• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gangsta Rap vs. Rock

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sephy 9 2 5

Eclipse said:
besides, you don't need to be taught to rap. I don't see any rap schools. =/

Rap can be self-taught by observing others with more experience. Rap schools do exist in urban areas.

Rockstars can not sing effectively and they likewise would not do well on American Idol either.

E

Eclipse

Rap can be self-taught by observing others with more experience. Rap schools do exist in urban areas.

lmao

Rockstars can not sing effectively and they likewise would not do well on American Idol either.

where did you hear this? that's a generalized statement. I understand some sorts of heavy metal and screamo, but most modern rock isn't that way

Linkin Park, Crossfade, Breaking Benjamin, blah blah blah they can all sing.

KingBlade

by sinspire^
.___.

oh yes, as in the majority of rap really tries to connect with the daily sex life in a downtown megaclub.

Most rock isn't head-banging >.> unless you're talking about that screamo/heavy metal stuff. And if you listened to the lyrics, maybe you'd realize even they are trying to connect.

Anybody can rap, it takes no musical talent whatsoever. You don't need to know how to sing or play an instrument, just know how to talk fast and on beat.

Rock artists can at least sing and play an instrument >.>

Wow...just wow.

Anyone can rap? I can't, that pretty much kills your statement. Can you rap? Its not as easy as it looks. It may look like it, just talking fast, and going with the beat but, it isn't. Even when the most horrible rappers may have horrible raps about pointless things, most of the time. They still have the talent to rap.

Rapping ain't easy. Most kids think they can when they can't. Can you make up a rap within a few seconds and make it go with the beat? And I mean rap battling because thats what happens on the streets. I don't think not a lot can.

Just because, rock bands have the instrumental talents doesn't mean they are any greater. Playing a instrument, you can take a lesson and teach yourself, your own style and make you own songs.

Being a rockstar and being a rapper isn't so easy. I personlly like Rock and Rap. Some rappers I don't like because of what they rap about. I don't like all rock bands becuase I like what they sing about.

I like rock but, do I like slipknot? No

My whole freaking school likes them.

I like rap but, do I like 50 cent? No

My whole freaking old school like him.

A lot of people here like rap or rock because a lot them grew with friends who like them. I lived in the city all my life and its was very ghetto there, gangs everywhere, a high school on probation and on the brink of being shut down. Most of all city teens like Rap, Hip-Hop, amd R&B. Did I see anyone like rock? Nope. If, they were, they were the outcasts. And everyone made fun of them.

I moved to the suburbs and I find people who like rock. They are the one who laugh at the people who like rap. They make fun of them.

People who like any type of music are influenced by there environment and where they grow. Most of them at least.

As for me:

Rap isn't the best.
Rock isn't the best.

Rap = Rock

They are both good but, they will always be enemies and this topic is my proof.

End. Of. Story.

LadySamurai87

I don't mind people that like rap. I think you're allowed to like what you want. I think to become popular, you've got to have some talent. I too grew up in a not-so-nice neighborhood. I mostly didn't listen to music back then...mostly because I didn't speak English and I couldn't afford to buy a bunch of CDs. But yeah, I think you're right Silent Soldier. People tend to join the bandwagon and say they like something. I don't like 50 Cent or Slipknot either. I tend to listen to a lot of japanese music...which no one at my school listens to since the only Asians are either Korean or from Vietnam. The stuff I do listen to in English tends to be the bands no one likes or thinks is uncool, though I do listen to the popular stuff sometimes too. ^_^" When I blast my Tsubasa soundtrack, my mother thinks it's opera or something. XD

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Style=/= lyrics. I thought a music guru like yourself would know that?

Then, if we're talking about today, your comment on hoe rock talks about sex comes crashing down.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Then, if we're talking about today, your comment on hoe rock talks about sex comes crashing down.

What i'm saying is that saying "the reason I hate rap is because of all the sex and drugs" is hypocritical because then you also would hate most of rock.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Wow...just wow.

Anyone can rap? I can't, that pretty much kills your statement. Can you rap? Its not as easy as it looks. It may look like it, just talking fast, and going with the beat but, it isn't. Even when the most horrible rappers may have horrible raps about pointless things, most of the time. They still have the talent to rap.

Rapping ain't easy. Most kids think they can when they can't. Can you make up a rap within a few seconds and make it go with the beat? And I mean rap battling because thats what happens on the streets. I don't think not a lot can.

Just because, rock bands have the instrumental talents doesn't mean they are any greater. Playing a instrument, you can take a lesson and teach yourself, your own style and make you own songs.

Being a rockstar and being a rapper isn't so easy. I personlly like Rock and Rap. Some rappers I don't like because of what they rap about. I don't like all rock bands becuase I like what they sing about.

I like rock but, do I like slipknot? No

My whole freaking school likes them.

I like rap but, do I like 50 cent? No

My whole freaking old school like him.

A lot of people here like rap or rock because a lot them grew with friends who like them. I lived in the city all my life and its was very ghetto there, gangs everywhere, a high school on probation and on the brink of being shut down. Most of all city teens like Rap, Hip-Hop, amd R&B. Did I see anyone like rock? Nope. If, they were, they were the outcasts. And everyone made fun of them.

I moved to the suburbs and I find people who like rock. They are the one who laugh at the people who like rap. They make fun of them.

People who like any type of music are influenced by there environment and where they grow. Most of them at least.

As for me:

Rap isn't the best.
Rock isn't the best.

Rap = Rock

They are both good but, they will always be enemies and this topic is my proof.

End. Of. Story.

Spoken like a true genius. Rap takes just as much talent as Rock. There will always be bad rappers and their will always be good rappers. The same could be said about Rockstars. I prefer Rap, but I would not go out and say that Rock takes no talent. They are both even, just like this guy said.

E

Eclipse

Can you rap?

yup

Rap takes just as much talent as Rock.

like i said not really. And if you wanna become a successful rap artist, you don't have to go into a rap battle. You just need to make sure you don't get shot, and have connections with a music producer, spend as long as you like coming up with a beat and lyrics, and LOL PLATINUM ALBUM!!

Rap takes just as much talent as Rock.

that's old school rock. Rock nowadays doesn't really talk about that.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan

Can you rap good? Doubt it.

like i said not really. And if you wanna become a successful rap artist, you don't have to go into a rap battle. You just need to make sure you don't get shot, and have connections with a music producer, spend as long as you like coming up with a beat and lyrics, and LOL PLATINUM ALBUM!!

You underestimate how hard it is to get into the music buissness and succed. Connections with a music producer dosn't gaurante success. Do you really think just making a "good" song is going to cut it? Hell no, you're song has to be great, or its deemed garbage. I know, I've had freinds that have been shot down numerous times, and they had really good albums, but they wern't great. But once you become famous, you can write whatever you want and it will most likely sell. The same goes for rock. Trying to make it in almost any genre is hard. Very, very, very hard.

LuvKyou

Personally, I like both. But I do actually like rock more. They pretty much have the same purpose, like all music, to tell of a person's feelings, ideas, to tell of the troubles they went through. Of course then, there's the mindless crap that is largely played on the radio...which is annoying. I prefer rock more because I've found there to be more rock that I can relate to than rap.Especially there being more and more rap about girls, sex, pimps, money etc etc. Also, I just like the sound of rock more, as rap seems a bit repetitive sometimes. I like the guitars, bass, drums and stuff =D

PS: Nice Albel sig, Pho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back