• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Hidden Thoughts, Forgotten Memories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XionXIVRikuXV

Hey there everyone! So, I've been working on this for a loooong time (two years and counting!), though the looooong probably comes in with my ADD tendecies... anyways. This is my own idea, and I started this before Days and BBS came out, leading to quite a few innacurate facts... I changed some minor parts that wouldn't affect the story other than for labeling purposes after playing Days, but not for BBS cuz... well, you'll see. I try my best to get the facts straight, but it doesn't always work out for me and my fanfic... o_O I still try my best to keep the facts straight while keeping it true to my fanfic, however, and you might see that a bit later on... Well, despite this long and quite boring/confusing introduction on my part, I hope you all enjoy my fanfic! Please forgive my little typos, cuz I know they're in there somewhere... Criticism accepted and much appreciated; flaming also accepted to a certain extent, though less-appreciated. Feel free to ask questions. I'll do my best to answer them, though if the answer include or is a spoiler... well, you know what happens. (Oh, and by the way, don't expect pre-planned updates. I go according to how fast I write, which changes... a lot). And so we go! [DISCLAIMER: I own nothing Kingdom Hearts related, apart from what I created. No profit is being made off of this fanfic]

*~Hidden Thoughts, Forgotten Memories~*
*~Part One: Hidden Thoughts~*

*~Prologue~*
A person stood in front of the black gates to the mansion in the bright sunlight, a girl. She just stood there, her eyes and face completely blank. She didn’t move at all, but just stood there, silent, as if waiting for something. A black pool of energy appeared on the ground in front of her, and from it sprouted an oval shaped black portal. A man dressed in a black cloak stepped from it.

His face was almost completely obscured by the black cloak’s hood, everything except for his golden-yellow eyes. He stepped forwards, his cloak rustling in the slight wind. Otherwise, his move was silent. The girl’s black hair, halfway down her back with reddish streaks, moved slightly as well.

“You are a Nobody,” the man spoke, his voice deep and strong with authority. “A being without emotions, a mere shell of what you were. You have no purpose, no aim; you just exist. But I can give you something to work for.” He paused, the girl’s face still expressionless. She didn’t speak.

“But first you need a name, and identity,” he said, while he raised his arm, his black-gloved hand moving in front of the girl’s face, flat as if pressed against something. As his hand moved across the air horizontally, four silvery-gold shimmering letters appeared, floating in the air.

“Your old name,” the man said, and with a flick of his wrist, the four letters began to whirl around the girl, “made anew.” With what looked like well-practiced precision, his hand flew out, flat, and the letters stopped, five now.

The girl’s aqua-green eyes seemed to light up, as they came into focus, turning her eye color and icy shade of aqua-green instead of the previous dull color. Her eyes moved over the five floating letters, spelling out her new name.

“Alyxa,” she whispered, saying her new name for the first time.

“Welcome to the Organization,” the man said, his golden-yellow eyes glinting, and, out of seemingly nowhere, he produced a black cloak, gloves, and boots to match his own.

“Put these on,” he commanded, and the newly-named Alyxa did as she was told. The man re-opened the black portal, and stepped in. Alyxa followed, pulling her hood up, obscuring her face like the mysterious man.

| ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ |

Three pairs of eyes, one aqua-blue, one cobalt, and the other light blue, watched the exchange from the bushes. As the girl walked into the portal, the three turned and dashed away, almost soundlessly. The only sign that they were ever there were the still rustling leaves, which could have simply been from the blowing wind.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Aw, I am really liking this story. I am quite curious as to who the Alyxa character is as well as who the three mystery people who were hiding in the bushes are. Since the color blue is popular for eye color in the Kingdom Hearts series, I guess it could be anyone. Question, will Sora, Riku, and anyone else in the gang show up in the story? I'm just asking. Anyway, great start, and I look forward to more.

XionXIVRikuXV

Thank you! About Sora and the others... they just might show up at some point... though I won't say how or when. You'll have to read to find that out. =] Thanks for reading and being the first to reply though. It made me happy. =]

XionXIVRikuXV

Alright. So, here's the next one. Chapter 1, here we go! (My introduction has gotten shorter... Much shorter... I think that's a good thing...?)

*~Chapter 1~*

“Hey, Alyxa!” a voice rang out in the slightly forested area. “C’mon! Where are you? I know you’re here!” The speaker came into view, dressed in a matching set of black gloves, black boots, and a black cloak. His hood was down, and his spiky blondish-brownish-orange hair was flipped up in the front. His light blue eyes scanned the area in front of him, searching the shade of the trees.

As he passed near one of the trees, a thing leaped out of the tree, landing in a crouch behind the speaker as he continued to walk. The thing’s, which turned out to be a person’s, hair was loose, and flew up as it fell. The person’s cloak, identical to the speaker’s, rustled, causing the otherwise silent jump from the tree to be noticeable.

“I told you to call me Alyx,” the person, a girl, growled as she stood. The boy whirled, apparently surprised, to face the girl, who demanded to be called Alyx.

“Alyx! You scared me!” He paused, and his eyed widened. “Your hair… it’s… it’s not braided…” he stuttered, staring at her long, black hair, which was streaked with a dark red-auburn color.

“And? You can’t expect me to keep it up all the time,” Alyx replied, her aqua-green-gray eyes blazing. “Sorry I snapped, Roxas. I just hate it when people call me Alyxa,” she added, sighing, her eyes softening to their usual color of an icy aqua-green.

“Yeah, I sort of forgot. Sorry ‘bout that. It’s fine, though,” the boy, Roxas, responded, not at all upset.

“So you were looking for me?” Alyx inquired, coming back to what she thought was the intended topic. She proceeded to braid her hair as she waited for his explanation.

“Oh, right.” Roxas remembered with a start his original reason for coming here. He continued with mock respect, “The higher-ups have given us a mission.” Alyx opened her mouth to speak, but Roxas raised his hand to silence her, and continued. “At The Ruins.”

TheRuins?” Alyx questioned, stopping in mid-braid.

The Ruins,” Roxas confirmed with a shudder.

“But why there?” she wondered out loud. “I mean, we’re basically forbidden to go there, unless under orders,” she paused, considering, “which we obviously are,” she concluded, stating the obvious as she tied off her finished braid, which reached halfway down her back.

“It seems that there’s been too many Heartless gathering there.” Roxas paused, then continued,

”That I can understand, because we’re being sent there to eliminate them. But what I don’t understand is why there are so many of them there in the first place.”

Alyx shrugged. “Maybe it’s because of Kingdom Hearts,” she mused.

“Huh? But it’s gone,” Roxas asked, plainly confused.

“Yes, it’s gone, but even though Kingdom Hearts itself no longer exists, its power may still linger. After all, it was a very powerful thing, and usually that would happen. That might be what’s drawing the Heartless to The Ruins in such large numbers.”

