• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Final Fantasy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Final Fantasy
The Lost Savior

My name is Leon Kane. I’m a SeeD at Balamb Garden. I am the first generation of my fathers family line to be born on this planet. This may sound weird, but what I am about to tell you is no lie. It all began in an Italian city just north from Rome, an Earth city. My father was sent there to take down a Terrorist cell and to save 4 scientist hostages. This is the story of how he got to my world.

The sun shone bright as it peaked in the skies announcing the noon. Clouds were far away and sunlight would shine over the city for a long period of time without ever being blocked. The streets of the city were empty and so were it’s buildings. This was a precaution for whatever would happen next. A great wall surrounded the city and it was only capable of being accessed through a iron barred gate at the south side. Through there came a small team of Counter Terrorists. 4 Men to be exact. One was Lucas Kane, Puddles father, and he wore the standard gear: Black clothes with a black Kevlar Vest and a Gasmask which everyone wore as a precaution and also for communicative means, seeing as the masks were wired. The other 3 were Dean, Bill and Rocky. All 3 were wearing the standard French Gign uniforms with the US Gasmasks. All 4 had a M4 in their hands and a silenced USP handgun holstered. On there black leather belt were also 4 grenades and a Bomb Defuses Kit. Lucas walked up to the road which split in two before them. He looked to the left and saw a long road that was diverted to the left and on the right was a road which ended up going into a burned down apartment and to the right, to the market. Lucas closed his eyes and tried to visualize the map he saw before in the briefing room. But all he saw were the maps his younger sister made for him of there parents house. He shook his head violently and then the map appeared before his eyes as clear as day. Beyond the market were 2 paths. The market itself was a square plaza with in the center the market itself. To the left of the market entrance from the city entrance was a passageway, through a large arch, that led to a central stairs. Further to the left of the market was a passage that led to a long hall, ending up at a house. That house was the target, that house was where the Terrorists held the scientists.
“Yow, Lucas!” Dean said. “Where do we go mapboy?” Lucas ignore the funny remark and he concentrated on the right side. It led to the stairway on the left, which ended up in the community Wine cellar. The road besides the stairway ended in the central stairway. Lucas let out a sigh and took off his gasmask. He turned in circles, looking at the sky, hoping to get a brilliant idea in the next 5 seconds. But all he got was a stupid, but might work idea. Lucas leaned against a wall and looked at his partners. “Okay,” he said. “Let’s go through the market and up to the long hall. We climb up there and go above the long hall towards the house. We throw a few smoke grenades and 3 of us go in under cover.” The others smiled, even though Lucas couldn’t see it.
“Another quick snatch and grab ey Lucas.” Bill said.
“Aye!” Lucas replied. He putted his mask back on before he switched the safety off of his m4a1.
“In my opinion,” Lucas started “We should just send Rocky out as Cannon fodder and then wed just go to other side …”
“….” Rocky mumbled something silently.
“But to be honest, I would miss his ass. So It’s better to say that we go over the long hall. Is everyone ready?”
“Isn’t that my job?” Dean replied. Lucas waved his left hand in a welcoming move, saying that Dean should go on. And so he did. Dean took point and ordered that the only communication should be via a radio frequency designed for whispering. And so they went on heading to the market.

Shots were being fired. Dean pressed his back against the right side of the long halls entrance whilst the others were guarding the other entrances. One by one they cleared the area and Dean assumed all the terrorists were in the house. He could feel the drop of sweat dangling from his eyebrow as another one ran down his cheek. Lucas took a M4 adapted scope and he tossed it to Dean in a clean low angle. Dean took the scope and quickly adjusted it onto his M4. Whilst peeking around the corner he could already see several people in the second floor window down the long hall. Dean stopped peeking and he signaled the others using signs. He switched on his radio and the last radio message of that team was about to be spoken.
“I’ll distract the Tango’s whilst you climb up onto the roof. I’ll meet you on the other side. Good luck.”
“Just make sure you won’t do anything stupid!” Rocky said.
“Yeah man, you’ve got a kid coming along and I don’t want to see you dead before your child needs to give you a sponge bath.” Bill replied. Lucas only knotted and Dean knew that he would be the first to catch a bullet for him. Dean activated the thermal goggles of his mask and he threw a smoke grenade down the tunnel. The others came to Dean and used his shoulders to get atop the long hall. With one last wave of Bill, Dean never saw his teammates again. Not alive at least.

Lucas took aim whilst adjusting the view of his M4. The second floor and the first floor window was clear of any Tango and Lucas called for Dean to come through the long hall. But the answer was negative. Dean desired to stay there and make sure that there retreat was safe. Lucas accepted this immediately and he looked around to see a good infiltration method. Bill pointed out the city wall that ran right besides the long hall and the house. It was the most perfect way to enter. Bill and Rocky went to the house before them running across the wall. Lucas placed his eye in the scope and doubled the view for he covered the duo as they entered the house. Moments later he heard screams and cries of pain and death. Bills voice came over the radio, but it seemed as if he was drowning. My god, could he be drowning in his own blood? There was no time for this now. Lucas looked back to Dean but he saw nothing. Then he assembled his M4 in the right manner before he jumped down to enter the building from the front door. The hallway he entered was filled with blood splatters and fragments of peoples limbs. He almost hurdled, but he managed to keep it down. He aimed his gun forward and continued on. Hallway after hallway it was the same until he reached a main hall. The house seemed to be but an entrance of one grand underground facility. Still there was no sign of his comrades or the terrorists .. Or even any living creature. Then a small tremor shook Leon up, almost knocking him off his feet, but he managed to keep standing. The tremor was followed by another and another. They became worse and more frequent. Lucas looked up and saw a small window just below the roof. The 4 scientists were in there, talking. Lucas started to tune his radio, trying to reach there frequency. He succeeded.
“Can we keep the portal open?”
“Not only that, other portals seem to be opening as well.”
“Those poor soldiers.”
“Yeah, I wish we could have saved them from such cruel fate.”
“Remember, all is honorable for the sake of science!”
“But still …. “
“We discovered a portal to a new world ready for us to explore and colonize!”
Then something extraordinary happened. A gigantic beast suddenly appeared. It chased Lucas into a corner and it launched a full out attack using it’s tail. Lucas jumped over the tail and ran straight to the back of the beast. There he saw a gigantic, swirling, blue portal and Lucas saw no other way out. He jumped through and ended up in Galbadia Garden where he would meet Squall Leonheart.

