• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General Kingdom Hearts Manga Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Yeah it’s probably for the best they didn’t expand on him, it probably wouldn’t differ that much from the movie

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Next manga chapter has been delayed to August 3rd.

Does anyone know when Yen Press will release Volume 3 for KH3’s manga?

WaltK

Awards
Does anyone know when Yen Press will release Volume 3 for KH3’s manga?
No idea. For the sake of reference, the Japanese to English release gap for volumes 1 and 2 were 9 and 11 months, respectively. Which would put volume 3 at around… December to February?

I don't understand why this delay is even a thing. Yen Press are still translating and releasing the individual chapters as ebooks almost immediately after their Japanese releases (the cover of the most recent release indicates that they too have just reached the end of Arendelle), so why should the volumes take longer?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
No idea. For the sake of reference, the Japanese to English release gap for volumes 1 and 2 were 9 and 11 months, respectively. Which would put volume 3 at around… December to February?

I don't understand why this delay is even a thing. Yen Press are still translating and releasing the individual chapters as ebooks almost immediately after their Japanese releases (the cover of the most recent release indicates that they too have just reached the end of Arendelle), so why should the volumes take longer?
That reference actually helps, thanks😄👍 But yeah, why does it take so long? If it’s a matter of waiting for clean scans from the tankoban, they should have them already after the Japanese volume released, shouldn’t they? Would only be a matter of transferring the translations which, while probably tedious, shouldn’t take too long. Then again, maybe the people in charge of this manga are also localising multiple manga at once?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Probably because at the time, every other novel adaptation had been out for a while and they wanted them all in one place.
Meanwhile the KH3 novels, if I remember right, were being released in a similar timeframe between East and West not long after KH3 came out. I wish they were able to release those side story novels though, i don’t know if they were included in the English releases of other books or not.

On topic, we have our next chapter and the final chapter of the Frozen arc.

We pick up where we left off with Elsa freezing Anna’s heart, then go back to the SDG trio. Funny to see a tent being among their supplies they got from that shop in the last chapter.
View attachment 16164

Also Marshmallow has joined the party! Love Sora’s reaction here🤣 They even piggyback a ride off him.
View attachment 16165 View attachment 16166
Marshmallow does not hide from Kristoph and is with the trio when they talk to Kristoph.

Hi Hans, bye Hans👋 Yeah, much like the game, Hans is a non entity in this chapter, no speaking lines at all, and no heartless fight either.
View attachment 16167

Finally the chapter ends much like the world did, with the kingdom thawed from the ice and Sora wondering about Larxene’s words about the Organization having all their members. Also Marshmallow get his own flurry cloud, that’s nice 😊
View attachment 16168
It's a shame it looks like the manga also didn't do anything special with the Elsa/Anna part of Arendelle. But at least we get more SDG content with Marshmallow. I'm glad they'll be leaving the Frozen aspects of the story given how strict it seems to be. I hope the Monstropolis portion will be fun with more freedom.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Yeahhhhh, now that I think about it, it does sound kinda dumb😓 I dunno, I guess I was thinking maybe it could be something to do with management from the higher-ups or something. Either way, I doubt we’ll know the real answer.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Not much to go off for the thumbnail for the next chapter, just Sora saying “May my heart be my guiding key”. Might be just chatting with Ienzo over the phone on the Gummi Ship before heading off to the next location
BC148EC3-D356-4064-81A6-EC7C3E303FFD.jpeg

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Twitter is telling me they're skipping to Anti-Aqua.
Wow, Amano-sensei’s moving fast! Either we’re skipping all the worlds before that and getting straight to waking Ven after, or they’re doing the Anti-Aqua fight sooner, then we go on to some of the other worlds, and the waking Ven scene after.

Either way I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes. Reeeeally hope we get to see Baymax and Big Hero 6 in the manga 🤞

Awards
From what I heard it not only
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
Aww, that’s a shame if true:cry: I would’ve loved to see that fight
Kinda makes me worried for the rest of the manga. If he actually deleted the three remaining worlds and is also basically avoiding having to draw a fight (i mean jeez look at the Arendelle chapters), the endgame in the manga will feel both bloated and rushed due to how he's basically speedrunning the thing while also making things anti-climactic via said speedrunning.

Awards
From what I heard it not only
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I was right.

He cut out Sora vs Anti-Aqua, removed the Demon Tower after it nabbed Mickey, cut out the Gayblade. Sora vs Anti-Aqua basically got replaced by an unnecessary panel of Donald and Goofy sitting in front of that door Sora summoned. Oh btw, that Org meeting where Xemnas talks about that ancient keyblade legacy stuff? Six pages, Demyx and Luxord are like...barely there. Three and two panels respectively.

Back