“Oh. Right. Maybe that’s it. Y’know, maybe we’ll find out why when we go there. “Alyx nodded, seemingly satisfied with that answer, until she suddenly realized something else.

“Wait, why did they pair us up? I mean, not that I have a problem with us being paired off, Roxas, but don’t they usually pair up lower numbers with higher numbers, if at all? Don’t you find that a bit odd?”

“Maybe they decided that one person wasn’t enough, the higher numbers weren’t accepting of the assignment and that we’d be able to handle it on our own,” Roxas supplied dismissively. “After all, we can handle anything they throw at us, right, Alyx?” He grinned crookedly, as did Alyx.

“Anyways, it doesn’t matter. We just do whatever they tell us to do, so they don’t turn us into Dusks or something,” Roxas added.

“Humph. What if we don’t want our assignment? Then what? We refuse and get turned into Dusks?” Alyx challenged and then sighed. “Not much of a choice, is there? You refuse, you get turned into a Dusk. You fail your mission, you get turned into a Dusk. You turn traitor, and worse happens to you. Or so we assume. Never had anyone turn traitor. Yet.”

Roxas was silent, thinking about what Alyx had just said. “I guess not,” he replied after a bit. “But why dwell on it if you can’t do anything about it? Though you would have made a good debater if you hadn’t been turned into a Nobody, Alyx.” She grinned at this, and Roxas continued. “Let’s just do the assignment, and hope we get back in time to meet Axel at the clock tower.”

“Right. Let’s go.” Alyx opened a black portal, made of darkness and shadows, able to shuttle them between worlds in no time at all. She stepped in, and Roxas followed her without hesitation. After a moment, it closed up behind them, leaving no trace that they had ever been there.

As Alyx and Roxas stepped out of the black portal, they gapped in awe at the fabled Ruins.

“It looks so . . . different from the last time I was here,” Roxas whispered, as if he was worried that if he talked to loud something terrible would happen. He had been picturing the towering skyscrapers and cramped buildings of his last visit. Instead, he found the crumbled remains of the formerly towering buildings, strewn along the ground in random piles of rubble. They no longer held their old color and designs, the destruction of this world leaving behind no ghost of what it looked like before.

“Well, what did you expect? It’s been completely destroyed, Roxas,” Alyx responded, also whispering.

“I thought I’d be able to at least recognize something,” he retorted. “But anyways, let’s get going. I don’t want to stay here any longer than I have to.”

“I agree,” Alyx whispered back, her voice a bit apologetic-sounding.

The two set off, looking for the Heartless that they had been told were swarming the area. They soon stumbled into a small group of them, and caught the Heartless by surprise. Roxas summoned his two Keyblades, Oathkeeper and Oblivion, while Alyx summoned two twin blades, elemental katana, and they moved in to attack.

Roxas swept his blades at the Heartless in a small semi-circle on either side of his body, while Alyx swung her swords in short, rapid movements. Together they eliminated the Heartless in a few moments, and moved on, alert for more Heartless, which they were sure were nearby. As they walked cautiously among the piles of crumbled towers and other buildings, Roxas noticed something odd.

“Hey, Alyx, you know those Heartless from earlier? Weren’t they all Neoshadows? Don’t you find that a bit odd?”

“Hmm, now that you mention it, they were all Neoshadows. That is odd. Usually there’d be other kinds mixed in, like Soldiers of something,” Alyx replied.

“And it seemed like they were running from something. Or maybe someone…” Roxas trailed off, leaving them to wonder about it in silence.

Suddenly, a large shadow fell over them, catching both Alyx and Roxas by surprise.

“Shi-“Roxas exclaimed, whirling around, trying to get his two Keyblades up to block himself. Alyx did the same, and, unlike Roxas, was able to get both of her swords up in time, due to their light weight. The thing, which looked like a giant Heartless, swung out an oversized arm, hitting both Roxas and Alyx in the process. Even with one Keyblade up, and, in Alyx’s case, both swords up, they were both knocked back a considerable distance by the force of the blow.

Roxas, unable to finish his exclamation, had been knocked back a bit farther than Alyx, stopped by a crumbled building. Alyx, too, was stopped by a building’s rubble. As she fell to the ground, she steadied herself on the old stone rubble, attempting to stand again. As she regained her balance, Alyx glanced over at Roxas, who was trying to stand.

She eyed the new enemy, which wasn’t a Heartless. It was big, like the Large Body Heartless, but could move faster, and had bigger and longer reaching arms. It had and odd insigna on its front, a cross between the Heartless insigna and what looked slightly like the Nobody insigna, but not exactly.

Alyx paused to see if the thing would attack, and when it didn’t, she moved swiftly towards Roxas.

“What is that thing?” Roxas asked, staring at the creature.

“You won’t be able to defeat it,” Alyx stated, ignoring Roxas’ question completely.

“What?”

“And there’s more of them coming.”

“Wait, but-“

“There’s no time to explain,” she cut in. Alyx de-summoned her swords, much to Roxas’ surprise.

“What are you doing? We’re not gonna just turn-tail and run, right?”

“Would you?” she retorted, grinning grimly. A whitish light began to shimmer around Alyx’s right hand, extending and expanding until it was about the size of one of Roxas’ Keyblades.

“Stay here, and don’t fight. If anything, watch my back and warn me,” Alyx commanded with the rare flash of authority that she didn’t usually show.

“What?”

“Just trust me, Roxas. Please.” Alyx turned to face him, her eyes sharp. She turned to face the creature and studied it for a few moments. Then, she disappeared.

When Alyx disappeared, it wasn’t through a black portal or by any other means of magic. She simply moved so fast that Roxas’ jaw dropped in awe, and, despite the situation, he almost laughed. She “re-appeared” above the creature, and swung her new weapon down on its head. This didn’t kill it, as both Alyx and Roxas had expected. The thing staggered slightly, and to keep it off balanced, Alyx kicked off its head, flipping backwards towards Roxas.

She landed in a neat crouch, her left hand splayed flat on the ground, steadying herself. Her weapon was straight out on her right side, her right arm also straight out. Her body partially blocked the weapon from Roxas’ view, and before he could get a good look at it, Alyx muttered,

“Why are they here? It can’t be …” then disappeared again.

This time she headed straight for the creature’s insigna. Alyx pierced it all the way through, and it vanished in the normal way that Heartless did, but without a heart floating away.

Then the other creatures appeared. They leapt from the rubble of The Ruins, as if the other creature’s death had been a signal to them. They headed straight towards Alyx, ignoring Roxas completely. Before he could shout a warning, Alyx jumped straight into the air, and the other creatures converged on the spot where she had been a moment before. The creatures were smaller than the other one, and were a darker blue color. They also bore the same insigna as the other creature, but otherwise bore very little resemblance. The only other thing that they had in common was their sharp features.

