• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hate this

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
As I said, if you think you can do a better job, go right ahead. Take my job for about 2-3 weeks and see if you can handle things better.

Now, I'm okay with having ONE thread for goodbyes. That's it. I see it absolutely pointless to have about 20 threads all saying the same thing but with a different author.

And spam doesn't just include those two things you mentioned. If the topic is in the wrong forum, it is technically spam and can either be locked, deleted, or moved. If a topic has already been posted, it is spam. If a post has no relevance to the thread, then it's spam. If the post is partially on-topic but has the intent to drag it off-course, it can be considered spam. If the post is a flame or otherwise attacks another user in a serious manner, then it's spam. Etc Etc. Not everything is as simple as "Oh, this post is just garble, I'll delete it" or "Oh, this thread is about FF, I'll move it to Square-Enix."

*twitch*

R K O

Hollow Bastion said:
As I said, if you think you can do a better job, go right ahead. Take my job for about 2-3 weeks and see if you can handle things better.

Now, I'm okay with having ONE thread for goodbyes. That's it. I see it absolutely pointless to have about 20 threads all saying the same thing but with a different author.

*twitch*
Tempting. Very tempting. Most people would kill for that opportunity but I just don't care at all. The only way that's gonna happen is if the people want me to be mod. Which I doubt. So I say, no thanks to your offer.

One is better than nothing. Since you're a mod, you could discuss it with Kira since he too is having the problem.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Guys calm down. You're arguing about pointless...spam...odd. Whatever.

The smilies can be altered? Yes!! Though that isn't the main point, y'all can do that once the big stuff is over.

Also, how are we expendible? If we were exendable, the mods wouldn't bother. They wouldn't bother keeping us here, they wouldn't bother talking to us and would think of us as little lab mice running around this forsaken world posting our tails off.

Also, why are we arguing this?? This is....to discuss...how we hate this....<_< Eh, whatever.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
..What's this about 'the mods not caring'? Of course we're caring; we're caring about the fact that some you whine too much, which makes us want to lock/delete your topics. It's the thought that counts, right? <3 </sarcasm>

If you want farewell topics to be tolerated again, I'll make a compromise: Stop everyone from leaving exsessively at the same time so that staff won't have to go through all this flooding. Yesterday, almost half of FI's first page was filled with farewell topics.

It is only human nature to hate change, and it is also human nature to grow accustomed to the made changes and get used to it all over again, so I guess you should consider waiting and seeing. I personally don't see why you're all so pissed about losing a few stats that don't really matter, either. Your previous RPG stats will not be restored, but post counts will.. even though the viewing of them will be disabled, sooner or later. They'll still exist, but you won't be able to see anyone's. Think of it as comfort, since you're all gonna be able to have custom titles (regardless of how ever many posts you have). The only thing you're gonna ever have to worry about is your reputation points. So I guess in a way, everyone wins?..

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
RKO as cool as you may be, I have to disagree with you. You shouldn't care about an internet forum so much as to get pissed off over no goodbye threads. Just look how pathetic you sound 'What if they don't know you, but you still liked them.' I mean, you won't really notice that person is gone, if you didn't know them.

Plus, even if a person did leave, it doesn't affect your life. If they were that much of a friend to begin with, then you'd still keep in touch somehow.

R K O

You're right. I do care too much =P But that's just me lol Can't change that now can we?

Doesn't effect my life? If all my friends leave for some unknown reason, would that affect my life? Hell yeah. I'd leave. So yeah, this does have an impact on your life 1 way or another. Even your mood will be affected.
As for keeping in touch, let's just say I'm limited to that option for personal reasons ;)

To Silh0ette:
Dude. You call that flooding? I'm a flooder, I know what floods are. This is just child's play lol
If you really want to stop a "flood" of farewell topics then just make 1 sticky topic. Use the rules TT used in the Self-Pic Thread.
-ONLY post your picture (in this case, if you're leaving, just say it)
-Other posts will be deleted

Kira Haro

Unknown
R K O: Dude. You call that flooding? I'm a flooder, I know what floods are. This is just child's play lol
If you really want to stop a "flood" of farewell topics then just make 1 sticky topic. Use the rules TT used in the Self-Pic Thread.

--I tried that, The Midnighter shot it down for obvious reasons; take it up with him. -_-

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well there are so many reasons i agree and disagree with everyone. I think silh0utte stated things best....

you shouldnt leave for change or stats...

but at the same time i think people should have the right to have there own leaving topics..

it does mean something....ur saying if i dont know a person it doesnt matter? how bout the tsunami victims...they all suffered soo much..we dont know them..bt we still care...

Felix Chu

England..land of a thousand..somethings..
monkeybutt said:
it does mean something....ur saying if i dont know a person it doesnt matter? how bout the tsunami victims...they all suffered soo much..we dont know them..bt we still care...

How can you compare the Tsunami victims to people throwing hissy fits over a FORUM?
People ACTUALLY died in that NATURAL disaster.
What happened on the forums was a mistake, an electronic one...people can get their stats back again. People who died in the tsunami WON'T be coming back. See the difference there?
The people leaving can easily come back. It's not that difficult.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
ya i did sorta screw up comparing life with electornics..but the point i was trying to point was still proved..

you can care for someone you dont know

Felix Chu

England..land of a thousand..somethings..
monkeybutt said:
ya i did sorta screw up comparing life with electornics..but the point i was trying to point was still proved..

No. I don't think it was proved. You compared a REAL LIFE disaster to something that can be fixed, in what? A week? We lost the posts. But we can type them up again in a few minutes. People lost lives, people lost close friends and reletives who they are NEVER GOING to see again. It's going to take them years to get over what happened.
If someone leaves on here, ok, fine, it's sad, but nothing on the scale of a world wide disaster. As someone has mentioned, get their AIM, Yahoo or MSN address and talk to them.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
.......o_O your right in all that..but my point is you can care for people you dont know....

Pretty Pistol

Website
www.geocities.com
Also, why are we arguing this?? This is....to discuss...how we hate this....<_< Eh, whatever.

....Yeah. I didn't expect this to turn into why everyone is leaving, which is a loss, but wont really do anything, unless everyone leaves, which wont happen, becuase some people don't have lives.

The mods have a tough job, and better things to worry about then how to forum looks. I personnally, hate it, but thats not going to change anything. You can't blame them for the source of everyones absence, and if you think they don't care, then consider this: Why do they even bother doing thier job then? Its a big forum and requires a lot of order to keep it running, im sure that their sorry if they can't meet your every expectation.

omega wyrm

Gummi Ship Builder
R K O said:
That's it right there! o_O
The difference between us is that we care too much. You guys don't care at all. If someone leaves, we care. You guys are like "Psh, like it'll make a difference" To you, we're just expendible, just waiting to be replaced.

You told me that if there's a problem, then it should be fixed. Well if someone is planning on leaving (if it doesn't involve personal matters) then we should try to convince them to stay and not just say "Ok. Whatever. Closed"

Maybe you and Kira actually need to learn to care more <<
Of course they think you're expendable. nobody really wants to see whiners cluttering up the message boards. I like the new message boards and the only thing is that the Midnighter needs to ad more items and bots to the RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back