• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII - PC-to-PS4 Port out now!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kthundercat

Re: What do you think made Sephy the way he is?

Some people are born crazy, crazy is just hardwired into their brains. But all of these reasons are not only plausible, but very entertaining as well......

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards

Personally, if I had to wear tight leather pants for all eternity, and make up for certain... discrepancies... with a giant sword, I'd be pretty pissed too.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards

Sephiroth thought that he was a Cetra. He was scared when he first found out that he wasnt like Zack, who is human. Then after doing research, he found out that the Cetra had defended the planet from a calamity long ago and most died while the humans had fled and returned after the big fight. Sephiroth figured that it was unfair that humans should only survive, and so he tried to kill everyone and become one with the planet, the way the Cetra was meant to be.

After finding out that Jenova was the Calamity, he realized that she was trying to kill off the foolish people of the universe, and he was against the humans anyway so he continued what his mother had started long ago, for his revenge. At least that's how I see it.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

The mathematical equation for why Sephiroth is so loopy:
Jenova Cells (Isolation (No parents + endless Fighting) X Madness) + (Revelations about own past X Frustration at lack of knowledge)) = Severity of Madness

Masamune

Big Boss

^ that about clears it up

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH

We also got to remember that he is
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The only thing I do find sad about Sephiroth's story, is that he's always going to believe that Jenova is his mother and he's never going to know that
Spoiler Spoiler Show

It's kind of sad :sad: .

Puck

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That was the most interesting storyline segment in DoC.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia

i though the question "What do you think made Sephy the way he is?" was answered perfectly fine in the game... dunno how much more explanation you need...

Puck

I still think it's sad that he's never going to find out Lucretia is his mother. Then again, I haven't played Crisis Core, so it could happen in that game. I hoping Crisis Core really developes Sephiroth's character and show us his human side.

Masamune

Big Boss

sephiroth acting like a normal person would be weird >.>

jamietl

well finding out you was created... i doubt that would make everyone insane. but its odd, he thought he was an ancient, but when he finds out hes not he goes nuts. in ff7 i think he's just misguided because he doesn't seem evil, but in ac he seems vaguely nuts.

by the way in ff7 at the snow town did anyone catch the references to a man passing around a virus (geostigma i presume), and i was wondering how that fitted in with the whole scale of things.

Keitaro Urashima

GET LADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way in ff7 at the snow town did anyone catch the references to a man passing around a virus (geostigma i presume), and i was wondering how that fitted in with the whole scale of things.

What? really? hm..ill check that later...............

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful

Some people are born crazy, crazy is just hardwired into their brains. But all of these reasons are not only plausible, but very entertaining as well......

Crazy, I'm not crazy! Don't even think of locking me in the clink! AND GIVE ME BACK MY SKITTLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*coughcough* Okay, now that I've got that spaz outta my system. My opinion on why he's nutsoid is that someone took the last jelly-filled donougt(where the blazes did my spelling go?) and they also stole his cup of Starbucks coffe, so he went off the deep end 'cause those things are the only ones that can give him a "safe," high. Too bad he doesn't know about those bite size bits of the rainbow. Don't even think about it; the Skittles are MINE!

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

Like the title say what do you think is the reason Sephy's madness?

He wasn't normal. He wanted to figure this out, so he found out that he was not only a genetic experiment, but an ancient. So he want insane. . .and started hating and killing everyone and everything. . . His entire "race" was killed and his known existence collapsed around him. . .so yeah. . .pretty good reason. . . but still a crappy game. . .

jamietl

i know this is slightly off topic but im fed up of guessing, but how does sephiroth relate to cloud as i used to think that he was the failed clone, but clouds memories reveal otherwise, but in that case why was cloud being summoned by sephiroth is he was some normal other being?

Koji

Still Alive
Awards

^Sephiroth was born with JENOVA cells. So Hojo tried to experiment on Cloud to try to turn him into the next Sephiroth by putting JENOVA cells into him. All first class SOLDIERs had these cells put into them. So Cloud is a puppet of JENOVA, and a failed copy of Sephiroth.

Back