. “Guess I better get going then. Don’t wanna keep Saix waiting.” She turned to walk off, then stopped.

“How did you know where to find me, Roxas?” she inquired, glancing back over her shoulder. Roxas shrugged.

“I just figured.”

“Oh. Well, thanks.”

“For what?”

“Better you coming to find me than Saix.” She opened a dark portal, and stepped in before Roxas could reply.

| ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ |

“You sent for me, Saix?” Alyx stepped out of the portal into the Grey Room.

“Alyxa. Lord Xemnas has a special mission for you, to be done post-haste,” Saix said without directly responding to her question. Alyx spared a quick glance around the room, to find it was empty.

“You’ll be going to the Ruins, alone. The Heartless have been gathering there again, and in greater numbers that before. Your mission is to eradicate them, and collect hearts.” Alyx nodded, then opened a dark portal for herself. She stepped in, and was gone.

The stars shone brightly in the sky, though no moon was visible, and the tress cast unusual shadows. A dark portal opened, and Alyx stumbled out, injured and drained of both physical energy and magic. She managed to stagger towards a tree, then collapsed at its roots. Her outstretched right leg had a long gash, and blood flowed steadily from it.

“Damn, damn, damn…” Alyx muttered, cursing under her breath. “How do they know? Damn…” She felt a familiar presence at the back of her mind. Wearily, she opened her mind, concentrating solely on that, ignoring the throbbing pain coming from her leg. The same female voice from before spoke first, her voice portraying the worry that Alyx could not physically see.

“Alyx! What happened?”

“It’s no good to panic now. I’m coming whether you like it or not Alyxa,” the slightly-monotone voice spoke next.

“No! You can’t! They already suspect me…” Alyx argued weakly.

“And if they decide to do something to you? You’re in no shape to defend yourself. You know that, Alyxa.” She could almost see his cobalt eyes boring into her, even though he wasn’t actually present.

“Fine, Master,” she agreed through gritted teeth. As their presence began to slip, she realized something.

“Wait… he’s missing…” she mumbled, and the slipped into the black void that consumed her.

XionXIVRikuXV

Yes, Alyx got beat up... not by people either, per say. Just think about the mission and that aspect will become clear... -ish. And the person who is missing... that will be revealed soon. Well, either way... I once again apologize for being so confusing. All of you who read my stories and manage to even partially understand them gets kudos from me. Major kudos. And thanks so much for bearing with me and my terrible writing skills! By the way... things start getting really weird from here on out. And I mean really weird. So... bear with me please! The major action of this chapter was requested (*cough*forceduponme*cough*) by a really good friend and a major editor. Thanks, Zelda, if you ever read this. Turns out it may have added to the storyline in the end. *sarcastic cheer* Anyways... erm... Chapter 10, here we go! *extremely awkward chapter*

*~Chapter 10~*

“Alyxa?” Her eyes fluttered open at the sound of her name, and she was ready to argue before she saw who it was. She closed her eyes again, and took a deep breath, causing the previously-faint throb in her head to turn into an all-too-noticeable buzz.

“Hello, Master.” She opened her eyes again, seeing Sora standing over, while the other person knelt next to her. “And you too, Sora.”

The man kneeling next to her was tall; as tall as, if not taller than, Axel. His brown hair flipped up in the back, and spiked slightly at the top. His cobalt blue eyes looked at her worriedly, with a small, almost undetectable hint of laughter in them.

“So, the almighty Alyxa meets her demise at last,” he jeered.

“Oh, shut it,” Alyx snapped weakly. The man’s face relaxed slightly upon hearing her retort.

“Oh, before I forget your friend here was worried,” he added, gesturing towards Sora, who smiled slightly.

“Oh, right. Sora, this is my master, Terra,” Alyx explained.

“Former master,” the man, Terra, corrected. “Alyxa here is a master herself now.”

“Yet my master still refuses to call me Alyx, as you can see.”

“And you still refuse to address me as Terra as well.”

“Only because you call me Alyxa, Master.”

“Wait,” Sora interjected, confused. “How does this work, now?”

Alyx looked at Sora and said,” Terra was my master. I was the apprentice. But, since he refuses to call me Alyx, I refuse to call him Terra. Thus why I call him Master and he calls me Alyxa.”

“Apprentice of what?”

“Sora, is it that hard to grasp that someone had to have taught me how to fight like I do? Because it sure wasn’t the rocks or the grass.”

“Uh…”

“Ok. Let me spell it out for you. I was apprenticed, by choice, to three Keyblade Masters. Terra is one of them. After so much time, learning everything I could from each of them, I took a test of sorts. They told me to eliminate all of the Heartless in one world, and I’m assuming they watched me.” Terra nodded a confirmation. “So, I guess I passed and now I’m a master.”

“Oh,” Sora breathed, looking much less confused than before.

