• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General Kingdom Hearts Manga Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Well that sucks. That just means the KH3 manga won't be as fun as the previous manga adaptations, especially since Kairi was a much more enjoyable character in the KH2 manga.
Well, we are still in the early stages of the manga, relatively speaking. This is still the first bunch of worlds, so maybe we’ll see more freedom in the later worlds as we go along.
I just want to make clear the volumes are not bad. There is still a lot of fun in them, especially the Olympus chapters with Hades. They still have enjoyable moments that will surely get memes when more people read them. But for the most part they seem to be playing it safe and following the games pacing much closer which is something to take note of. It's too early to tell if Kairi keeps her Manga persona as she doesn't have much to work with until later anyway.

I still think the biggest loss will be the Manga's take on the Wayfinder trio. Aqua had one panel of breaking character and it was more personality then she ever had in the BBS game. I think it will probably hit Terra the most, as there will be time to have a little fun with Aqua and Ventus before the Keyblade War.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
SORA WAKE UP YOU LAZY BUM!! 😂
AD912420-2918-4A09-8C83-CA495CDDA39A.jpeg

So yeah, we finally conclude our time in the Kingdom of Corona. This chapter covers from Rapunzel finding out her origin to basically the end of the world’s story. No boss fight here either, though we do get a bit of commentary from Marluxia as Gothel falls to her death.

And we do see a bit with Maleficent and Pete at the tail end. Looking forward to when the English volumes officially come out so I can read them TTwTT
E29B5EEE-7475-4E1D-B829-3F77508514D3.jpeg

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Sora sleeping his way through the forest to save Rapunzel looks to be a entertaining read. With the Tangled World finished that means they'll move to Monstropolis next aka the second best world in KH3. I hope they take advantage of it as there is so much potential for fun in that world.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sora sleeping his way through the forest to save Rapunzel looks to be a entertaining read. With the Tangled World finished that means they'll move to Monstropolis next aka the second best world in KH3. I hope they take advantage of it as there is so much potential for fun in that world.
Looking forward to Monstropolis myself. Can't wait to read the manga's version of Sully hurling Vanitas through a door.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
After Monstropolis I think the only Disney World I'm semi looking forward to is San Fransokyo. Mainly because I love Baymax and can't wait to see the manga version of Keyblade Hero 3. There is a 90% chance they skip Pirates and Arendelle probably has the same restrictions. I would personally love to see Sora, Donald, and Goofy have a wacky adventure with Elsa and Anna especially in Shiro Amano's style of humor, but I don't see it. Did they do anything noteworthy with Rapunzel?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I actually wonder if they’ll skip Pirates this time around 🤔

Amano could pull what he did with Mulan and reintroduce them with a fourth wall break for all we know

SweetYetSalty

Awards

Amano could pull what he did with Mulan and reintroduce them with a fourth wall break for all we know
I think there's more to it then that. Kingdom Hearts has always been selective when they use the Caribbean world in material. There's also stuff with Johnny Depp. I imagine he needs a salary whenever they use his image. The novels were able to get away with it as Amano did no artwork of the world at all. They didn't use any Pirates worlds for Melody of Memory so there could be a possible second license or something. I don't know. I'd be shocked if they did Pirates in the KH3 manga.

That does bring up a interesting question on how they would do the Black Box dialogue as it's pretty important. They could have Luxord and Vexen appear somewhere else like Twilight Town or Radiant Garden to discuss it which would semi count as new content.

WaltK

Awards

PotC doesn't really lend itself to a fourth-wall-breaking joke like that. It worked with Mushu because he's a wacky demigod dragon thing.

I imagine they'll skip Caribbean again, but if not, it'd just be easier to change the story so that this is Sora and co's first visit there, like what they did with Olympus in the KH2 novelisation.

Holcumb

Awards
Hi everyone,

I pretty much am trying to get used to how short manga is compare to anime, so I thought I'll read the KH mangas.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Hi everyone,

I pretty much am trying to get used to how short manga is compare to anime, so I thought I'll read the KH mangas.
Welcome 🤗 Feel free to share your favourite moments from the manga here

KudoTsurugi

Awards
We finally have a cover for Volume 3 of KH3! Gangan Online have links on their page for the manga volume listing it releasing on March 10th in Japan.

D5B7B01F-A116-44F0-A957-361ED604D6EF.jpeg

And it looks like our next world to cover in the upcoming arc will be Arendelle, aka Frozen.
1677721049440.png

Willow A113

Awards
We finally have a cover for Volume 3 of KH3! Gangan Online have links on their page for the manga volume listing it releasing on March 10th in Japan.

View attachment 16081

And it looks like our next world to cover in the upcoming arc will be Arendelle, aka Frozen.
View attachment 16082
That art is so good. I wish these entire volumes were in color!

AleMustDie

Awards
It's Flantastic but,
there is Yozora in the Manga too? The Verum Rex 's Opening

KudoTsurugi

Awards
It's Flantastic but,
there is Yozora in the Manga too? The Verum Rex 's Opening
Yeah but only that in-game ad. They don’t cover Sora getting sucked into the game.

Whether or not they’ll cover Sora’s duel with Yozora or reference him again remains to be seen.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Chapter 28 is up for reading on the Gangan Online site. The chapter cover Sora’s video call to Mickey and Riku discussing Replicas
6B28D76E-563D-4BC8-93F0-7A164A848134.jpeg
Mickey and Riku chapter with Ienzo at Ansem’s study, Vexen returning to the Organization,
A03277DD-2FBD-4F8E-91A6-35BFFA5D9EA0.jpeg
and finally the SDG trio meeting Elsa in Arrendale
F49F46E7-49CE-40E8-A9E5-C89CC5630A8A.jpeg23E1589B-0897-42C7-8D57-6E0432467074.jpeg

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Chapter 28 is up for reading on the Gangan Online site. The chapter cover Sora’s video call to Mickey and Riku discussing Replicas
View attachment 16091
Mickey and Riku chapter with Ienzo at Ansem’s study, Vexen returning to the Organization,
View attachment 16092
and finally the SDG trio meeting Elsa in Arrendale
View attachment 16093View attachment 16094
I'm wondering if they'll bring up the Vexen replicas. Also it seems they went to Arendelle before Monstropolis.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
So this was a fun fact to find out

Shiro Amano got the job making Kingdom Hearts a manga thanks to a gag manga they made for Parasite Eve? That’s a connection I didn’t see coming, but a pretty cool one too😃

An image I didn't know I needed lol. Seriously, thanks to this franchise's potential involvement, I still dream about seeing Aya in KH someday, despite being least relevant it's ever been.

I'm wondering if they'll bring up the Vexen replicas. Also it seems they went to Arendelle before Monstropolis.

The manga has been known to trim a couple worlds here and there. And occasionally switch up the visiting order. Hopefully it's the latter, since thematically Monstropolis is one of the more satisfying.

(And, yes, bring back the Vexen Replica's. It's perfect for KH3, and it makes me lol.)

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
i imagine he wandered around until he reached the Dark Shore, though it will be curious to see Riku’s reaction

Back