That's it .. the Prologue ..... Hope you enjoy reading it. It's just a quicky and I promise it gets better.

GeneralChaos

Lucas Kane..? *cough*Fahernheit*cough*.

Heh... but otherwise, I would have tried for a much more climatic end than yours. However, you did say it was just a shorty, so I will let it slide.
The end wasn't really explained either. But, other than that, not bad. Please update it as soon as possible.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Yeah, I could have easily stretched it to 2 full chapters but it's just a prologue. And the end was so fast and undetailed becouse I tried it 50 times before I just gave up and wrote whatever came up .... Nothing was suffeciant or it gave to much info ...

And yes, very original name huh ..... ^.^

Update coming soon

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
I'm still working out some details but it'll be here sometime between now and friday. I never write that much seeing as I don't want to get bored and drop it ... It's a bad thing I have :(

*pokes back with poisonous stick*

Last edited:

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
hehe ^.^ Here is chapter 2 ... well atleast the first part of it:

A swarm of chocobo’s rushed by an old cottage 2 clicks north of Galbadia Garden’s current location. That old cottage was completely made out of wood and not a single nail had ever touched it. The cottage was very similar to Edea’s orphanage except that there was no lighthouse to be seen. This cottage was the home of Zeke Kadowaki, son of the legendary Doctor Kadowaki and father of 3 children. But he and his children were currently being housed someplace else as a SeeD team now occupied there home. It was Leon, the leader of the 3 SeeD, that still laid in bed 2 hours after the agreed upon time of waking. But he was not asleep. He laid on the bed facing up. His brown eyes were still covered by there lids and his spiky brown hair rested peacefully on the pillow. He started turning in his bed, drowning in his thoughts at the same time. His next assignment is what troubled him so. His thoughts were brutally interrupted by loud bangs on the door. This was followed by a gentle but strict woman’s voice that ordered him to get up. Leon decided that he has lingered in his room long enough and that now it was the time to get up and do what he was sent to do. He moved his hand through his hair and Leon picked up his Gunblade from the top shelf. As he placed it in his holster, memories flashed before his eyes and they were, sad to say, accompanied by a severe headache. These memories were of how he obtained his wonderful blade, Squall Leonhearts former Gunblade.. Memories of 6 years ago.

An 11 year old Leon wandered through the halls of the second floor of the Balamb Garden. He was between classes and he was yet to find his study partner whom he is supposed to duel with during the training of next class. Then he heard a blood chilling scream coming from down the elevator hall and it was followed with a cry for help. Leon did not hesitate and he pulled of a metal pipe from the piping. He rushed into the hall and there he saw his study partner: Cloud, being beaten up by the Garden bully who was 17 years old at the time. What shocked Leon was the fact that the bully himself had an iron pipe in his hands. Leon hesitated no more and he jumped right in. Leon knocked the bully out of his balance by slamming the metal pipe against the back of his knee. The bully stumbled back, reaching out to lean against the wall. Leon placed his foot forward to stop and immediately turn around to place yet another well placed blow to the bully, but this time right on the cheek. Blood poured from the bully’ mouth which was followed by a shiny white tooth. The bully’s eyes raged in fury and he rushed forward swinging the pipe. Leon knew he was not powerful enough to take the blow but he had to do something. Then it was as clear as day. Leon threw the pipe straight forward whilst in the meantime diving sideways to avoid the rampaging bully. The pipe struck goal and the bully fell on his knees of pain. Even though he rubbed his acking neck with one hand, his other refused to let go of the pipe. Leon now dove right besides the bully only to grab his own pipe. But he failed. The bully launched a blow himself and it struck goal right on Leon’s head. Several blows later, Leon was unconscious on the ground with blood pouring out of several wounds all over his body. Cloud lay besides him, who was luckily left alone.

Back in present, Leon was once again disturbed by knocking on the door.
“Wakeup sleepy head!” That woman’s voice once again said.
“I’m up.” Leon replied. ‘And here I am thinking I’m in charge.’ He then thought. Leon then secured his gunblade within the holster and he went into the next room. Leon noticed that even though the exterior looked surprisingly much like Edea’s house, the interior was nothing alike. Leon left his own, naked room and he entered a room filled with knickknacks, memorabilia, candles and figurines. The walls, roof and furniture all had different shades of warm red and it sometimes was blended alongside dark orange. There was a large, circular wooden table in the center off the room which was now filled with plenty of maps, documents and files. In 2 of the 6 chairs around the table sat his two partners. One was Cloud Fahren, his former study partner, and the other was Ashelin Barton. They all graduated together after a tough and brutal SeeD exam. Cloud had spiky blond hair and he wore a dark purple tanktop, even darker purple pants, black boots and long black gloves. A black leather belt tipped it off with the holster for his large sword named: Buster Sword. Ashelin was a beautiful young woman with long, full blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes. She wore a white, short and deep tanktop, Dark brown pants held up by a wide brown belt, very dark brown boots with straps as laces. And she wore a jacket extremely similar to the what Squall wore when he was a teenager. Except this one was brown and had the Balamb SeeD insignia sewed into the upper right arm. And to top it off she wore extremely long, brown, armored gloves tightened by buckles. Her weapons were her fists. Even though she is the best marksman of Garden, she still preferred her fists over a gun. Both Ashe and Cloud looked worried. But not for the mission ahead. Leon could see in there eyes that they were worried about him. Ashe stood up and walked up to him holding out her arms as she wanted to give him a hug. Leon only looked aside and waved her off, cold and direct.
“Psh! Typical,” Ashe started to say. “Every time I, or anyone for that matter, tried to come near you, you freeze up. Ever since you were beaten up by that bully, you have been intolerable! You closed yourself to everyone. Your thoughts and emotions are your own and those are the only ones you care about!”
“That’s not true. I do care. But I can’t let myself open up! Not anymore! I can’t afford to …. Not anymore.” Leon thought.
“Oh here we go again. Leon is off into his own little world. Has it ever crossed your mind as to just SPEAK. I mean .. you did learn how to talk right?”
“Calm down! The both of you!” Cloud said to intervene. “It’s about time we overlook our plan.
“Agreed.” Leon and Ashe said at the same time.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
((u asked me to post))

