• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

for anyone who has JAP bbs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
so I should play as terra senario from star to ending then ventus? would't that spoil the story if I finish then star palying with ven or should I juggle balancing the story of the 3? im comfused

Yeah, it's easier and more convenient to just finish one scenario before starting another, instead of switching back and forth between the three. Like everyone has said before, Terra is best to start out with since he's the slowest of the three, but also because his scenario was written to be played first. Ven should be played after Terra since it'll be pretty difficult to transition back to Terra if you play him first, what with Ven being considerably faster than Terra. As for the scenario goes, his was written second. Aqua should be played last since her speed isn't as slow as Terra's or as fast as Ven's, and her scenario is written last. Not to mention the fact that her ending spoils Ven's.

Wheels

I'll be playing AVT. Why? Because I picked this was before I knew Nomura's recommendation. I really am getting annoyed at people who say you HAVE to play TVA. You don't have to, it's just the way Nomura said was his recommendation, because of the way the stories were written. In multiple scenarios I find though, the one that was written last, seems to of a better quality and more structured, as it must tie the other two together and fill the gaps left by the other two stories, all while still telling it's own story. I have indeed seen the timeline, of who goes where first, and it's fairly obvious that Terra and Ven were written before Aqua, as she is almost always last to visit a world. But this doesn't bother me, as for BbS, I want to see the effects the other two have on the story, and locations, and THEN see what caused those effects. I've heard Aqua's story is very hard in the beginning, and that challenge sounds awesome. As for gameplay speed between Ven and Terra, that's pretty simple. Play as Aqua again, until you get adjusted to her speed, then drop to Terra, and the effects will be less. I wish Nomura had never told us his recommended order, then there would be a lot more people playing the way THEY WANTED to play, rather than the way NOMURA WANTED THEM to play. I even read somewhere of someone else like me, frustrated with the whole recommended order, so he assigned 2 numbers to each character between 1-6, and rolled a die to decide who he would play as first, second and third. I admire that method, myself. Anyways, that's my rant out of the way, here's my advice. From what I've heard, Ven plays kinda like Sora, so if you're unsure, starting with Ven might be a good idea.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I'll be playing AVT. Why? Because I picked this was before I knew Nomura's recommendation. I really am getting annoyed at people who say you HAVE to play TVA. You don't have to, it's just the way Nomura said was his recommendation, because of the way the stories were written. In multiple scenarios I find though, the one that was written last, seems to of a better quality and more structured, as it must tie the other two together and fill the gaps left by the other two stories, all while still telling it's own story. I have indeed seen the timeline, of who goes where first, and it's fairly obvious that Terra and Ven were written before Aqua, as she is almost always last to visit a world. But this doesn't bother me, as for BbS, I want to see the effects the other two have on the story, and locations, and THEN see what caused those effects. I've heard Aqua's story is very hard in the beginning, and that challenge sounds awesome. As for gameplay speed between Ven and Terra, that's pretty simple. Play as Aqua again, until you get adjusted to her speed, then drop to Terra, and the effects will be less. I wish Nomura had never told us his recommended order, then there would be a lot more people playing the way THEY WANTED to play, rather than the way NOMURA WANTED THEM to play. I even read somewhere of someone else like me, frustrated with the whole recommended order, so he assigned 2 numbers to each character between 1-6, and rolled a die to decide who he would play as first, second and third. I admire that method, myself. Anyways, that's my rant out of the way, here's my advice. From what I've heard, Ven plays kinda like Sora, so if you're unsure, starting with Ven might be a good idea.

He didn't really say you have to play in this order, just that to help the player fully understand the story it would be a good choice to play the scenarios in...it was a recommendation, not a demand....that's why I don't quite understand why there are people who are "frustrated" by that order.

Without or without that recommendation, I was going to play that way anyway.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Terra is the easiest to use, Ven is like Sora in tons of ways specials in skills/magic and Aqua is pretty awesome since she doesn't really fight like the others. She uses magic mostly.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
He didn't really say you have to play in this order, just that to help the player fully understand the story it would be a good choice to play the scenarios in...it was a recommendation, not a demand....that's why I don't quite understand why there are people who are "frustrated" by that order.

Same here. I decided before that recommendation to go in that order anyways, so it really doesn't affect me. Mainly because I was looking forward most to Terra's scenario, was curious about Ven's connections, and figured there was a reason they released information about Aqua last ^^

Wheels

The frustration for me is not Nomura himself, but the people who are going "YOU MUST PLAY TVA NOMURA SAID SO!" because that's just misleading and down right wrong. I wish he never said anything, as then we wouldn't have the people like I mentioned previously. And from people I know who got the Japanese version, their general consensus was playing in any sort of order still allowed you to understand the story well, not just TVA.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Well you do understand the story alot better if you play Terra, Ven, and then Aqua you really do even though I didn't understood most of the party what I did understand seemed right.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
But many said that AVT was the least spoilerific. How much of Aqua's story spoils Ven's ending. Is it blatant or vague

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
The game should be played in order for your first time if you want to really understand it.

Wheels

But many said that AVT was the least spoilerific. How much of Aqua's story spoils Ven's ending. Is it blatant or vague
Well, it's hard to explain without spoiling things...She knows more about Vanitas, and what happens when Ven and Vanitas meet in Ven's story I guess...She also spoils what happens to Ven after the end of his story

The game should be played in order for your first time if you want to really understand it.

Like I've said, other ways still provide a good level of understanding, hell I know people who understood the story better playing through a different order, than playing through TVA.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Well, it's hard to explain without spoiling things...She knows more about Vanitas, and what happens when Ven and Vanitas meet in Ven's story I guess...She also spoils what happens to Ven after the end of his story

Not really. She barely knows much about Vanitas at all. She knows the least out of Vanitas to be honest. I mean, Ventus is the character who gets to see his face, find out how he was created (Terra also found this out making his story rather spoilery), he finds out Vanitas's goals and some of MX's goals... Aqua really gets nothing.

Sure, her final battle can be a spoiler to the other stories... but to be honest, it is such a big "what the ****" moment that you don't understand what's going on anyway.

Digidude111

I agree with skyfoxx. I WILL play Ven Aqua Terra. Why? Because I honestly don't care about the difficulty I just wanted to be forewarned, and people really should play the game THIER way, not nomura's demand-like recommendation . If I will have a hard time then, well, I LIKE the extra challenge. And again, I heard if you play VAT, you will keep it mysterious without getting other spoilers. I only wanted my answer, not a comment war over who you should play as first. But still, thanks for the info.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I agree with skyfoxx. I WILL play Ven Aqua Terra. Why? Because I honestly don't care about the difficulty I just wanted to be forewarned, and people really should play the game THIER way, not nomura's demand-like recommendation . If I will have a hard time then, well, I LIKE the extra challenge. And again, I heard if you play VAT, you will keep it mysterious without getting other spoilers. I only wanted my answer, not a comment war over who you should play as first. But still, thanks for the info.

Have fun with that.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Have fun with that.

squidwardhavefunwiththa.jpg

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Demand-like recommendation? Eh whatever. Whatever floats your boat.

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

Nice addition to the discussion there :\

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
i think it depends on what kind of player you are if you charge in just smashing with brute power Terra would be your choice if you are quick to kill then out of their ventus if you use magic a lot and keep your distance then go with aqua

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back