• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Mix Downloadable Content for Future Games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xearual from Aet

I've seen many games have added multiple features to their games by selling downloads. Depending on which system that the future games are on, I hope to see something that is downloadable and is available for more people rather than just people in Japan. This way more fans will want to get things like X-Box Live and PlayStation Network.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think that they will release downloadable content for the future games. Especially not for X-Box Live because, Kingdom Hearts so far has not used any Microseft systems so I don't think they plan on changing that.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Hmm...that's not a bad idea in the least. In fact, it's a fantastic idea! I'm surprised that no one has made a thread concerning this before.
Square can easily make more profits from downloadable content than a Japan-exclusive game, and all of the non-Japs will be pleased with this new, previously out-of-reach content. Everyone benefits, so I see no reason that something like this won't be introduced sometime in the future.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I don't see them going through the trouble of doing it, personally.
But, we'll see.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
But, we'll see.

Actually, it would be less trouble, as they wouldn't have to use as many resources producing the game.
And while individually, the tangible games would cost more, this online content is going everywhere worldwide, and is acessable by every PS3/360 owner in existance, right at the gamer's own home, instead of in a store, thus making it infinitely more convenient.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I'm not sure about this.

If Re:CoM was successful enough to the Japs, I can see this happening, especially for KH2FM, since that was essentially enough new content to consider it a different game. (Absent Silhouettes, Data Battles, Cavern of Remembrance, ES/LS, XIII Mushrooms, Crowns, new weapons, new scenes)

As for KH1FM, what do we get? 2 new Keyblades? A couple cutscenes? ONE extra boss fight? A couple new enemies (which actually just have new paint jobs save for neoshadow)?

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I've seen many games have added multiple features to their games by selling downloads. Depending on which system that the future games are on, I hope to see something that is downloadable and is available for more people rather than just people in Japan. This way more fans will want to get things like X-Box Live and PlayStation Network.

o_O I like that idea. So much better than going to the store. :D
To add to the x-box thing, they might put KH on the X-box live because they're putting FFXIII on the X-box so mabye KH will too![I can't play KH anymore cause of my X-box].

Good thread. Surprised this wasn't brought up before.

1.jpg
PHEER THE NIPAH

暗闇 > 生命. Give in.
My Youtube: be0txiftt.
Subscribe, betch.

You wanna pet the Saix puppy? Come onnnn he doesn't bite...much o.o

kh=epicness

just cuz square is putting 1 game on xbox dosnt mean that all the other 1's r going there to. at the most they will put it on both ps3 and xbox. but i cud see this happening as downloadable content on psn ( if only the same wud happen 4 gta 4 but back 2 the topic) i know i would buy it.

Xearual from Aet

But, we'll see.

Well, first off, X-Box, I hope they never go there for the least personally. But, I have heard theories they don't like the idea of the PS3. Besides, what's more trouble, making a new game for just Japanese people that have to buy the game completely over again. Or would it be easier to just download whatever content you want onto it worldwide?

I really hated that they actually came out with FM+ on the PS2, two weeks after I came back to America from going to Vacation in Japan, I got KH1:Final Mix while I was there, now, I want to go back and buy Final Mix+

I also like the idea of the Portable games adding up some, after all, this could lead to more weapons, possible missions, and maybe even new worlds and enemies with some actual meaning.
(I want Final Fantasy Worlds, and I also based the downloadable content off of things from my GTA4 game.)

(PS: hope you got my point on Just.)

Last edited:

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Well I dont think Days and BBS will get DLC. But if a FF game comes out and has DLC then I think they will do the same with KH.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
As for KH1FM, what do we get? 2 new Keyblades? A couple cutscenes? ONE extra boss fight? A couple new enemies (which actually just have new paint jobs save for neoshadow)?

Actually, we get new bosses, new enemies, new weapons, new abilities, new accessories, new cutscenes, and 3 more ansem reports, as well as being able to skip scenes

Xearual from Aet

I'd also like to see an MMORPG sort of game, although, I'm not sure how it'd work, it'd be fun to play something going around multiple worlds for a change with a multitude of people.

Angel

MMO KH?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Xearual from Aet

Still, I wish that they would make some more games Featuring Riku, rather than have a Story where you pretty much only fight with him in, CoM sorta fails in my eyes thanks to having Riku uncustomizable.

Angel

Still, I wish that they would make some more games Featuring Riku, rather than have a Story where you pretty much only fight with him in, CoM sorta fails in my eyes thanks to having Riku uncustomizable.

you sorta fail in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back