"My name is George Bush, and I have a leadership problem"

Name: Faith Crest
Appearance:
1125474330_oseup-0301.jpg

SeeD Position: Student (Almost a SeeD)
Weapon:
Sword.jpg

Magic: Curaga, Holy & Ultima GF is Shiva
Bio: Faith's once lived in Esther, but her parents were killed by assassins sent by Galbadian spies at the age of ten. She left Esther and pursued the people who wrecked her life. But instead, she found a legendary sword known as the Violet Lightning. With this, Faith went to Balamb Garden where she has learned to control her weapon's power in seven years. She hopes that she will make a great SeeD and make the headmaster proud of what she will achieve in the near future.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
((Lmao, only so I wouldn't double post ^.^ Thank Youzz!))

The 3 of them sat around table, each overlooking there own pile of papers when Leon started reading the official mission data simplified by Ashe.
We, SeeD of Balamb Garden, have been sent out to annihilate both the Garden traitor as the person in charge of the Galbadia Garden terrorist takeover. And what I am about to say is what I scribbled down below. Meaning who does what. Leon Kane will locate and kill Lucas Kane, the Garden Traitor. Cloud Fahren is to eliminate ‘Jax’, the man in charge of the current Terrorist takeover of Galbadia Garden. Ashelin Barton is to free the Galbadian Headmaster and his staff.” Leon putted down the peace of paper and sighed. He closed his eyes and held back his tears without even cringing his face. ‘Why father?! WHY!’ Dozens of similar thoughts haunted his mind and he banged the palm of his hand against his forehead trying to get it back together. Both Cloud as Ashe looked concerned but they knew that it would be futile as to try to let him say what he is thinking. Leon looked at both Cloud and Ashe and he now looked serious once more.
“So, what’s our battle plan?” Leon said. It was Cloud that responded in a cool but direct matter.
“We’ve got twenties minutes to perform and successfully accomplish all 3 objectives. 2 of the 3 objectives is to kill the two most well guarded and skilled people in the garden. The other is to free people in the best guarded and most heavily guarded area in Galbadia Garden. Honestly … I don’t have a single idea.”
“Me neither.” Ashe said to finish this.
“Don’t be so down!” Leon started to say. “Lucas is in the Garden masters room and Jax is in the auditorium. The Headmaster and his staff are being held hostage in the first floor classroom. Here’s what I have in mind: Cloud and I go underneath the Garden and into the ventilation shaft. From there I go into the elevator shaft that leads up to the Garden Masters room and Cloud uses it to go to the auditorium. From the elevator shaft he will shoot down Jax. Ashe, you will first go into the forest surrounding the Garden and you snipe down 4 terrorists to create a ruckus and then you proceed inside using a disguise and this I.D. card.” Leon passed Ashe a high level I.D. card belonging to top officer in the Terrorists ranks. “From there on out you’re free to do as you want until you come back outside. From there you need to fire this flare into the sky telling Balamb Garden to send in the sweep team … This is of course to eliminate the remaining soldiers.”
After Leon explained all this, he stood up and returned to his room to get changed out of his pajama. Cloud leaned back and laid his feet on the table. He was worried about Leon. And he could see in Ashe’s eyes that she was worried as well. He, Ashe and Leon have been a team for many years now, sometimes willing sometimes not but in the end it was there friendship that pulled them through. Ashe got up and walked up to Leon’s room. She placed the palm of her hand on the door and she let out a sigh. “Why Cloud … why?”
“An excellent question Ashelin. One that I can not answer. But what I would like to know is …. Why on our first mission. It’s just our first mission!”
“We’re SeeD Cloud! We’re supposed to be capable of doing these things. It’s just like learning how to swim. You just throw em into the water.”
“Yeah, but does that water need to be Leon’s father? All in all, Lucas Kane is a legend!”
“A rogue legend. A legend that now acts on behalf of a new evil!”
“Still.”

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
((As you could probably tell .. My grammar is not my strong point.))​

Leon sat down on his bed, fully dressed and equipped. As usual he wore his favorite outfit: Black leather boots, Dark brown pants with a black belt plus Gunblade holster, A white T-shirt, a blue jacket with sleeves that ended at his elbow and black tipples gloves. His long, spiky, dark brown hair was now no longer spiky after he washed it. It now was straight and it ended a few centimeters below his shoulder. He had always hated his hair being that long but it’s been many months since he even had the time to do anything about his hair . He laid back on the bed and looked to the ceiling before he once again drifted away in his memories.

