• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► FF7: Angel's Child

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haku

<3
Alright then Rika, I'll be on the lookout for it to see how it turns out xD.

Rika17

it might take me awhile to finish this chapter up, but just be patience with me and i'll have the next chap as soon as possible

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
no worries rika. take your time. you dont have to update every time.
it does take time to work on a chapter, i should know. lol.

Rika17

yeah, i know what you mean...writing a story is tougher than it looks, but the good new is that i'm almost done with chapter 3, I've just got to finish writing the past about the sword smith and then after that I'm going on to chapter 4

Rika17

Chapter 3

I’ve turn on all the lights of my basement to reveal the workshop of my sword foundation. Inside this seminar revealed the tools and minerals that were needed to make a weapon. Many utensils hung from the wall as they dangled from their nailed hooks. Against the walls, were shelve upon shelves of material, items, and other objects that were also going to be used in making the sword. I walked towards the middle of the room to see the large bricked furnace that was the heart of creating my beautiful and distinctive weapons.

I gazed around looking at all the equipment in the room, I looked down and stared at the sword that the young man had pick out and provided me with. By taking a deep breath and sighing I knew that it was gonna take a lot more men then me to create this gigantic sword that was soon to be made. I walked over to a table that I had in the basement and set it down, and then with a rush, I quickly went back upstairs to my shop and headed for the phone that I had sitting on the counter.

I pick up the dialer and swiftly pressed some numbers on the phone. The other line rang for several times before a man who was the same age as me picked up the phone and answered it.

“Hello….?” Said the other man in a low voice
“Hey, Chris! It’s me Freddy! How you’ve been man?”
The man on the other line starts to go cheery and his tone of voice becomes joyful.
“Hey, Freddy! What’s up man? It’s been ages since the last time I’ve heard of you. What have you been doing?”
“Nothing much,” I said to Chris “Just making swords and weapons for the SOLDIERS to use, that’s all….”
“That’s great!” he said to me “I’m glad that you’re doing good for yourself,”
I smile.
“Thanks,”
“So…what can I do for you?” he said to me
“Well…” I said scratching my head “I need some help…”
“Help…?” said Chris in puzzlement
“Yeah,” I said “Just a little while ago…a young man from SOLDIER just came into my shop and ask me to make a sword for him,”
“So…what’s the problem?” said Chris
“Well…” I said still unsure just how odd the request was “The young man just recently made first class,”
“FIRST CLASS! Isn’t that…like…the highest rank in SOLDIER?” yelled Chris
“Yeah!” I said to him “It really surprise me as well, he being so young and all,”
“Wow!” said Chris in amazement over the phone “That’s really impressive, I’ve never thought that would really happen to anyone in Shinra,”
“Yeah, me neither, like I said before he wanted me to make him a sword and over here in Midgar…when a SOLDIER make First Class he is required to have his very own customize weapon of any shape or size,”
“So…what is it that you need help with?” asked Chris
“Well…the young man asked for the sword’s blade to be as twice as long as it should be,”
“TWICE AS LONG!? Now why would he want a sword that lengthy?”
“Well…he said that he likes to fight at a long distance…but also at a rapid pace, so I was thinking that with a blade that SIZE it’s gonna take a lot of heavy muscle to create this and I was thinking that maybe…if you not to busy…you, me, and Comrade could make this brilliant weapon together,”

A low hum could be heard on the other side of the telephone line, as Chris began think about the situation. Several seconds went by before Chris made his decision and a chirpy voice was consumed over phone.

“YES!” he said in exclamatory “It would be an honor to help you out again my friend, I want to see how BRILLIANT this sword is gonna turn out to be and to met this mysterious young man who asked you to make this sword,”

A sigh of relief came over me, as I was happy to know that I was getting the assistances that I needed.

“Thanks,” I said to Chris “I really appreciate this,”
“No problem,” said Chris “I’m glad that I can help…wait…that reminds me…did you tell Comrade about this?”
“No, I haven’t,” I said shaking my head “I’m gonna call him right now,”
“Good,” said Chris “Is he gonna freak out when he hears about this!”
“Yeah,” I said, as we both began to laugh
“Alright, then, I guess I better let you go,” said Chris “I’ll see you at your shop,”
“Okay, see you later,”

We both said our goodbyes and hunged up the phone. After that I quickly called up Comrade and explain the whole story to him.

“WHAT!?” said Comrade in shock, after I told him what happen
“So…will you be able to help?” I said to him

I didn’t have to wait for long, as soon as I asked Comrade to help me; he’d quickly responded a yes and in addition was ecstatic by the thrill that he was going to take part in creating this new weapon. A sudden joy over filled me as my two best friends agreed to assistance me. It had been seven years since I’ve last saw them. During that time, I was leaving for Midgar and had already been hired by Scarlet to work for her under the Shinra Weapon’s Department. Ever since the three of us were kids, Chris, Comrade, and I, would always play together with wooden swords or exploring in the town’s forest, which were told not to go into because of the monsters lurking behind every bush, but we’d refused to listen and went in anyways and got into huge trouble afterwards. It was fun growing up in those days when we were carefree and had nothing to worry about. Soon the three of us became childhood friends and grew up together like brothers in a family. But after I’ve left to Midgar, I hardly ever kept in touch with either Christ or Comrade and truly felt awful that I’ve never token the time to call or even wrote to them. However, now that they were coming over to facilitate me in making this new sword, I was truly grateful and bless in seeing my friends again and couldn’t be happier.

A few hours went by before I notice the sound of loud knocks coming from my door I quickly rushed to the front entrance of my shop and promptly swung open the door. And there…right before my eyes, stood my two best childhood friends, Comrade and Christ.

“Hey pal, long time no see,” said Chris waving a hand in front of him. Chris was a tall black man that stood six feet tall, with a broad muscular body, and kind brown eyes. He had a bald head that gleam in the sunlight when ever he went out, but more than anything, Chris was the most generous man that I’ve have ever known.

