• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hate this

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty Pistol

Website
www.geocities.com
I hate the new forum set up. Im used to the old one, it was a lot nicer in my opinion. Its acctually turning me off from this forum, Who else dosn't like it? Everything feels so different.

R K O

Well it's taking a while for me to adjust. Knowing that too many people are leaving, just makes it tougher. :( To make it worse, Kira prohibits all Farewell Topics <<;; That is just stupid IMO, we need to know who's leaving. That person probably won't even know half of us, but we know him none-the-less. (Geez, do the mods even care???)
So yeah, it's falling apart right now.

We might've made a mistake switching. Deven's Forums will probably never be the same as before.

I'm gonna wait it out, hopefully I won't be forced to leave.

Shinigami

Website
s4.invisionfree.com
R K O said:
Well it's taking a while for me to adjust. Knowing that too many people are leaving, just makes it tougher. :( To make it worse, Kira prohibits all Farewell Topics <<;; That is just stupid IMO, we need to know who's leaving. That person probably won't even know half of us, but we know him none-the-less. (Geez, do the mods even care???)
So yeah, it's falling apart right now.

We might've made a mistake switching. Deven's Forums will probably never be the same as before.

I'm gonna wait it out, hopefully I won't be forced to leave.

Well, what's the poin t of not making a last farewell topic when you're never coming back? Screw her opinion. Just leave when you want. I'm really pissed off because the IPB forum was much much better. I haven't heard from anyone that they like the vB forums better...

New2Ya

I'm lost...
everyone dislikes this forum...thats why im leaving. just stay here to say goodbye to everyone i know, since my topic was closed (farewall topic). guess by who, kira.

aaaanyways, i agree, this forum is falling apart, and many members are leaving. (the members who have helped grow this forum btw (and im not talkin bout me, lol!))

R K O

Shinigami said:
Well, what's the poin t of not making a last farewell topic when you're never coming back? Screw her opinion. Just leave when you want. I'm really pissed off because the IPB forum was much much better. I haven't heard from anyone that they like the vB forums better...
Well you might as well tell your friends your leaving. It's the least you can do really.

I've mainly seen the mods and Midnighter say that the vB forums are better. Wow, I'm suprised *sarcasm* They're all like this *crosses fingers*
I haven't seen too much members say they like it. I know I've seen a very few.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I use the dark layout on purpose cuz it looks better than the white one....although its no use anymore, since im gone in a few days, hahaha.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Perhaps I like these forums because I like vB more than I do IPB? Ever thought of that, R K O? Personally I never liked IPB. I was more used to vB (I had previously been to about 3-4 other vB message boards before joining KH2.net). I like its layout more.

And you people are leaving the forums because of change? Wow. You really are pitiful. Oh well. If you want to leave because of such a pathetic reason, okay then. Leave. Doesn't bother me a single bit.

R K O

Hollow Bastion said:
Leave. Doesn't bother me a single bit.
That's it right there! o_O
The difference between us is that we care too much. You guys don't care at all. If someone leaves, we care. You guys are like "Psh, like it'll make a difference" To you, we're just expendible, just waiting to be replaced.

You told me that if there's a problem, then it should be fixed. Well if someone is planning on leaving (if it doesn't involve personal matters) then we should try to convince them to stay and not just say "Ok. Whatever. Closed"

Maybe you and Kira actually need to learn to care more <<

Broken_Dreams

I think people should stay and give the new forums a chance. So maybe it's been a rocky few days, everything should be better in a few weeks once we get used to it.

It's too bad people are leaving, but I wasn't here long enough to get to know anyone really well.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
I'm still in the middle. So far, this place is very different (d'uh), but these forums were the first I'd ever been too. I've seen alot since then. I'm used to IBP, I liked that dark blue skin. Also...the smilies were good. I liked them stupid yellow blobs...they could do this...<_< Yeah, anyways.

I can understand closing farewell topics. There were a lot. What could have happened is they make a sticky for about 5 days and all who are leaving can say buh-bye there. We can say good-bye also, and after 5 days, close it.

I have to agree, y'all are being impatient, wait it out. For instance, I had about 1900 posts and now...30 (unless Midnighter fixed it). I'm not complaining. He said he'd fix it.