An 11 year old Leon woke up in a hospital located in the Balamb Garden infirmary. His sight was still blurry but already he could see shadows of people. He thought he recognized the man behind the shadow so he called out to him. “Dad?” He said. But he regretted it hard for he felt nothing but a severe headache. The man besides him shook his head and placed his hand on Leon’s shoulder.
“No, I am not your father. My name is Squall Leonheart.”
“You’re … the headmaster? Aren’t you.”
“It’s good to see that you’re memory is O.K.”
“Sorry sir! So sorry. I didn’t recognize you!”
“It’s okay son. You’ve been beaten up pretty bad.”
“I know.”
“I saw what happened. I’m sorry couldn’t intervene in time.”
“It’s all right sir.”
“No It’s not. So I’m here to make you an offer you can’t refuse.”
“Really sir?”
“I’ve seen you fight with that metal pipe and I honestly can say that you have what it takes to become a Gunblade expert. This Garden needs one and since I cant jump around like in the old days, I thought I’d train you.” Leon didn’t hear much more for he fell asleep moments later. And when he woke up again, the room was empty. He was all alone with his thoughts. ‘I can’t …. Let myself …. Open up again. I just can’t. Cloud came to close … I asked him to skip that class with me … I always do this! I always get people in trouble!’ Right at that time a young girl about his age walked past his room. She was drop dead gorgeous and Leon was surprised that he felt love at first sight. But then something snapped within him. He locked away his emotions inside his heart and he felt nothing for that girl. But still she noticed him as well and she walked into his room.
“HAAAAAAI,” she said as a greeting. “My name is Ashelin. But everyone just calls me Ashe. It’s good to see that you’re awake. Boy, you looked bad when you came in here.”
“My name’s Leon. It’s good to meet you.”

Three gentle knocks snatched Leon away from his dreams. He shook his head in order to pull himself together and he stood up. As he walked over to the door, Cloud opened it and blocked the way out. The two looked at each other with great respect. Except Cloud also had concern mingled with it. Cloud stepped forward and rested his hand on Leon’s shoulder. He squeezed hard and looked into Leon’s eyes as if the world depended on what was going to be said next.
“Are you absolutely certain that you are ready?” Cloud asked. Leon diverted his sight and pushed aside Cloud’s arm.
“I’m fine.” Leon said. ‘How the hell could I be prepared. Could you be ready for such a thing! I’M GOING TO KILL MY FATHER!’ Leon then walked passed Cloud and headed straight for the front door. He could already see Ashe outside, untying the Chocobo’s ropes from there poles. He could also see the 3 saddles to lay on them. He leaned against a wall until everything was done. And when that happened, all 3 SeeD sat on there Chocobo’s preparing to take off for there first mission. When they rode off, Leon looked back and said farewell to what was his home for the past few days. The magnificent view would always remain in his memories.

The trio arrived at Galbadia Garden. After setting lose there Chocobo’s, they hid on top of a mountain hill to the right of the garden. Leon was looking through his scope, overseeing the current situation. It looked better than expected seeing as there are much less guards than expected. Leon putted away the scope and he looked at Cloud and Ashe. A gentle breeze came from over the hill and it touched Leon’s face. The wind broke through his mind and it almost triggered a long forgotten memory. But Leon would not allow it. He suppressed it even further and he knotted to his teammates. That was there queue to leave. Leon and Cloud circled to the left of the hill as Ashe circled around its right flank. Ashe reached the hills outer edge as she saw two shadows heading towards the garden. ‘Look over Leon … Please Cloud … I can’t lose him! Not just yet. I need to tell him one more thing!’ Ashe pulled 4 flares from her belt pocket and she planted them in the ground. She connected a long fuse with the flares and she ran towards the garden. A few decimeters further she lit the fuse. Ashe laid down on the ground wit the Terrorists I.D. in her hand. The four flares lighted simultaneously and a red light spread out into the darkness chasing away every shadow. Several terrorists came towards the flames screaming: “Who goes there?! Identify yourself!” And when they saw Ashe lying on the ground with that I.D. in her hands, they sped up there pace and ran right past her in order to see if the intruders were still there. Ashe silently stood up and chased down the last terrorist in line. She grabbed him from behind, covering his mouth. The dessert camouflage outfit with black boots, gloves and mask didn’t suit him she thought so she decided that it was best for her to wear it. She moved the neck of her victim from the far left to the far right, snapping the neck. He suddenly struggled no more and his lifeless body became much heavier. She dragged her victim to behind the hill, out of the others sight and she fully undressed herself and the terrorists. She switched her clothes for that of the terrorist and she putted her own clothes in a bag which she buried under ground. The Garand she picked up from the guard was placed in a belt holster on her back and the reserve ammo was still in a small bag on the front of the belt. The Garand was a gun designed and created by Lucas Kane. Apparently it was an older rifle in his world that he was very interested in. She was glad he was, for it was her favorite gun. Very precise, powerful and easy to handle. When she finished disguising she found that her hair was a bit touch to hide when she putted on the Terrorists mask but she managed to hide it very skillfully. Then she took off towards the Garden, leaving the Terrorists to search for a non existing army of enemies.

Cloud had arrived in the part of the ventilation shaft overlooking the Third floor Garden masters room. There were two people inside that room. One was sitting the Garden masters chair whilst the other was kneeling on the small stairway before the chair. To make sure that the man sitting in the chair was the man they were after, Cloud listened in to there conversation whilst taking a better aim to the man, all dressed in black, who was sitting the chair talking to the man, dressed in a forest camouflage outfit, before him.
“Sir, we’ve successfully intervened the most recent attempt of Balamb Garden trying to invade this Garden.”
“Good … Good. I hope that we will survive long enough to aid our lord.”
“Indeed Sir, I hope so too. I would hate for this Garden to fall in enemies hands before he is ready.”
“He will be ready! The portal will be reopened again and our mission will start at last!”
“What shall we do in the meantime sir?”
“Launch an all out attack on Balamb Garden in 30 minutes.”
A shot was fired. The leader reached for his head as he felt a warm fluid flowing down his forehead. Everything went black before his eyes and one final memory flashed before his eyes. Breathless he dropped on the ground and his heart beated one more before it finally ceased beating. The man that kneeled didn’t know what was the matter and before he could strike an alert, he as well was shot down. Cloud sat in the ventilation shaft knocking his head on his gun. “I did it …” He said to himself. But in the meantime he was wondering if someone else heard that order.