Ever since we were boys, Chris was always the bigger kid and the other children of our town were afraid of him because of his “large” size and ended up picking on him because of that. They would call him names such as the “giant” or “colossal boy” or any other names of that topic, which in the end left poor Chris alone. I for one wasn’t afraid of him I was more of the brave type. I, however, found his unique size to be quit interesting and was captivated to know how he became so big! So without any hesitation, I randomly walked up to him and introduce myself to him. The other children who stood at the back of me, gawk in bewilder, as I started to have a conversion with the “giant”.

As Chris and I grew more into our talk, I begin to see that he wasn’t a monster that the other children thought he was. I looked into his brown eyes and I saw
nothing more than a kind, caring, and gentle person who was just a misfit from the other children just because they said him to be. Chris was a friendly boy who just came from a long line of tall men in his family and had nothing to be ashamed about. The other children were in awe and completely stun to see one of their peers, just bravely talk to this “big boy”.

Once the other children saw that I wasn’t being pulverized by the massive boy, they began to approach him and calmly started to have a conversion with him. As soon as they become aware of just how fastidious Chris was, the children began thinking to themselves just how foolish they were for making fun of him in the first place. After that day the other children and Chris began to play more often with each other and soon after that event Chris and I would become best friends and would always watched each others back from that day on.

“GUYS!!” I said happily and the three of us shook each others hands and embrace one another.
“Long time no see!” said Comrade who beamed brightly than all of us
“It sure has,” I said to him, patting him on the shoulder

Comrade was one of most happiest guys I have ever know. He had bright red hair that spike up on the top. Light tan skin that was almost the color of a sandy beach. Blue eyes that sparkle in the sun, but shined more vividly when he was in his most joist mood. He stood, a mid five feet tall, he was the smallest out of the three of us but he had a very friendly attitude. He was in good shape but not as muscularly built as Chris. He had some muscles on his arm and chest but was a little skinnier than both Chris and I. Comrade wasn’t really into body building like other men would, just enough to keep him into shape and totally active.

When we were children, I remember Comrade being the weakest in the town’s children eyes. He wasn’t the fastest nor the strongest, he was terrified of every little bug that he’d came across with, and was sort of a wuss when it came to playing dodge ball. He could never win at that game, the moment when the other kids would start throwing the balls at each other; Comrade would be the first one to be exposed. I remember there would be times when he would go home bruised and sore all over his body, there were even times when he got a nose bleed and had to be rushed home so his mom could stop the hemorrhaging. Once when we were playing dodge ball, Comrade got knock over the head with one of the balls that were thrown at him and fell back unconscious, he had to stay in bed for a week. I felt really sorry for him, for it was me who threw the ball at him. I completely felt ashamed of myself and quickly went over to his house.

I gently knock on the door and I could here the sounds of someone’s foot steps coming to the door. The door slowly opens to reveal Comrade’s mother who look exactly like him except she had long silky red hair. I stare at her with regret in my eyes and toke a deep breath and explain everything to her of what happen that toke during the game. After I’ve told her the whole story of the appalling dodge ball game, I quickly straighten myself up and tighten my body to prepare myself for whatever consequences that might take it’s told before me. My father always said that a real man told the truth and toke any penalty for what he did wrong, and that’s what I did, I did just that, I’d prepare myself for the worst and was gonna take it like a man. I’ve closed my eyes and waited for some sort of hit across my face, but instead of a slap, I open my eyes and felt the soft and gentle hand of Comrade’s mother patting my head.

I looked at her face and saw a kind expression spreading before me and a soft laughter giggle from her throat. “Don’t worry,” She said to me in a kind voice “It was just an accident, no need to torture yourself with it,” After those words that she said to me, I felt relieve and relax my body. Afterwards she welcomes me into her home and showed me where Comrade’s bedroom was. I slowly enter his room and saw him lying on his bed looking at the window across from him. His eyes slowly turn to me and he quickly rises up from his bed and greets me. I walk slowly towards him and apologize for what I did to him. A gentle smile stretches across his face and tells me not to worry about it. I feel completely at ease knowing that he was okay and was gonna make a full recovery. We soon begin to talk to each one other and start to enjoy each others company. Comrade tells me when he was a baby he was born prematurely and had weak lungs, which makes it difficulty for him to breath and hard to play with other children sometimes. That’s why he couldn’t run as fast as the other children could and would sometimes make him feel left out. But he told me that his weak lungs were something that he was growing out of and just has to rest whenever he felt worn out.

After that conversation, I’ve learn that Comrade was just like any other kid in town and just wanted to play, but couldn’t get the chance because of his weak lungs. I then realize that Comrade didn’t really have any friends to play with. I remember some of the other kids in town picking on him because he was so weak and scrawny and the fact the he couldn’t play dodge ball very well. I figure if he had just one friend to hang out with maybe it will influence him to become a better player at dodge ball. Suddenly I stretched out my and hand and looked at him in they eye with a smile on my face. A questionable look was on face when he saw my hand lingering towards him. “Let’s be friends,” I said to him. A look of glee beamed across his and he quickly toke my hand and nod his head. “Yes,” he said “Let be friends!” We’ve both smile and grin toward each other with the thought of having a friend by our side.

Soon after me and Comrade became friends I started teaching him on how to play dodge ball, once he got the hang of it, Comrade no longer got hit with a ball and eventually triumph after ever game. No one could defeat him, he was unstoppable. Every ball that he got, he would catch it and throw it back at another kid and hit them with it. Comrade no longer stinked at dodge ball, it soon became his favorite game and won at every round that was played. He was called the “Dodge Ball Master” and was respected by all the town’s kids that were defeat by him. He was no longer the wimp and quickly became the most popular boy in town.

Soon after Comrade, Chris, and I greeted one another, I’ve toke the two guys downstairs to the basement and showed them my workshop. The basement was warm and comforting due to the heated furnace that I started up soon after calling Comrade and Chris. It was still a little cold outside being that it was still in the late winter, the guys soon felt relax the moment the warm toasty air touched their bodies and started to feel at peace.

“Boy! It sure is comfy in here!” said Comrade with a smile on his face
“It sure is!” Said Chris after him “Like a warm blanket,”
I smiled at both of them and lead them to the table that was in the basement.
“Here guys, take a seat, make yourselves at home.” I said to them

The guys nodded their heads and pull out some chairs and sat down on them. I’ve toke this time to go to the one of the shelves that were hanging on the wall and pulled out a container of coffee along with a coffee maker.