One of them jumped after Alyx, and she pushed off if it with her foot, propelling herself higher in the air. She turned, so her back faced towards Roxas, attacking a few of the smaller ones that came after her. A bigger creature, smaller than the first one, but bigger than the others, leaped towards Alyx’s backside.

“Alyx!” Roxas cried out a warning, “Behind you!”

She heard him, and kicked off of the last creature in front of her, finishing it off, using it to whirl around and face the other thing. She brought up her weapon in front of her face, the creatures sharp claws catching on it, stopping just short of her face. Roxas could see her weapon clearly now, and gasped, blue eyes wide.

Alyx held a Keyblade in her hand, colored a pearly blue-gray-yellow, only a bit darker than Oathkeeper, with a tint of darker colors. It was less intricate that Oathkeeper, but not as simple as Oblivion – almost like a cross between the two.

“A Keyblade wielder . . . but how?” he muttered confused.

“I’ll tell you later if you remind me,” Alyx replied, appearing next to him while he was still in shock. Somehow she had managed to finish off the remainder of the creatures while Roxas had been thinking. He gave a start, staring at her with what was almost open-mouthed shock.

“Now let’s get out of get out of here before something else happens.”

“Umm . . . right. Let’s go,” Roxas agreed, still dazed.

Alyx’s Keyblade was still in her hand as she opened another dark portal. While Roxas stood behind her, he noticed something about the Keyblade; something was different. He couldn’t figure it out, and gave it another look, really studying it. But, instead of seeing the difference, he heard it. Or rather, he didn’t hear it. Then he saw it. In the space where both Oathkeeper and Oblivion had a keychain hanging, there was nothing. Alyx’s Keyblade had no keychain.

Last edited:

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Okay, that was weird. So, Alyxa is a Keyblade weilder, and her Keyblades have no keychains. So, what does that mean? Also, what were those creatures? They obviously weren't Heartless or Nobodies; I guess I'll just have to wait until you explain it. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

XionXIVRikuXV

No plural for her Keyblade... Just saying. But may I mention again that most of this is pre-BBS and pre-Days speculation based? So some (alright, most) of the ideas put to use in this story are very off now that we have solid facts... And the enemies... Can't say. Yet =]

XionXIVRikuXV

Hello again! I know it has been a really long time since I last updated. BUT I actually have a good reason for this. I am currently in Japan for an exchange program with my school's sister school, and since the school year started I've been preparing for the trip in various ways. So I decided that while I'm in Japan I should honor KH and check KHI for the first time in what feels like forever... and in the process decided to update this fanfic. I also decided that for the good of the people who read this I will be breaking up the chapters even more than I had in the first place. If I feel like there was too much of a cliffhanger, I'll do a double update. Anyways... this is going to be an extremely short chapter. Sorry for the wait! Chapter 2, here we go!

*~Chapter 2~*

As Alyx and Roxas arrived at the forested area again, Roxas decided to ask his question as they were walking.

“Alyx, can I ask you something?”

“Sure, but I think I know what you’re going to ask,” she replied calmly, turning to face him.

“You probably do. Why didn’t you tell me, Alyx?”

“Tell you what?”

“That you were like me. That you can wield the Keyblade.”

She turned away, a guilty look on her face. “Because… I… I didn’t want you to think you had to be better than me. And because it would be dangerous to have three knowing wielders in the Organization. If they decided that three were too many… I don’t want to find out who they would tell to leave.” She paused, looking down at her feet. “But most of all, I didn’t want you to reject me, thinking I would better you. But…” she trailed off.

“But what?”

“But the others knew, except for you and another.”

“Axel?” Alyx shook her head.

“He knows,” she replied guiltily.

“But … why didn’t he tell me, or say something?”

“He swore not to. I’m sorry, Roxas. Don’t blame Axel. It’s not his fault; it’s mine.” Alyx turned her head, while Roxas just stood there, looking at her back, unsure of what to say.

“I can understand if you hate me now, Roxas.” Alyx spoke quietly, almost a whisper lost in air. Roxas was shocked. He reached out to put a hand on her shoulder, and smiled at her as she turned to look at him.

“Alyx, how could I hate you? You’re my friend, and you’ve saved me countless times, as well as fought beside me.”

She gave him a sad smile. “As have you. You’re right. Thanks, Roxas. You make me sound so depressed, you being happy most of the time.” Then she outright grinned. “C’mon. We’re gonna be late for our meeting with Axel.

“Right. Let’s get going then.” Roxas took his hand from her shoulder, and turned to walk away towards the portal which they had left open.

“On second thought,” Alyx interjected, “I’ll meet you there in a bit. I have something I need to take care of first.”

“Huh? Um, alright then. See you in a bit then.” Roxas stepped into the portal, and it closed up behind him, leaving Alyx alone in the forest.

She let her hair down from its tight braid, her hair flowing down her back. The reddish streaks stood out in the light of the slowly receding sun. Alyx spoke aloud, though there was no one in sight.

“He knows now, and they’re back.”

The leaves on the trees rustled, although there was no wind. She shook her head at unheard words, and answered, “I’m not sure, but I’ll look into it.”

A sudden breeze sprang up, and Alyx smiled.

“Don’t worry. I will be. And I always am.”

She turned to open a portal, and stepped in. As it closed behind her, it began to rain in the forested area.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Wow, it has been a while, hasn't it? Well, it's good to see you back and updating. That was really cute. I like the dynamic between Alyxa and Roxas (Alyxa is her name, right? I think you forgot an A in her name). So, who was the person Alyxa was talking to? Is it someone we already know? I guess it could be anyone. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

XionXIVRikuXV

It has been a while... and I apologize for that! I'm happy to be back and updating as well! Alyxa likes to be called Alyx for a certain reason.. it brings back bad memories for her. But her name IS Alyxa soo... yup. Long story that shall be explained... eventually... And the people (yes, it's plural) she is talking to haven't been formally introduced yet. But they will be soon. Thanks for being such a faithful reader! Next update to come after I eat dinner with my host family!

XionXIVRikuXV

Well, here's the next chapter. This one is short too, but the next one is a bit longer. Or not. I'll see how I feel when I update next. Chapter 3, here we go!

*~Chapter 3~*

A portal opened atop a clock tower, and Alyx stepped out. She was behind two sitting people. One of them was Roxas, and the other was a male with spiky red hair that looked like flames. They didn’t notice her, so she silently stepped up behind them. She bent down a bit and whispered sinisterly in their ears.

“If I push you off, do you think you’ll die? Why don’t we find out?”

Roxas started, and the other person jumped back, ready to attack. Roxas tried to stand up quickly, but his foot slipped on the ledge of the clock tower. Alyx reacted, and caught him by his arm before he could fall.

“Sheesh, Roxas. I was kidding. I’d prefer if we didn’t find out.” Alyx gave Roxas a fake chiding look, while her eyes smiled.

