• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General Kingdom Hearts Manga Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KudoTsurugi

Awards
The next chapter has been delayed to December 7th, according to Gangan Online

2 quid is good

Awards
Here's what I'm understanding - please correct me if I'm wrong bc I probably am - but are they valuing the English version of the manga highly enough that they want to complete the manga before the Yen Press contract runs out?

Inconceivable to me, they finally start giving a damn about the western side of things only to it's detriment... wouldn't it be so much better to just put it on hiatus until contracts are sorted? Or is the rush for ending the manga because they want KH3's slot for something else?

This is honestly so sad. I was looking forward to Amano's adaptation SO much, I loved how he would add and rearrange events, and would give us so many fun interactions that really try to take advantage of KH's unique world. It's even sadder that he actually seemed so excited for this project too!

Oh well... maybe they can still revisit BBS at some point....(me when I cope)

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Here's what I'm understanding - please correct me if I'm wrong bc I probably am - but are they valuing the English version of the manga highly enough that they want to complete the manga before the Yen Press contract runs out?

Inconceivable to me, they finally start giving a damn about the western side of things only to it's detriment... wouldn't it be so much better to just put it on hiatus until contracts are sorted? Or is the rush for ending the manga because they want KH3's slot for something else?

This is honestly so sad. I was looking forward to Amano's adaptation SO much, I loved how he would add and rearrange events, and would give us so many fun interactions that really try to take advantage of KH's unique world. It's even sadder that he actually seemed so excited for this project too!

Oh well... maybe they can still revisit BBS at some point....(me when I cope)
Unfortunately that’s a moot point since Yen Press’ contract already ran out last month, and again, all the Disney stuff they had is gone. Plus, even if the West didn’t have access, the manga would go on regardless. Heck, we had no English volumes of KH2 past volume 2 when Tokyopop lost the license but the manga still kept going in Japan.

I don’t know what’s going on, but it’s not the first time the KH manga overall has skipped over worlds that were in the games. This is just the one where it’s most apparent.

I don’t know whose decision upstairs it was to skip straight to the Keyblade Graveyard, but it’s happening whether we like it or not. I just hope somebody grabs the manga license before we reach the end. At the pace the story is going, I could see this manga ending at about 5-6 volumes.

Zackarix

Awards
Yen Press' contract has already run out.
Wait, is that why I haven't seen a new chapter in the Google Play Book store in months? And why most of the chapters no longer show up in search results? (But oddly enough chapters 14 and 15 still show up.)

I understand that business and contracts are complicated and they have more priorities than this one series, but you'd think they'd want to stay ahead of fan translations.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
From the way things are looking, I’m guessing the next chapters for the KH3 manga won’t be out until the New Year. I imagine/hope Amano sensei is using this time to plan out the Keyblade Graveyard arc.

The current listed release date is December 21st, but I’m not confident that it will be out by then.

Awards
From the way things are looking, I’m guessing the next chapters for the KH3 manga won’t be out until the New Year. I imagine/hope Amano sensei is using this time to plan out the Keyblade Graveyard arc.

The current listed release date is December 21st, but I’m not confident that it will be out by then.
What is there to plan out? From the way the KH3 manga's been, all he has to do is basically do an abridged copy paste where the whole thing basically gets speedran.

Luxord is barely a character in the KH3 manga so far ffs.

I admire your optimism toward Amano but I honestly think he fumbled with this manga

KudoTsurugi

Awards
What is there to plan out? From the way the KH3 manga's been, all he has to do is basically do an abridged copy paste where the whole thing basically gets speedran.

Luxord is barely a character in the KH3 manga so far ffs.

I admire your optimism toward Amano but I honestly think he fumbled with this manga
Hey, for all I know, he could pull another “Demyx gets fought at the final level”-like scenario from out of nowhere or have Yozora show up in the Final World to pull a Mushu 4th wall break. There’s no way of knowing at this point.

And honestly, if he were to show up as a guest at a convention, the skipped worlds thing would be at the top of my question list. As you’ve said, it really stands out with this manga, and I’d love to know why.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It obviously wasn't his choice. Given the rushed nature of the manga and how it came out of nowhere, it's obvious Square wanted a quick cashgrab and didn't want to invest a penny more than the bare minimum given how long it took to complete KH2.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
It obviously wasn't his choice. Given the rushed nature of the manga and how it came out of nowhere, it's obvious Square wanted a quick cashgrab and didn't want to invest a penny more than the bare minimum given how long it took to complete KH2.
Don't want to throw shade, but similar to KH3 itself. Not that it's a crash grab, but (imho) less led by art and more by commerce compared to its predecessors.

Awards
Yeah. I'm kinda just starting to think Amano didn't even want to do a KH3 manga so he's just doing the bare minimum so he can get it done and leave.

Like, the mere fact he treated a character's introduction as just a two panel joke should really say everything.

He doesn't WANT to do this manga, but he is anyway while not exactly caring enough to do more than a basic rushed adaptation with a more shallow version of his writing style from the previous manga.

KudoTsurugi

Awards

I stand corrected! And we have our chapter title, The 9 Guardians of Light. Looks like it’ll just be covering the calm before the storm if the preview image is anything to go by.
IMG_1808.jpeg

Also this image is a sweet choice, we actually see them biting on each other’s Paopu fruit rather than the cutaway the game did.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I stand corrected! And we have our chapter title, The 9 Guardians of Light. Looks like it’ll just be covering the calm before the storm if the preview image is anything to go by.
View attachment 16309

Also this image is a sweet choice, we actually see them biting on each other’s Paopu fruit rather than the cutaway the game did.
SoKai shippers eating well, sounds like.

Awards
View attachment 16309

I can only guess that Repliku isn't in this chapter either.

Back