“You guys want some coffee or something?” I ask them
The both looked at each other nod their heads at the same time
“Sure,” said Chris “I’ll take a cup,”
“Me too,” said Comrade with a smile on his face

I plunge the coffer maker into the outlet and filled it with water; I then scooped up some coffee from the container and put in into the filter. I switched on the coffer maker and a few seconds later hot steaming coffer started pouring into the coffee pot. I sat down at the table with the other guys and began talking to one another as the three of us waited patiently for the coffee to be ready.

“So…what have you guys been up to?” I asked them “It’s been years since the last time we’ve saw each other,”
“Well…” said Chris scratching his head “Me and Comrade have been working in some mines that are full of materia,”
“Really?” I said to them in revelation
“Yeah,” said Comrade, as he turn his head towards me “Y’know those caves that we’ve use to play in at the end of the town’s forest?”
“Yeah?”
“Well…” said Comrade, as he continued on “Deep inside those caves were walls and walls of materia! I mean those caverns were caked with them!”
“No kidding? I didn’t think our town had something that valuable,” I said
“We’ve didn’t believe it either,” said Chris, turning his head to Comrade “Next thing we know…is that…everyone in town started getting their shovels and wheel barrels. Everybody rushed towards the caves and started digging for materia, even the little kids in town started helping out. It was a total jubilation for us that day,”
“Unbelievable,” I said, shaking my head in astonishment “Who discover that there was materia in the caves?”
“We did!” said Comrade and Chris at the same time and pointed a thumb on their chest
“Really?” I said to them “When did you make the discovery?”
“Well…” said Christ “It was a few years after you left the town…Comrade and I decide to go back to caves were we use to play in for old time sakes,”
“Those caves brought back a lot of memories when we were kids,” said Comrade with peaceful looked on his face “So Chris and I decided to take a walk inside them and remember how we used to play pirate and pretend to look for buried treasure,”
“As we continue on recalling those good old days,” said Chris “Comrade and I didn’t realize that we both reached the end of the cavern. When we finally snapped out of thoughts, there we saw glittering with light was the materia in its natural state. All around us the materia cover the cave from head to toe, it was amazing! Never in our lives have we seen such treasure! We had to go and tell the others as soon as possible!”
“Thank goodness we found it when we did,” said Comrade, shrugging his shoulders and slightly raising his hands a little “Our town has always been in poor shape ever since we were kids growing up,”

Chris nodded his head; I too nodded my head in agreement. As I remember it, our town had little money to thrive on. There were no doctors or hospitals, if you were sick or injury, you would have to make a house call in order to see the physician. The doctors lived in bigger towns and in other places that were full money, but our town was small and remote from other cities, that it would take the doctor three days just to come by to our community and to see you. The physician would only come by once a month to see the general public, it was the only time to go see the doctor; any other time was impossible or too protracted.

Education too was a problem; there was only one school house and one teacher.
Our town was so poor that we couldn’t even afford the simplest school equipment such as: pencils, papers, and notebooks. Our textbooks were worn and ripped, the pages kept falling out and we had to put the book back together with tape. As kids growing up we were only able to go to class one a week and couldn’t go to class everyday because our teacher had to go and teach the other grade levels. So he could only teach two grades per day, once a week. The way it was schedule was: the first and second graders on Mondays, third and fourth graders on Tuesdays, fifth and sixth graders on Wednesdays, seventh and eighth graders on Thursdays, ninth and tenth graders on Fridays, and eleven and twelfth graders on Saturdays. Sunday was the only day were there was no school, so we had the day off and plenty of time to do our homework before we’d go back to class the following week.

Life was hard growing up in our small town, many of us didn’t have insurance or money to live a good life, but we’d tried our hardest to live the best that we could and that all that matter. Yet, it still wasn’t enough for others in our town. After the twelfth grader graduated from school, most of the young men from that level would quickly pack up their stuff and move to Midgar to find a job or work as a Shinra SOLDIER is was the most self-important thing they could do. But for the young women in our community it was much harder for them. They couldn’t easily escape the town by following their dreams; the only way out for them was to get married and hopefully the husbands that they were wed to were wealthy and rich, it was the only thing that they could do back then. The painful part of this story was that only a rare few could find men like that, the rest however were forever snared and were force to spend the rest of their lives there.

“Yeah, the town was in need of financial help,” I said to them “I’m glad to hear that you guys found the materia when you did. Now the town can afford a decent doctor and can build a better school and hospital now,”

Chris and Comrade nodded at the same time, but suddenly Comrade had an unsure expression on his face and began to go into a deep thought. Chris and I looked at our friend in concern and asked him what was wrong?

“Well…” said Comrade coming out of his thoughts “I just wish that we’ve could have found the materia sooner. We’d really needed it back then, I’m really upset that we’ve just barely discovered it a few years ago,”
Chris and me just glance at each other and smiled softly at Comrade.
“Comrade…” I said to him and gently laying a hand on his shoulder “What matter now is that the town has gil to live on now,”
“Yeah!” said Chris “Better late then never, if we didn’t manage to find the materia, the town would still be struggle just to get by. So…there’s no need to worry about anything anymore were wealthy now because of this!”
Comrade’s frown soon disappeared and was replaced by a joyful smile.
“Yeah, you’re right, there’s no need to worry about this anymore, the town is rich now, so we don’t have to worry about any troubles at all anymore!”
The three of us smiled.
“That’s the spirit!” said Chris and gently patted Comrade on the back “We don’t have any troubles at all!”

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
wow what a loong chap. good to see the old man got some lads. cool.
great job rika.

Haku

<3
Its awesome to finally read a long chapter that was well worth the wait, overall wonderful job.

Rika17

Chapter 3
***Flashback***
After a few cups of coffee and three of us reminisce about the past, I finally got down to business with my two friends.

“Alright guys, now let’s get down to business,” I said, as Comrade and Chris turned towards me.

“Oh, right,” said Comrade nearly forgetting why he came over in the first place.

“Yes,” said Chris “back to business, this sword…that this young man asked of you?”

