• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Fic Awards

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

fic of all time

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlecry

Who the hell do you think I am!?
Website
www.myspace.com
Cloud_Unchained said:
I think this would be biased.

All those voting would vote for the fics THEY read, leaving the rest of the fics they didn't read voteless.

I've had four fics in total, and three out of the four are finished. I don't think anyone has read them outside of my circle of friends.
Exactly. Plus, I haven't even HEARD of half the people on that list. And, that's pretty rare.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Yea, you did forget a few people, and yes, for the most part we are nobodies.

I don't mind. I am happy I got one vote, that is all I wanted.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Alright. This is wrong. The so-called "founder" of the Fan Fic awards has only been a member here for a month and has little to no literary skills whatsoever. Half of the authors that have been nominated can't tell the space bar from the enter key. Some even still write in SCRIPT FORMAT. More experienced authors will agree with me. Now, I may not be the best, but at least I can tell good from bad. I don't think sora212 has the privelage, nor the capacity, to start something like this.

Epilogue

killjoy princess
Cloud_Unchained said:
Alright. This is wrong. The so-called "founder" of the Fan Fic awards has only been a member here for a month and has little to no literary skills whatsoever. Half of the authors that have been nominated can't tell the space bar from the enter key. Some even still write in SCRIPT FORMAT. More experienced authors will agree with me. Now, I may not be the best, but at least I can tell good from bad. I don't think sora212 has the privelage, nor the capacity, to start something like this.

That is so agreeable C_U, amen. You deserve a Rikku token. D:

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
C_U that's a bit harsh.
So what if some of us (I'm including myself) aren't the greatest? We all have to start somehwere!

Anyway, what you said about this thread was true... who ever was around for some of the great ones should start a new thread with them listed... inly if that person is till on the forums... Ex: didn't GAbe leave?

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
BHKiller said:
So what if some of us (I'm including myself) aren't the greatest? We all have to start somehwere!

Well, if you want somewhere to start, winning a competition for mediocrity will get you nowhere. If you truly wanted to start somewhere, don't start writing until you read.

Gabe was a terrible writer who had no literary sense. Script format is never the proper way to write a story unless a play is being written.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Hmm, I normally judge a fan fic by its story, not how its written.

But you know if an "advanced" writer made an awards thing they would miss some of the good ones written by people who haven't been here long or aren't well known, so in the end this is a futile idea...

I though that this was just for fun, but whatever...

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
BHKiller said:
But you know if an "advanced" writer made an awards thing they would miss some of the good ones written by people who haven't been here long or aren't well known, so in the end this is a futile idea...

Don't think I don't read the story before judging it. The grammatical errors make it a pain to read, that's all. And besides, what is good? Characters being OoC'ed,
immature or unrefined humor, what else may I add?

Epilogue

killjoy princess
BHKiller said:
Hmm, I normally judge a fan fic by its story, not how its written.

I though that this was just for fun, but whatever...

There are also great writers such as "Shirozora" that wasn't placed on the list. Honestly, she is an excellent writer and is very well known, yet she is not on there? For shame.

As C_U stated, the grammar problems are a big pain in the eyes. Killer, really killer for me to read if I saw a fanfiction like this ex: Sora: liek hey~ *waves*. That's just a no, no. Most well known and great fanfictions are usually well written from what I have read. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back