• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ff9- the recognition it deserves

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

riku157

FFIX was one of the best final fantasy's. It had a really great cast,music,and storyline. Zidane was very cool and the same goes for kuja (even though people call him a cross-dresser but not me i love kuja).

jk4eva

I haven't seen the ending yet, but even though I had my doubts about FFIX before I played, I can honestly take them back now. It is true that some tend to underestimate this game - I enjoyed it though.
The characters were developed wonderfully, plot was intriguing and the interactions between them were light-hearted and humorous. The graphics are lovely too. ^^

Hikari44

MegaFlare said:
IX *is* better than VII in every way: music, graphics, dialogue, character development.
Quite confident there, aren't ya?

I agree with you that IX was a great game! I have to admit, before I played it, my brother had brain washed me to hate it cause it didnt hold a candle to the others i had played ( 7 8 and 10) but after i played it through i realized that it had great character developement, music graphics, dialogue, etc. (Plus the fact that Vivi was in it gives it MAJOR appeal points. VIVIII!!! *sob*) Conclusion: FF IX was a great game!

Having said that, I have to say that even though it was a great game, I didn't love its characters half as much as I loved 7, 8 and 10's, I didn't remember a lot of the music (Except for MoL - made me cry ^^) where as i can recall almost all the songs from the others, and I can't recall many memorable quotes from that game as from the others. And I really don't think its fair to compare 7's graphics to 9's because at the time 7 was made, its graphics were revolutionary. 9's graphics are better simply because they hadn't been invented when 7 came out! Whenever you are comparing an older game to a newer one, graphics shouldn't be a negative for the older game.

7,8,X > 9 > 4 > X-2

New2Ya

I'm lost...
JaXeMs_TwilighT said:
ahh.. kuja we cant forget him. he was awseme i heard he was actually a girl on the jap./international version? is that true?
Its a 50/50 thing. We'd need a Japanese player for confirmation... o_O
But it's quite possible. He wears a G-String, a braw, paints his fingers nails, has girly hair... and he loves feathers.

So either he's a woman in the JP version or homosexual.:rolleyes:

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
JaXeMs_TwilighT said:
ahh.. kuja we cant forget him. he was awseme i heard he was actually a girl on the jap./international version? is that true?

No. It would change an important number of dialogue pieces later in the game.

Fear his codpiece.

But yeah, I agree totally with you guys. FFIX was uber, and all of you have mentioned the reasons why. Uematsu. Wow. It was the first FF soundtrack I bought ( soon many others ) other than Final Fantasy Tactics OST. In any case, IX seems to be the neglected step-child compared to it's older brothers VII, and VIII. It's a shame. Truly one of the best PSone games out there.

Hikari44

Shamdeo said:
Fear his codpiece.
ROFL! XD

Shamdeo said:
But yeah, I agree totally with you guys. FFIX was uber, and all of you have mentioned the reasons why. Uematsu. Wow. It was the first FF soundtrack I bought ( soon many others ) other than Final Fantasy Tactics OST. In any case, IX seems to be the neglected step-child compared to it's older brothers VII, and VIII. It's a shame. Truly one of the best PSone games out there.
Seriously, IX was not "uber." And the music was pretty good, but it was nothing compared to 7 8 or 10's soundtracks (especially 10's. that has to be the best ff soundtrack ever). I think the reason Ix is the neglected step-child is because.....the real children (7/8/10) are cooler! ^^

New2Ya

I'm lost...
^Well I dont think thats the case.

The thing is, because the others got so much attention a lot of FFIX fans feel like the game is neglected. And partly its true of course, becuz when you say FF, 9 out of 10 times you say 7 or 8, and the latest FF players say 10...

Pretty sad, becuz 9 is one of the greatest, like 7, 8 and 10. In my opinion, they were the greatest of them all, but FF12 will most likely change that into "FF12 is the best..." xD

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Hikari44 said:
ROFL! XD

Seriously, IX was not "uber." And the music was pretty good, but it was nothing compared to 7 8 or 10's soundtracks (especially 10's. that has to be the best ff soundtrack ever). I think the reason Ix is the neglected step-child is because.....the real children (7/8/10) are cooler! ^^

Feh, I disagree. IX's soundtrack was leagues above X's soundtrack. First of all, the reason why is that S-E put such a burden on Uematsu to make a good soundtrack with a good song ( Suteki Da Ne, which is lovely, but in any case... ) that they signed on Masashi Hamauzu and Junya Nakano to help him out. I'll just say it outright. Half the tracks in Final Fantasy X sound uninspired and poorly incorporated with the PS2's synthesizer.

Tracks that I thought had some merit.

Final Fantasy IX ~
~ Vamo 'Alla Flamenco
~ Vivi's Theme
~ Feel My Blade
~ Crossing Those Hills
~ Border Village Dali
~ Lindblum
~ Ukelele De Chocobo
~ Kingdom Of Burmecia
~ Kuja's Theme
~ Tantalus Theme
~ Cleyra's Trunk
~ Eternal Harvest
~ Loss Of Me
~ Mountain Pass: Conde Petie
~ Black Mage Village
~ Eiko's Theme
~ Ruins of Madain Sari
~ We Are Theives!
~ Moogles' Theme
~ The Airship, Hilde Garde
~ Secret Library Daguerreo
~ Ipsen's Heritage
~ Terra
~ Bran Bal, The Village Without Souls
~ Pandaemonium, The Castle Frozen In Time
~ You're Not Alone!
~ Dark Messenger
~ The Final Battle ( Necron )
~ Behind The Door
~ Melodies Of Life / Final Fantasy Theme ( Which FFX didn't have. Shame. )
~ ( Probably forgetting more of the great ones, I'll add more. )

Final Fantasy X ~
~ To Zanarkand
~ Tidus's Theme
~ Otherworld
~ Normal Battle
~ Auron's Theme
~ Jecht's Theme
~ Suteki Da Ne
~ Yuna's Determination
~ Seymour Battle
~ "Please Remember"
~ Suteki Da Ne ( orchestrated )

Hikari44

Shamdeo said:
Half the tracks in Final Fantasy X sound uninspired and poorly incorporated with the PS2's synthesizer.
*gasp!* BLASPHEMY! lol jk. but, in any case, thats what i think about many songs in FFIX, so i can see where you are coming from.

Shamdeo said:
~ Melodies Of Life / Final Fantasy Theme ( Which FFX didn't have. Shame. )
Yes it did. FFX had the original Final Fantasy theme in it. I don't remember the track name, but its on there somewhere. It was the same tune (with the notes going all the way up the scale and then back down) but it was on another instrument like a xylophone or something (i dunno what instrument but it sounded awesome.)

Shamdeo said:
Final Fantasy X ~
~ To Zanarkand
~ Tidus's Theme
~ Otherworld
~ Normal Battle
~ Auron's Theme
~ Jecht's Theme
~ Suteki Da Ne
~ Yuna's Determination
~ Seymour Battle
~ "Please Remember"
~ Suteki Da Ne ( orchestrated )
Yeah, those tracks were basically all my favorites. Also the Hymn of the faith.

LinkSlySora

I like it a LOT!!! It was diffirent from the rest of the Final Fantasy's and is a lot of fun. I am currently playing it and am going to decide if its better then Final Fantasy VII!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back