“Right,” I nodded and turned towards the table were the sword the young man had chosen and picked up the blade from the table to show Comrade and Chris “As you’ve heard this customer of mines wants this sword to be double in size,”

“Yeah, I heard you mention that,” said Chris looking at the sword

“Yeah, but why?” Said Comrade looking very confuse “I see no problems with that sword it’s fine the way it is,”

“Yeah, that what I was thinking too,” I said “But he said he wanted expansion and quickness when fighting in battle, but what I’m really thinking is that “The Bigger the Weapon is the Better,”

Comrade and Chris nodded in agreement as Chris just gently waved a hand in the air.

“These young kids today…” said Chris “Just have no appreciation now; it’s all about looking good and how to get all the attention for it,”

“Right,” said Comrade in agreement “Not like use when we were kids, at least we were thankful when one of the adults would give us something very expensive to have, it was a total honor back then when someone gave you something back then,”

“Yeah…” I said leaning back into my chair “But what can I do? This customer of mines is not only in SOLDIER but a First Class Officer as well,”

Comrade and Chris suddenly turned their heads towards me in astonishment and awe and quickly scooted their chairs towards mines.

“GIVE US THE DETAILS!!!” The two of them said out loud

“Who is this guy that made First Class!!?” said Comrade with his face in front of mines.

“Yeah and how did he get to be in the upper class so young of age?” said Chris.

“Well…” I said, still thinking of the very same thing and quite unsure of how to tell my friend of how this young man that came into my shop became a First Class Officer at the age he was in. This, however, was truly remarkable, even for me to hear.

“Like I said before,” I said, leaning over to the guys as they lean their heads forward to listen very careful. “This young man came into my shop just a few hours ago and wanted me to make him a sword, where he comes from or what his age is…I really don’t have clue but his personality was very kind and his looks well… he had green cat-like eyes and mid-length silver hair, which something I’ve never seen in a person before,”

“It must be fashion trend, that the young kids are wearing now-a-days,” said Comrade

“No,” I said; shake my head, “The Shinra Company doesn’t allow their SOLDIERs to dye their hair or to were color contacts,”

“Could it be that he’s natural distinct like that?” said Chris

“Hmmm…I don’t know…maybe…” I said, putting fist to my chin and wondering if he was actually born that way or disguising himself to fit in to the Shinra SOLDIERs.

“Well, it doesn’t matter now,” said Chris “The kid made up to an High Ranking Officer now that something you don’t see every day and who knows maybe one day this kid will be known as legend around here.”

Comrade and I looked up towards Chris and smiled at one another and realize that he was right.

“Yeah,” I said, looking over to Chris “I mean who are we to be judgmental about other people, I mean I have you guys as my best friends and it can’t get any better than that,”

“Yeah,” said Comrade “If it wasn’t for you, we wouldn’t even be friends,”

Christ nodded and agreed with Comrade “He’s right, y’know, without you we wouldn’t be here,’’

I looked up towards my friends and smile gently at them. I’ve never knew that someone like me could have great friends and can have pals that cared about you, it was a total honor and a blessing to have them as my friends and people that I can count on. I started to get teary eyed and quickly shook my head before the two of the started to notice that I was beginning to cry.

“Thanks you guys,” I said softy “It’s good to know that I have friend like you that I can depend on,”

“No problem man,” said Chris “Beside we should be the ones thanking you, if you hadn’t introduce yourself to us when were kids and gave us the confidence that we needed when were young I don’t think we would ever be friends, just like Comrade said,”

“Yeah,” said Comrade “You were there for us and now were here for you and if you should need anything at all, all you need to do is call us, were only a phone call away,”

I felt the tears swell up inside my eyes again and quickly regain myself before Comrade and Chris knew that I was about to cry.

“Alright,” I said starting to man-up “Enough of this mushy stuff, what are we women? We have work to do; I need to get this sword finished by the end of the month and sitting around here talking about the past ain’t gonna make the process any faster.”

Chris and Comrade stood up and nodded in agreement.

“Yeah,” said Comrade “Let’s hurry and make this awesome sword for…uhhh….hmmmm….Hey what is the name of this customer of yours, Fred?”

I turn to Comrade for a moment and looked back at the table which had some paper work on it. I lean forward and went through a cluster of papers that were scatter on the table and went through them till I found the one I was looking for.

“Uhh…”I said, searching for the name on the paper “Ahh…he’s name…is…ummm…Ah! Here it is…..Seph…ir…oth….Sephiroth ! Yep, that’s my client’s name Sephiroth,”

“Sephiroth…?” said Chris “That’s an odd name,”

Comrade turned to Chris and nodded.

“Yeah,” said Comrade “I’ve never heard any parent called their child Sephiroth before…?”

I too nodded in agreement “Yeah, I know, it sounds weird, but I’m not here to be judgmental about other people, especially not to my clients, I’m just here to service them not to gossip about them and that what I’m doing,”

Comrade and Chris nodded.

“Yeah, you’re right,” said Comrade “We’re definitely not the judgmental type,”

“Yeah,” said Chris “No matter how strange the name is,”

I smile at my two friends and walk towards them.

“C’mon, guys let’s get this project started!”

Rika17

Chapter 3
***Flashback***

Chris and Comrade smiled greatly at me and the three of us rapidly got to work on the sword. I quickly unbounded the blade from its wooden handle while Chris and Comrade quickly gather supplies and prepared a melting pot that was to break down the sword into a silver liquid. I finally got the steel sword free from its timber grip and held it above my face.

“There we go…” I said, gazing at the solid blade and looking into its steel mirror “Now let’s melt you down with some other steel I have for you,”

I walk over to the melting pot that Comrade quickly heated up and was already glowing with a bright red and yellow surface with hot burning flames coming from underneath it. I swiftly put on some heat resistance protection along with some long metal clamps to hold the sword while it was being melted into the pot.

“This is it you guys,” I said to Comrade and Chris “The moment of truth, today we create the most magnificence sword ever to be build!”

I slowly carried the blade towards the melting pot and carefully began to dip it into burning crock. I was almost fully putting the steel into the burning cauldron when all of sudden I heard Chris voice calling out to me to stop the process.

“Wait! Hold on a minute!” said Chris

“Why…What’s wrong?” I replied to him and slowly pulled out the sword from the pot.