Ashe, still in uniform, holstered her gun in the horizontal holster on the back of her belt. She was in the most secured area now and it would be far to suspicious if she held a gun. The hallways of Galbadia Garden were all but one peace of one circular outer edge of the Gardens first floor. She was now walking up a metallic gray stairway that went up going from wall to wall when she heard a door opening in the blue hallway below. It appeared that two persons now entered that hallway. One person seemed to fall in and the other seemed to have pushed the other. At least that was what Ashe could make out of the entry made. She sneaked back down and peeked around the corner. A man stood there in a Galbadian Generals uniform, bending over another man in a terrorists outfit.
“Where are they!” The general said. Ashe was surprised to see that the general did not have a clean cut hairstyle. Instead he had medium long hair that was all brushed to the back and held there by hair gel. The other man, that was on the ground snickered and he tried to fled. But the general pulled a rifle and shot the terrorist in the shoulder. An awful cry of pain echoed through the hall and the general stepped on the terrorists mouth with his foot.
“Now will you tell me?” The general asked.
“Classroom … 5 ….B” The terrorist said.
“My lord .. On the other side of the garden. The least guarded place ….” The general pulled the trigger and left the terrorist for dead. Ashe decided that it was time to appear and she spoke out to the general.
“So soldier boy. Shooting unarmed men?”
“Who is that?”
“First Identify yourself.”
“Hmm … alright. My name is Damien Locke. I am the second in command of Galbadia Garden. And you are?”
“My name is Ashe Barton. I am a SeeD member of Balamb Garden sent here to rescue the captive and kill a few people. Don’t shoot me .. I’m disguised.” Ashe walked from behind the corner and she raised her hands in the air whilst pulling off the mask. Her beautiful blonde hair was freed and it waved gently alongside a gust of wind. “Want to go together soldier boy?
“Psh … Fine by me.”

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org

Leon now stood in the elevator which was located on the second floor. He pressed the open button and the door opened before him. The hallway before him was empty. Nobody seemed to be on the stairs and nobody was coming from the auditorium further down. There was nothing that was going to prevent him of reaching the guestroom opposite of the stairs. Leon took out his gunblade and ran forward to the door. The controls were locked and the door wouldn’t open. Leon was quite disappointed to see that his father was so cowardly. He used the hilt of his gunblade to knock on the controls. When small electrical surges could be seen, the door opened and Leon rushed in front frontal. The room was just as he remembered it. Wall to wall shelves filled with knickknacks and whatnots. The ivory colored sofa in the middle was still covered in stains, and still covered in a wine stain made by himself. Before the window in the back stood his father. Dressed in a terrorists Urban camouflage outfit but without the mask. Lucas turned around and was not surprised at all to see Leon. Lucas stepped forward and bowed.
“Welcome Leon,” He said. “it’s about time you arrived.”
“You do know why I am here, Father?”
“How could I not be informed of this. But first let me tell you a tale.” Leon figured that he would still have some time before Ashe fires the flare so he decided to listen.

It took me twenty minutes to wake up after I first came to this world. Squall Leonheart was sitting on his knees besides me enchanting several curative magic spells. When he saw that I was awake, he enchanted Regen on my and periodically I felt a small surge of power flowing through my veins. He stood up and offered me a hand. I accepted it and then we introduced ourselves. He offered me a place to stay if I would work for him. I modified my M4 assault rifle and I became a honorary SeeD at Balamb Garden. Then, 3 years later, The great war erupted. I was in charge at many counter Esthar assaults. I prevented enemies from taking over Balamb and I assassinated the man behind the war: Laguna Loire. I was .. the worlds … savior. The war had ended, by my hands. But when I returned to my new home, I was greeted by soldiers that took me into custody. I was sent to jail for treason against the world nations: Balamb, Galbadia and Esthar. I was already sentenced to death. It took me little time to escape using the Gunblade I made. It was a Garand … Much smaller than a average gunblade, more agile and effective without lacking in power. In any case, I made my way out of the jail and after a few days into Balamb Garden. I peeked into the infirmary and there laid Rinoa Leonheart. After eliminating her, I took her child that laid in a crib besides her. Right when I jumped through the window, Squall came through the door and swore that I would die by his hands. 1 Week later I found out that I had a son of my own. He was given the name Damien Locke.

“Wait! Damien Locke …… Aren’t I your son?!” Leon said whilst interrupting Lucas.
“No, you are not my son.” Leon turned away his head … Not a tear rolled down his cheek and not a single thought of hatred echoed through his mind. Somehow, he was relieved to hear this.

Anyway, Years later I asked someone to bring my two sons to two separate Gardens. That man was Dean, a second person that came from Earth. He never did quite tell me how he got to this world. Dean brought one to this Garden and the other to the rebuild Trabia Garden. Unfortunately, Dean found out that I was helping to create a whole new army meant to take over the world. So he challenged me to a duel to the death. We were 5 clicks away from Winmill. He stood there with a Galbadian sword and I with my Gunblade. Our battle began and it ended in an unexpected manner. I pierced Deans stomach, but before he died he enchanted the Death spell. It struck goal and I was about to die when suddenly a cloaked figure came from nowhere. He promised me in return of my body, that I could go back to my world .. to my time. He said that it would take quite some time for him to be capable of taking over my body, so he gave me some of his powers as a forward on his promise. I used my powers to create an army, train my son to become my successor and here we are…