“Damn, Alyx! You scared me for a second there. And you’re late. We agreed on before sunset. Got it memorized?” The other person grinned, his green eyes teasing. He had markings under his eyes, two small lines.

“Well excuse me, Axel. Maybe I don’t have it memorized,” Alyx retorted. “And you,” she jabbed a finger at Roxas, who had regained his composure a safe distance away from the edge, “need to be less jumpy. If I hadn’t been there, Axel wouldn’t have been able to save you, and then we really would have to find out if you’ll die.”

“But… but… I… you…” he trailed off as he saw Alyx’s eyes, which were shining with laughter, because she was teasing him. She and Axel began to laugh, as Roxas stammered his embarrassment.

“So,” Alyx said as they stopped laughing,” what are we discussing today? Or are we going to just sit here and blind ourselves with the sun?” Silence greeted her inquiry for a moment.

“Our titles then,” Axel responded.

“Huh? Oh. Our titles. Right,” Alyx answered, momentarily confused.

“What about them?” Roxas asked.

“I don’t know. But why do they choose them? And who chooses them? How do you get your title?” Axel listed off some questions.

“And why don’t I have one yet?” Alyx interjected.

“Good point. Why don’t you have one?”

“She’ll get her’s soon enough,” Axel said, as if he knew more than he should.

“Well, what do you think my title will be?” Alyx asked. Axel and Roxas were silent for a few moments, thinking, before they spoke.

“Well, if I had to describe you, I’d say, in one word…” Axel paused for a dramatic effect,” a fearless warrior.”

“That’s two words, Axel. Don’t you know how to count?” Alyx commented. “Fearless warrior,” she counted off on her fingers, holding them up in front of his face.

“No, it’s one. A fearless warrior is a type of warrior, leaving it as a one-word description,” Axel countered.

“Oh, whatever,” Alyx said, exasperated. She turned to Roxas. “And what about you? What do you think, Roxas?”

“I think that you’re a weapons master.”

“Wait, what? A weapon master?” Alyx echoed, confused.

“I mean, you can use almost any weapon. I’ve seen you use twin swords, a long bow, a feather-staff, kunai-daggers, and –“Roxas’ voice caught. He swallowed, and then continued. “And a Keyblade.”

Axel’s eyebrows shot up, his green eyes wide. Alyx saw this, as well as Roxas. Alyx spoke before Axel could open his mouth.

“He knows, Axel. Roxas saw. So don’t worry about it.” She smiled, attempting to lighten up the mood. Roxas caught on, and continued.

“You can probably even use Axel’s chakrams, Alyx!”

“You know, he has a point, Axel. Why don’t we find out?” Alyx suggested.

“No,” he answered promptly. “You are not touching my chakrams. Most likely you’ll burn your hands off. Trust me. Just don’t try it.”

“Fine. I guess I have no choice but to trust you on this,” Alyx sighed. “So, that still doesn’t say what either of you think my title will be.”

“Well, it’s hard to say. I mean, nobody knows how they choose it,” Roxas replied.

“He’s right, Alyx,” Axel agreed. “They could go by almost anything.”

“Huh. I guess you’re right,” Alyx consented.

“I guess we just have to wait, then,” Roxas said.

“Argh. I hate waiting, though!” Alyx cried out.

“Whoah, we know that,” Axel joked.

“Shut up, Axel,” she snapped.

“Wait. If you’re going to fight, can we please get off this clock tower first? Before we really do find out what happens when one of us falls off a high building,” Roxas interjected before the weapons came out.

“Fine,” they both agreed.

“But it’ll be a friendly fight,” Alyx added. Axel nodded, grinning in anticipation.

“Fine, but where?” Roxas asked, while Alyx re-braided her hair with nimble, expert fingers. “Your choice, Axel,” Alyx said absently, concentrating on tying off her braid.

“The Islands, then,” he decided.

Alyx hesitated for a moment, until Axel needled her. “You said it was my choice. Unless you’re afraid of a disadvantage there, hmm?”

“No,” she retorted. “Of course not. The Islands it is.” She opened a portal, and stepped in. She closed it before Roxas or Axel could follow.

“Well, you set her off this time,” Roxas commented teasingly.

“Wait, what did I do?” Axel inquired, a bit confused. Roxas just shook his head and opened his own portal, and stepped in. Before he could close it, Axel followed him. The portal closed just as the last bit of Axel’s cloak disappeared into the portal, leaving only the wind to keep the clock tower company.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
So, Alyxa can wield numerous weapons, huh? That's really cool, but I am curious as to why so many. And she is from Destiny Islands? Does she have a connection to Sora and the gang? Mna, there are just a lot of questions, which I hope will be answered soon. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

XionXIVRikuXV

Alyx just likes to be able to use a lot of different weapons... sometimes they fit in better than a Keyblade. Actually, she originally learned how to fight with a wooden sword in her home world, which may or may not be the Destiny Islands. Hehe. So now for the next chapter... Chapter four, here we go!

*~Chapter 4~*

When Roxas and Axel arrived at the Islands, they found Alyx staring at the ocean. Her face almost looked sad, her eyes filled with empty longing. Without looking back at them, she spoke.

“I haven’t been here in a while. The water is so blue here. Around the Destiny Islands.” She turned and grinned crookedly. “Nice choice, Axel. Now I’ll be distracted by the water while I fight you,” Alyx joked.

“As if you’re ever distracted,” Axel retorted.

“We’ll see about that,” Alyx replied.

“Let’s get started then, before it gets too late,” Roxas as the sun began to dip lower in the sky.

“Right,” Alyx agreed, and Axel nodded.

They were on a small, rounded island that was higher that the water. It was separate from the larger main island, and was connected by an old wooden bridge. On the small island, a bent tree served as a bench and a source of shade. The ground was sandy, with small tufts of grass sticking up near the tree, as well as scattered around.

Roxas stood near the tree, so he would be out of the way of Alyx and Axel. They put a respectable distance between themselves, taking up positions at opposite sides of the small island.

Axel summoned his two twin chakrams, which were silver, black, and red. They appeared with thin strands of red and silver, and seemed to burn with fire. Alyx hesitated for a split second, then summoned her twin katanas. As she held them, she whispered something, and a silvery-green-blue sheen washed over the swords. Axel raised his eyebrows, but said nothing.

“Ready?” Roxas inquired. Axel nodded. Alyx focused on Axel, intent, with her swords at her sides, perpendicular to the ground. She slid her right foot back, and bent her knees. After settling comfortably in her position, she gave a slight nod without taking her eyes off of Axel.

“On three,” Roxas said. “One, two, THREE!”

As soon as Roxas said three, Axel flew one of his chakrams at Alyx. She dodged it, and lunged at Axel, one sword straight out at shoulder height, and the other angled slightly down at her waist. Axel brought his other chakram up to block Alyx, while his first chakram came back. He reached for it and used it to block Alyx’s other sword, which she had decided to try and slam into him.