“Yes. Do you understand that now?” Sora nodded. He opened his mouth to say something else, then gasped, his blue eyes going wide as he saw her leg.

“W-what happened to your leg?”

“Oh. That’s a long story you can hear later.” Looking at Terra, she added, “And would you mind doing something about it?”

“Is the mighty Alyxa asking for assistance?” Terra jeered, and Alyx had to bite back a retort as he continued. “Even so, I can’t. Your wards on this area are strong. That’s smart of you. Though they did take a while to get through…” Alyx gave a small laugh, grinning.

“So, even my powerful master had troubles with my humble wards?”

“They were powerful,” he said simply.

“Care to do the honors then, Sora?”

“Huh? Oh. Um, sure.” Sora summoned his Keyblade, the Kingdom Key, and opened his mouth to say the word to trigger his magic.

“If you wait any longer, we’re gonna have some company, Sora,” Alyx hissed in warning. Terra shot her a warning glance, which doubled as a worried glance. Sora said the word, curing Alyx as a green magic swept over her. The cut on her leg healed, and the blood dried up and disappeared. The pain in her head also receded, though she knew that was only temporary. She stood, using the tree to maintain her balance as the rest of her aches faded away.

“Take Sora somewhere else. Tell him to take you to the lake. Wait until I come to do anything,” Alyx thought at Terra, turning her intent gaze on them. He gave her a slight nod, and pulled Sora into the shadows of the trees. As their footfalls faded, Alyx tried to step away from the tree, only to stagger and almost fall as the pain in her head returned. She sank to the ground again, her back against the tree, just as Roxas’ hair became visible through the trees. He turned towards where Alyx was, and saw her. He walked through the trees, a worried look on his face.

“Alyx!”

“Hey, Roxas,” she greeted weakly, giving a small smile. His worried look, however, stayed put.

“What’s wrong, Alyx?” Roxas asked as he approached.

“Nothing now. I’m fine,” she replied, shaking her head.

“Oh…ok. Are you sure though?” Roxas asked again, giving her a studying look.

“I’m fine now, Roxas. Really,” she confirmed. She used the tree to pull herself up, and leaned back against it once she was upright, her palms pressed flat against it behind her back.

“We were getting worried yesterday, me, Axel, and Xion.”

“Hmm?”

“When you didn’t show up. We agreed that if you didn’t show up today, we’d start a search.”

“Oh. Um… thanks for worrying. You didn’t need to though… I mean, some friend I am, lying to you for my own good more than anything else, and always making jokes at your expense.” She paused, and turned her head away from Roxas. He opened his mouth to say something, but Alyx cut him off, turning back to face forward, not looking in Roxas’ direction.

“I’m really sorry about that, Roxas.”

“About what?”

“I’m really sorry for lying to you about the Keyblade, and for always using you as the subject for my jokes. If I didn’t make you a subject of humor, Axel and Xion would have never started it on their own. And…” Alyx trailed off, closing her eyes and hanging her head. Roxas proceeded to be shocked for a second, then slowly began to speak.

“It doesn’t bother me, Alyx. Truthfully, I don’t know what I’d do without you. When you didn’t show up yesterday… I was really worried about you. I felt lost without you there. It felt like my first week all over again…” An awkward moment of silence fell as Roxas trailed off,

“I don’t deserve that kind of response from you, Roxas. I really don’t,” Alyx said sadly, her voice almost a whisper.

“Well, I think you do.”

Roxas took three steps, closing the distance between them, and kissed Alyx on the cheek. Her eyes flew open, and her head snapped up. Her aqua-green-gray eyes were wide with shock as Roxas took a step back. Realizing what he had done, his hand flew to his mouth, and his light blue became a mirror of Alyx’s own. Roxas opened a portal behind him, and stepped back into it without a word. It closed just as Alyx sunk to the ground, still in shock. Her hand moved to where Roxas’ lips had touched her cheek, and shook her head, still shocked by his sudden action. She closed her eyes and sighed.

“Why did you have to go and make things more complicated, Roxas?” She pulled herself up again, and walked off in the direction that Terra and Sora had gone off. The forest consumed her as the last bit of her cloak disappeared among the shadows of the trees.

(Author's Note: Um.... yay for awkwardness? )

XionXIVRikuXV

You can thank my friend for the awkwardness... *sarcastic cheer* I personally could do without it but it adds a little to the story later. Kind of... well you'll see somewhere along the road how that works into the story a bit. One more awkward chapter and then we're off the hook for a bit... at least for the foreseeable future. So this post right here is going to be the last update I'm gonna do until I get back home, and it wraps up part one of the story. So guess what? Chapter 11, here we go! Thanks for reading up to now everyone!

