• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Here's some of my stuff

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.korytco

avril_lavigne_painting_by_brianjosephkory-d5fytwf.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/262/d/c/selina__kyle_by_brianjosephkory-d5f8qpp.jpg

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE...aints_practice_by_brianjosephkory-d5b8o03.jpg

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2...burn_with_deer_by_brianjosephkory-d5c18m6.jpg

Assembled on the computer.

I'm just looking for a forum to make friends and share some art work. Thanks.

I'm relatively new to painting.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I absolutely adore the first painting. It's so well detailed.

As for the other three, I think I have a few problems here and there. The first one is a little too dark for my tastes and the hair looks just a bit too large. The second painting also has them looking a bit oddly proportioned: the necks and hair just don't look like they fit onto the heads well. I love the colors used in the last one, but the perspective of the woman's legs makes her look like she has an incredibly long torso and very stubby legs.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
Something I noticed with the last one that irritates me is that some of the line art is incredibly harsh in comparison to the rest.

dr.korytco

I absolutely adore the first painting. It's so well detailed.

As for the other three, I think I have a few problems here and there. The first one is a little too dark for my tastes and the hair looks just a bit too large. The second painting also has them looking a bit oddly proportioned: the necks and hair just don't look like they fit onto the heads well. I love the colors used in the last one, but the perspective of the woman's legs makes her look like she has an incredibly long torso and very stubby legs.

Thank you, the first one is my latest, the others are earlier paintings. So I've tried to improve.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I love the aesthetic of the first two paintings. I don't agree with Celtis's critique about the hair being too large. Some folks have big, voluminous hair. It doesn't look big to me at all though; I would need to see your reference to to make sure it was painted to scale.

Sora and Kairi look like they belong in the world from the Mirrormask film. The colors give them that dingy, street art look. They're a little stiff but pretty accurate.

The last one could use a bit of work. I thought the pose (the shifting shoulders) and the expression on the woman's face made her look very uncomfortable. Her right leg also looks broken under her calf? The deer also looks like it was cropped from another painting, so I would just work on making everything look more cohesive.

Some interesting work. Keep practicing and posting!

dr.korytco

Thank you. I might have time to start another one soon. I know I'm behind with painting , drawing . I've been practicing lately. I started painting this year around August 25. So I've just started really.

Eioha

You got a good fundation on the first one, really, I find it to be the best (it is also your latest). You've done some decent shadowing, and comes in with the small details, which can awaken a picture/painting, to make it even better. The only thing there really bothers me on the first picture, is(I hope you'r okay with critique): the left eye, it seems like you had a little hard time with that.
But else, I think it's really good, I couldn't do it as good as that. Keep working *thumbs up*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back