Alyx leaped away from Axel, putting about three or four yards between them. She immediately raised her right sword and shot a burst of green-blue light from the tip. It flew at Axel, who brought both of his chakrams up to defend himself. As the burst of light hit the chakrams, it disappeared.

“Nobody said we could use magic!” Axel called out to Alyx.

“Nobody said we couldn’t,” she retorted, grinning.

“So, is that how you wanna play, huh?” Axel asked. “Well, two can play at that game, then!”

He flew his chakrams at Alyx, but this time they were both on fire, literally. Alyx deflected them with her swords, and rushed in again, ramming the hilts of her swords into Axel’s gut. He doubled over, gasping for air. Alyx hear the whistling of the returning chakrams, and whirled to catch them neatly on her swords. She turned on her heel to face Axel, and let his weapons dangle in front of his face.

“I win,” Alyx teased, grinning widely.

“Ouch, you hit hard,” Axel wheezed, wincing as he stood. He plucked his weapons from Alyx’s swords.

“Sorry,” she apologized. “I should’ve pulled my blows more.”

“Well, whatever. Your turn, Roxas.”

“Wait, what? I never said I would fight.”

“You never said you wouldn’t,” Alyx retorted as she walked over and pulled him up off the tree-bench.

“Humph. Fine, since you’re so persistent,” Roxas finally agreed.

Axel took his place on the bent tree, while Roxas and Alyx took up positions across from each other. Roxas summoned Oathkeeper and Oblivion, while Alyx de-summoned her swords. She replaced them with her Keyblade, and took up a different stance. Just like before she slid her right foot back and bent her knees. This time, however, she had her Keyblade angled towards the ground in front of her.

“No holding back, now,” Alyx commented.

“Fine. As long as you don’t either,” Roxas replied. She grinned, not making a direct response.

“On my count,” Axel said.

“Go!” he shouted abruptly without counting.

Alyx rushed at Roxas, not giving him a chance to attack first. He scrambled to bring his Keyblades up and block the attack. A sharp clang! rang out as Alyx’s Keyblade hit Roxas’. The force of her blow caused him to stumble backwards. Alyx backed off, although only momentarily. She rushed at him with renewed vigor, making it seem as if she had been the one watching the last fight, not Roxas.

She pressed forward relentlessly, and it was all Roxas could do not to be driven backwards. He dug his heels into the ground, and braced himself against Alyx’s onslaught. Soon, as if suspecting that he was close to breaking, Alyx let up a little, moving a small bit slower, and most definitely hitting with less force.

Roxas took advantage of this unexpected opening, and hooked one of his Keyblades in Alyx’s. He then yanked upwards with all his might, wresting Alyx’s Keyblade from her hand, shocking all three of them. He used his other Keyblade to take a swipe at Alyx, who hastily dodged it. As she stepped back, Alyx dove for her Keyblade, which had been sent flying, and now rested to their side. Roxas aimed another hit at Alyx, which managed to nick the side of her boot as it flashed past, causing her to land slightly off-balance. She rolled to offset that, and grabbed her Keyblade in the process. Alyx leapt to her feet as she turned to face Roxas, who had paused for a second. Almost simultaneously, Alyx and Roxas leapt at each other.

As their weapons collided in mid-swing, Alyx’s eyes narrowed. She snatched her Keyblade back from the dead lock they had been caught in, causing Roxas to stumble forward slightly. Before anyone realized what was happening, a black portal appeared on the bridge that led from the small island to the main island. Alyx rushed forward, Keyblade in her hand, right arm extended to its full length. As another person in a black cloak stepped out of the portal, she stopped just short of the person’s concealed face, which was covered by the black hood of the Organization’s cloak. The portal closed behind the person, who took a hasty step back upon noticing the weapon.

“I-I don’t mean any harm!” a girl’s voice stuttered.

“Xion?” Roxas inquired, lowering his previously raised weapons.

“Roxas! Axel!” the girl, Xion, responded, sound relieved. She threw back her hood, revealing light blue eyes to match Roxas, and short, black hair.

“Oh. Hey, Xion,” Axel replied, a bit late. Alyx turned, a question of the tip of her tongue. Roxas beat her to it, and introduced Alyx and Xion to each other.

“Alyx, I’m going to assume from your blank look that you don’t know Xion.” Alyx shot Roxas a look of playful annoyance. “Alyx, this is Xion, number XIV. Xion, Alyx, number XV.” Alyx gave a polite nod to Xion, who replied with a hesitant smile.

“So, Xion, you’re the other one?” Alyx inquired, lowering her Keyblade, which she had kept raised.

“Huh? Oh, um… yeah. I guess,” Xion replied, genuinely confused for a moment.

“Hold on. What’s going on now? The other one what?” Axel interjected, his green eyes fixed on Alyx.

Alyx shrugged. “The other one. She’s like me and Roxas.”

“But I thought…” Roxas began, then recalled her earlier words. He fell silent, understanding what Alyx meant.

“So, what brings you here, Xion?” Axel asked bluntly, getting straight to the point. Before Xion could reply, Roxas answered.

“I told her she could find us at the clock tower today. But when we weren’t there I guess…” he trailed off, leaving Xion to pick-up the explanation.

“I overheard the last part of your conversation, and wasn’t sure whether I should follow or not. Though I did eventually.”

“As we can all see,” Alyx remarked, her voice betraying no emotion.

“Care to join us for a fight then, Xion?” Axel asked, gesturing to Alyx and Roxas’ still-summoned Keyblades,

“Maybe I’ll just watch for a while,” Xion replied, stepping over to where Axel had been previously.

“So, shall we continue?” Alyx questioned, stepping away from where Axel and Xion were, putting distance between her and Roxas as well.

“Right,” Roxas agreed, stepping back to his previous starting position. They took up their fighting stances again. Once more, Axel counted them off. The fight resumed as Roxas made a lunge for Alyx, who sidestepped it while neatly countering with an attack of her own. He blocked her Keyblade with his second one. Roxas leapt back, towards the edge of the small island. Alyx bore down on him with another flurry of blows to match those from their first fight. Roxas, given no time to counter the onslaught, was slowly driven back, nearing the edge. Alyx let up slightly, to take a step back and renew her attack. Roxas took this opportunity to rush her. He ducked under her retreating horizontal swipe, and lashed out at her retreating form. His Keyblade connected solidly with Alyx’s side, and caused her to stagger as she stumbled backwards, trying to catch her breath. Roxas took another swipe, which Alyx scrambled to block, while leaping out of range of his blades. She gave a slight nod to his well aimed hit, and then attacked again.