Leon stumbled back but he managed to grab on to the sofa. His heart was beating like crazy. All this information, in such a short period of time. ‘Who is this cloaked man? Who is his son. WHO’S SON AM I?!’ “Why did you do it?” Leon asked the person who he thought was his father.
“I did it son, because I found out that I was used. And I never did have a real home here, or friends for that matter. I was a simple toy to be used and tossed aside. Now it’s time for my wrath.”
Smoke started to circle around his hands and from that smoke came hi Gunblade. Lucas grabbed it tightly and he took on a battle stance. Leon raised his own Gunblade and he rushed forward towards his father. But his attempt was futile for his blade was stopped by a Protect spell. Lucas raised his hand and aimed it for Leon. Flames came from the palm of his hand and a small red fireball was formed. Lucas launched the fireball and Leon was knocked off his feet. Leon was smashed against the wall and he fell down on his knees. Lucas smiled and did what was most unlikely. He sheeted his sword and opened some sort of portal behind him. The window, the wall and the roof all merged together and a blue and silver wormhole appeared.
“You can ask me one more thing.” Lucas said.
“Is Leon Kane my real name?”
“No, it is not your birth name. And to close this wonderful talk I would like to say: Your destiny will be to kill me Leon.” And by that he stepped into the portal. Leon refused to stand up. He just sat there waiting for something to end his life. But that something didn’t came. ‘Why me … I just wanted to become a SeeD … but not like this … Not like this.’ Cloud then walked into the room. He placed the rifle in his hands next to Leon and he sat down on the ground.
“Where is your father Leon?”
“It turns out I never knew my father…”
“What do you mean?”
“Lucas Kane was not my father.”
“Then who is?”
“That I don’t know … But I do know that he was willingly sacrificing his own body in order to return to his own world.”
“To who was he giving his body?”
“Stop asking me things I do not have an answer to! … So … have you seen Ashe?”
“Yeah, I met up with her on my way here. She and this guy were on there way of freeing the Garden Master and his staff.”
“Who is this guy?”
“He introduced himself as Damien Locke.”
“Damien Locke?” Leon used his gunblade as a supportive means to get up.
“Yes .. why do you ask?”
“Damien Locke is Lucas Kane’s son and they are working together!”

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Aw ... Lol, thats when I usually read0 thanks for the compliment! But trust me, there will be a more deeper story than this Bold and the beautifulesk second chapter ...

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org

Leon ran down the stairs with great haste. Deep inside he was hoping she was okay. He was hoping that he could tell her that he was sorry for all these years of silence. He wanted … there she stood. He saw her standing before the stairway of the first floor. She didn’t see him for she was focused on what, or who was ahead. He decided to listen in.
“Damien! Don’t be a fool!” Ashelin said. She said it with great disappointment in her voice. He could also see it in her eyes. Oh god, how he hoped that he could see what she was seeing … but there was nothing at hand that he could work with. Unless …
“Me, a fool? Well … let’s be childish … It takes one to know one. Only a fool would not ask for a strangers I.D.”
“Stealing a general’s outfit must be really easy then.”
“It is, it is.” As Ashelin was keeping Damien busy, Leon used a small ventilation shaft to move a camera right before Damien. When Ashelin started the real conversation, Leon just reached the spot where Damien stood. He could see Damien himself keeping the Garden Master at gunpoint. Unfortunately the Garden Master stood right between Ashe and Damien.
“So Damien, tell me … who are you working for?”
“For my father.”
“And why are you doing this exactly?”
“My father himself is working for a powerful man that is capable of ruling this world with an Iron fist and that man will guide us to glory in our conquest of concurring the many other worlds.”
“Other worlds?”
“Yes. The home world of Lucas Kane is a world in another dimension. And since there are dozens of other worlds like it, they too need to fall under our reign. And now my dear, your time is up.” Leon could see Damien slowly pulling the trigger. Ashe was in trouble! Damien pulled his trigger for the first time. The Garden Masters eyes suddenly showed nothing but cold and he fell on the ground with a twitch in his arm. And right as Damien pulled his trigger again, Leon had already jumped from behind the corner and before Ashe. He took the bullet right in the chest and he slammed against the wall knocking him unconscious. Damien wanted to shoot Ashe as well but when he pulled his trigger, a clicking sound ended his hope. No more bullets. Ashe took her own gun and she started firing at Damien, but he had already escaped through the door.
“Damn you!” She said before holstering her gun. Then she sat on her knees right besides Leon. She stroked his cheek with the back of her hands and she pressed her index and middle finger against his neck.
“LEON! NO!”

