• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FF character Origins?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andromeda

I was wondering if there's any origins stories for Cloud, Aerith, Cid, Squall, etc. Were they born there? I know They were all 12 when the attack happened, but what's their back story?

D

Deleted member 246005

I was wondering if there's any origins stories for Cloud, Aerith, Cid, Squall, etc. Were they born there? I know They were all 12 when the attack happened, but what's their back story?

So far they were from radiant garden and escaped when their world fell. Cloud is more mysterious because we don't know how he gets to Olympus colliseum or when was the last time they met etc.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Their full backstory was never elaborated upon so far.

There were once plans to include Leon/Squall and the "core" FF-gang (including Cloud) as children in Birth by Sleeps Radiant Garden, but Nomura and the staff took them out because according to them RG would be "too crowded" with both them and the human forms of Organisation XIII members present and having the cameos of the Org members was considered more important.

Veevee

Awards
Their full backstory was never elaborated upon so far.

There were once plans to include Leon/Squall and the "core" FF-gang (including Cloud) as children in Birth by Sleeps Radiant Garden, but Nomura and the staff took them out because according to them RG would be "too crowded" with both them and the human forms of Organisation XIII members present and having the cameos of the Org members was considered more important.

I know what you mean, but I still had to chuckle at the thought that ANY world in BBS (or KH in general) might be too crowded with residents. But damn, I love my teenage Isa, so no rant on this. xD

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
According to KH1 Ultimania they do originate from Radiant Garden (although that would create a discrepancy with Sora's statement of Cloud and Sephiroth going back to their own world in KH II should we decide that Sora was a trustworthy source in that moment).
Another question would be posed by Zack, who apparently was able to travel between worlds of his own volition, which should be impossible.
Either that or in the KHverse Zack has no relationship with Cloud and was born in Olympus Coliseum. Which could be, considering his armor is definitely Greek-looking.

And other characters don't share a world with their "FF comrades": Seifer, Raijin and Fujin are from Twilight Town and not Radiant Garden. And Selphie is from Destiny Islands. Auron's origins are unclear, being dead and brought back (especially since we don't know whether Hades Underworld encompasses all worlds or just the Olympus), and they used quotes from FF X meaning he should be the same Auron that did the pilgrimage with Jecht and Braska (although it's not impossible to dismiss that as fanservice if you ask me).

Andromeda

According to KH1 Ultimania they do originate from Radiant Garden (although that would create a discrepancy with Sora's statement of Cloud and Sephiroth going back to their own world in KH II should we decide that Sora was a trustworthy source in that moment).
Another question would be posed by Zack, who apparently was able to travel between worlds of his own volition, which should be impossible.
Either that or in the KHverse Zack has no relationship with Cloud and was born in Olympus Coliseum. Which could be, considering his armor is definitely Greek-looking.

And other characters don't share a world with their "FF comrades": Seifer, Raijin and Fujin are from Twilight Town and not Radiant Garden. And Selphie is from Destiny Islands. Auron's origins are unclear, being dead and brought back (especially since we don't know whether Hades Underworld encompasses all worlds or just the Olympus), and they used quotes from FF X meaning he should be the same Auron that did the pilgrimage with Jecht and Braska (although it's not impossible to dismiss that as fanservice if you ask me).
Ah, man. That's an excellent thought you shared. That really makes sense to me, too. I especially like the observation you made about Zack's outfit looking Greek. It makes sense that Zack doesn't know the gang.

I guess I was wondering how the heck does Squall/Aerith/Cloud/Yuffie/Cid all know each other? Cid's much older than the rest so did he, like, adopt them or something? I remember Nomura saying that Cloud was left behind when the Heartless attacked Radiant Garden, so that means they were "friends" before they left for Traverse Town. But I just wish we knew how Cid came to be the "father" of four lol

Thanks to everyone that helped out.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Did he say that? I remember Sora in KH2 saying Cloud went to "fight a great battle", I don't remember him mentioning them going to any world in particular. Unless this is in the direct Japanese translation?
Could you pull up a quote?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Ah, man. That's an excellent thought you shared. That really makes sense to me, too. I especially like the observation you made about Zack's outfit looking Greek. It makes sense that Zack doesn't know the gang.

I guess I was wondering how the heck does Squall/Aerith/Cloud/Yuffie/Cid all know each other? Cid's much older than the rest so did he, like, adopt them or something? I remember Nomura saying that Cloud was left behind when the Heartless attacked Radiant Garden, so that means they were "friends" before they left for Traverse Town. But I just wish we knew how Cid came to be the "father" of four lol

Thanks to everyone that helped out.

Glad I could help.

Did he say that? I remember Sora in KH2 saying Cloud went to "fight a great battle", I don't remember him mentioning them going to any world in particular. Unless this is in the direct Japanese translation?
Could you pull up a quote?

I made a tiny mistake: it wasn't Sora, it was Goofy.

[video=youtube;VSGKAtWgGNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSGKAtWgGNA[/video]

Ginalea00

Awards
I feel like Leon/Yuffie/Aerith/Cid were very important characters in KH1 and then fell by the wayside. They were the first characters SDG encountered, provided lots of knowledge to the trio and were somewhat antagonists to KH1 villains Ansem and Maleficent. They were also important in symbolising Disney teaming up with Final Fantasy. They had a lesser but still decent role in KH2 but have been absent from every other game. It's a shame because I liked Leon's crew as they are regular humans (not heartless/nobodies, not a version of Sora/Xehanort/Org13) and I'd like to see them again in KH3. Hopefully they have a past with Ansem the Wise or Xehanort that's explored in KH3 but I feel their story came to a close when Hollow Bastion became Radiant Garden again. Plus the decision to not include them in BBS suggests their not interested in exploring these characters further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back