*~Chapter 11~*

Terra and Sora sat in silence on two rocks near a large lake. Terra stared calmly at its slightly reflective surface, while Sora, looking agitated, gazed off into the distance. Alyx appeared out of the woods, and Terra and Sora looked towards her. Terra’s eyes burned into her, asking silent questions without speaking with his mind. Sora looked relieved, and opened his mouth to ask questions. Alyx held up her hand to stop him, and proceeded to settle on another large rock near Terra. Sora shut his mouth, and looked at her patiently.

“We have to leave soon,” Alyx said bluntly after a few moments. “I’m already pushing my luck by staying here this long.” Terra nodded slowly, deep in thought. Sora gave a confused look.

“Would someone like to explain to me what’s going on…?”

“Not now, Sora. Just be patient for a bit longer,” Alyx replied, turning to face him. He nodded, biting his lip to remain silent. Alyx turned to face Terra again.

“Where should we meet them?”

Silence answered her for a moment, then Terra spoke. “They… they’re trapped. Ven… he can’t reply, but... Aqua I can still hear faintly.”

“What?! Where…? Who…?”

“I think we know who, and where,” he replied, nearly growling the words, as his blue eyes flashed angrily.

“He wouldn’t…” Alyx bared her teeth angrily, like a wolf would. “We have to hurry then.” She rose, and opened a portal. “I was hoping we could wait a bit longer, but…” She shook her head.

“Wait here for me, and be ready to leave as soon as I get here.” Alyx opened a portal, and stepped in.

“Saix, I’ve finished my mission.”

Four pairs of eyes turned to face Alyx, who stepped out of a dark corridor into the Grey Room. Luxord stared at her, surprised, as did Demyx. Xigbar kept a level gaze with her, and gave a small laugh of disbelief. Saix turned his golden eyes to her.

“Lord Xemnas would like to speak with your personally.”

Alyx nodded, and turned to walk down the long hallway, where she opened a new portal to the Round Room.

“You wanted to speak with me, sir?” Alyx inquired as she stepped into the room, standing on a large raised platform.

“Ah, Alyxa. I see that you have completed you mission,” the man that sat on a high, white chair commented. He wore the black cloak of the Organization, and his silvery-gray hair resembled Terra’s. His eyes were a golden color, and he gazed superiorly down at Alyx.

“I have. But surely you knew that? Or did you hope that I wouldn’t come back? That I would have ceased to exist on that mission?” Alyx spat, inclining her head in defiance.

“Did you think that you ever fooled me, Alyxa? Pretending to be a Nobody. I’ll admit, at first you had me believing you. But I watched you more closely that the others. I saw those subtle mistakes, those split-second slips of your careful cover.”

“I didn’t expect to last this long, truthfully. But I did.” She turned to go, as calm as if she was walking away from a friendly conversation.

“You don’t expect me to just let you leave, do you?” Xemnas inquired.

“I don’t expect you to do anything,” Alyx retorted. A mix of silver and black energy formed a dome around her, similar to a dark portal. It consumed her, and then disappeared, leaving no trace of it or Alyx behind.

A silver and black portal opened on top the clock tower, where Axel, Roxas, and Xion sat. Alyx stepped out, looking wary. Axel turned, and his eyes went wide.

“Alyx!”

Xion and Roxas turned, though Roxas quickly dropped his gaze. Axel stood, and smiled.

“Finally decided to come and find us, hmm? Where’ve you been?”

“No. I’ve come to say good-bye.”

“Wa-what? What do you mean ?” Xion and Roxas stood, their looks questioning. Alyx took a few steps, bringing herself to the edge of the clock tower. She looked out to the setting sun, and spoke.

“I don’t belong here with you. Everything about me that you’ve come to believe may as well have never existed. They are all lies.”

“What do you mean, Alyx?” Xion asked, confused. Alyx turned and looked at them sadly.

“It means that I have to leave, and quickly. Soon Xemnas will send someone after me, to hunt me down and eliminate me. It was a bad idea to get you three involved but…” She trailed off and shook her head. “I couldn’t bear to leave without seeing you three once more, and without saying goodbye.” They looked at her, shocked.

“Alyx…” Roxas said sadly, hanging his head.

“I hope that I’ll be able to see you again one day, hopefully not when you’re hunting me down. Goodbye Axel, Xion.” She stepped forward, and kissed Roxas lightly on his cheek. “Goodbye, Roxas.”

Axel gaped at them, while Xion stared, shocked beyond action. Roxas looked at Alyx, sadness in his blue eyes.

“I guess it’s time to find out what happens when we fall off of a high place,” Alyx said sadly. She stepped back, her expression pained. It suddenly dawned on the three what she was going to do.

“Alyx! No!” Roxas lunged for her as she took one more step back, over the edge of the clock tower. His hand closed on empty air as Alyx plummeted headfirst towards the ground. Then Alyx was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back