• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin - "geomantic"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EnderWiggin

What did u guys think of Final Fantasy XI? I thought it was fun for a while, but after the first two months it just got kind of old. A combination of stupid party members and lack of a storyline I guess.

D

Damocles

re: Final Fantasy XI - "O-hohohohohoho!"

i could never play it because of the fact that it was online and you had to pay. If they created a way to play it eithout it having ot be online or pay for it, I would try.

O

OneWingedAngel08

I agree with the lack of storline and it is kind of hard to find a good group of people to travel with I cant wait to play FFXII

Spectre

well what the hell you expect? its a MMORPG. i played it for a month doing summer vacion (a trip with a friend gone bad) and it was fun.

RubiAngel

Paopu_Fruit said:
I want Final Fantasy XI. I didnt know u had 2 pay 4 it tho.

Yup, you have to first buy the $100 worth of game and hard disk drive (but if you have one of the new "slimmer" PS2's, don't bother, they aren't made to support the HDD) and then you have to pay, I think it's like $12.95 a month the play online. Plus, if you cancel your account, you can't just make a new one or re-start (couldn't think of a better word, but you know what I mean) the old one. You have to buy the game all over again (a lot of people quit playing for a while, and then "Chains of Promathia" came out, but they had already canceled their accounts so they were screwed).

For all that, I have to give SE a big bow, I would have never been able to think of so many ways to make so much money from one game...

Gungrave

Who cares abut mmorpg's, they consume your soul.... but if I had to play one it'd be ffXI.

catz_keyblade67

Website
www.freewebs.com

When I first heard of FFXI, I was all over it. I would always bug my mom about it, but of course I couldnt get it because you had to pay to play. Now I could really care less about FFXI, because now Im all over KH2.

Awards
Final Fantasy XI

Who else plays FFXI?

I actually cant get on at the moment but will be back on it soon, who else here plays because I cant seem to find anyone who spaks english. :D

If you do, what server and what's your Player-Name?

misled_youth11683

Website
www.geocities.com

i play, i don't play very well, had the game for months now and i'm only a level 21. my screen name is misledyouth and i'm on the unicorn server.

Xaldin

Bronze Member
Awards
Final Fantasy XI Update Merit System.

With the upcoming merit point additions, you will be able to improve your character even further with all-new abilities and spells in the existing 15 job categories.
Merit point job categories will also become available for blue mages, corsairs, and puppetmasters.

Merit Point Categories
684_2.jpg
The existing 15 job categories will be improved to allow players the opportunity to further customize their level 75 characters with unique abilities.
These improved categories will include 4 to 8 abilities for each job. Depending on the distribution of merit points, it will be possible for players to access multiple new abilities.
Check out the upcoming version update news for what's in store.

- Subcategories
The 15 existing job categories will be divided into subcategories. Group 1 will include conventional abilities, while Group 2 will include the new job abilities, job traits, and spells.

- Accessing New Abilities
You can access Group 2 abilities by spending 1 point on the ability you wish to learn. Additional points spent on the same ability will shorten the recast time or enhance the effect (refer to the help text for each ability to learn the specific bonus).
Lowering the number of merit points in an ability to zero will cause it to disappear from your ability list.

- Ability Point Maximums
The Group 1 and Group 2 subcategories have separate totals for the maximum number of possible ability increases. Spending merit points to improve conventional abilities will not affect the acquisition of the new abilities.

Merit Points for Blue Mages, Corsairs, and Puppetmasters
In the upcoming version update, merit point job categories will be added for the three new jobs introduced in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc.
These categories will initially

Source: Final Fantasy 11 Official Online Site

Xaldin

Bronze Member
Awards
Square-Enix blows FFXI away with the ban gernade

Square-Enix had updated their official FFXI site, announcing rather of a situation against hacking, and had already begun a rather 'purification' path for the game, by banning over 2,000 PlayOnline accounts suspected of such things.

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been suspended or permanently terminated.

Based on the results of an investigation, over 2,000 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Jul. 21, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of these third-party tools.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (Real Money Trade) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

To ensure our customers could enjoy their games safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

S

Shadow Soldier

Re: Square-Enix blows FFXI away with the ban gernade

LMFAO thats awesome... At least they do something about hacking unlike other MMORPG games.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Re: Square-Enix blows FFXI away with the ban gernade

Blizzard bans 59,000 WOW accounts. XD So they got some ppl as well.

What I hate is the windower is a useful tool. It would be funny to see them ban ppl that use that.. Half the ppl would be gone XD. Though there is no way for them to track ppl that use that right now, but the gil sellers and hackers do need to be banned.. Its Gil sellers that made a mess of things in FFXI and pretty much F___ed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back