“This is...the greatest weapon that we’re making right?” he said

I turned to Comrade and the two of us looked back at Chris and nodded our heads.

“Well then…shouldn’t this great sword have some great material in it?”

“What do you mean?” I said to Chris feeling confuse and unsure of his words.

“Just give me one sec…” said Chris and quickly ran upstairs towards the weapon shop were the three of us first came from.

I slowly turned to Comrade and raise my eyebrow towards him; he too turn the same way to me and two of us both began to wonder what Chris was up to.

“Now what do you think he means by “Great Material?” I said to Comrade.

“Beats me?” said Comrade scratching his head in wonderment.

Just above us, Comrade and I could hear the sounds of thumping footsteps rumbling against the floor above and the thrashing sounds of rustle from the upper level that were coming from Chris and whatever it was that he was doing upstairs.

“Whatever that Chris is doing, he better not be messin up my shop,” I said growing a little irritated by all the noise that he was making.

“CHRIS, YOU BETTER NOT BE MESSIN UP MY SHOP UP THERE!!” I yelled towards the stairs of the basement

“I’M NOT!!” shouted Chris

“WHAT IS THAT YOUR DOING UP THERE ANYWAYS!?” shouted Comrade

“DON’T WORRY, I’VE ALMOST GOT IT!!” yelled Chris

“WELL…HURRY IT UP, WE GOT WORK TO DO!!” I shouted

“I’VE GOT IT!!!” yelled Chris “I’M COMING DOWN NOW!!!”

Finally the two of us hear Chris coming down the stairs and both Comrade and I sighed in relief that he was finally done doing whatever that it was upstairs.

“Bout time,” I said to Chris

“Sorry,” he apologize “But I really wanted to get this”

Comrade and I both turned to Chris and notice that he was carried something shiny in his hands. Chris opens up his hands in front of us to reveal a yellow glowing material that was dazzling before us with such beauty and magnificence. Comrade and I quickly widen our eyes and open our mouths to this jaw-dropping event that was occurring right before us.
I quickly looked up to Chris with a stunning look upon my face and said to him “Is this materia!?” I pointed out to the glowing crystal.

“Yep!” said Chris as he nodded with his reply

“Is this the material that you got from the cave?” said Comrade looking over to Chris with the exact same look on my face.

“Exactly!” said Chris

“You mean that this…is the material you guys discover in the cave?” I said still in shock

“Yep!” said Chris looking down at the material “This is a piece of materia that me and Comrade found together when the two of us went into the cave. I thought it might make some good substance when you told me that you were working on a new sword, so I brought it along for you to use,”

“Here take it!” he said and passes me the materia

I looked down towards the shinning rock and saw that is was glittering with enchantment held deep within it. I looked up at Chris and saw him beaming with happiness. I realize then that I couldn’t possibility merge this material with the steel sword it was much too valuable for that, I quickly pass the materia back to Chris and roughly shook my head.

“No,” I said “I can’t use this, it way too valuable,”

“It’s alright” said Chris as he put his hand on my shoulder “I want you to use it,”

I shook my head again objecting to the subject.

“I can’t do that, Chris, this materia is way too precious for me to melt it down with a steel sword, I don’t want to ruin it,”

Chris just smiled at me and handed me back the material.

“It’s okay,” he said “You don’t have to worry about it, there’s plenty of more materia like that back at the cave and more of it is being dig up as we speak and besides what’s a great sword without great material or should I say materia, right?”
I looked up at Chris and smile at him as I began to hold the glowing material tightly in my hands.

“Thank you,” I said to Chris as I held onto the material “I promise I won’t let this go to waste”

Chris raised himself up and began to smile at me.

“That’s good to hear,” he said, grinning at me.

“Well what are we doing just standing around here for!?” exclaimed Comrade “Don’t we have a job to do?”

I looked over to Comrade and nodded at him.

“Yeah,” I said “Let’s continue on with the process, our client is waiting after all,”

“Yeah!” said Chris “Once he sees this new sword, he’ll be overflowing with tears of astonishment and then everybody will be wanting one!”

I smile at Chris as the thought of the new sword being famous. What an exciting feeling it will once everyone knew that I created a famous sword that I made for a Shinra SOLDIER.I turned to both of my friends and call over to them as they cheerful gossip between themselves of the new sword that was about to be created.

“Okay you guys, enough chit chat; let’s get started on this new sword!”

The guys suddenly stop their conversation and turn over to me and nodded. Then quickly without another word the three of us swiftly went back to work. I went towards the melting pot that was still burning with red hot flames and slowly began to dip the steel blade into pot along with the glowing materia that Chris gave to me as an added substance to the new blade that I was about to create.

Rika17

Chapter 3

***Flashback***

The three of us friends work long and hard on the new blade as the process of creating the new sword would get us rising up very early in the morning to discontinuing extremely late at night. We would rarely take breaks from the creations as we only stop the course of development to eat, sleep, or use the restroom. It was an endless procedure that had us possessed as though we were being control by a higher force. My wife would get worried and sometimes stop by the shop to check up on us to see if we were okay or still alive, seeing the fact that I was hardly ever at home now. But I would tell her not get too worried and let her know that everything was okay. However, there would be times when Comrade, Chris, and I wouldn’t eat at all and my wife would come barging into the shop and stomping downstairs into the basement were the three of us were still continuing on in creating the sword and soon would be yelling at us to stop what we were doing and eat. Seeing my wife in a fiercing rage like that, my friends and I would be too scared to protest against her and did as we were told and had to discontinue from the work.

“How will you continue on with your work, if you don’t eat?” she said to us, as Comrade, Chris, and I sat down at the table in the basement to eat.

“I’m sorry, dear,” I said to her in apology “I guess sometimes we just don’t know when to stop,”

“Really…?” she said as she handed me a plate of baked chicken “That’s no excuse, there are people who die of starvation, y’know,”

“Yeah…but hon-” I said, but was quickly cut off by my wife.

“No buts!” she said, as she began to get angry “If anything should happen to you boys, the last thing I want to see is coming down here to this basement and finding you guys dead on the floor from starvation or passed out due to exhaustion all because you guys were too occupied on working on a sword to even take a break!”