This time she didn’t relent, but rather pushed harder, making Roxas slide back with each attack. Soon, they had reached the edge of the island, and Roxas began to falter in his blocks. She saw an opening, and struck at his knees, causing him to grimace and collapse. His left foot slipped backwards and over the edge. As this happened, Alyx’s vision hazed over, and she saw another boy, with spikier hair, similar to Axel’s, that looked like Roxas. He was dressed in blue, and seemed to mimicking Roxas’ motions. As the boy and Roxas fell over the edge, Alyx’s hand darted out, grabbing their arm. As her hand grasped Roxas’ black-sleeved arm, the haze on her vision disappeared.

“Not again,” she commented through gritted teeth, more to herself than anything, as she hauled Roxas back up over the edge.

“Not again what?” Roxas asked, hearing her comment.

“I meant not again. This is the second time I’ve saved Roxas from falling over an edge today,” she replied quickly, shaking her head in an attempt to cover up her odd vision.

“She’s right Roxas,” Axel chided, grinning wickedly. “Twice in one day? C’mon. Even I’m not that bad.” Xion laughed, as did Axel and Alyx.

“B-but it wasn’t my fault...” Roxas stuttered for a second time, slightly embarrassed. Then he began to laugh as well, figuring he might as well laugh it off.

“Twice, Roxas?” Xion asked. “What was the first time?”

“I scared him halfway to oblivion on the clock tower,” Alyx explained, then related the story.

“She’s right, Roxas. You are too jumpy.”

“H-hey! It wasn’t my fault! She scared me! Axel too!”

“No, I was merely prepared for an attack,” Axel corrected, grinning. “Which you obviously weren’t.” Roxas, realizing it was futile to argue, remained silent and shrugged.

“So, Roxas has been established as jumpy?” Xion teased.

“I thought we all knew that?” Axel questioned.

“Yeah, yeah. Alright you guys. That’s enough. Now we all know I’m jumpy,” Roxas interjected before the conversation went any further.

“Hey,” Xion spoke up, causing three pairs of eyes to turn towards her. “Maybe if we hurry, we can get ice cream and make it back to the clock tower before the sun sets.”

Alyx looked to the horizon, and nodded. “She’s right. Let’s go.” Alyx opened a portal, which she promptly stepped through. Axel followed her, with Roxas and Xion trailing behind. As the dark portal closed, a slight breeze stirred the sand on the island, blowing puffs of it into the air.

XionXIVRikuXV

Alrighty. Short chapter for this update, so I'm gonna do a double today. Chapter five, here we go!

*~Chapter 5~*
“So, what have you been doing lately, Xion?” Roxas inquired, taking a bite out of his sea-salt ice cream.

“The usual,” she replied, pausing to lick a stray drop of melting ice cream. “Gathering hearts, a few recon missions, nothing special. You?”

“Same here. Except for today.”

“What was so special about today?” Axel questioned, curious.

“We were assigned a mission at the Ruins,” Alyx explained matter-of-factly. Axel almost choked on his ice cream.

“What?! The Ruins?!”

“My reaction exactly,” she replied.

“But why the Ruins?” Xion wondered, turning to face Alyx and Roxas, who exchanged knowing glances.

“Exactly what we were wondering. The amount of Heartless wasn’t extreme, but there was-“ Roxas was cut short by Alyx elbowing him, and cutting in herself.

“There were more Heartless than normal, though. But none were emblem Heartless. They were all Purebloods.” Roxas nodded a confirmation, wincing as he held his bruised ribs. The discussed Alyx and Roxas’ mission for a while, finishing their ice cream in the process.

“So, Axel, what about your missions?” Roxas asked, shifting the conversation.

“Same old, same old,” Axel replied tiredly. “Go out and fight some Purebloods, track down a large emblem, do some recon.” Silence fell over the group as the sun began to set, throwing out brilliant shades of red.

“Well, I’m gonna head back now,” Axel declared as the last of the sun’s rays sank below the horizon.

“Me too,” Xion agreed. They rose, and Axel opened a portal for the two of them.

“Coming?” he inquired, glancing back at Roxas and Alyx, who shook her head.

“Nah. We’ll leave in a minute.” Axel shrugged, and he and Xion stepped into the portal. It closed behind them, leaving Roxas and Alyx alone on the clock tower. Alyx stood up after a few moments, and Roxas followed.

“Hey, Roxas,” Alyx began, turning to face him. He stopped a hand’s with from her face, surprised by her sudden stop. “Don’t tell anyone about what we saw today, alright?”

“But shouldn’t we at least tell Saix or Xemnas?” Alyx shook her head.

“No. Not even them. Not yet, at least.”

“But if they find out…” Roxas trailed off, not needing to finish his thought.

“Then I’ll take care of it,” Alyx replied firmly.

“Fine,” Roxas consented, though rather reluctantly. “Let’s go back now, Alyx,” Roxas said, smiling at her.

She grinned back. “Let’s,” she agreed, opening a dark portal for both of them. Roxas stepped through it, Alyx following after a moment. The portal closed behind them, leaving nothing on the clock tower besides the gentle rainfall that began as it disappeared.

XionXIVRikuXV

So here's the second chapter for today... Chapter six, here we go! Again!

*~Chapter 6~*
Alyx woke the next morning, greeted by the rising sun and the splash of a dew drop on her nose. After returning to the Grey Room to report to Saix last night, she had retreated to her room. After a few hours spent thinking on her bed in her room, she decided that she would rather sleep in her tree. Opening a portal back to the forested area, she found her tree and nimbly climbed up into it. She rested in the familiar nook formed by the two largest branches of the tree. Alyx fell asleep while watching the stars, and was still in the same position when she woke.

As she dropped out of the tree, she felt a familiar presence in her mind. As she opened up her mind to it, words began to form on the breeze that swept around her.

“Alyx,” the breeze said, the voice that spoke resembling Roxas’, though it came from an older mouth. The rustling leaves announced the arrival of a new voice as the breeze faded.

“Alyxa, have you been biding you time well?” The voice was oddly formal and slightly deeper, and sounded almost monotone.

“I told you to call me Alyx, Master,” Alyx muttered in reply.

“Only if you stop calling me Master, as you are one in your own right,” the voice responded, and she could hear him smirking, though she could not see him.

“Alyx,” a female voice said as a drop of dew fell on Alyx’s head. “Have you learned anything yet?”

“Only confirmed what we already knew. Oh, and there’s a third. But she’s… different,” Alyx answered.

“Different how, Alyxa?”

She gritted her teeth as he used that name again, and replied evenly, “If I knew, maybe I would say, Master.” She made a point of adding in the last part. Before the he could reply, the first voice cut in, putting their verbal sparring match on hold.

“Can you try and find out, Alyx?”

“I can try. But I think they’re getting suspicious of me.”

“Try to hang back for a while then,” the female voice said in reply.

