• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gametrailers Birth by Sleep Video Preview

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 87467

pretty epic

Im buying a copy for me and my best friend so we can play

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
THANK... FLIPPIN'... GOODNESS that he didn't mention "Kingdom Hearts 3" in the video. That makes me so happy!

And I also liked how they allowed us to hear some of the cutscene dialogue very clearly. Very cool preview!

So pumped up for this game now! Can't wait!

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I have no idea why, but the few lines we heard actually redeemed me for the English VA. It sucks that this game is coming out just as school starts again...

That's because voice actors sound better in-game than they do in the trailers. Plus the early versions of the trailers had crappy editting and loud music.

lol, I've been in school since the beginning of this month. I'm actually excited because once the game comes out, I'll be able to come to Video Game Club on the school and play with my friends via Mirage Arena.

Key

Exile
Awards
That's because voice actors sound better in-game than they do in the trailers. Plus the early versions of the trailers had crappy editting and loud music.

lol, I've been in school since the beginning of this month. I'm actually excited because once the game comes out, I'll be able to come to Video Game Club on the school and play with my friends via Mirage Arena.

Lucky. i have approx. three friends who are getting this game, and one's going to college D:

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Okay so that is strange. You all heard the music and it definitely wasn't part of the Japanese BBS soundtrack.

You might say that they just used some of their own music for the preview, but funny thing is, Gametrailers never does that. In the Gamespot preview, there was also music previously unheard.

You think Shimomura actually wrote more music? :)

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Wow really an 8.4? You would think it would get a better score than KH2 did?

Don't worry; I think it will be excellent. I just meant to say that I don't think GT likes/will like it. I've watched their reviews for a number of years, and what I've realized is that they don't like complicated stories. That's as blatant as I could put it. They don't like stories that actually involve understanding material from other games in order to fill in ambiguities and whatnot. They see that this is a prequel, and if they see the slightest implication that it's best experienced after the other games anyway, they'll be turned off to it. Also, notice how uninterested they sounded with the battle system. They were subtly making fun of the similarities between it and the past installments. They'll see a game that focuses primarily on the story, they won't like the story because of the complications that it's sure to cause, and they'll criticize it for not going over the details of what happened in the other games.

We're talking about the site that gave MGS 4, one of the most brilliantly designed (visually, conceptually, and in every other aspect) games to ever grace the industry, an 8.7 because its story was hard to follow.

I remember when Days came around. Keep in mind that, like most people on this forum (or at least in this section of it), I'm a hardcore fan, and I still think Days deserved what it got on GT, a 7.9. It surprises me that it actually got that high of a score, which leads me to believe that it was given a grading curve in order not to offend the KH fanbase, thereby, keeping viewers from being disillusioned by GT. Because of this, I think it will get roughly an 8.4 or so (I picked that because it's a common score for a lot of games on the site), and I think it will be that high with the concern of staying on good terms with a chunk of their own fanbase (that being the KH fans).

Last edited:

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
We're talking about the site that gave MGS 4, one of the most brilliantly designed (visually, conceptually, and in every other aspect) games to ever grace the industry, an 8.7 because its story was hard to follow.

That annoys me :/

This site is GameTrailers, right?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Okay so that is strange. You all heard the music and it definitely wasn't part of the Japanese BBS soundtrack.

You might say that they just used some of their own music for the preview, but funny thing is, Gametrailers never does that. In the Gamespot preview, there was also music previously unheard.

You think Shimomura actually wrote more music? :)

No, Shimomura had nothing to do with this music, it was just music that Gametrailers slapped on there.

Don't worry; I think it will be excellent. I just meant to say that I don't think GT likes/will like it. I've watched their reviews for a number of years, and what I've realized is that they don't like complicated stories. That's as blatant as I could put it. They don't like stories that actually involve understanding material from other games in order to fill in ambiguities and whatnot. They see that this is a prequel, and if they see the slightest implication that it's best experienced after the other games anyway, they'll be turned off to it. Also, notice how uninterested they sounded with the battle system. They were subtly making fun of the similarities between it and the past installments. They'll see a game that focuses primarily on the story, they won't like the story because of the complications that it's sure to cause, and they'll criticize it for not going over the details of what happened in the other games.

This is why I don't like big-name websites' reviews that much...

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
you can create your own d-links? and share them with people?

Yeah. Whenever you play the Mirage Arena with friends, you request the game make a D-Link of them, and then in-game, you can use whatever command board they were using at the time.

@skyfoxx: About the VA, yeah, I always knew in-game was going to be better. For some reason even for the final trailer, they used early recordings instead of final ones. I guess to still give us new content when the game comes out.

chrisora2066

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah. Whenever you play the Mirage Arena with friends, you request the game make a D-Link of them, and then in-game, you can use whatever command board they were using at the time.

@skyfoxx: About the VA, yeah, I always knew in-game was going to be better. For some reason even for the final trailer, they used early recordings instead of final ones. I guess to still give us new content when the game comes out.

wow thats amazing i actually never understood those main character dlinks

TheBucket

Website
www.youtube.com
wow thats amazing i actually never understood those main character dlinks

Neither did I at first. I was actually picturing something a bit neater. I thought it meant that, if you and your friend were currently connected via ad hoc, then you could D-Link them right into your gameplay. As in you'd D-Link their friend card, and they'd start playing right next to you.

Of course, that was also when I thought D-Links were the same as summons. Oh well.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Neither did I at first. I was actually picturing something a bit neater. I thought it meant that, if you and your friend were currently connected via ad hoc, then you could D-Link them right into your gameplay. As in you'd D-Link their friend card, and they'd start playing right next to you.

Of course, that was also when I thought D-Links were the same as summons. Oh well.

That'd only cause a lot of lag and errors in the game and be too complicated for it's own good to be honest.

TheBucket

Website
www.youtube.com
That'd only cause a lot of lag and errors in the game and be too complicated for it's own good to be honest.

Yeah, true...they had said once that they were thinking of going multi-UMD. I think they should have. Then maybe they could have added the extra stuff. Like capes. Spreading out some of the game data onto multiple discs may have given them a bit more space for processing.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Like capes.

Well the capes weren't just data. They also caused lag.

Think about it... multiplayer can range to 6 players. Imagine 6 capes flapping around violenty on a PSP? The PSP wouldn't be able to handle that and it has nothing to do with the UMD themselves.

I honestly think the game is fine as it is... and the fact that the US/EUR/PAL regions are getting more content just makes it even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back