The guys and I both went silent for we knew that she was right. I have been working so hard in making this new sword that I had barely had time for anything.

“And your son has been asking for you, Fred,” she said

I quickly turned to her and saw that she had a mad but disappointing look to her face.

“Really…!? What has he been saying?” I said to her

My wife just sighed and slowly shook her head.

“He wants to know when are you gonna be done in finishing the sword?”

I looked down from my wife and realize that I haven’t much paid attention to my son Alex since I started creating the sword. Like I mention before I barely had time for anything, especially to my own family. I look up to my wife and smile at her as she still had an upset look on her face.

“Don’t worry,” I said to her “I’m almost done, I just need a few more weeks and I’ll be finish with the sword in no time!”

“Are you sure…?” she said to me while raising an eyebrow.

“Yes!” I nodded “And tell Alex that I’ll play with him as soon as I’m done finishing the sword!”

“Alright,” she said and then pointed at me “But you must promise to keep your word,”

I quickly nodded my head “I will! We’ll be done in no time, right boys!?” I said as turn to my friends.

They both shook their heads up and down as my wife turned to them.

“Right!” they said “We’ll be done in no time!”

“Okay,” she said and then smile at us.

The days went by as Comrade, Chris, and I still continued on in working on the sword. The sounds of us guys hammering down on the blade could be heard outside the shop as people walked by and wonder what was happing inside. My wife, who was running the shop at the time I was occupying myself with sword, told the wondering community that I was working on a big project for a Shina SOLIDER who made First Class and asked me to make a sword for him. My wife said that when she told the crowd this, the people’s eyes would get so big that they look like they were about to come out. Soon they would go into awe and suddenly began to praise me for doing such an honor. Back then, when a sword smith made a weapon for a High Class Ranking SOLDIER it was consider the up most integrity that anyone could get, for it meant that you were chosen out of everyone else to be the maker of a Great Warrior’s Blade and therefore got respected for it.

My heart went stun, when my wife first told me about this. It was clearly amazing! I couldn’t believe it! I was just so shock to hear that other people began to recognize me as a great sword smith. It was truly incredible!

“THAT’S AMAZING!!!” I said to her

“Ah…uhh…” she said as she saw me go through the roof for about the one hundredth time.

“I thought that this would never happen to me!!!!!” I said “This is truly incredible!”

“Hey what about us!?” said Comrade “Were making the sword too, y’know!”

“Don’t worry,” I said, as I turned to Comrade and Chris “I would never forget about you guys, you’re my best friends!”

“But you still need to finish up the sword,” said my wife as she walked towards me “It’s not done yet,”

“Right!” I said “There’s still some work to do on it,”

“Yeah,” said Chris “We still have to sharpen and polish the sword, which is probably gonna take another week or so,”

I nodded my head towards Chris and balled my hand into a fist.

“Right!” I said “Let’s get back to work you guys!”

My two friends nodded and the three of us quickly went back to work while my wife just sighed and went back to watching the shop.

My friends and I work and work as we continued on in creating the sword. We labor nonstop until finally after a month’s full of effort of back breaking sweat, the blade that the three of us worked so hard on was finally done and ready to be given to the young SOLDIER that made First Class.

Last edited:

Rika17

Chapter 3
***Flashback***

My friends and I gawked at the blade as the three of us couldn’t take our eyes off it. It was the most beautiful thing we’ve ever created. I held the blade high into the air until it almost touched the ceiling of the basement. I looked into its steel mirror and smile at my reflection and then I slowly turned to my friends and grin at them.

“It’s done, boys”

The two of them both sighed in relief and the three of us look up towards the sword and smiled.

“What a beautiful sword,” said my wife, as walked down the stairs from the shop and looked towards the long sword.

“Yeah! Isn’t it?” said Comrade as he put his hands on his hip and grinned at himself “I think we’ve out done ourselves!”

“We’ve sure have!” said Chris, joining in with Comrade “The best we’ve made!”

“It’s been a long hard month…but…we’re finally finished,” I said, putting the finished blade on the table.

“And…it’s a lovely sword,” said my wife, as walked over to me and gave me a hug “Good work, dear,” and kissed me on the cheek.

“All that’s left now is to give to the customer,” I said, as looked towards the sword.

“Oh yeah!” said Chris “When is he coming to pick it up?”

“I’ll give him a call tomorrow, right now, it’s very late and I’m tired and I’m betting you guys are exhausted as well, right?” I said and turned to my friends and notice that there were bags under their eyes as well as droopy eyelids.

“You’ve got us there,” said Chris as he smiled.

My wife nodded in agreement and turned to us.

“Right!” she said “You’ve guys worked so hard on this sword that the three of you should get some sleep as some well deserve rest,”

Comrade and Chris nodded and the two of the headed upstairs. I stayed behind and watch them go up into the shop. My wife notice that I wasn’t following the group and turned to me in wonderment.

“Dear…? Aren’t you coming?” she said in concern.

“I’ll be there in a bit, I just want to give the sword another quick polish and a sharpen before heading out to bed,” I said to her

She smile and gently nodded her head, “Alright, but don’t stay up too late,”

She turned around and headed towards the stairs and into the shop and closed the door behind her. I looked back towards the sword and sat down at the table and started to sharpen the long weapon. As I scraped the blade against the sharpener I felt an unknown pulse coming from it. I immediately stopped what I was doing and looked down towards the sword and saw that it was gleaming a soft yellow light from its blade. I quickly got up from my chair and looked down at the long masamune in fright. It glowed for about a few more seconds and then suddenly stopped.

I stared at the sword for about a minute before carefully walking towards it to see if it was gonna glow again. It did nothing as it just remain there on table still and quiet. I gulp down in my throat and raised my hand and began to tremble as I reach down towards the sword.

“What’s up with this sword?” I said, as my hand was just over the handle of the blade “Why was it glowing like that?”

I quickly close my eyes and swiftly grasped the sword in my hand as I rapidly stiffen up my body and prepared myself for anything deadly that may happen. I waited still-fully for a sharp pain or jolt that the sword may pass through my body, but felt nothing coming from the blade. I slowly open my eyes to see if anything strange that was coming from the blade but nothing happen it was still and quiet just like before.