“Tread carefully, Alyxa,” the slightly monotone voice instructed, the verbal jab prompting a reply from Alyx.

“As always, Master.”

“We have to go now, Alyx,” the female said. The presence disappeared, leaving Alyx standing alone in the forest. She opened a dark portal, and stepped into it.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Okay, things are getting a little weird now. Who were the people Alyxa is talking to? Are they Keyblade masters? Is Alyxa a Keyblade master? Is Alyxa a real Nobody? Why does she want to keep what they saw at the Ruins a secret? Why does she sleep in a tree? There are just a lot of questions that need answers. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

XionXIVRikuXV

So many questions, so few answers that I can give! Alyx sleeps in a tree because... well some people are just weird like that and like to sleep in trees... It is a lot safer than sleeping on the ground after all... Anyways. That's just a little random thing about Alyx. She likes to sleep in trees. Yup. As for the people... they will be formally introduced... eventually. And I can't answer the rest of the questions either... though they will be answered one day. While we wait for that to happen... Chapter seven, here we go!

*~Chapter 7~*

Alyx walked into the Grey Room, only to be greeted by a near-empty room. Only Saix, who issued the missions, and Demyx were left. Which meant that either Demyx was being lazy or. . . he was paired with her. She suppressed a groan, and walked over to where Saix stood.

“Alyxa.” She tried not to flinch at the sound of her name, or retort. “You and Demyx will be investigating an unexplained drop in Heartless in the Twilight Town tunnels. Be prepared for any encounter, as we didn’t know what we are looking for,” Saix instructed them.

“Well, c’mon Alyxa,” Demyx said as he opened a dark portal. “Don’t wanna be back too late.”

“Do me a favor then,” Alyx demanded just before Demyx stepped into the dark portal.

He paused. “What would that be?” he asked without turning.

“Call me Alyx.” After a moment of silence, she added, “Please.”

Shocked and hopelessly confused at the sudden show of non-dominance, Demyx agreed. “Um, sure. Whatever works for you.”

They stepped into the portal, which promptly closed after them.

“So, where to start?” Alyx pondered as they stepped out of a portal near the sandlot in Twilight Town.

“I, um, think I’ll stick around here, and-“ Demyx began sheepishly, only to be cut off by cut off by a sharp remark from Alyx.

“No. You are sticking with me. You are not slinking off to hide somewhere while I do all the work.” As he began to stutter his protests, she continued. “Oh, don’t play dumb with me, I know your tactics. You say you’ll watch an area, then you disappear at the first opportunity." Demyx sighed, resigning to his fate of being dragged along for today.

“C’mon,” Alyx said, stepping towards the tunnel entrance. As she walked in, Demyx trailed closely behind her, summoning his sitar. Alyx summoned her Keyblade, causing Demyx to flinch slightly.

“Afraid of a real weapon, are we, Demyx?” Alyx taunted, causing Demyx to fall into silence. As they cautiously ventured into the tunnels, Alyx noted that they had seen no Heartless; Purebloods and Emblem Heartless alike. As they moved deeper within the tunnels without any encounter, Alyx began to doubt the mission they had been given.

Alyx and Demyx rounded the last corner, only to be taken by surprise with the last sight either of them had expected. There, in the depths of the tunnels, was a boy with spiky blondish-brown hair, dressed in black cargo pants with a black hoodie, and large shoes. His blue eyes looked eerily like Roxas, mimicking the deep sky blue color that often reflected in Roxas’ eyes while he was fighting. Most surprising, though, was that he was expertly fighting both Pureblood and Emblem Heartless with his weapon, a Keyblade.

“You, um, think that he’s the reason for the declining Heartless count, Alyx?” Demyx asked quietly, glancing nervously at the boy’s fighting skills.

“Yup. And it’s our job to take him out. Or at least stop him,” Alyx replied, making Demyx go pale.

“You mean…?”

She leapt out from their hiding spot, brandishing her Keyblade, killing the few Heartless that remained quickly.

“What-?” the boy exclaimed, surprised, his exclamation cut short by the sight of Alyx.

“So, you’ve been killing the Heartless, have you?” she demanded, slowly circling the boy, like a predator circles its prey.

“Um…” the boy trailed off, not answering directly.

“Um, you know who this is, right?” Demyx asked Alyx nervously.

“No. Should I?” she replied, not taking her eyes off of the boy.

“I’m gonna get some, um, backup,” Demyx said, and scurried away into a newly opened dark portal.

“Guess it’s just you and me now, eh?” Alyx stated.

She suddenly lunged at the boy, aiming to slam her Keyblade into him. He managed to bring up his Keyblade, blocking the attack. She pushed against the two dead-locked Keyblades, bringing her face close to the boy’s. His light blue eyes went wide as her green-grey eyes drew near.

“They’re still watching. Just look like you’re putting up a fight and go with it. I’ll try not to hurt you,” Alyx hissed into the boy’s ear.

“Why should I trust you?” He whispered back fiercely as they leapt apart. He came swinging at Alyx, who locked her Keyblade with his. She rammed her full weight into him, putting their faces in close proximity again.

“Because you know you can, Sora.” The boy’s – Sora’s - face paled, and Alyx drove him back against the wall. “Just play dead for a bit. I’ll handle the rest.”

She leapt away as Sora let his body go limp, crumpling into a heap on the ground. Alyx turned and de-summoned her Keyblade just as a dark portal opened. Saix stepped out, followed by a nervous looking Demyx.

“So, it wasn’t a false alarm,” Saix observed calmly as he saw Sora in a crumpled heap on the floor.

“Who is he, Saix? He looks so much like Roxas,” Alyx stated innocently, looking confused and curious,

“Oh, him? He’s just a person that we’ve had past troubles with. You may take him to another world for now. Lord Xemnas would not be pleased if we killed him. Not just yet.” He gave a dismissing wave as he turned and walked back through the portal. Demyx followed, muttering something under his breath. As the portal closed behind him, Alyx stood still, silent. After a few moments passed, she spoke.

“Alright, Sora. It’s fine. You can move now. They’re gone.” Sora slowly picked himself up off the ground, eyeing Alyx warily.

“How do I know you’re not lying to my face, like you did to them?” he questioned, watching her reaction.

“Nobodies are easy to fool. Besides, I have no reason to harm you, Sora. On the contrary, I’d much rather help you,” Alyx replied, not looking back at him. Sora flinched at the sound of a stranger using his name, but recovered enough to reply.

“I wouldn’t talk about yourself like that.”

“But I’m not.” Alyx turned back to flash a sly smile at him. Before Sora could ask a question about that, Alyx opened a dark portal. She beckoned to Sora, who hesitantly stepped forward.

“Go on,” Alyx prompted. “It’s not going to kill you.” Sora hesitated for a moment more, then stepped into the portal. Alyx followed, a step behind, closing the portal behind her

XionXIVRikuXV

Well, the question really should be when this is taking place... I never really specified when this is happening did I? I don't particularly like having to work around pre-created timelines, so this is it's own thing here... kind of. Well, you'll see eventually. So now... Chapter 8, here we go!