The end of Chapter 2

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org

A week has passed since Leon caught the bullet meant for Ashe. The raid on Galbadia Garden was a success and it once again belonged to the Gardens. But unfortunately, it was damaged severely taking it offline for several months. Cloud and Ashe personally returned Leon to Balamb and there he still lies unconscious on a hospital bed. Balamb Garden returned to its hometown to freshen up on there stock and this was the last night before they took off again. Ashe was sitting on the beach near the city, pondering about herself, Cloud and Leon. She flicked back a lock of hair and she lay back on the beach. A gentle sea breeze and the sweet scent of the sea calmed her down so she could focus her thoughts on one problem at the time. ‘I wonder what will happen to us … The briefing didn’t give a good impression and Leon is still fighting for his life. Cloud managed to accomplish his mission but Leon and I failed … Leon … I wonder what his real name is...’ Ashe sat up again and watched the sun set under the horizon. The wind carried the sound of approaching footsteps and Ashe looked back. Cloud was coming towards her with a worried look on his face. She sighed and looked back to the setting sun. Cloud walked up besides her and he sat down next to her. She diverted her sight from him and a tear ran down her cheek.
“Don’t be sad Ashe. Doctor Carter says that Leon will make it.”
“I know better Cloud. He’s just trying to make us feel better.”
“No, no. Even the retired Doctor Kadowaki says that he will make it.”
“Doctor Kadowaki?” She turned her head back to Cloud and he could see a spark of hope in her eyes. Doctor Kadowaki was the expert in her field and she was the best doctor that Garden ever had.
“Why is she here?” Ashe asked Cloud.
“She was here visiting the Headmaster and she heard about Leon. She assisted Doctor Carter in surgery and even now she is helping in his recovery.” That seemed to please her indeed. Leon wasn’t just her friend. She knew that he had a crush on her and she knew deep in her heart that she felt the same for him. The sun disappeared behind the horizon and the last rays of sun retreated beyond their sight. Ashe stood up and Cloud followed her example. They both walked along the shore talking about many things. When they had reached the end, Cloud suggested that they would get some sleep. Ashe didn’t want to at first but when she yawned, she decided to get some sleep as well. Together they walked back to the Garden, this time talking about what would happen next.
“So Cloud, what do you think will happen to us?”
“I don’t know really … perhaps we will be demoted or we will be assigned to a new mission. It’s hard to tell.” For a moment or two they were quiet until Cloud started talking again.
“So I see you’ve kept the Garand…”
“Yeah, it’s a really good rifle. I can’t go around busting people up all the time. And besides … there’s still one person this rifle needs to kill.”
“Locke?”
“Yup, that’s him. I still have a bone to pick with that …”
“It’s okay, I know what you mean.” They both started laughing out loud. Cloud was happy to see that Ashe was laughing again and Ashe herself was glad to be smiling. They arrived at the Garden. All the lights were out except for those in the main hall. The fountain in the middle was put on mode 1, only to keep down the noise. Guards were posted before the entrance of each station except for the Training area and the dormitories. Ashe and Cloud walked around the left side of the fountain until they had reached the entrance of the dormitories. Cloud grabbed his Buster Sword and he pointed it to the training area.
“I’m gonna train a little bit. Are you coming with me?”
“Nah, I think I’m just gonna sleep.”
“Suit yourself. Goodnight!”
“Goodnight Cloud.”
Ashe went to her room and sat down on her bed. Her cat was already asleep and lying peacefully in its nest. Her walls were still filled with posters and the shelves were all still filled with memorabilia. She took her gun and placed it right besides her bed. Then she changed her clothes in her PJ’s and she jumped onto her bed. And with the soothing sound of birds singing she fell asleep to not wake up again that night.

Cloud was standing at the entrance of the Secret hangout of the Training Centre. The Training Centre was a large area divided into three area’s that have one main road that circles around the edge of the Training Centre and back to the entrance. The centre was a small artificial forest with a small water pool at the far left side. In the centre area there was a path leading north. It ended at a door leading to a secret hangout only accessible by SeeD and after midnight. Several monster were lying on the ground besides him, they were cut up and left to rot. Cloud was getting impatient. He was waiting for a good old friend who he fought whenever he could. But that friend was a bit reluctant to show up today. Cloud relaxed a little and he leaned back against the barbwire separating the most outer edge of the training centre from the Garden wall. Cloud tapped his foot impatiently and he sighed. Then he heard something. The thick shrubs and the trees before him moved. The ground underneath shook and a ferocious roar emanated from afar. Then a gigantic T-Rexaur stormed through and came forward, mouth first. Cloud jumped up and landed on top of the Rexaurs head and he raised his hand. Small electric surged came from the tips of his fingers and a massive beam of thunder then came from the palm of his hand and directly on the Rexaurs head. It shook its head before it threw off Cloud. Cloud came down hard but not hard enough to not see the T-rexaurs gigantic tail flying straight to him. Cloud used a float spell to rise high enough to dodge the tail. The rex recuperated quickly and tried to bite Cloud again. But he jumped in the air again to avoid the bite, but this time the rex was prepared. It quickly turned around and smacked Cloud with its tail. He flew far away into the forest. Eventually he was smacked against a tree and he could feel something snap in his back. This was usually the point of retreat. Cloud wiped the blood of his mouth and he stood up, as fast as he could seeing, as everything was still hurting, going to the exit. As he went there he yelled: “Excellently fought my friend!” And he took of to the infirmary. The trip was a bit longer than expected and the guards didn’t help too much by asking him if he was okay. When he finally arrived at the infirmary, the pain had doubled and his moving capability has severely decreased. When the door opened before him, he could see Doctor Carter talking to Miss Kadowaki. “I could use a little help here please.” He said before collapsing on the ground. He did however managed to hold himself up using his Buster Sword as support. Carter ran to him and helped him into the bed besides Leon.
“What have you done this time Cloud?”
“I ran into an old friend.”

The sun shone high in the sky. Its rays warmed up the ground and gave the plants and trees back their beauty. People started to wake all over the world and some were already up either working or enjoying the sun. One ray of sun managed to sneak through Ashe’s curtains and it shone directly into her eyes. It woke her up gently. She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands and she stretched her arms and legs. She turned around so she now lay on her back and she started thinking once more. ‘What if I just ran away from this all. The last thing I need is one more thing going wrong … No, running is not the answer. I should never run from my problems. Even though I’ve done it before. Does my future really lie here … All I know for sure is that it is alongside Cloud and Leon. Were a team! Best friends …’ Ashe sat upwards on her bed and she undressed herself. She got up and walked over to the shower. After her refreshing shower, Ashe got dressed and fully equipped. Ashe walked up to a mirror and she looked deep into her own eyes. Signs of tears could still be seen but her face looked as pretty as ever. ‘Perhaps today he will wake up.’
Ashe was walking towards the infirmary when a messenger walked up to her. The messenger was dressed in the official SeeD student uniform but he himself looked as if he was caught in a twister.
“Miss Ashelin Barton?”
“Yes, that’s me.”
“Headmaster Squall requested your presence in the infirmary. Leon Kane has awoken.” And with that the messenger left. Ashelin jumped in the air of happiness and she began running as fast as she possibly could. ‘Oh my lord! He is finally awake!’ Ashe could see Cloud running towards the infirmary as well. He was bandaged up for some reason but she didn’t pay much attention to it seeing as he was still up and running. They both arrived at the door of the infirmary at the same time. But as they wanted to go in, Headmaster Squall came out of the door. When he saw them, he smiled. He walked up to Ashe and laid his hand on her shoulder.
“He’s doing fine Ashelin. He should be out of the infirmary later today. I and the doctors were surprised to see that he was in better shape than ever. The Headmaster knotted towards Cloud and he walked away. As Ashe and Cloud entered the infirmary, they could already see Leon standing upright, leaning against a wall.