“It was just my imagination,” I said while still looking at the sword “I’ve been working so hard on this sword that I’m seeing things,”

I sighed in relief knowing that nothing bad was going to happen to me and sat back down in the chair and pick up the sharpener and began to scape it against the sword again and thinking that what had happen earlier was no more than an illusion.

The next morning I woke up early, with excitement as I quickly ran from my house, without taking the liberty of waking Comrade or Chris, I ran as fast as I could to the shop and quickly let myself in. I quickly reached for the phone that was over the counter and rapidly started to dial some numbers. The phone rang a few times before someone on the other line answer it.

“H…Hello…?” said a sleepy male voice

“Hello Sephiroth, it’s me, Fredrick!” I said in a cheerful voice.

“Oh…Fredrick, yes of course, I remember you now, the sword smith, right? It’s been awhile,” he said feeling more awake now.

“Yes! That’s right! Nice to talk to you too, Oh! Sorry I didn’t mean to wake up so early in the morning but I had to call you right away!”

“Yes…?” He said

“I’ve finished your sword! You’ve can come and pick it up as soon as you like!”

“That’s wonderful!” he said, as I could hear him getting out of bed “I’ll be down there in a bit to pick it up,”

“That’s great!” I said “I’ll be here awaiting for you arrival, then,”

“OK, see you then, goodbye,” he said

“Later,” I said and the two of us hung up the phone.

No more than forty minutes later did the young silver hair man arrive at my door and was standing before the counter with an astonish look upon his face as I presented him the sword that he desired.

“It took a whole month, but I finally finish it,” I said to him and gave him the sword.

The look his face was priceless as the young man just went speechless as he held the sword in his hands. His eyes gazed at the beauty of the metal blade as his image reflected back to him in the steel mirror.

“Astounding!” he said, as he raise the sword above him “What remarkable craftsmanship! I’ve never since anything as magnificent as this!
Truly incredible!”

“Thank you,” I said as I nodded my head in honor.

“Scarlet was right in referring to you,” he said “You are truly an artist,”

“Thanks, I appreciate it,” I said “and I’m really glad that you’ve selected me as your sword smith but alas…all the credit shouldn’t go to me for it should really all go towards my friends who help me create this wonderful sword,”

“Of course, where are they? So that I may thank them,” he said

My eyes went bug-eyed when I realize that Comrade and Christ were still asleep at my house when I left in such a rush this morning due to excitement.

“Umm….well….there….not here….they’re asleep at my house….and….uhhh….” I said to him stupidly knowing that I when I got home I was gonna get a serious tongue lashing from both of them for not waking them up sooner.

The young man just smile and gently nodded his head in understanding.

“It’s alright, I fully understand,” he said in kindness “I know how hard you guy must’ve work on in creating this sword, it must be truly exhausting afterwards, knowing that it took a whole month to make this stunning blade,” he said in a smile “Please, give them my regards when they wake up,”

“Of course,” I said as nodded to him “I’ll let them know how content you are with your new sword,”

“Thanks,” he said “How much do I owe you for your work?”

“You don’t owe me anything,” I said to him while shaking my head “The Company pays me for my work and every weapon that I make for the SOLDIERs, I just turn in the paperwork to them which let them know that I am doing my job,”

The young man just smiles and looks towards me.

“Alright then,” he says “I appreciate all you’ve done for and I’ll let Scarlet know what a fine work you’ve did when I see her again,”

“Thanks,” I said “It was an honor, Let me know if you should need anything else, I’ll be more than happy to serve you,”

“Thank you,” he said “I will,”

“Best of luck to you, Mister First Class Officer Sephiroth!”

Soon after, that young man known as Sephiroth left my little weapon shop and I’ve never saw him again. It wasn’t until few years later that I heard from the news that the young silver hair man who enter my weapon shop became a legend around the world and was widely known and respect as “The Great Sephiroth!” and then years later I would receive the most terrible new of all. That nice young man that I met long ago soon became a mass murder and massacred an entire town known as “Nibelhiem” and ensured it with my own creation that I made for him years ago.

***End Flashback***

Sukie’s eyes went wide as the old inn keeper finally finished his tale of his past. The young women couldn’t believe her ears, for just below her, she was holding the exact same sword that killed many innocent lives that slayed in its master’s path. There was a sense of eeriness upon Sukie as she held the broken blade in her hands. The young mechanic began to tremble as the story of sword smith’s past finally sunken in, and leaving her to shiver in fear of the thought of what this sword has done long ago.

“But….that can’t be……” said Sukie still shaking in fear “This can’t be the right….sword….? It…has to be.....a….mistake…………”

The old sword smith just glared at her and look to her with disappointment.

“Believe it or not kid, that sword murder innocent lives!” he said “And I will not allow it to kill anymore people!”

End Chapter 3

Last edited:

Rika17

Chapter 4:
Enough Talk, Let’s Fight!

Meanwhile back in Kalm, two men dress in black suits stood in a middle of a walking crowd. One of the men was a bald man wearing sunglasses that looked in concern towards his companion, who had long red hair that was tied in a ponytail and kept mumbling to himself in the middle of the street about some girl named Mina. The bald man just stood there in confusion as his red-headed friend walked around in circles in a daze with hearts in his eyes as he acted like he just got pierce with cupid’s arrow. The bald man lowered his head and sighed as the town’s people began to stop and stare at the weird red-head man who kept talking to himself. The bald man put his fingers between his eyes and started to shake his head as he couldn’t watch the humiliation that his friend was making of himself. The bald man straighten up his sunglass that he was wearing and calmly walked over to his love sick friend who was still muttering to himself about a girl.

“Mina, Mina, Mina, Mina………..” said the red head, while his bald friend just looked at him in a glare and grab him by the collar of his shirt.

“Sorry Reno, but you need to…SNAP OUT OF IT!!!” said the bald man, and with a quick of flash, the bald man punched his friend in the face, making the red hair man stumble to the ground and seeing stars before his eyes.

The red hair man laid on the ground for a few seconds before shaking his head from the daze he was in and looking up towards his friend with a burning rage in his eyes.