*~Chapter 8~*

Sora and Alyx stepped out of the portal into the large forested area that had become Alyx’s place to get away from things. Sora was silent as he looked at the tree in front of him, a giant oak tree. The different colored leaves rustled in the frigid breeze, signaling the coming of fall.

“So, who are you, exactly? I mean, you know my name, but I don’t even know yours!” Sora cried out, exasperated, whirling to face Alyx, who didn’t so much as flinch at the sudden outburst.

“You know my name, don’t you?” Alyx asked quietly, her eyes smiling, though her voice was solemn, maybe even a bit sad.

“I don’t! Why should I?”

“Why should you not?”

“Quit playing games, Alyx!” Sora snapped. Alyx’s lips twitched into a smile.

“Oh, so you don’t know it, Sora? It seems to me as if you just said it.” Sora’s eyes went wide as he realized what he had said.

“Alyx…?” Alyx blinked once, slowly, as a confirmation.

“But… I don’t even know you…”

“Your mind may not, but it seems as if your heart does,” Alyx replied, almost sad. “Seems as if Namine didn’t get all the memories back after all… Or maybe they were lost to begin with,” Alyx muttered, more to herself than anything.

Sora, still in shock, stared blankly at Alyx. They remained silent, looking at each other for a few moments more. Then Sora spoke.

“So…you’re a Keyblade Wielder too?”

“Yeah, I am. Just like you, and some others,” Alyx replied. As if to prove her point, she summoned her Keyblade. It was intricate, but still simple. Its pearly blue-gray color, with tints of yellow, looked similar to Sora’s Keyblade’s blade color, but a darker shade. A midnight black crystal was embedded in the blade’s handle, above where Alyx gripped it. The blade itself was as long as Alyx’s arm, and extended to somewhere near the middle of her calf. Unlike Sora’s Keyblade, however, near the back was nothing. Instead of a Keychain, there was nothing.

“Wait. Your… your Keyblade. It has no Keychain.”

“Is that a statement or a question?”

“Both, I guess.”

Alyx scoffed, then spoke.

“No, I don’t have a Keychain.”

“But doesn’t that mean it’s not a real one?” Sora asked confused.

“Oh, it’s real, alright. My Keyblade, however, isn’t the same as yours.”

“How, though?”

“Well, there’s the obvious physical differences and the not-so-obvious non-physical differences.”

“Um, what would those be? The non-physical differences, I mean.”

“Well, to start, it has a higher level of power than yours. Nearly double. And its basis is different as well.”

“Um… basis? You lost me there. . . Alyx.” Sora said her name hesitantly, as if unsure about using it.

“Yeah. Basis. You’ll probably know it as an element. Or, more specifically, and alignment.”

“Um…”

“Such as light, darkness, etcetera, etcetera.”

“Oh. I see so… what’s my, um, basis? And yours?”

“Glad you asked,” Alyx replied, smiling. “Your Keyblade, the Kingdom Key, has its basis of light. So, by this, you’ve become a Wielder of Light. My Keyblade, however, has its basis in twilight.”

“Um… twilight…?”

“Sora… you know the time of day when the sun sets, and it’s halfway between day and night?”

“Yeah, but… what does that have to do with twilight?”

“Well, at that very moment in the day, twilight occurs.”

“So… the basis of twilight is both light and darkness?”

“Well, sort of. But… it’s more than that. Light and darkness are the two starting points. No one is born with a basis of twilight, and no Keyblade is originally a blade with a basis of twilight either.”

“Then how is your blade’s basis twilight then?”

“When-“ Alyx began, but was cut off by a voice calling her name.

“Alyx! Alyx, where are you?”

Alyx cursed under her breath, suddenly alert. She glanced around, then seemed to come to a decision.

“Sora, you have to get out of here.”

“Wai-what? What’s going on?”

“They can’t see you, Sora. Especially not him.” Sounds of people walking on crunching leaves moved closer. “Sora, I need you to run towards those mountains,” Alyx directed him, waving her hand towards a trio of distant peaks. “There’s a lake near the base of them. Wait there for me.” Seeing the uncertainty in Sora’s eyes, she added, “Please.” He nodded, then dashed off. As the leaves that Sora stirred settled, Roxas, Axel, and Xion stormed in.

“There you are, Alyx!” Axel called.

“Sheesh, you pick the weirdest places to hang. It’s all dark and gloomy here,” Roxas commented, earning himself a well aimed hit from Alyx. “Hey!” he yelped, rubbing his arm.

“You earned it,” Alyx replied, her hands held up in a picture of innocence.

“She’s right, Roxas. You had it coming,” Xion agreed. Roxas, stunned, sputtered out his disbelief.

“H-hey! I thought you were on my side, Xion!” They burst out laughing, Roxas still in shock.

“Xion’s right, you know. You did have it coming,” Axel, commented, grinning.

“Not you too, Axel!” Roxas groaned. The three began to laugh again, while Roxas kept a mostly-straight face.

“So, what have you three been doing today?” Alyx inquired, finally managing to stop her laughter.

“Mission,” Axel replied bluntly.

“All together?

“Yup.”

“Well, not really. It ended up that way,” Roxas clarified. Alyx gave a questioning look, prompting Xion to speak up.

“Axel and I were assigned a mission at Halloween Town. When we got there, we saw Roxas. So we decided to work together on our two missions so we could finish faster.” Alyx nodded her understanding.

“What’d you do today?” Axel asked Alyx, deciding that an unspoken mission shouldn’t remain so.

“I got paired with Demyx,” –Axel, Roxas and Xion all groaned collectively- “and we had to find the source of the drop in the number of Heartless in the Twilight Town tunnels.”

“What was it?”

“An enemy that was quickly eradicated.”

“Oh.”

“So, did Demyx slack off again?” Xion questioned, her eyes an empty reflection of pity.

“Nah. Some sharp words whipped him into gear,” Alyx explained casually.

“Now that,” Roxas commented, “Demyx had coming.” The four laughed again, the mostly hollow sound echoing off the trees.

“We better get going, unless we wanna miss the sunset,” Xion noted. She opened a dark portal, and stepped through, with Axel and Roxas close on her heels. Just as Roxas was about to step completely into the portal, he turned to see that Alyx hadn’t moved.

“Hey, Alyx. You coming?” She shook her head. His cheerful expression darkened slightly. “Why not?”

“I have to report back now,” she answered.

“Didn’t RTC yet, huh? Well, I’ll see you around then.”

“Yeah. See you.”

Roxas stepped through, and the portal disappeared.

“Humph. Guess it’s time to RTC,” she muttered. Alyx opened a dark portal and stepped in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back