He's getting his second chance right now to fix everything (the url, posts, threads). After that hopefully enough older people will still be here to keep this place running and from slipping to the n00bs.

That's my response. Be patient, deal with the n00bs, and don't give hte mods a hard time. They've got enough problems with us complaining as it is.

OmegaHeartless

R K O said:
The difference between us is that we care too much. You guys don't care at all. If someone leaves, we care. You guys are like "Psh, like it'll make a difference" To you, we're just expendible, just waiting to be replaced.

You told me that if there's a problem, then it should be fixed. Well if someone is planning on leaving (if it doesn't involve personal matters) then we should try to convince them to stay and not just say "Ok. Whatever. Closed"

R K O you took the words right out of my mouth, the mods don't care about the people of this forum as you said they think of us as expendible!

Felix Chu

England..land of a thousand..somethings..
EmZexion said:
I truly believe that the mods do think we are expandable especially the midnighter he doesn't care about anybody one goddamn bit.

And most of you people seem to think the Mods are super human and can do anything just by thinking about it.
I agree with Hollow Bastion. Though, it is sad to see some members leave, and I kinda disliked the idea of the forums changing. But I'm getting used to it. I don't see why so many people are upset over a forum? A FORUM for crying out loud. A place that vitually exsists. If you leave, what's going to happen? Nothing. Why, because it won't.
The reason why most of the goodbye threads are closed is, that I believe, that people are being too over dramatic about it.
"I HATE THESE FORUMS!! I'M LEAVING!", that may not be over dramatic, but it's similar to what people are doing.
Most of you really don't have any patience. Server changes are NEVER going to be smooth. The mods and people who work on these forums are probably breaking their backs to try and keep the members happy, from what I've seen, none of it is satisfying you. Why can't half of you just accept what is happening and deal with the fact that people here are trying to do their best for you because obviously that isn't enough for you.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
R K O said:

Oh, so now you think I'm acting high and mighty now, eh? Look, I know that it's best that people stay here and continue to contribute, but when someone leaves, does that require a person to make a thread about it? No. Usually it turns into a spamfest and becomes pointless. If someone wants to leave and you're planning on stopping them, THEN CONTACT THEM VIA INSTANT MESSENGER. If you're a friend of that person, then most likely you talk to them via IM sometimes. Well, if they're planning to leave, those people are equally capable of telling their friends VIA IM that they plan on leaving. You can hear them out there rather than wasting space here. Would you want to see 20+ threads in this forum all about the exact same thing with the exact same responses, just with a different thread starter? Hm?

Do I think people are expendable? No. The people of the message board make up this message board. Take away those people and the board dies. I would love that no one leaves, but I accept that some people have viable reasons for leaving, such as school or loss of internet privs. But leaving simply because of some forum changes you dislike isn't acceptable in my eyes.

If you think you can do a better job of being a mod, then why don't you try the job out yourself for a few weeks?

[/rant]

Also...the smilies were good. I liked them stupid yellow blobs...they could do this...<_< Yeah, anyways.
Actually, I think the smilies can be altered to include many many more. Apparently, though, that hasn't happened.

-HB, very annoyed and pissed-off

R K O

Hollow Bastion said:
but when someone leaves, does that require a person to make a thread about it? No. Usually it turns into a spamfest and becomes pointless.

Would you want to see 20+ threads in this forum all about the exact same thing with the exact same responses, just with a different thread starter? Hm?

If you think you can do a better job of being a mod, then why don't you try the job out yourself for a few weeks?
Do you even know what SPAM is? Spam is:
1) Just a bunch of random words. No meaning.
2) Random words that don't even involve the topic.
These topics can NEVER be spam cause they are on topic. And they have meaning to them. It's not pointless.

Absolutely. There should atleast be a place where we can say our goodbyes in peace without it being locked.
Let's take SoS for example. He doesn't even know some of us, but yet we know him and care. You expect us to know he left, if he doensn't even contact us? Let alone know us.

Me? A mod? lmao!

And if you're pissed, don't bother replying to this. It'll just make things longer for the both of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back