Last edited:

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org

Leon had just leaned against the wall when his two best friends walked through the door. He saw Doctor Carter and Lady Kadowaki going to the door to prevent them from entering. But he let them know that it was okay and they backed off. Leon walked over to his chair, still a bit uncomfortable. He slowly sat down and he leaned back. Ashe ran straight for him and he ran straight into his arms. Cloud walked to Leon without actually jumping for him, instead he reached out his hand and Leon did his best to shake it. Ashe stood back up and rubbed her eyes trying to prevent herself from crying.
"I thought you were goners!" Ashe said to Leon.
"I won't die that easy Ashe." He replied.
"Still, why did you take that bullet for me?"
"Because ... I can't let the woman I lov ..." Leon then realised what he was saying and he shut his mouth. 'What am I thinking?! What if she says something negative!' But she didn't. Ashe looked deep into Leon’s eyes and she sat down on his knees. Then she gave him a hug and said: "I love you too."
Cloud, who was still shocked about Leon, sighed and started laughing.
"FINALLY!" He said. Cloud then walked up to Leon and he placed his hand on his shoulder. "I'll see you later today. The Headmaster wants to see us all together." And he left the infirmary together with Carter and Kadowaki. Ashe still sat on Leon’s knees and she placed her head on his chest. Leon brushed Ashes hair with his hands and he gently touched her face the back of his hand. He sighed and closed his eyes. Ashe knew that something was bothering him. She got up and looked in his eyes.
“What’s wrong?”
“From the moment I first set eyes on you, I was in love. There was no denying it. You were so beautiful. But … Then I realised that in order to protect you, I need to block you and everyone else from my heart. For over the years, everyone I loved or was befriended with got hurt or worse. What happened to Cloud was the final straw …”
“I felt the same way about you. And I could also see in your eyes that you loved me … and it wasn’t until I met Cloud that I realised what’s going on with you.”
“I’m sorry Ashe … I was so wrong. But now I still fear that you might get hurt … or … die.” Ashe sighed. She knew that he would say this.
“That might have been the case when we met Sir Leon but now I am quite capable of handling myself. And rest assured, I myself could defeat you if I really wanted it to. I’ve been trained to survive under severe circumstances like torture or being lost in nature. I’ve been trained to fight like the best to fight against the best. I can shoot a hole in one Gil of 50 metres away. So you don’t have one reason to be worrying about me.”
“I honestly can’t question your abilities Ashe, but I can still worry. They might get you to get to me and the other way around is very likely as well seeing as you have a new best friend.”
“Don’t you worry, don’t you cry. I’m right here and never will I die.”
“That’s what you said to me right before the SeeD exam.”
“Hehe, so you remember.” Ashe stood up and sat down on the bed right to her left. And there they sat for a few hours straight, talking. That meant a lot to them. They hadn’t talked right that for a long time. Leon finally opened up and spilled his guts whilst Ashe calmly listened to what he had to say. She then started to know a side of him she never knew before, and it is fair to say that she loved that side of him.

A few hours have passed and Cloud was inside the Headmasters office waiting for Leon and Ashe. Cloud and the Headmaster were having a small talk in the meantime. The Headmasters office was the office of former headmaster Cid, but the desk was moved forward and the lobby before his office was reduced in size allowing the Headmaster office to be larger. This of course giving the Headmaster more space. Behind Squall’s desk was a half open tube that served as an elevator to reach the Garden’s cockpit. On the walls to the left and right of Squall’s desk were all weapons including his prized sword: Lion Heart. Cloud was just admiring the Lion Heart as Leon and Ashe walked in. Squall laid down the documents he held in his hands and he stood up. Squall walked over to the front of his desk and he sat down on the desk. He crossed his arms and closed his eyes.
“Tell me everything Leon.”
The next 30 minutes were spent by giving Squall a detailed report off their first mission. Sometimes Squall would interrupt to go deeper into one matter but most of the time he just sat there knotting.
“And that is my rapport sir.” Leon said to finish his rapport. Squall blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes. He grabbed the documents he held in his hands before and he showed them to Leon. Ashe and Cloud looked at both the Headmaster as Leon but none of them budged. Leon didn’t even read the cover. Squall was hoping he would be the one to tell them so stood back up to give it a more official note.
“You’re going to be transferred. The 3 of you.” Leon, Cloud and Ashe looked shocked. What was going on?! “Leon will be the new Leader of the White SeeD ship: Ragnarok. Ashelin Barton and Cloud Fahren will be the second and third in command. I’ll let you decide who will get what rank.”
“Why sir?” Cloud said.
“First off all, don’t call me sir. Now I am off the same rank as you.”
“Okay Squall … Why us?”
“You three are the best SeeD we have at the moment. You three already showed great leadership qualities and your written tests were all passed with flying colours. And besides, the Ragnarok is nothing more than an orphanage and a training facility for the White SeeD. Just be prepared since the Ragnarok is coming the day after tomorrow” Cloud was thrilled to hear this. The Ragnarok! He always wanted to be on that ship, but the SeeD elitist group: The White SeeD, have always been a tad out of his league. But not anymore. And to top it off, now he would in charge. Leon and Ashe decided it would be best as to just go with the flow. The three of them saluted one more time before they stepped into the elevator and back downstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back