“DAMN RUDE! WHAT THE HELL, MAN!!??” said the red head as he got up from the ground

“Sorry,” said the bald one “But you were kinda making…an…ass…out of yourself,”

The red head looked towards his partner in confuse.

“What do you mean….?” He said, not remembering what happen to him, due to the punch in the face.
“Well…” said the bald man “A while ago you were just walking around in daze muttering some chick’s name over and over again,”

The ponytail man went wide eyed and began to scratch the back of his head as he just remembers what happen to him.

“Oh…right…” he said feeling kinda embarrass of his unprofessional act he made in front of his friend “Now I remember….heh, heh,”

“Yeah…..” said the bald man “its best that we forget about now,”

“Right,” said the red hair, as he agreed with his friend, but then suddenly changing the subject “But I gotta tell you about this pretty lady I’ve ran into earlier,”

“You can tell me about it later,” said the bald man as he turned around and began walking “right now we’ve gotta find that kid,”

“Oh! That’s right!” said the red hair man, following behind his friend “Where did she go anyways?”

“Beats me?” said the bald man

“What!? You mean you don’t know either?” said the ponytail “Weren’t you just with her?”

“I busy running around town looking for you,” said the bald man, turning to his friend “You got punch by that old guy and went flying through the air remember?”

The red hair man stopped in his tracks and reminisces of what happen to him and began to feel really stupid about himself.

“We must hurry,” said the bald man “I believe she still with Cloud and that old Inn Keeper guy,”

The red hair sighed.

“Knowing Cloud, trouble is never too far away,” he said

The bald man nodded in agreement.

“Right! We must find her as quickly as possible,” he said

The two men nodded their heads and quickly ran through the busy streets of Kalm hoping to find the girl that they were order to escort to see Rufus Shinra.

Back on the grassy plains, Sukie stood in fear and speechless to say anything as the retire sword smith stood across from her and glare at the young mechanic for he had just got done telling his story of his past. Not too far from the two people stood a blonde spiky haired man known as Cloud, who eyes widen as he too just heard everything that the Inn Keeper had just said. The blonde man gasped as he too went into shock and couldn’t believe that the sword that Sukie was holding was created by the man that stood just before her.

“This…can’t be true!” thought Sukie as she was still shivering from what she had heard earlier. “Your...w…wrong….” she said to the sword smith who was just standing across from her “I don’t …believe it!”

“Believe kid, I know, I’m the one who created it after all,” said the Sword smith “and I intend to destroy that thing once and for all!”

Sukie shook her head as she was trying to convince herself that the sword that she was holding wasn’t a deadly weapon that could kill people. It just wasn’t possible; it had to be a mistake.

“This has to be a mistake,” said Sukie as look over towards the Inn Keeper “I saw this sword do some marvelous things. It helped save a friend of mines from certain disaster, it can’t be true!”

The sword smith began to clutch his fists and started to grit his teeth as rage began to scorch from his eyes.

“DON’T BE STUPID KID! BECAUSE OF THAT SWORD MY LIFE WENT STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!”

Sukie stood back a bit as she saw the old Inn Keeper go into rage. She looked towards him and looked deep into his eyes that were filled with hate and saw that there was more to his story than he was saying. She took a deep breath and calmly stopped herself from shaking in fear as she wanted to hear more of what happen in sword smith’s life.

“Why? What happen afterwards?” she said calmly to him “What lead you go in despair?”

The sword smith glared at her as Sukie just looked back at him with petition in her eyes. He could see that she had stop shaking in fear and had a look of composure in her eyes and knew that she was willing to know more of what happen in his past. The sword smith took a deep breath of air in his chest and began to explain to her the aftermath of his tale.

“Not long after Sephiroth destroy the town call Niblehiem, I was accuse of assisting him in the incident, by creating a deadly weapon to destroy mankind,” he said “and being the maker of the sword that I created for him, everyone in Midgar thought that it was my fault that he went into insanity,”

Sukie went into shock.

“But why? Why would people start to think that?” she said “All you did was made a sword for him, it had nothing to do with the massacre, how could they prove you guilty for such a thing?”

“That’s exactly what I’ve told them!?” shouted the Sword Smith “But no one wanted to listen, you see, soon after Sephiroth became a legend, I was known all around Midgar as being the Great Sword Smith who created Septhiroth magnificent sword and was acknowledged for my great deed I’ve did for him, but soon after the destruction of Niblehiem, I was the one that everyone wanted to point fingers at! And because of my false denunciate, I was exiled from the ShinRa Company and was force to move my family away from Midgar and into the little small town of Kalm, where I was criticize, blame, and humiliated by all those who knew of my work towards Sephiroth,”

Sukie went into stun as the Inn Keeper glared at her. The young mechanic was appalled to hear that the sword smith was accused in such a cruel way and couldn’t help but feel a bit sorrow for him and all that he had to go through. The thought of him being rejected by the society that made him famous made her think of herself and how much they had in common. She looked up towards the sword smith and saw that there was still hate in eyes for the sword she was carrying.

“Once that sword is destroy, I will happily live my life in PEACE!” he said

The young mechanic lowered her head towards the ground as she felt nothing but pity for the sword smith that was across from her.

“I’m sorry…..” she said softly towards him “I’m sorry that…..you were wrongly accused for helping Sephiroth in that horrible incident….but….however….I can’t allow you to destroy this sword,” she said, now looking up towards the Inn Keeper “Not after I’ve used it to kill a Midgar Zorm to save one of my friends,”

The sword smith scowled at her and gritted his teeth in rage.

“Stupid kid….YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TERRIBLE THINGS THAT SWORD HAS DONE!!!”

Sukie only smile at the Inn Keeper’s remark and stood her ground as he began to get mad.

“That…maybe true,” she said to the sword smith “But then again…you haven’t see the good things that this sword has done either, have you old man??”

The Inn Keeper’s rage began to swell up as he heard her call him an “old man”, for it was those two words that really ticked him off the most and Sukie knew it.

“You little twerp….” said the sword smith in a very cold voice “I’m gonna make you eat those words and break that piece of sh*t into a million pieces,”

Sukie only smile.

“Well then, what are we doing standing around here for?” she said “Enough with this talk! Let’s fight, old man!”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back